Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1494265 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4576) (4577) (4578) (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) ... (4701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 10:10pm On Apr 17
OasisX:
grin

......Sad News: 1km completed, 699kms to go - Lagos-Calabar Coaster Highway.
Where is the train track in the middle they said the road will have?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:40pm On Apr 17
Itsrm:
"I perceive a future where we really don't need to intervene"

Tells me all I need to hear. grin

That's what is called PROPAGANDA .

Most people don't know propaganda includes facts, half-truths , outright lies and sometimes a mixture of everything just to influence public opinion.

U can see Cardoso's statement has already achieved its aim grin .

Person say he perceive a future where they won't need to intervene ( which obviously mean that's not what obtains in the present ) , but see people refusing to see his statement was half-truth. He talk half, he leave the other half for una to go figure .

At least he was wise enough not to ask people to go bring evidence of intervention like petroleum minister was asking grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:47pm On Apr 17
Ellexy:
Where is the train track in the middle they said the road will have?

grin

.......train track construction will begin from Jakande bruh.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17
BlueRayDick:

Most people don't know propaganda includes facts, half-truths , outright lies and sometimes a mixture of everything just to influence public opinion.

Person say he perceive a future where they won't need to intervene ( which obviously mean that's not what obtains in the present ) , but see people refusing to see his statement was half-truth. He talk half, he leave the other half for una to go figure .

At least he was wise enough not to ask people to go bring evidence of intervention like petroleum minister was asking grin

It was obvious the guy was being economical with the truth and it's a surprise some people can't see it. Even the interviewers were a disappointment. I expected follow up questions where he was being vague.

Looks like all the normal arrangee interview where he would have been shown the questions beforehand. He would have also told them what to ask and what not to ask.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 10:57pm On Apr 17
OasisX:

grin

.......train track construction will begin from Jakande bruh.
Na wetin Umahi tell you?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by YoshihideSuga: 10:59pm On Apr 17
DissTroy:

No. Akwa State University main campus is at Ikot Akpaden, Mkpan Enin LGA, while the annex is at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam LGA.

Oruk Anam is the largest LGA so maybe not so much. Like I mentioned, interiors. The neighbouring Ukanafun LGA is a good option.

Onna and Esit Eket LGAs might work. Udom urbanised those areas though.

Just avoid Eket and Ibeno - oil-producing areas snapped up by the big boys.

Avoid this area. Completely urban. Rivals Uyo, Eket, and Ikot Ekpene for urbanisation somewhat.

The refinery is at Ete in Ikot Abasi. The fertilizer facility is close to the Mkpat Enin axis but still in Ikot Abasi LGA.

ALSCON and Ferrostal company take up the other expanses. Ibom Power Company takes up the Ibekwe axis after the refinery still in Ikot Abasi LGA. The Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi (FUTIA) takes up the rest.

No available lands for such.

Ukanafun LGA might work.

----

Wait a minute... How come you know that axis so well?

Thanks for the indepth assessment. Na to go re-look the map of Akwa Ibom. I recall it's installed at Tropicana.

As for my knowledge of Akwa Ibom, well, I will not want to be too forward. Who knows, we fit meet physically by chance. Till then.

Once again, thanks for the information especially on the locations of Jose massive industries. I have never known their locations until now. Which means that Mkpat Enin-Eket-IkotAbasi axis would be a commercial/industrial/education zone on its own, like Abak/Ikot Ekpene, Oron/Mbo and Uyo. Good for Akwa Ibom, the state is having economically functioning cities beyond its state capital.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:01pm On Apr 17
grin

.......Itsrm-sama, sit, relax, plug your earbuds and enjoy the complete session.

https://twitter.com/APCUKingdom/status/1780693880343798096?t=PVrnh3krYHAnzsmw6-iCSA&s=19

Cc User09
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:02pm On Apr 17
Ellexy:
Na wetin Umahi tell you?

grin

.....na wetin dey the masterplan. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Apr 17
BlueRayDick:

A Central Bank Governors job by definition is to avoid spooking the markets. Propaganda can't be levelled against him, he is doing his job which includes softening the message and obfuscating the naked truth if need be (not saying he is). He is simply doing his job towards a greater goal of protecting the economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:07pm On Apr 17
cheesy

.....sad clarification/analysis. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 11:30pm On Apr 17
Ive been busy drinking Arsenal tears but now I have time to diffuse the whole thing.

