Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable (52931 Views)

BREAKING: Peter Obi's Investment Of Anambra's $12.24 M In Breweries Now $5.38m! / Rebuttal:peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by tolue42(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Interesting2023:

You are not smart at all. Even Dagote dey bear am with the bad economic policies of the evil gov't. Do u know how many investment that have left Nigeria just in a period of 7 years, not to talk of SME's that have died at an early stage just bcoz of how hard it is for investment to survive in this horrible economy.

It's advisable u guys use your 36 before uttering nonsense bcoz people wey dey do business dey vex gan and if u dey beside me, i for don slap u to do reset for u

If you no be mumu, do we have continuity governance in Nigeria? Every new government with their new policies...there are short term and long-term investment...give Obi government money now if he won't only invest in short term model..una too dey emotional from that part of the country..
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by ChonchaLib: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
But the investment is worth more. It is a naira based investment in Nigeria.

This article is actually calling out Buhari's govt if anything. The grossly inadequate monetary policy and exchange rate stance of his govt.

I'm not for Obi, however this writeup is actually good for him. Check the rate on 5/10 year bonds to measure the merit of the investment.

That investment isn't subject to currency translation risk. Never to be expatriated to foreign accounts. So what is the point ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
jaxxy:

How much has tinubu drained from lagos treasury? from 1999 till date pls.

I don't know, please educate me, including all Tinubu's money inside tax-dodging secret foreign Pandora accounts like crooked and corrupt Obi Pandora..

Thanks in advance.. grin grin
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by VaginaMiners: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
stanluiz:
APC BMc how much did you have ? How much money has Tinubu give you from his bullion van parked in his compound ?

Shebi Tinubu wife complain that Yoruba youth are lazy, that they use to come to his husband house to beg for money. Don't worry , when he becomes president, Na DSS and Army she go pursue una from his compound if you come to beg for money.

Wretched souls. Beggars.

Osu onitsha headbridge tout. You are doing nwa boy at 45 years of age and you are not shameful.

How much has the Pandora ObiTUARY given you from the Anambra loot he stashed away in different tax safe havens ?
Don't you think you should re evaluate your life ??

Useless mpummuri addicted , economic vagrants grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by tonididdy(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Me nor get candidate yet but this Peter OBi looks like damn familiar birds .....

How did obi make $12m ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
stanluiz:
Don't be stupid! Naira depreciation against dollar caused it.

When he invested in the company. 1$ was 150 naira but now 1$ is now 630 naira. Can't you see the poor exchange rate cause it.

Don't be stupid and ignorant, the huge loss came from yearly capital and profit loss.

You and Oga Pandora no sabi anything about money management.

When you leave your money inside one single investment that you know is losing money year after year and you did not do the right thing by diversifying or looking into better and safer investment portfolios, you end up losing everything.

Obi Pandora is a foolish money manager, well, maybe the crook just doesn't care as long as his own $15 Million is safe and sound inside his Pandora account.

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Favangela(f): 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
rexchazy:
Use your real account if you re real and genuine
sir am very genuine.i use to be a guest before I create my first account last week but it was banned, that's why I created this one again.am real sir before GOD in heaven if you insist I will dm you my phone number sir.am pleding in the name of GOD
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by andray12(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hisbah21:
Nigerians are just looking for someone because of the hardship this current administration brought us. but Peter Obi has nothing to show,shout,abuse,tag and say anything u like. Peter Obi is not better than the others still a failure as the rest.. continue shouting OBIEDIENT,remember election is not done on social media. The party that doesnot even have a campaign office... mark my word Obi will never be the president in 2023.. wailers 1-2-3

Well said.I laff when i hear Nigerians shouting Peter Obi, he will do worst let alone the previous president...... politics in naija is all about cashing out nobody cares about the masses!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by marsman: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gozac:

Lagos is owned by all Nigerians for your information
It is a Yoruba state in the south west. Anybody not Yoruba is an alien. Your state is in Abuja.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by BlazinGlory40: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
GreenCovering:
This man has become a hard sell already.

He should start looking for another format besides being an economy guru to package himself.

Says someone who supported buhari that has left the economy in shambles. What have you said about it?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Miracle2020: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
JavaScript90:
Nigeria cluless leadership should be blamed for this. Na obi fault say over 2bn naira is now worth less than $5m ?

Someone invested 1.9bn and the money is worth 2.2bn today but the exchange rate just messed it up
do you know what you are saying? You invested 20 million dollars but now you have 5 million dollars even as dollars gain more and you want us to blame the government? There are some companies that got almost 100% growth under this administration,why is Peter Obi supporters don't want to take responsibility.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
plaindealer:
..but Obi Pandora laughed all the way to secrete foreign Pandora account with almost triple that amount, $15 millions.

The man is not only a thief, he's a poor and incompetent money manager.

Poor people of Anambra got swindled in broad daylight...

Sad..
Before you start pointing accusing fingers
$12.24 million at 2014's official exchange rate is ₦1.897 billion. $5.38 million at 2022's official exchange rate is ₦2.233 billion.

