Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire (5886 Views)

Did The Roman Empire Invent Christianity? Answers By Chatgpt / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / CHURCH VS CONGREGATION Congregation Was Yahshua Creation, Church A Creation Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
guysbewise:
I know you trying to deceive gullible people here that Jesus Christ is real is your full time job but for me this forum is not my full time job so I will give you facts from history to show that Jesus Christ was a creation of the Roman empire to help you to start THINKING. 

Even now if a person born after Nigerian independence is to write about the events before Nigerian independence the person's account cannot be authentic unless the person makes authentic references to documents and adult writers who wrote about events before the independence of Nigeria. Same thing with the New Testament and Josephus Flavius writings.
Now use your own analogy and ask yourself this question to help your thought process.

I have been hammering on whether Jesus Christ of Nazareth the brother of James (Chapter 9, Book 20) EXISTED OR NOT

Do you have to be alive in 1st October 1960 to confirm whether Nigeria gained independence or not? Answer this question and see how flawed your thought process is.

guysbewise:
I
Clearly these writings are not authentic as there is not a reference to any written document during the time of the Ministry of Jesus Christ when there were already Jewish writers before Jesus Christ was born. 
This thread is about "Jesus Christ" there been other Jesuses in history but the one this thread is about is the Jesus Christ created by the Roman empire as the the Romans were amazed when they entered the Holies of Holies inside the temple in Jerusalem and found that there were not statue of a Jewish God in the the Temple but were told the Jewish God lives in their hearts, this was what made the Romans to decide they too will create Jesus Christ as the Messiah the Jews a waiting for.
The first christian writings were found in the letters of Paul, which were written beginning in 50 CE and are the earliest surviving Christian texts. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Jesus/The-Jewish-religion-in-the-1st-century

Jews today agreed that Paul was not a Jew as his writings are against Judaism. Paul never met Jesus Christ and all that is known today about Jesus Christ are from Paul written beginning in 50 ce and the Gospels of the New Testament, the earliest of which was Mark (written 60–80 ce), followed by Matthew, Luke, and John (75–90 ce) https://www.britannica.com/biography/Jesus/The-Jewish-religion-in-the-1st-century

No writings were found during the time of Jesus Christ. There were Jewish writers during the supposed time of Jesus Christ. This should tell you that there is something fishy about Jesus Christ that no Jewish writers wrote anything about Him throughout the time of His ministry with all the miracles He was said to have performed.

None of the four Gospels and the New Testament were written by the disciples of Jesus Christ and they were written at least 10 years later after the earliest letters of Paul in 50 ce and Paul's first letters were about 20 years after the ministry of Jesus Christ and the New Testament talked about all the thousands of converts to christainity on the day of pentecost.

Christ is not a Jewish word and historians have agreed that Josephus Flavius being a Jew from a priestly family would have explained what Christ is as Christ is not a Jewish word.  

Josephus Flavius was a traitor to the Jews as he was more concerned about saving his own life so he was an easy tool to be used by the Roman Empire to write about Jesus Christ.

Josephus Flavius' writing on Jesus Christ is fake and was influenced by the Roman empire who captured and asked him to write a history on the Jews.

All these are repetition from your previous post which I've replied.

guysbewise:

Josephus Flavius was not born during the supposed time of Jesus Christ so his account is not authentic.   

Let me guess, so you and your watery sources (if any) were alive between 6BC to 33AD to confirm Jesus Christ never existed? Please don't make me laugh. Oh wait, sorry...you're a comedian cheesy

Now dodge all the points I've raised here and repeat your post cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

For starters, the bolded part of your quote reeks of ignorance. The Ethiopian Bible which is the oldest and most complete in the world is free from Roman Catholic influence.

This further destroys your claims that the Roman Catholic "invented" Jesus Christ cheesy

Research history thoroughly before making ludicrous claims mehn

Then let me lecture you. See information below from: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ethiopian-Orthodox-Tewahedo-Church
"Ethiopia was further Christianized in the 4th century ce by two men (likely brothers) from Tyre—St. Frumentius, later consecrated the first Ethiopian bishop, and Aedesius."
"Saint Frumentius, Amharic Abba Salama, (flourished 4th century; feast day October 27 in the Roman Catholic Church."

"Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, autocephalous Oriental Orthodox church in Ethiopia. Headquarters are in Addis Ababa, the country’s capital.