The shift in the reserves has little or nothing to do with defending the naira

The statement above. Please what does it mean ?

I have never seen where a clear as day statement is being ignored to push the word intent. Nawa oo. Why is the focus on what he implies when there's a direct statement?

Because he talked about "intention". Of course, every central bank will prefer a sane market but knowing how speculators play in the Nigerian market. He's telling you they will intervene if they have to but that isnt the preference . Of course, this is within the right and mandate of the CBN
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:36pm On Apr 17
Ibime:

A Central Bank Governors job by definition is to avoid spooking the markets. Propaganda can't be levelled against him, he is doing his job which includes softening the message and obfuscating the naked truth if need be (not saying he is). He is simply doing his job towards a greater goal of protecting the economy.

Nobody said the CBN governor shouldn't do his job .

Nobody said defending the naira is wrong or illegal .

In fact, nobody really cared about whether Naira was being defended or not until Tinubu led APC government made defending the naira look like a bad thing .

The CBN under Cardoso bold faced told us naira has been floated and henceforth the CBN will no longer determine the exchange rate but that only interaction between demand and supply will be determining the exchange rate . The old practice of defending the naira or intervention by CBN will no longer happen .

So we are only curious to know if like most of Tinubu's policies that didn't work out as planned; perhaps they have quietly gone back to the drawing board without "louding it ". At least that was what happened with petroleum subsidy .

It's nothing deep at all

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 11:40pm On Apr 17
Ibime:

Precisely why data is of the utmost importance when parsing the statements of central bank governors.

Unfortunately, under Cardi B's regime, they've been quick to share favorable data but deliberately withhold hard data that'd offer clarity.

This is a Governor who sent out a spokeswoman on a late week afternoon to organize the media and wax lyrical that billions had come in after the just-concluded TBill auction. Information one could already glean from TBill auction data and the FMDQ.
Yet now he has refused to state exactly what debts accrued since Q2 2023 could possibly be responsible for hiking our traditional debt service payments so high that it results in a negative $2B reserve depletion.
More importantly, considering he's already taken more debt at the start of this year at worse interest rates (double digit) and already preparing to take on more, what does it mean for our monetary position going forward.

This is an administration where the Minister of State for Petroleum can go on the record and insist that subsidy is not being paid on gasoline.
Forgive me for not taking the words of a central bank governor of the same administration at face value. As folks would say, he should show workings.

-Lord

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:47pm On Apr 17
BlueRayDick:

In fact, nobody really cared about whether Naira was being defended or not until Tinubu led APC government made defending the naira look like a bad thing .

The CBN under Cardoso bold faced told us naira has been floated and henceforth the CBN will no longer determine the exchange rate but that only interaction between demand and supply will be determining the exchange rate . The old practice of defending the naira or intervention by CBN will no longer happen .

So we are only curious to know if like most of Tinubu's policies that didn't work out as planned; perhaps they have quietly gone back to the drawing board without "louding it ". At least that was what happened with petroleum subsidy .

It's nothing deep at all

It's allowed. Peter Obi said he would float the Naira, then when it floated too far he said "I would have floated it, but defended it at N700".

Only first world countries can really guarantee a float without interventions.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:56pm On Apr 17
Ibime:

It's allowed. Peter Obi said he would float the Naira, then when it floated too far he said "I would have floated it, but defended it at N700".

Only first world countries can really guarantee a float without interventions.

How Peter Obi take enter this matter now ? grin

Anyways the crux of the matter is there's nothing wrong in admitting something didn't go as planned and take ur L in peace instead of beating around the bush with half-truths .

Nobody will beat u, at least u have ur 4 years guaranteed by the constitution until next election. There's nothing wrong in being honest with the situation of things. People will only troll and move on afterwards.

That's better than the petroleum minister sounding unintelligent on national TV trying to insult the intelligence of millions of Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 12:00am On Apr 18
Plenty grammar, arrogance, noise, pontificating but zero substance. This Lord guy dey funny me die grin grin.

Walahi he has zero to little knowledge of fundamentals or economics. Just associating and garbling terms together.

My apologies Lord, I know this is a personal attack but I just couldnt help it grin grin grin. Just allow me this moment, I'm still celebrating Arsenal's L

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 12:02am On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

It's nothing deep at all

I cannot for the life of me understand why they're willing to die on this hill.

