Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,153 members, 7,829,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable (52889 Views)

BREAKING: Peter Obi's Investment Of Anambra's $12.24 M In Breweries Now $5.38m! / Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Okoroawusa: 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
mbahdi:
If God be God.e no suppose better for anybody still supporting apc
Your God is a powerless God then?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by frowland(m): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
Obi: invested in hopes of bettering state financial standing. Took significant loss

Tinubu: Receives Lagos Tax revenue, uses it for personal politics

Atiku: Primary sponsor of Miyetti Allah

What da..? shocked
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by stanluiz(m): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
walefresh3:

U are not clever at all... Did TINUBU governed osun state...

TINUBU the jagaban of nigeria .. only governed Lagos and we experienced tremendous development within that periods ...
Dis is the state tinubu governed...
Let him replicate the development in osun state.

Tinubu does develop Lagos. Lagos has been develop when Tinubu was in primary school.

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Moh247: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gozac:

You are no longer campaigning for Tinubu again?

Sure i am
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by GloriousGbola: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Seun:
I knew that people would soon start fact-checking Peter Obi. The govt has no business investing in private companies. This is a trick that could be used for corruption. A company that Peter Obi invested public funds into could reward him personally with money for investing in them.

doesn't matter, unfortunately. the same we will take nepa bill as buhari's certificate sentiment is afoot here.

peter obi's supporters will deny and ignore everything with their full chest
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by sweetgala(m): 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pandora Peter. I'm not surprised
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Exchange rate and devaluation factor

Nothing to shout about

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by treatise: 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by CarDataNG: 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
SATANICALLY:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/

In all fairness to the investor, the loss of value was due to the devaluation of the Naira and not the choice of investment.

All major companies in Nigeria suffered similar fate over the period in review.

Every Nigerian business has been affected by the devaluation, one way or another.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by VULCAN(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
The deceit hidden deep within this write up can only be identified by the discerning.

Peter Obi made an investment in dollars, the article converted same to Naira at N150 knowing that the current value of the Naira under the demonic APC has fallen to N600.

So this automatically divides the value of the current investment by 4!!

Chaii!

Why did they not maintain the value of the investment in the dollars it was initially made in?

Can you imagine the evil in this people?

Fear Yoruba Propaganda machine.

They all painted a picture of a wonderful Buhari

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by redcliff: 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
after4:
These are paid dogs and we know

This is how far they can go just to control the narrative, unfortunately they cant

Lol. Ordinary 400k dollars na him people use shortage their future
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by agabaI23(m): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
Nigerians are just looking for someone because of the hardship this current administration brought us. but Peter Obi has nothing to show,shout,abuse,tag and say anything u like. Peter Obi is not better than the others still a failure as the rest.. continue shouting OBIEDIENT,remember election is not done on social media. The party that doesnot even have a campaign office... mark my word Obi will never be the president in 2023.. wailers 1-2-3
Who do you want and why?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by sidonlook: 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
Nigerians are just looking for someone because of the hardship this current administration brought us. but Peter Obi has nothing to show,shout,abuse,tag and say anything u like. Peter Obi is not better than the others still a failure as the rest.. continue shouting OBIEDIENT,remember election is not done on social media. The party that doesnot even have a campaign office... mark my word Obi will never be the president in 2023.. wailers 1-2-3

Do not say OBI will never be president. He may not win this election but if he remains in Labour Party and prepare for 2027 , he most likely wins.

OBI is not GOD.

HE INVESTED THE MONEY ON BEHALF OF ANAMBRA STATE .

HE DID NOT CONVERT IT TO HIS PERSONAL WEALTH LIKE HOW TINUBU MILK LAGOS.

We like OBI because he is prudent and a Saint when compared with other past governors .

OBI is not a thief of public money.

Whether the investment drops in value or not it is commendable.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Perfectbeing(m): 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
BigDawsNet:
What’s it called when you keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Voting
We have been voting for the lesser ever since and everything keeps getting worse and worse. This time we should vote for the greater evil and see how things goes.
Atiku and Tinubu are the greater evil and I'll vote for either of them.

We can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and keep expecting different results
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by redcliff: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Charlesdonald:
Nairaland and its crew has decided that no good story about Peter obi will make front page. Once is a news to dent his image, fiam! E don enter front page

Seun and his mods are in on it. Seun is a tribal bigot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by gbemishile: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
anonimi:

True that I be mairuwa selling water since Thiefnuibu made off like a bandit with the money to provide water in every building.
Shebi you dey see me supplying water to your building since the Jagbajantis rogue has stolen money to employ you in a government job.
Na this work u dey do?
Well na work wey u fit do,hand over to ur pikin.
Atleast e better pass make u dey tie wrapper dey chew stick for ur improverished state
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Duru009(m): 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
This Afonja propaganda won't work ooo. Peter Obi is ALREADY a movement in NIGERIA....
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
nony43:

Invested 20m and its worth 100m make una try to de read news no de rush to comment.

In a statement made available to TheCable on Tuesday, Ifeatu Onejeme, Anambra’s commissioner of finance, confirmed that Peter Obi’s administration invested the sum of N1,955,535,247.00 (an equivalent of approximately $12,616,356.43 at the then average CBN exchange rate of N155.00/$1) in Intafact Beverages Limited, a green-field brewery set up in Onitsha by SABMiller Breweries of South Africa in 2012.

Onejeme added that the state government still holds 407,321,264 ordinary shares of International Breweries Plc in exchange for the Intafact Beverages Limited investment.