Tradition holds that Ethiopia was first evangelized by St. Matthew and St. Bartholomew in the 1st century ce, and the first Ethiopian convert is thought to have been the eunuch in Jerusalem mentioned in The Acts of the Apostles (8:27–40). Ethiopia was further Christianized in the 4th century ce by two men (likely brothers) from Tyre—St. Frumentius, later consecrated the first Ethiopian bishop, and Aedesius. They won the confidence of the king at Aksum (a powerful kingdom in northern Ethiopia) and were allowed to evangelize. The succeeding king, Ezana, was baptized by Frumentius, and Christianity was made the state religion. Toward the end of the 5th century, nine monks from Syria are said to have brought monasticism to Ethiopia and encouraged the translation of the Scriptures into the Geʿez language."
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Then let me lecture you. See information below from: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ethiopian-Orthodox-Tewahedo-Church
"Ethiopia was further Christianized in the 4th century ce by two men (likely brothers) from Tyre—St. Frumentius, later consecrated the first Ethiopian bishop, and Aedesius."
"Saint Frumentius, Amharic Abba Salama, (flourished 4th century; feast day October 27 in the Roman Catholic Church."

"Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, autocephalous Oriental Orthodox church in Ethiopia. Headquarters are in Addis Ababa, the country’s capital.

Tradition holds that Ethiopia was first evangelized by St. Matthew and St. Bartholomew in the 1st century ce, and the first Ethiopian convert is thought to have been the eunuch in Jerusalem mentioned in The Acts of the Apostles (8:27–40). Ethiopia was further Christianized in the 4th century ce by two men (likely brothers) from Tyre—St. Frumentius, later consecrated the first Ethiopian bishop, and Aedesius. They won the confidence of the king at Aksum (a powerful kingdom in northern Ethiopia) and were allowed to evangelize. The succeeding king, Ezana, was baptized by Frumentius, and Christianity was made the state religion. Toward the end of the 5th century, nine monks from Syria are said to have brought monasticism to Ethiopia and encouraged the translation of the Scriptures into the Geʿez language."

Why are you doing this to yourself?

I am glad the first paragraph of your response includes the word “further Christianised”.

Apostle Matthew evangelised there, and as such the book of Matthew was already in circulation in Ethiopia prior to the arrival for St.Frumentius

Kindly provide proof this St. Frumentius or the Roman Catholic Church authored the Ethiopian Bible.

I’m patiently waiting.

I repeat, the Ethiopian Bible which is the oldest and most complete in the world is free from Roman Catholic influence.

Prove to everyone here the Ethiopian Bible was tampered with by the Roman Catholic Church.

Patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Kindly provide proof this St. Frumentius authored the Ethiopian Bible.

I’m patiently waiting.

I repeat, the Ethiopian Bible which is the oldest and most complete in the world is free from Roman Catholic influence.

Prove to everyone here the Ethiopian Bible was tampered with by the Roman Catholic Church.

Patiently waiting.

Then read this again
Ethiopia was further Christianized in the 4th century ce by two men (likely brothers) from Tyre—St. Frumentius, later consecrated the first Ethiopian bishop, and Aedesius.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

The read this again
Ethiopia was further Christianizedin the 4th century ce by two men (likely brothers) from Tyre—St. Frumentius, later consecrated the first Ethiopian bishop, and Aedesius.

Take note of the part of your response I’ve bolded and highlighted in red.
FURTHER CHRISTIANISED. Not that they brought Christianity there in the first instance. Basic and straightforward English which isn’t rocket science.

This further invalidates your position. The scriptures were already in circulation in Egypt and Ethiopia prior to the arrival of whosoever from the Roman Catholic Church.

Read your own response and think through it before you reply.

Why do you keep shooting your self in the foot? cheesy

Ask yourself who brought Christianity to Ethiopia in the first instance? (Key suspects, the Ethiopian Eunuch converted by Apostle Phillip and also the missionary work of Apostle Matthew) This was long before any bloody Roman Catholic Church was formed.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mindhacker, we are still waiting patiently for your evidence that the Roman Catholic Church authored the scriptures which were in circulation in Egypt and Ethiopia within the first century AD (long before the Roman Catholic Church was formed) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:
Mindhacker, we are still waiting patiently for your evidence that the Roman Catholic Church authored the scriptures which were in circulation in Egypt and Ethiopia within the first century AD (long before the Roman Catholic Church was formed) cheesy

The New Testament of the Bible came from the Roman Catholic Church
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

The New Testament of the Bible came from the Roman Catholic Church

How did Christianity get to Ethiopia before the formation of the Roman Catholic Church?