It's like catching a toddler with food smeared all over their cute faces and they still insist on whatever divinity their tiny brains can reference that they ate nothing.

It's embarrassing.
Heck, the FPIs don't care that deeply about the immediate intervention.
Most of the investment houses are united in their belief that the CBN can indeed push the rates to the sub-1000 region and that they should.
The most dyed-in-the-wool speculator knew an intervention was imminent when the naira slid deeply.

But to these hyper-partisan folks, it must never escape their lips that the CBN is intervening.
That is a bad bad word that summons the Grim Reaper.

The most negative development in this Tinubu administration is narrative control and radical politicization of everything.
Nothing is sacred. Nothing is spared.
Rather than debate properly about the nature, length, and medium term efficacy of this intervention, we're still yelling over each other about word choice. Beyond shameful!

-Lord

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:06am On Apr 18
LordAdam16:

Precisely why data is of the utmost importance when parsing the statements of central bank governors.

Unfortunately, under Cardi B's regime, they've been quick to share favorable data but deliberately withhold hard data that'd offer clarity.

This is a Governor who sent out a spokeswoman on a late week afternoon to organize the media and wax lyrical that billions had come in after the just-concluded TBill auction. Information one could already glean from TBill auction data and the FMDQ.
Yet now he has refused to state exactly what debts accrued since Q2 2023 could possibly be responsible for hiking our traditional debt service payments so high that it results in a negative $2B reserve depletion.
More importantly, considering he's already taken more debt at the start of this year at worse interest rates (double digit) and already preparing to take on more, what does it mean for our monetary position going forward.

This is an administration where the Minister of State for Petroleum can go on the record and insist that subsidy is not being paid on gasoline.
Forgive me for not taking the words of a central bank governor of the same administration at face value. As folks would say, he should show workings.

-Lord

Central Bank Governor and Petroleum minister are two different briefs. We expect half truths from CBN so long as their data is correct. It is not seen as lying, but picking out the stats that favour a positive narrative. So long as their stats are truthful, they can give whatever interpretation they want about the stats. Just like CFO before quarter end who will suddenly find a favourable true-up, or rebase their assumptions on 365+ Bad Debt calculation in order to hit a profit figure analysts are expecting before quarterly reports are due, in order to save the stock from tanking. Finance is about massaging the message and managing the results in lean periods, until a bountiful period allows you to clean out all the cobwebs and absorb all your writedowns. Or alternatively, you bring out all your dirty laundry when the economy crashes (which I suspect many NSE CFOs are currently doing, burying their bad news amongst the greater bad news.)

For me as long as a central bank publish their stats and stats are accurate, Governor can paint whatever picture he wants. Cardi B problem is that Emefiele so fücked up the reserves, our central bank can't afford to give full disclosure for now

I for one don't believe our Foreign Reserves figure of $32bln. I have never seen where CBN will hold $32bln unencumbered and be begging hat in hand for loans of $3bln, $1bln and $600m to stabilise Naira. Loans for Naira defence are a foreign concept in our monetary policy. With $32bln, you can defend Naira for up to 3 years before it hits zero

I believe the JP Morgan reports that most of the $32bln is encumbered and this is why I believe Cardi B is not in a position to give full disclosure because the naked truth will tank Nigeria. The Afrexim loan alone is enough signalling that all is not well. Cardi B is doing his best under the circumstance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 12:06am On Apr 18
User09:
Plenty grammar, arrogance, noise, pontificating but zero substance. This Lord guy dey funny me die grin grin.

Walahi he has zero to little knowledge of fundamentals. Just associating and garbling terms together.

My apologies Lord, I know this is a personal attack but I just couldnt help it grin grin grin. Just allow me this moment, I'm still celebrating Arsenal's L

You are excused.

Arsenal should be made to give up their CL slot.
Still ruing their weekend disaster. Then somehow they capitulate to one of the worst Bayern teams in recent history.
Absolute wankers.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:07am On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

How Peter Obi take enter this matter now ? grin

What's good for the Jews is good for Uganda grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 12:08am On Apr 18
LordAdam16:

You are excused.

Arsenal should be made to give up their CL slot.
Still ruing their weekend disaster, then somehow capitulate to one of the worst Bayern teams in recent history.

-Lord

Nice one my Lord.

At least we both agree on this cool cool

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 12:15am On Apr 18
User09:

Walahi he has zero to little knowledge of fundamentals or economics. Just associating and garbling terms together.

