Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) (46481 Views)

₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Navalsadiq(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:
you are not a business owner if not you should have known how important it is to have an investment. Until we have an administrator who understands the need to make money for the government without depending on crude oil and taxes,we will keep searching for revenue source.

Let me tell you something about that brewery,no matter how bad Nigeria becomes, that investment will keep spinning money because we don't stop drinking alcohol. Just imagine if any state government was able to invest in MTN when they were new in this country.

Even this present government bought 20% stake in Dangote refinery even though it is yet to be completed and we don't have our own refinary as a country. So what are you talking about?
you guys will receive the shocker of your lives.you think politics is about online noise making.it will shock you all.go and get your PVC
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2022
Funkyswagzz:

Can you tell me why lagos is the centre for economic development in nigeria? Just give me a simple answer
the asnwer is because of the clear economic plan and aggressive follow up that has been made right from when democracy started couple with an enabling and peaceful environment for business to be established and grow.

For example,
1. During obasanjo regime, when. Tinubu was the governor, Lagos State government funds were withheld. But hwile your own governor Jeep on hidding money, Tinubu kept on developing Lagos, without federal government input and also lay down a clear economic and development plans for future Lagos.

2. You can testify to Yoruba peaceful coexistence with outsiders in thier own (Yoruba) land. Even in the face of provocation from desident jews calling Lagos a no man's land, we Yoruba still love you guys and take you as our sons and daughters.

This is why you can never live in you war turn relegated region today, that all your life is relied and dependent on Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:
you are not a business owner if not you should have known how important it is to have an investment. Until we have an administrator who understands the need to make money for the government without depending on crude oil and taxes,we will keep searching for revenue source.

Let me tell you something about that brewery,no matter how bad Nigeria becomes, that investment will keep spinning money because we don't stop drinking alcohol. Just imagine if any state government was able to invest in MTN when they were new in this country.

Even this present government bought 20% stake in Dangote refinery even though it is yet to be completed and we don't have our own refinary as a country. So what are you talking about?

Even if he invested it in his family's business?
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Honestfrend: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
oga who ask him to dey keep money anyhow without utilising them on tangible things. Na so him mate they do?? Lagos governors for they keep development money without using them for development una for dey run come Lagos in batches today?

And the money from bullion van fall from heaven.. undecided
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Throwback:

By why the outlandish claim that $20m is now $100m in value?

That is a straightforward lie.
What if it was a mistake? That was 4 years ago. Has he repeated that since then? You know you can easily verify directly from him because he has been holding interactive sessions and more will come. Have you also verified the investments in bonds?
have you seen this hand over note? What do you say?

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by casualobserver: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Who do you prefer? Sell your candidate to me.
I have since verified Obis claims to be true.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Bravospiff: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2022
At least he invested it with hope that it will yield much dividend for the state, what do you have to say about those that dubiously embezzled and covert state treasury to private wallet,
For your information this shenanigans is dead on arrival.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
Slynation:
Hmmm.... It's obvious Nigerians doesn't wanna emancipate themselves from the servitudes bad leadership has done to them...!! What I know is that even if we get it wrong the time around, the catastrophic effects won't see the genuine ones...!!

As a long time crypto investor, the dollar increment was even to my own benefits!! My prayer be say make the money no finish
My own just remain small but I will sit it out
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by casualobserver: 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:

What if it was a mistake? That was 4 years ago. Has he repeated that since then? You know you can easily verify directly from him because he has been holding interactive sessions and more will come. Have you also verified the investments in bonds?
have you seen this hand over note? What do you say?

Why didn’t he include the 185b in contract liabilities if he can include FG refund that hasn’t crystallized
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Image123:
Na so Obi go dey use naija money invest in beer parlor?
Oya go play odd. This thread is not for you
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Chukwumawisdom: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
oga who ask him to dey keep money anyhow without utilising them on tangible things. Na so him mate they do?? Lagos governors for they keep development money without using them for development una for dey run come Lagos in batches today?
was lagos develop by any of your governors? Lagos has been developed before you were born.stop attributing Lago development to tinubu because Lago was actually developed with nigerian resources as capital territory. Tinubu only develop National Road transport workers
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:

The investment today is a bad and Unprofitable business, the beer business is not a profitable business because unlike our beer drinking farmers and grandfathers, we don't drink beer, we drink wine, we drink vodka, Rose, Hennessy. Whiskey, and so on, this is why beer makers are losing money and market shares.

Sounds and competent investment and money managers should have sold off that investment or diversify, Anambra did not so its very likely that at the end or the day they will end up with nothing.

The company is not making money, it's losing massive amounts of money year after year so what money are you talking about when market is not selling and little or zero dividends is not going to investors like Anambra State?

I don't know why some of you brag over nothing instead of facing realities based on real profits, market trends, yields and ROI.

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
BigYash:
No be only you oh.. I see them all as the same.. Same alcohol(politician) in different container(Party)
For the sake of you, your children and your children's children, please get involved.

