Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable (52782 Views)

BREAKING: Peter Obi's Investment Of Anambra's $12.24 M In Breweries Now $5.38m! / Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by anonimi: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
gbemishile:
Na gala and pure water u dey sell for street of Lagos.
Na the main work u fit di be that,so u no fit to see anything

True that I be mairuwa selling water since Thiefnuibu made off like a bandit with the money to provide water in every building.
Shebi you dey see me supplying water to your building since the Jagbajantis rogue has stolen money to employ you in a government job.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by jrusky(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
Nigerians are just looking for someone because of the hardship this current administration brought us. but Peter Obi has nothing to show,shout,abuse,tag and say anything u like. Peter Obi is not better than the others still a failure as the rest.. continue shouting OBIEDIENT,remember election is not done on social media. The party that doesnot even have a campaign office... mark my word Obi will never be the president in 2023.. wailers 1-2-3

Point of correction bro Obi will never be the resident even in 2031, 2039 sef.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by tolue42(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
stanluiz:
Liars!!! Shows the econet Tinubu invested ? Where is the power ?

Econet that leaves Nigeria because of Corruption.

When Tinubu came onboard, Lagos IGR was 600,000Million naira, to cut the long story short, Lagos was making 20Bn monthly...From 1999-2021 Lagos IGR has been increased by 7400% monthly. That's huge!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by hollandis(f): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
I hate misers and stingy people
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by jonuel1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
plaindealer:
..but Obi Pandora laughed all the way to secrete foreign Pandora account with almost triple that amount, $15 millions.

The man is not only a thief, he's a poor and incompetent money manager.

Poor people of Anambra got swindled in broad daylight...

Sad..

Try harder because you have failed and will continue to fail in all your attempt
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by colonelwealth(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
EtinosaDLaw:

Stop trying to create imaginary beef between Igbos and Yorubas. Dead this stupid narratives, we shouldn't let rubbish like this dictate our future and who to move us forward. Over the years that we have been making tribalistic decisions, how has it affected us?? You claim nobody insults the igbos, so who calls them the unprintable names I see here on a daily? Flat haed? Ipob pigs, baby factory? and the likes? That's not even the point but I just had to point out that in this game of immorality, everyone is complicit. Peter Obi has supporters from all sides of the divide, everyone yerns for good governance and when given the option to choose between two of the most corrupt individuals in this country and a technocrat who's only crime is being frugal with cash, no one in their right senses will say "oh, I won't vote for him because he's igbo, I would rather mortgage the next years of my life rather than vote for someone who is ready to get Nigeria on the global map again.

TO ALL PETER OBI SUPPORTERS NATIONWIDE:

I say this to you, DO NOT RELENT OR REST ON YOUR OARS. The fact that both PDP and APC have combined to attack you is a sign that you're doing something right. Don't let anyone convince you that a leader should be elected on basis of tribe or turn. Despite that Obi is from a region that has been shortchanged in terms of national inclusion, you will never see him campaigning with the fact that it's the turn of the igbos. His campaign has stayed issue-based and solutions oriented. If Obi can compose himself, I see no reason why you shouldn't do the same. It will not be easy, but we will be victorious at the end. The Voice Of The People Is The Voice Of God.

God bless you!
What a response.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by SuitAndTie(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
BMC must earn their peanut.

What was the exchange rate when this investment was made and what is it today?

And who brought us to this point where a Dollar goes for over six hundred Naira ?

These guys will fight dirty to keep the country in the gutters. Their pay masters must be in business. The peanuts must flow.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Golan007: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Poor investment.

Obi no sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by jonuel1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
beerfraud:
We have said it countless times that Peter Peter Obi is a thief

Try harder because you and your lot have and will keep failing
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by toujurs: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
after4:
At least he is a manager, show me you tilumbu own

an account officer at oando filling station grin grin, now owns lagos state. He sold the land where eti osa local govt was initially, to microsoft. And relocated it to obalende.

A thief is a thief angry.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by shortIGBOman: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
Nigerians are just looking for someone because of the hardship this current administration brought us. but Peter Obi has nothing to show,shout,abuse,tag and say anything u like. Peter Obi is not better than the others still a failure as the rest.. continue shouting OBIEDIENT,remember election is not done on social media. The party that doesnot even have a campaign office... mark my word Obi will never be the president in 2023.. wailers 1-2-3

Help me tell all those Peter ObiTUARY's Cousin's grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
tolue42:
Lol bad investment..... Lack of foresight I must say...cash out is allow after few years, just exactly what Tinubu did in Lagos , Invested 4bn Lagos money , made 15Bn profit through Econet share.
You're not a good student of economics. That's all I can say. This comment is unbecoming
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Golan007: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Peter Obi is on every one's lips morning , afternoon and night

We like the audience

Peter Obi Tsunami is sweeping everywhere and we are happy

So bad you had to superimpose Obi's head on Tinubu's body.