Im wondering what the guy argument is exactly. cheesy

I'm also enjoying myself with Manchester city lost today...grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 12:40am On Apr 18
Ibime:

Central Bank Governor and Petroleum minister are two different briefs. We expect half truths from CBN so long as their data is correct. It is not seen as lying, but picking out the stats that favour a positive narrative. So long as their stats are truthful, they can give whatever interpretation they want about the stats. Just like CFO before quarter end who will suddenly find a favourable true-up, or rebase their assumptions on 365+ Bad Debt calculation in order to hit a profit figure analysts are expecting before quarterly reports are due, in order to save the stock from tanking. Finance is about massaging the message and managing the results in lean periods, until a bountiful period allows you to clean out all the cobwebs and absorb all your writedowns. Or alternatively, you bring out all your dirty laundry when the economy crashes (which I suspect many NSE CFOs are currently doing, burying their bad news amongst the greater bad news.)

For me as long as a central bank publish their stats and stats are accurate, Governor can paint whatever picture he wants. Cardi B problem is that Emefiele so fücked up the reserves, our central bank can't afford to give full disclosure for now

I for one don't believe our Foreign Reserves figure of $32bln. I have never seen where CBN will hold $32bln unencumbered and be begging hat in hand for loans of $3bln, $1bln and $600m to stabilise Naira. Loans for Naira defence are a foreign concept in our monetary policy. With $32bln, you can defend Naira for up to 3 years before it hits zero

I believe the JP Morgan reports that most of the $32bln is encumbered and this is why I believe Cardi B is not in a position to give full disclosure because the naked truth will tank Nigeria. The Afrexim loan alone is enough signalling that all is not well. Cardi B is doing his best under the circumstance.

That's really the crux of it, isn't it?
He should show his workings. Lay it all out.

I can listen to Cardi B on various issues like the current bank recapitalization, inflation control, regulation in the payments service industry, et cetera.
But on the FX market, because of how politicized it's become, I'm only laser focused on the stats and figures. His narratives are for the consumption of his cheerleaders.

If JP Morgan had not shared that report, we'd not have known the degree of encumbrances on the reserves.
And Cardi B would have been painting rosy narratives as to the true state of the reserves as he is now about his moves in the FX market.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:56am On Apr 18
Or alternatively, you bring out all your dirty laundry when the economy crashes (which I suspect many NSE CFOs are currently doing, burying their bad news amongst the greater bad news.)

@ibime

cheesy

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL11811588/

I remember cadburys 2008 fraud -

Almost like when banks are robbed and the managers add all their tallied embezzlements to the looted figures
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:20am On Apr 18
https://www.nairaland.com/8064972/air-peace-accused-abandoning-abuja-owerri
Nawa o
Someone said majority of their pilots are now international
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:54am On Apr 18
iamoyindamola:
https://www.nairaland.com/8064972/air-peace-accused-abandoning-abuja-owerri
Nawa o
Someone said majority of their pilots are now international

What did I just read ? Owerri airport closes at 6.40pm ? shocked

Yet all these stupid governors want to keep spending state money on building more airports .

Na wa o. Airport Dey close 6.40pm ; only God knows what time Eboyin airport will be closing; maybe 3pm or earlier sef.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:02am On Apr 18
grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:28am On Apr 18
BlueRayDick:

What did I just read ? Owerri airport closes at 6.40pm ? shocked

Yet all these stupid governors want to keep spending state money on building more airports .

Na wa o. Airport Dey close 6.40pm ; only God knows what time Eboyin airport will be closing; maybe 3pm or earlier sef.
Yes those local airports close but this one is very early na
So any flight that's 1 hour to closing time they won't bother coming to owerri
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 8:27am On Apr 18
So, weather controlling science backfired and we have flood in the desert..... undecided

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:29am On Apr 18
Ellexy:
So, weather controlling science backfired and we have flood in the desert..... undecided
Snow go soon fall for naija be that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:34am On Apr 18
So true true portable gbese le alafin ex wife
And nothing happened to him shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/8065145/portable-calls-out-wife-queen
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 8:51am On Apr 18
iamoyindamola:

Snow go soon fall for naija be that
With the help of jazz or tech?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4576) (4577) (4578) (4579) (4580) (4581) (4582) ... (4701) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.