And where was the scriptures used to propagate Christianity there generated from? Planet Mars? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

How did Christianity get to Ethiopia before the formation of the Roman Catholic Church?

And where was the scriptures used to propagate Christianity there generated from? Planet Mars? undecided

No documentary evidence to show that Christianity  was already in Ethiopia before Saint Frumentius a Catholic , went there in the 4th century to further Christianize them. If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized by the Catholic Church?

Judaism was in Ethiopia since the time of King Solomon.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

No documentary evidence to show that Christianity  was already in Ethiopia before Saint Frumentius a Catholic , went there in the 4th century to further Christianize them. If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized by the Catholic Church?

Oh my goodness. What exactly is the problem here? Are you struggling to understand there’s a difference between Judaism and Christianity?

And if there’s no evidence of Christianity in Ethiopia before the arrival for St. Frumentius…why did he arrive to FURTHER CHRISTIANISE the Ethiopians?

Guy, you’re really disappointing me with your logic. undecided

Be honest with me, is religion and history your strong point, or you still need to brush up in these areas?

NNTR MaxinDHouse, this is becoming a bloodbath. This dude better throw in the towel or risk further embarrassment.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh my goodness. What exactly is the problem here? Are you struggling to understand there’s a difference between Judaism and Christianity?

And if there’s no evidence of Christianity in Ethiopia before the arrival for St. Frumentius…why did he arrive to FURTHER CHRISTIANISE the Ethiopians?

Your deceit will not work. I will asked you again: If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized by the Catholic Church?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Your deceit will not work. I will asked you again: If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized by the Catholic Church?

The question you should be asking yourself is how Christianity got there in the first place, and if there were scriptures in circulation prior to the formation of the Catholic Church!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

The question you should be asking yourself is how Christianity got there in the first place, and if there were scriptures in circulation prior to the formation of the Catholic Church!

No you should tell us why:
If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized again by the Catholic Church?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

No you should tell us why:
If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized again by the Catholic Church?

After you provide evidence the Roman Catholic Church authored the New Testament.

You think you can you make fraudulent claims and we turn a blind eye to that?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

After you provide evidence the Roman Catholic Church authored the New Testament.

You think you can you make fraudulent claims and we turn a blind eye to that?

Your deceit will not work. I will asked you again and again: If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized again by the Catholic Church?

OkCornel:

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mindhacker9009, can you please explain why the Roman Empire right from the era of Emperor Nero to the Emperor before Constantine persecute Christians if Jesus Christ was created by the Roman Empire?

Why would the Roman Empire persecute the followers of a “Jesus Christ” you claim they created?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Your deceit will not work. I will asked you again and again: If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized again by the Catholic Church?

It’s crystal clear to everyone you’re confused.
Just ask yourself if Judaism and Christianity is the same thing, and how Christianity got to Ethiopia before the Roman Catholic Church supposedly got there.

Until you answer these questions please keep on entertaining us with your hilarious thought process.

I thought this is only an issue with religious zealots, but now it’s confirmed stupidity does not discriminate : whether you’re religious or irreligious. This thread is proof!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:
Mindhacker9009, can you please explain why the Roman Empire right from the era of Emperor Nero to the Emperor before Constantine persecute Christians if Jesus Christ was created by the Roman Empire?

Why would the Roman Empire persecute the followers of a “Jesus Christ” you claim they created?

I have answered your question before and I can answer it again but for now:

I will asked you again and again and again: If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized again by the Catholic Church?

OkCornel:

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I have answered this before and I can answer it again but for now:

I will asked you again and again and again: If they were Christians already why do they need to be further Christianized again by the Catholic Church?

And mindhacker keeps dodging the question. What a pity.

The answer to your own question is in the very source you quoted. Further evangelical work was undertaken by St Frumentius who was a Phoenician missionary at the time. Jeez see the screenshot.

Christianity was already in Ethiopia prior to arrival. They consolidated on the work of their forerunners.

Now please show us where the Roman Catholic Church authored the New Testament,

And why the Roman Empire persecuted Christians if indeed they “created Jesus Christ”

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

And mindhacker keeps dodging the question. What a pity.

The answer to your own question is in the very source you quoted. Further evangelical work was undertaken by St Frumentius who was a Phoenician missionary at the time. Jeez see the screenshot.

Christianity was already in Ethiopia prior to arrival. They consolidated on the work of their forerunners.