Everything about you guys is fake.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
gbemishile:

Na gala and pure water u dey sell for street of Lagos.
Na the main work u fit di be that,so u no fit to see anything
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
Rule 2
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Emmy3:
At least he invested for the future and didn't throw his state into debt.
Shares values can plumate anytime especially post pandemic. Tesla share worth $1,100 earlier this year is now worth $750 even without any major setback.
Sincerely, if these are the only things that can be tagged to Obi, then I've made the right decision supporting him.

Obi was also same man that was impeached for saving.
Edit:
First valued at N155 per USD at time of investment;
Now valued at N490 per USD currently.
This is a very clear failure of the current administration.

Don't mind them. This is corruption fighting back but do not worry. In this war, good will defeat corruption.

Peter Obi for President.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Emmanuel909090: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Really
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Youngzedd:

APC and PDP bots don't think.

Peter Obi’s administration invested the sum of N1,955,535,247.00 in 2012

“Based on the NGX closing price of N5.50 as of 20/6/22, these shares were valued at N2,240,266,952 on that date,”

We operate Naira economy and based on that, it's still on profit.

lmao @ abia village economist...losing is always a good thing a a blessing in your world

These abia people no go kill pesin with lafta I swear... grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by olas24u(f): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Fahdiga:
This authentic news is from Ogbomosho propaganda machine the Cable but Afonjas will still be doubting it and calling the people's choice Peter Obi a fraud. Afonjas never ceases to amaze us

You are making history,enjoy it while last,it will read by young people tommorow.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by gwafaeziokwu: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin

Now I have confirmed that most Nigerians from the wasteland are really dumb.

The article stated clearly that the value of the shares has increased but Buhari's exchange rate which have seen investors losing big time in the Nigeria business climate happened to the real value in dollar terms.

Instead of people being mad that this has exposed why foreign investors are running away at the moment, urchins are jubilating over their stupidity.

The tragedy is that most of them don't reside in Nigeria, so it doesn't concern them. They just want the bragging right of seeing their tribesmen in power.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by edungene7: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Looking for every opportunity to devalue PO at all cost OP if nt that u lack common sense how those 12million dollars investment which is now reduced to 5million owing to the clueless APC government that has destroyed our economy PO's fault Tinubu who bought the whole of Lekki to Epe axis for himself is who u are working for you are an enemy of this country but u guys should wait till election campaign Una never hear anything I wonder Hw a bastard will rule men with fathers i no mention name ooo
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
How did dey want the shares and that of other people's share to grow when what matters them is to ground economic activities going on in South East because of a man held by DSS? If Nnamdi Kanu did not command ds boys to pick up arms business activities will be booming today and more investment would have come to Anambra State but now companies in the East are facing multiple challenges courtesy of IPOB
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Gozac: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Moh247:

How can he lie that his $12m Investment now worth $100m while it's actually worth $5m and his clowns were spreading the video without verification
You are no longer campaigning for Tinubu again?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by tolue42(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You're not a good student of economics. That's all I can say. This comment is unbecoming

Weldon home economics student
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Chidex50(m): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
You're a balantant lier. HE MR PETER OBI is our incoming President FGN. Suffer no dey taya you? Your People have been ruling and taking this country 100 years backward for years and You're still comfortable with it. Don't worry, the tsunami that's coming will envelope you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
biggie73:
...the gullible folks won't listen to you.
Or did you mean only the gullible ones would listen to him? Cos I see nothing coherent in his comment. It's directly opposite of the goings-on in our political spheres today.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Dikebuka: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m

Let's disgrace falsehood.

If naira was N150 = $1 as of then
$12.24M= 150 X 12.24M.

Now naira is almost N700 = $1
$5.38M = 700 X 5.38

In terms of naira, there was increase but when converted to dollar we know what happens.

The question is simple

Which party tanked the naira up to N700 per Dollar. APC

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
tolue42:
Lol bad investment..... Lack of foresight I must say...cash out is allow after few years, just exactly what Tinubu did in Lagos , Invested 4bn Lagos money , made 15Bn profit through Econet share.
Lol this one is calculating naira for Tinubu and dollars for Obi Lol

Obi invested N1.95Bn. That investment today is worth N2.2Bn despite years of dividends accrued to Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Truth234(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Seun:
I knew that people would soon start fact-checking Peter Obi. The govt has no business investing in private companies. This is a trick that could be used for corruption. A company that Peter Obi invested public funds into could reward him personally with money for investing in them.

You are actually right. It helps bolster the attractiveness of the company to investors and stakeholders in general. That investment could actually be a deal!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Dangote before buhari became president is 15 billion dollar rich
Dangote after 7years of buhari presidency less than 5 billion rich... what did he do with 10 billion in less than 7 yrs

Make unah keep fooling unah selves 8n Obident we stand tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Youngzedd(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
plaindealer:

lmao @ abia village economist...losing is always a good thing a a blessing in your world

These abia people no go kill pesin with lafta I swear... grin

Who's fault is it that Naira lost value?

Your brain is an app, start using it.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Eriokanmi: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
tolue42:

Weldon home economics student
O ję dibo ę fun Peter obi, malo so ibo nu. This is far beyond ethic or religious bigotry. Its about Nigeria. Ire oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS / Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Armed Thugs In ‘Government Vehicles’ Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Abuja - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.