SAB Miller generates its revenue in naira, so it has actually been profitable. The problem is the naira has lost 33% of its value.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Miracle2020:
do you know what you are saying? You invested 20 million dollars but now you have 5 million dollars even as dollars gain more and you want us to blame the government? There are some companies that got almost 100% growth under this administration,why is Peter Obi supporters don't want to take responsibility.

$12.24 million at 2014's official exchange rate is ₦1.897 billion. $5.38 million at 2022's official exchange rate is ₦2.233 billion.

SAB Miller generates its revenue in naira, so it has actually been profitable. The problem is the naira has lost 33% of its value.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
andray12:

Well said.I laff when i hear Nigerians shouting Peter Obi, he will do worst let alone the previous president...... politics in naija is all about cashing out nobody cares about the masses!

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by marsman: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Miracle2020:
Obi supporters are the dumbest, he invested the money in dollars which means if truly it was the exchange rate that affected it. It should increase not decrease.

They can't accept their Leader made a bad decision.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by benheaven(m): 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=after4 post=114026197]This one pain you because beer dey involved bah, hypocrite swear sey you no dey pour gulder or beer for inside buta when you wan do alwala

HISBAH BE WISE AND STOP THIS YOUR SENTIMENT.ATIKU OR TINUBU WILL LEAD NIGERIANS TO THE GRAVE. ARE YOU NOT SEEING IT?
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
VaginaMiners:

Osu onitsha headbridge tout. You are doing nwa boy at 45 years of age and you are not shameful.

How much has the Pandora ObiTUARY given you from the Anambra loot he stashed away in different tax safe havens ?
Don't you think you should re evaluate your life ??

Useless mpummuri addicted , economic vagrants grin cheesy

Start getting fact right before u start demonizing someone

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
Fahdiga:
This authentic news is from Ogbomosho propaganda machine the Cable but Afonjas will still be doubting it and calling the people's choice Peter Obi a fraud. Afonjas never ceases to amaze us

He actually made profit..

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
tolue42:
Lol bad investment..... Lack of foresight I must say...cash out is allow after few years, just exactly what Tinubu did in Lagos , Invested 4bn Lagos money , made 15Bn profit through Econet share.

It wasn't a bad investment.. looking at the price of dollar when he invested and the price of dollar now u will see he mad almost two time of his investment...

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by marsman: 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Paullo19:

The investment lost more than 50% value. If naira did not loose value, the share which now cost $5.38million cannot be up to #1.897billion that was initially invested, it would be lesser.

Naira losing value is what is giving you #2.233 billion. Be grateful to naira, you now have an increase even though there was no profit but a huge loss
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
So now he really invested grin cheesy money before thought you guys said he never did now the 12million na 5million grin cheesy grin APC and PDP go shit for shot while trying to under-market peter obi undecided grin cheesy i am seriously radical obedient Mr,go and verify shocked
What am liking about all this is that they are actually selling this guy for us...when he made that investment, the price of dollar was very low compared to now that dollar is almost 600...

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Paullo19:

Before you start pointing accusing fingers

First, wrap your head around this and re-post your flawed and crippled post.

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:

The investment lost more than 50% value. If naira did not loose value, the share which now cost $5.38million cannot be up to #1.897billion that was initially invested, it would be lesser.

Naira losing value is what is giving you #2.233 billion. Be grateful to naira, you now have an increase even though there was no profit but a huge loss
How can u call that a loss..u invested 1.8billion and u made 2.3billion and u are seeing it as huge loss...oga make una still leave this guy called obi...what i know is there was no loss made.so weda u like it or not he did something profitable for his state...in ur state, how much have ur governor invested?? U guys are just helping people in selling out obi and making home more popular..and it's actually a plus for him...keep it up
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by AlwaysPositive: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
So bad some people cannot do simple arithmetic.
The subject investment was done in naira, or is the falling exchange rate now Peter Obi's fault

Do your calculations very well, there is actually a 14.5% gain on that investment.

All this road side touts self.......

SATANICALLY:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Paullo19:

What am liking about all this is that they are actually selling this guy for us...when he made that investment, the price of dollar was very low compared to now that dollar is almost 600...

Dude, it doesn't matter what currency you trade in if your market is not selling or people are not buying your products.

Currency doesn't go to the beer parlor to drink beer, customers do and when customers are not interested in your products, you sell less, hence less money intake, fewer sales, less profit, that's what killed this investment, not your baseless and flawed currency rubbish.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
plaindealer:

First, wrap your head around this and re-post your flawed and crippled post.

What gives me joy is that all this things u guys are bringing up u don't even have facts backing them up..u just go bring out things ND post ND keep promoting Obi... Ur so called Atiku and tinubu u are trying to sell out have u bothered checking their corrupt cases...there are dozens and dozens of them...but because of u are blinded by the little change u get from Those guys, u block ur mind from the Truth...i only pity our children and our feature... because with ill minded people like u who care about the #1 you will be given today, u end up destroying the feature of those little kids...try and read about Atiku and tinubu before u come here do talk less about Obi..
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by walefresh3(m): 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
stanluiz:
Let him replicate the development in osun state.