Now please show us where the Catholic Church authored the New Testament,

And why the Roman Catholic Church persecuted Christians if indeed they “created Jesus Christ”

That same source states that: "Tradition holds that Ethiopia was first evangelized by St. Matthew and St. Bartholomew in the 1st century ce, and the first Ethiopian convert is thought to have been the eunuch in Jerusalem mentioned in The Acts of the Apostles (8:27–40).
"

If St.Matthew and St.Bartholomew who were the direct disciples of Jesus Christ had already Christianized Ethiopia, then why the need again for the Catholic Church go back again and Christianized them? Was the Christianization from the direct disciples Jesus Christ not more valid than that of the Catholic Church?

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

That same source states that: "Tradition holds that Ethiopia was first evangelized by St. Matthew and St. Bartholomew in the 1st century ce, and the first Ethiopian convert is thought to have been the eunuch in Jerusalem mentioned in The Acts of the Apostles (8:27–40).
"

If St.Matthew and St.Bartholomew who were the direct disciples of Jesus Christ had already Christianized Ethiopia, then why the need again for the Catholic Church go back again again and Christianized them? Was the Christianized from the direct disciples Jesus Christ not more valid them that of the Catholic Church?

Read my response to your question in case you didn’t see it. Further evangelical work to spread the gospel in places it had not reached in Ethiopia! See the screenshot. Read and think!

Judaism and Christianity is not the same thing. If it was, why would Apostle Matthew or Bartholomew bother to preach Christianity there in the first place? undecided

This isn’t rocket science… smh.

Now answer my questions.

1. Where are your evidence(s) the Roman Catholic Church authored the New Testament?

2. Why did the Roman Empire from the period of Nero’s rule up to the last Emperor before Constantine persecute and kill Christians if indeed the Roman Empire “invented Jesus Christ”?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Read my response to your question in case you didn’t see it. Further evangelical work to spread the gospel in places it had not reached in Ethiopia! See the screenshot. Read and think!

Judaism and Christianity is not the same thing. If it was, why would Apostle Matthew or Bartholomew bother to preach Christianity there in the first place? undecided

This isn’t rocket science… smh.

Now answer my questions.

1. Where are your evidence(s) the Roman Catholic Church authored the New Testament?

2. Why did the Roman Empire from the period of Nero’s rule up to the last Emperor before Constantine persecute and kill Christians if indeed the Roman Empire “invented Jesus Christ”?

Well if St.Matthew and St.Bartholomew who were the direct disciples of Jesus Christ had already Christianized Ethiopia, then there was no need again for the Catholic Church go back to further Christianized them.

1. For your first question. Watch the youtube video I have posted here, which was a research by top renowned historians who got access to official Roman empire documents.

2. For your second question, there is no proof that the early christians believed in the resurrection and the second coming.
There are also the Gnostic Gospels that were written in the second century AD: Secret Gospel of Mark, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of Judas and more but none of them talks of resurrection and the second coming.

"On the other hand, the Gnostic Gospels were written in the second century AD: “The canonical gospels were being read and quoted as carrying authority in the early and middle second century, whereas we do not even hear of the non-canonical ones until the middle or end of that century” https://www.gcu.edu/blog/theology-ministry/are-gnostic-gospels-reliable-sources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Well if St.Matthew and St.Bartholomew who were the direct disciples of Jesus Christ had already Christianized Ethiopia, then there was no need again for the Catholic Church go back to further Christianized them.

Goodness gracious. Even a country like Nigeria still has places where Christianity has not penetrated or just recently penetrated. In your funny thought process, Matthew & Bartholomew covered all the square inches in Ethiopia when they preached cheesy

MindHacker9009:

1. For your first question. Watch the youtube video I have posted here, which was a research by top renowned historians who got access to official Roman empire documents.

2. For your second question, there is no proof that the early christians believed in the resurrection and the second coming.
There are also the Gnostic Gospels that were written in the second century AD: Secret Gospel of Mark, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of Judas and more but none of them talks of resurrection and the second coming.

"On the other hand, the Gnostic Gospels were written in the second century AD: “The canonical gospels were being read and quoted as carrying authority in the early and middle second century, whereas we do not even hear of the non-canonical ones until the middle or end of that century” https://www.gcu.edu/blog/theology-ministry/are-gnostic-gospels-reliable-sources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

Hold it, I’ll judge you by your very own logic.

You mentioned Josephus’ work on Jesus Christ isn’t authentic because he didn’t live in Jesus Christ’s lifetime. All these YouTube videos and sources you’ve put here, did these “historians” live in Jesus Christ’s lifetime? If not, why is their source more authentic to you rather than Josephus?

