Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1426724 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4578) (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) ... (4617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:51am On Apr 18
Sometimes is very difficult to believe FG and government appointees. They can lie.

See fuel subsidy for instance. IMF and El Rufai recently said Nigeria is still paying fuel subsidy.

FG said is not true. That anyone that thinks FG is still paying subsidy should come up with EVIDENCE and FACTS grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 11:58am On Apr 18
Itsrm:
grin grin

Which kind of mixup b dis grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:29pm On Apr 18
Itsrm:
grin grin

The two names no even relate sef grin

Imagine Hudeyin saying he was the one that confimed the info for the bloggers. Na wa o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:32pm On Apr 18
GloriousGbola:
https://www.nairaland.com/8065360/dj-switch-police-apologises-dj

https://www.nairaland.com/8065321/cathrine-obianuju-udeh-dj-switch

seems it may be our click chasing blogerati at it again

copied and posted as received

las las, if it did happen, our police will have it on video

they have taught them well in that

edit

https://www.nairaland.com/8065360/dj-switch-police-apologises-dj

fking bloggers. it sounds dictatorial - but i think they are going to have to get some sort of license

this is pure mental laziness. these people will share something interpret it wrongly, publish it and run with it

the other day someone posted about a guy who made a machine that can perform CPR. i was arguing withh the person who shared this post that a machine cannot perform CPR

turns out the original article was about an automatic cpr bag - which an olodo blogger converted to automatic cpr machine which was then copied and pasted everywhere

as an aside, Tinubu no get time for online noisemakers. for all we know david hundeyin is also back in lagos

Na why I talk say if the story is true, then no be ordinary eyes. How person wey no dey in good terms with government go get mind assault police officer?

Anyways Benjamin Hudeyin is giving me some kinda vibes like some of those civil servants wey go dey leak info give bloggers undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:40pm On Apr 18
https://www.nairaland.com/8065464/nubifie-shuts-down-heritage-bank

I saw these people protesting this morning in front of their office and I was wondering aloud: "what did Heritage bank do to union that they are drumming and singing at their office gate like this ?" .

I didn't even know it had to do with mass sack or no mass sack.

One thing I noticed is that those Union guys had normal educated people among them and also touts who are obviously rented.

Una sure say with this kind negative publicity sef, this kind bank will scale through the recapitalization exercise?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:42pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

Imagine Hudeyin saying he was the one that confimed the info for the bloggers. Na wa o.

Balogunodua:

Which kind of mixup b dis grin grin

The two names get DJ grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:08pm On Apr 18
OasisX:

grin

.....seem you don't get the post?! Cloud seeding is a common practice in UAE coz of heat. Rain barely fall hence its needed once in a while to enjoy downpour. LOL!

Did this rain touch all those sand dunes and is it possible for vegetation to start growing on those places if the rain and seeding continues
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:10pm On Apr 18
GloriousGbola:

I hope they caught all this on video Sha.

Hard to believe a person can be this self destructive. Maybe she was high or something

The other lesson is to stop investing your self in online activists.

When people dey hail you abi when you don get some 1k followers on social media you start thinking of yourself as untouchable and Fela or Gani

They didn't know the physical torture those Fela and Gani endured

When Seun Kuti and even Davido enter police issue they saw that it's not easy. Even with their famous last names
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

Which means no be the bloggers fault. Na Ben fault.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

I saw these people protesting this morning in front of their office and I was wondering aloud: "what did Heritage bank do to union that they are drumming and singing at their office gate like this ?" .

One thing I noticed is that those Union guys had normal educated people among them and also touts who are obviously rented.

Una sure say with this kind negative publicity sef, this kind bank will scale through the recapitalization exercise?

How many branch Heritage Bank get wey dey them sack 1000 staff? Where them see the 1000 staff in the first place?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:

Did this rain touch all those sand dunes and is it possible for vegetation to start growing on those places if the rain and seeding continues

I doubt. I think they do the rain for cooling the atmosphere purposes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:34pm On Apr 18
iamoyindamola:
See you in another life

https://driveseed.org/zfile/EX4bhHY4ry

Cc blueraydick
True life story
It's about the terrorist attack in Madrid on march 11 2004

I remembered this attack because it was a day after Bayern played Madrid in a CL quarter in Madrid. The game where I first saw Schweinsteiger in the CL and looked like Effenberg regen.
The following day I wanted to check news of the game and match reactions and saw that there was a terror attack and started hoping the players were not affected
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:

I remembered this attack because it was a day after Bayern played Madrid in a CL quarter in Madrid. The game where I first saw Schweinsteiger in the CL and looked like Effenberg regen.
The following day I wanted to check news of the game and match reactions and saw that there was a terror attack and started hoping the players were not affected
What year did you japa sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:47pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

But if this Dj Switch story is true, I don't think they frustrated her at all. In fact, the police should be commended for trying to be on the side of the law in this her case.

She reported someone, they invited the person and then they gave her the option of either charging the person to court or releasing the person within the 48 hours timeframe the law permits.

Now she's saying she wants the person to do video and apologize so she can put it online. Which kind reasoning be that? If that was what she wanted, then she shouldn't have gone to the police na. She should've just use non-state actors to carry the guy, beat the guy up and force him to do apology video. That way we will know she took the laws into her hands with her full chest.

Aswear she's giving the vibe that Nigerians don't really hate injustice afterall

You just dey know this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:47pm On Apr 18
iamoyindamola:

What year did you japa sef

I was in Naija when the incident happened oh. Na Yar Adua days I comot
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:52pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

I am trying to understand the thinking behind this sacking and protest

If a company decides that the services of some staff are no longer needed, what argument can the staff put forward that will be convincing to make them retain them?