June 20, 2022, this investment was valued at an equivalent of approximately US$5,388,495.37 (and at N604/$1.00 parallel market rate, only US$3,709,051.24).”

Den no teach you reading and comprehension or even basic arithmetic for your village square school?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
tolue42:

Princeoflagos it's been a long time. How are you doing naaa... Since Tinubu won the primaries we don't see you again..you need to edit this name back, pachuwudi44 don't fit you.
Oga chukwudi44 has been on nairaland before you even started using a smartphone.If you are a newbie here ask the veterans to educate you
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
toujurs:
Your master tinubu, that a bullion van was seen in his house, has efcc investigated him ..
Yes perhaps you were too young then when he was investigated and cleared. Even ordinary traders still use bullion vans to move funds but your hate for Tinubu and ignorance on this kind of things won't enable you to comprehend it.
EFCC should investigate this case like they did with Asiwaju Tinubu. I am not really bothered at all if Anambra state govt lack the courage and will to do the needful like Wike is doing for Amaechi but since it is in public domain that Peter Obi is a related party to IB, he should be investigated to know if he abused his office in this transaction.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Neoteny7: 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:

Amen
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by VULCAN(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
David Hundeyin said you have taken money from Tinubu's camp.

He is the best investigative journalist in Nigeria

That's why I'm not surprised you are here.

You must have received a large alert for the war against Peter Obi

You sold your soul to APC while millions of young people like you have slid into poverty.

Your lucky you have a platform that they used to demarket Jonathan and Atiku while singing Buhari and now Tinubu's praises.

More than 500 monikers running all over here attacking everybody since 2013 who did not and does not support APC.

You will be put to shame next year.

APC will not win.

Failure should not be rewarded with a Throne

Seun:
I knew that people would soon start fact-checking Peter Obi. The govt has no business investing in private companies. This is a trick that could be used for corruption. A company that Peter Obi invested public funds into could reward him personally with money for investing in them.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Eddygourdo(m): 9:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
one of the ills of social media. It gave voice to fools like you, who ordinarily shouldn't be heard.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Onuoha1234(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Peter Obi invested Anambra money.. Thank.God.for that[.Tell us who crashed the Naira. How much did Dangote lose on the Stock Exchange? The Media is the greatest corrupted contraption Iin Nigeria.Why is everyone now talking about Okute the Rock! Something is moving in the Cosmos.!
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
So now he really invested grin cheesy money before thought you guys said he never did now the 12million na 5million grin cheesy grin APC and PDP go shit for shot while trying to under-market peter obi undecided grin cheesy i am seriously radical obedient Mr,go and verify shocked

What are you depicting at this point. Anambra state lost $7,000,000 and you still had effrontery to type crap!

I put it straight to you! Obi did not invest $7,000,000 into Anambra his 8 years as Governor. If he did, show me the project!

Let me tell you the truth that might hurt. THOSE INVESTMENTS WERE LOOTING PIPELINES
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by GreenCovering: 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Veggieseedies:
Hero used to be #120, didn't receive much attention. Hero is now #350 and a fast and bestseller

That's one useful stat there.
So how will Obi explain 290% rise in product value, accepted that the economy shrunk by 260%, to his investment shrinking by 240%?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by redcliff: 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
The users if this forum are foolish, daft and illiterates. I cannot believe that people cannot read to understand before commenting. Even if the investment dropped by 3/4, was the move not a right one in the right direction in the first place? Why will a right thinking person criticize someones shares investments, market must go up and down and it will only be a loss when you sell your investment. As of now, that investment is still there and its an asset either you like it or not. Show us the one your fav govs have done for the betterment of your states. Imagine people saying a certain governor built lagos and i am just laughing like, do these people live in lagos, were they even in Lagos when Tinubu was governor? Real development in Lagos started from Fashola. Tinubu did not do 1/4 of what Fashola did for lagos state. Take that to the bank!!!
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by pquaver(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
JavaScript90:
Nigeria cluless leadership should be blamed for this. Na obi fault say over 2bn naira is now worth less than $5m ?

Someone invested 1.9bn and the money is worth 2.2bn today but the exchange rate just messed it up

Is it not in same Nigeria Tinubu invested about 4billion in econet and got over 100 billions.. Why always excuses? Take responsibility for one's. Kai
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by chloride6: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bad analysis. What about dividends?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
OgunLaakaye:

What are you depicting at this point. Anambra state lost $7,000,000 and you still had effrontery to type crap!

I put it straight to you! Obi did not invest $7,000,000 into Anambra his 8 years as Governor. If he did, show me the project!

Let me tell you the truth that might hurt. THOSE INVESTMENTS WERE LOOTING PIPELINES
cheesy grin BEFORE NOW MR PETER OBI OF NIGERIA NEVER INVESTED ANY MONEY HIS LYING LATER HE ONLY INVESTED ONLY A PENNY NOW ITS 12MILLION DOLLARS JUST TODAY THE ARE SAYING HIS 12MILLION DOLLARS IS WORTH JUST 5MILLIONS DOLLARS cheesy grin THE SAME PEOPLE THE SAME PARTY THE THIEFS DIFFERENT MOUTH LIES TRYING TO DE- MARKET OGA PETER OBI NAWA OH!! THANKS TO YOUTHS WE ALREADY KNOW THEM BY THERE ACTION

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / Reno Omokri: Blame Davido For $26 Billion NNPC Corruption Scam / First Storey Building In The Old Eastern Nigeria 96yrs After: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.