One word - BIAS!!!

NNTR, MaxinDHouse

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Goodness gracious. Even a country like Nigeria still has places where Christianity has not penetrated or just recently penetrated. In your funny thought process, Matthew & Bartholomew covered all the square inches in Ethiopia when they preached cheesy

Nigerians are now the ones doing evangelism to other parts of Nigeria since independence in 1960 and even to other parts of the world including Europe where the New Testament came from since the 1970's . Is chritianity not about preaching the gospels to the whole world, so why would Matthew & Bartholomew the direct disciples of Jesus Christ take the gospels to Ethiopia in the first century and then the Ethopians will sit down and wait for another 300 years for a catholic priest to come and help them to penetrate into other parts of Ethiopia.

If Matthew & Bartholomew the direct disciples of Jesus Christ were the ones that brought chritianity to Nigeria with all the power Jesus Christ have given them, do you think Nigerians will wait 300 years later for a catholic priest to come and help them take it to other parts of Nigerian?

Your are a BIG JOKER!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Nigerians are now the ones doing evangelism to other parts of Nigeria since independence in 1960 and even to other parts of the world including Europe where the New Testament came from since the 1970's . Is chritianity not about preaching the gospels to the whole world, so why would Matthew & Bartholomew the direct disciples of Jesus Christ take the gospels to Ethiopia in the first century and then the Ethopians will sit down and wait for another 300 years for a catholic priest to come and help them to penetrate into other parts of Ethiopia.

If Matthew & Bartholomew the direct disciples of Jesus Christ were the ones that brought chritianity to Nigeria with all the power Jesus Christ have given them, do you think Nigerians will wait 300 years later for a catholic priest to come and help them take it to other parts of Nigerian?

Your are a BIG JOKER!

This is one of the funniest replies I’ve got.

Did you consider the impact of persecution and competition from other competing religious beliefs which made Christianity wane in influence/stagnate in growth prior to further Christianisation attempts?

Please how many missionaries from Europe came to Nigeria prior to 1960? Please tell us. Juxtapose this against “further Christianisation” of Ethiopia.

Your thought process is so comical to be honest.

Apparently, history and religion is not your strong point.

Now, stop dodging my questions.

You are the biggest Joker

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
@OkCornel: You are a VERY BIG JOKER: Go back and read my post. I never said the Catholic Church authored the New Testament.

Show proof that the christians Nero persecuted were following the type of Jesus Christ in the New Testament we have today.

MindHacker9009:
Josephus Flavius' writing on Jesus Christ is fake and was influenced by the Roman empire who captured and asked him to write a history on the Jews.

Nero blamed the christians then as a way to build a new palace for himself and he carried out other atrocities as well.
We are not sure of what the early christian believed in as they had no say in which gospels were included in the Bible as this decision was taken by the Roman emperor Constantine with the priests and bishops during the council of Nicea.

The account of what happened to Apostle Peter and Paul are stories told by legends so they are not authentic.

The Roman Catholic church was the ones that brought the Bible to the rest of the world and the King James version by King James and the others followed.

MindHacker9009:

Your are a BIG JOKER!

OkCornel:

Did you consider the impact of persecution and competition from other competing religious beliefs which made Christianity wane in influence/stagnate in growth prior to further Christianisation attempts?

Please how many missionaries from Europe came to Nigeria prior to 1960? Please tell us. Juxtapose this against “further Christianisation” of Ethiopia.

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
MindHacker9009:
@OkCornel: You are a VERY BIG JOKER: Go back and read my post. I never said the Catholic Church authored the New Testament.

Show proof that the christians Nero persecuted were following the type of Jesus Christ in the New Testament we have today.

Oooh, our nairaland’s foremost comedian has backtracked on his claims that the New Testament came from the Roman Catholic Church? If it wasn’t the Roman Catholic Church that authored the New Testament, then who did? Hmmm?

For your second question. Open your eyes and read the screenshot. Emperor Nero also executed Peter and Paul who were followers of Jesus Christ of the New Testament.

Go and study history and stop embarrassing yourself here.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
@OkCornel
Read my last post again:

You are a VERY BIG JOKER: Go back and read my post. I never said the Catholic Church authored the New Testament.

MindHacker9009:

Nero blamed the christians then as a way to build a new palace for himself and he carried out other atrocities as well.
We are not sure of what the early christian believed in as they had no say in which gospels were included in the Bible as this decision was taken by the Roman emperor Constantine with the priests and bishops during the council of Nicea.