If its to get all outstanding allowance, I can understand but to force an employer to retain you on payroll? If the company says its not profitable to retain your services, or your service are not needed, what kain argument you wan get sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:53pm On Apr 18
BTW where is izzou? ABi he follow our GO enter RONDOM for Power must blow concert

Anyone don hear the Flavor song featuring Odumeje?

Na pure banger
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:53pm On Apr 18
larride:

Which means no be the bloggers fault. Na Ben fault.

Yes na. That's why Ben is making an apology cos he knows he messed up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:54pm On Apr 18
larride:

How many branch Heritage Bank get wey dey them sack 1000 staff? Where them see the 1000 staff in the first place?

It may be exaggeration sha or maybe it includes contract staff as well.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:

I was in Naija when the incident happened oh. Na Yar Adua days I comot
Oh
i thought you were already there
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

It may be exaggeration sha or maybe it includes contract staff as well.

Even with contract staff, Heritage Bank no fit get over 1k staff that they are sacking 1000 staff. I just dont see how that's possible.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:01pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:

I am trying to understand the thinking behind this sacking and protest

IIf a company decides that the services of some staff are no longer needed, what argument can the staff put forward that will be convincing to make them retain them?

If its to get all outstanding allowance, I can understand but to force an employer to retain you on payroll? If the company says its not profitable to retain your services, or your service are not needed, what kain argument you wan get sef

I think they are protesting for their allowances I.e severance package .U know some companies have nice severance packages that have been in place when things still better for naija, but once management change and maybe the company is not doing well financially the management may want to shy away from fulfilling such obligations .

Then according to the news piece it appears there's rancor between the new MD and some members of the board . It's like there's a fight for the soul of the company and the staff are being used as pawn in the game of thrones . The new MD most likely sacked some senior staff belonging to other camps . I believe those are the people sponsoring the protest ; most likely with the blessing of some people at the board level that want the MD ousted
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:04pm On Apr 18
larride:

Even with contract staff, Heritage Bank no fit get over 1k staff that they are sacking 1000 staff. I just dont see how that's possible.

Well, I don't know their staff strength sha and I also believe the 1k is an exaggeration.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

I think they are protesting for their allowances I.e severance package .U know some companies have nice severance packages that have been in place when things still better for naija, but once management change and maybe the company is not doing well financially the management may want to shy away from fulfilling such obligations .

Then according to the news piece it appears there's rancor between the new MD and some members of the board . It's like there's a fight for the soul of the company and the staff are being used as pawn in the game of thrones . The new MD most likely sacked some senior staff belonging to other camps . I believe those are the people sponsoring the protest ; most likely with the blessing of some people at the board level that want the MD ousted

This makes sense to protest severance and outstanding benefits cos every employment is a contract where you are doing each other benefit

Anyone can walk away at anytime, The same way employees can walk away from the job, employers can walk away at anytime

Below is an example in the news this week, Overnight some employees were laid off at Tesla

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/tesla-layoffs-texas-gigafactory-employees-overnight-email
Some employees even showed up to work on Monday morning.

"I was literally standing outside trying to figure out why my badge wasn't working. Why is it that I can't log in?" said one employee, a single mom of three kids, who wanted to remain anonymous. "Come to find out I was laid off."

The employees FOX 7 spoke to were sent an email notifying them around 3 a.m. Monday morning. It noted the need for "cost reductions" and "increasing productivity."

"As part of this effort, we have done a thorough review of the organization and made the difficult decision to reduce our headcount globally. Unfortunately, as a result, your position has been eliminated by this restructuring," reads the email.

"Please know this decision was not made lightly, and we are deeply grateful for the hard work and dedication during your time with us."

Employees were told in the email that their last working day was Sunday, April 14.

According to the U.S. Dept. of Labor, the WARN Act requires most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.

Official employment termination will occur as early as June 14, according to the letter, and employees will be paid and receive benefits until then.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:10pm On Apr 18
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:17pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:
Talking about losing jobs

What a way to lose your livelihood
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/google-fires-28-workers-anti-israel-protests-april-2024?taid=6621195d35bd2b0001b37681&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
Good riddance
I am sure they know they will be fired, you cant be protesting against your company and still expect to still be working there
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:27pm On Apr 18
iamoyindamola:

Good riddance
I am sure they know they will be fired, you cant be protesting against your company and still expect to still be working there

Their company get 1.2bn contract with Google the money wey go pay their salaries
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:49pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:
Talking about losing jobs

What a way to lose your livelihood
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/google-fires-28-workers-anti-israel-protests-april-2024?taid=6621195d35bd2b0001b37681&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Na village people dial these ones number grin

There's a reason why they say " Don't shiiit where u eat"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:02pm On Apr 18
raumdeuter:

Their company get 1.2bn contract with Google the money wey go pay their salaries

Let them go and find job in Gaza
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:06pm On Apr 18
larride:

These Israelies and Zionist corporations no dey play at all.

I think it was nihilistjnr that first mentioned it back then on the Chelsea thread when there was a discussion about BLM ; how blacks need to win financially and nobody will be able to use racism hurt them.

The Jews have their money everywhere; no matter how u hate them their money will humble u.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:10pm On Apr 18
Why is yaya bello running upandan
Emilokan should talk to him na

(1) (2) (3) ... (4578) (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) ... (4617) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: DeadPresidents and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.