Tinubu does develop Lagos. Lagos has been develop when Tinubu was in primary school.

And can you compare that pictures with d new one ? Dis is new Lagos...

In 1998 before tinubu no banana island estate
No refinery,
No state international airport under construction
No bus rapid transit ( brt )
No light train
No lekki see port under construction
No badagry sea port under construction
No crude oil
No lekki trade Fair
No lekki industrial park
No alaro City
No lekki bridge
No falomo ferry terminals
No world class bus terminals
No lawma
No lastma
No lasers
No eko Atlantic City
No expansion of lekki - epe road
No expansion of badagry express way
No expansion of airport road
With beautification 9f ikorodu road and many more ...

Compare the pics and contrast below

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by GodisFirst: 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Satanically written nonsense to paint Peter Obi black. It can't work. Go look for another one.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Paullo19: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
plaindealer:

Dude, it doesn't matter what currency you trade in if your market is not selling or people are not buying your products.

Currency doesn't go to the beer parlor to drink beer, customers do and when customers are not interested in your products, you sell less, hence less money intake, fewer sales, less profit, that's what killed this investment, not your baseless and flawed currency rubbish.

I dont understand, it matters, because if the dollar rate is to be what it is use to, the he should have made a huge profit... The same set of people u are clamoring for are those crumbling the economy...one person will stock up dollars in a country where u use naira just to bring them out on election day...well those destroy this nation will get there rewards soon...i only pity some of us who are blinded by the time they are given and are ready to spend years suffering...i pity the new born babies because some of their parents know the truth but are ready do sell their destiny for #5000.. u guys should carry out research more on this three candidate..don't just come here ND start criticizing Obi... Atiku and tinubu are more thieves that only want to steal even more...go make ur research..thank you
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by plaindealer: 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Paullo19:

What gives me joy is that all this things u guys are bringing up u don't even have facts backing them up..u just go bring out things ND post ND keep promoting Obi... Ur so called Atiku and tinubu u are trying to sell out have u bothered checking their corrupt cases...there are dozens and dozens of them...but because of u are blinded by the little change u get from Those guys, u block ur mind from the Truth...i only pity our children and our feature... because with ill minded people like u who care about the #1 you will be given today, u end up destroying the feature of those little kids...try and read about Atiku and tinubu before u come here do talk less about Obi..

Even though the topic and thread were based on credible facts, including official facts and claims by the Anambra state government as stated in the article, you still cluelessly managed to say we don't have facts.

Sometimes I just wonder about you and your kind, either you have zero reading and comprehension skills, ignorant, or just mentally and crookedly deceptive.
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by oneeast: 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
plaindealer:

Even though the topic and thread were based on credible facts, including official facts and claims by the Anambra state government as stated in the article, you still cluelessly managed to say we don't have facts.

Sometimes I just wonder about you and your kind, either you have zero reading and comprehension skills, are ignorant, or are just mentally and crookedly deceptive.
Ekoile the osogbo villager stop spewing nonsense
Re: Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable by Basher8583: 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
EtinosaDLaw:

Stop trying to create imaginary beef between Igbos and Yorubas. Dead this stupid narratives, we shouldn't let rubbish like this dictate our future and who to move us forward. Over the years that we have been making tribalistic decisions, how has it affected us?? You claim nobody insults the igbos, so who calls them the unprintable names I see here on a daily? Flat haed? Ipob pigs, baby factory? and the likes? That's not even the point but I just had to point out that in this game of immorality, everyone is complicit. Peter Obi has supporters from all sides of the divide, everyone yerns for good governance and when given the option to choose between two of the most corrupt individuals in this country and a technocrat who's only crime is being frugal with cash, no one in their right senses will say "oh, I won't vote for him because he's igbo, I would rather mortgage the next years of my life rather than vote for someone who is ready to get Nigeria on the global map again.

TO ALL PETER OBI SUPPORTERS NATIONWIDE:

I say this to you, DO NOT RELENT OR REST ON YOUR OARS. The fact that both PDP and APC have combined to attack you is a sign that you're doing something right. Don't let anyone convince you that a leader should be elected on basis of tribe or turn. Despite that Obi is from a region that has been shortchanged in terms of national inclusion, you will never see him campaigning with the fact that it's the turn of the igbos. His campaign has stayed issue-based and solutions oriented. If Obi can compose himself, I see no reason why you shouldn't do the same. It will not be easy, but we will be victorious at the end. The Voice Of The People Is The Voice Of God.

Irony is when an igbo person is marketing a failed igbo product on a Yoruba man's forum.

Una no get Ipobland or biafraudland?

The failure that will hit you hen. Even Peter Obi will run out to Egypt to go and cry. How will 5% think they can campaign and win election. Na juju you wan use?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / Suswam Seeks 2 Days In Prison For Leaders / Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.