The account of what happened to Apostle Peter and Paul are stories told by legends so they are not authentic.

The Roman Catholic church was the ones that brought the Bible to the rest of the world and the King James version by King James and the others followed.

MindHacker9009:

Your are a BIG JOKER!

OkCornel:

OkCornel:

Oooh, our nairaland’s foremost comedian has backtracked on his claims that the New Testament came from the Roman Catholic Church? If it wasn’t the Roman Catholic Church that authored the New Testament, then who did? Hmmm?

For your second question. Open your eyes and read the screenshot. Emperor Nero also executed Peter and Paul who were followers of Jesus Christ of the New Testament.

Go and study history and stop embarrassing yourself here.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
MindHacker9009:
@OkCornel
Read my last post again:

You are a VERY BIG JOKER: Go back and read my post. I never said the Catholic Church authored the New Testament.

You’re the biggest joker that ever liveth! cheesy

1. Now that you've changed your stance, kindly tell us who authored the new testament. cheesy Hint (They’re eye witnesses to the existence of Jesus Christ)
2. Read the screenshot. You've got functioning eyes. Emperor Nero executed Peter and Paul who were followers of Jesus Christ of the New Testament.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 12:55am On Jun 28, 2022
@OkCornel

You are the BIGGEST JOKER in the universe that ever liveth cheesy If not you would have asked yourself why all the prophets from Moses in the Old Testament wrote their own books from 1200 to 165 BC but the eyewitnesses to the existence of Jesus Christ did not write any book throughout the ministry of Jesus Christ and  Jesus Christ Himself too did not write any book.

Execution of Peter and Paul in Rome are stories by legends so are unreliable

Go back and read my posts below again.
MindHacker9009:
@OkCornel
Read my last post again:

MindHacker9009:

MindHacker9009:

Your are a BIG JOKER!

OkCornel:

You’re the biggest joker that ever liveth! cheesy

1. Now that you've changed your stance, kindly tell us who authored the new testament. cheesy Hint (They’re eye witnesses to the existence of Jesus Christ)
2. Read the screenshot. You've got functioning eyes. Emperor Nero executed Peter and Paul who were followers of Jesus Christ of the New Testament.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:22am On Jun 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:
@OkCornel
You are the BIGGEST JOKER in the universe that ever liveth cheesy If not you would have asked yourself why all the prophets from Moses in the Old Testament wrote their own books from 1200 to 165 BC but the eyewitnesses to the existence of Jesus Christ did not write any book throughout the ministry of Jesus Christ and  Jesus Christ Himself too did not write any book.
Execution Peter and Paul in Rome are stories by legends so are unreliable

In as much as i'm not interested in arguing over Jesus' authenticity i will always be here to answer your question that's targeted at my Master, Lord and King!

Note that the same God told Jeremiah that a time is coming when His laws (information that leads to righteous standard) will no longer be in written in tablets or scrolls but in the hearts of His faithful servants! Jeremiah 31:33-34

And Jesus himself confirmed that that time has come when true worshipers will have to worship God in SPIRIT and TRUTH! John 4:24

Well this is what it means:

Instead of Jesus Christ writing any laws or instructing his followers to write laws for his future followers each member of the Christian family will calve out the laws from what they heard in Jesus' life and ministry. Remember everything he said, did including his thoughts were written in the hearts of his disciples, that's why they only wrote what happened years later as God's Holy Spirit reminded them! John 16:12-13

So today God's people no longer carry weapons against their fellowman nor enrol in the military, of course that is not written anywhere in the scriptures neither did Jesus commanded them not to partake in military services. But since he made us to understand that we must love and pray for our enemies {Matthew 5:43-48} and we shouldn't think of settling issues with the use of weapons {Matthew 26:52} nobody needs to tell us that raising weapons against our fellowman is like putting the judgment in our own hands {Matthew 7:1-4} so it's written in our hearts through the study of Jesus' thoughts words and actions! Matthew 17:5

May you have PEACE! smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:
@OkCornel

Execution Peter and Paul in Rome are stories by legends so are unreliable

The biggest joker that ever liveth in the multiverse has shifted to another lie on the death of Peter and Paul. Watch how he’ll disgrace himself again. I’ll be back cheesy

Oya, use this evidence of persecution under Nero from one of the leading ancient historians - Tacitus to hold body… More sources to follow;

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

So Confused:what Is The Difference Between "VISION" And "PROPHECY" ? / Do As I Say Soap And Oil / The Authority Of Otem Over Yahweh And Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.