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
Itsrm:

He actually lost a lot of money. There's something called inflation. The 2.24b is far more useless compared to the 1.96b he invested.
At least 72% was lost. Did you read the article? Dangote lost $18B because of the dame Buhari did to our economy. No business was as immune as Dangote that is supported by the govt.

That the company did not go bankrupt is a plus. Many either left or closed shop

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Slynation(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
My own just remain small but I will sit it out
Don't worry boss...Bad regime always have a way of favouring the Good people!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:

So it didn't grow in dollar value? Your debate is disappointing. Seriously disappointed by your undiplomatic views. Such a disgrace to the spirit of entrepreneurship.

That's why this platform haven't gone beyond what it used to be. You can't even hide your biasness and sentimentalism.
Don't attack Seun, engage him.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Latakia:
Bad investment. How I wished Obi Pandora was given the opportunity to become governor in Anambra state, maybe Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi would have been like Singapore, Tokyo and Dubai today grin
You want this deceptive narrative to go on and it has been demolished
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by rigarmortis: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
grin grin angry grin though I love that your twisting figurative expression/sentence. But as it is, my parent are proud of the money they spent on my education. If not Yaminrins for they tell us blue na black

Corrections
1. Parents
2. You are or you're.

Ogbeni lo gba refund.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by profndu(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:

Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria, Lagos was like abuja of today yet you are attributing it to other states. Lagos is not even sustaining the growth of federal presence on it. Musics and movies of 70's will tell you that lagos was then a collective central nigerian city just like abuja today. So Lagos is degrading from how federal presence left it.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
I strongly believe that it is a great investment. A stride above embezzled funds. He endeavored in a volatile market and that is better than looting. It is called investment and every success story can resonate with that. Tinubu looted the national coffer in broad daylight with hundred of onlookers witnessing the history bullion vans moving the national (every single Nigerian's) money into his PRIVATE residence. The impunity. There is no theft bigger than that recorded by a non-elected civilian.
Anything away from this chain of unscrupulous grandees is welcome. The people are revolting already. They need a fresh face and something away from the corrupt system.

I see no reason why a sane human being would support Tinubu if not for either selfish or tribal reasons. A man with a throng of villainous mobs on his pay list. What can he every achieve? He believes in the same old autocratic godfatherism system. Enough! That system is hurting. The entire country is sinking already.

Time to get off that horse and try something new. This implies that the finance commissioner lied or does not understand his onion? I did not do due diligence though because I took it that the government knows exactly what is current.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
I strongly believe that it is a great investment. A stride above embezzled funds. He endeavored in a volatile market and that is better than looting. It is called investment and every success story can resonate with that. Tinubu looted the national coffer in broad daylight with hundred of onlookers witnessing the history bullion vans moving the national (every single Nigerian's) money into his PRIVATE residence. The impunity. There is no theft bigger than that recorded by a non-elected civilian.
Anything away from this chain of unscrupulous grandees is welcome. The people are revolting already. They need a fresh face and something away from the corrupt system.

I see no reason why a sane human being would support Tinubu if not for either selfish or tribal reasons. A man with a throng of villainous mobs on his pay list. What can he every achieve? He believes in the same old autocratic godfatherism system. Enough! That system is hurting. The entire country is sinking already.

Time to get off that horse and try something new.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Freethinker87: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi's supporters had claimed that his investment grew in dollar value, so that justifies debunking the claim based on the dollar value. However, there is value in continuing the debate so there's no reason why we shouldn't feature this thread also. It still doesn't look like a great investment to me though.

The claim is true. That claim was based on an interview Peter Obi had with Arise TV in 2018. It is not a recent interview. Here is the link to the interview. Please note the date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxiZBzfoyU

At the time, INTBREW was trading at N58.69 and the Naira was trading at N300 against the dollar. If you put the numbers in, Anambra's 4.7% stake in INTBREW was worth a little over $98M. Do your own research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2022
Freethinker87:

Anambra Invested N1,955,535,247.00 for a 10% stake in SABMiller in 2012. SABMiller is a subsidiary of AB Inbev. In 2017, AB Invec decided to consolidate its stake by merging SABMiller, Intafact Beverages Limited and Pabod Breweries to create a new subsidiary in Nigeria called International Breweries PLC. This merger increased the value of INTBREW greatly, however, diluted Anambra's shares to 4.7% making her the 2nd largest single investor in INTBREW. Anambra was 1st largest single investor in SABMiller.

As of this moment, the market cap of INTBREW is N151.771B.

N151.771B x 0.047 = N7.32B

I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
This implies that the finance commissioner lied or does not understand his onion? I did not do due diligence though because I took it that the government knows exactly what is current. We may have to come up with a query for the finance commissioner.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by PericomaNwankwo: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Don't attack Seun, engage him.

My engagement might seem like an attack. His engagement was an attack too.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Freethinker87: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
This implies that the finance commissioner lied or does not understand his onion? I did not do due diligence though because I took it that the government knows exactly what is current. We may have to come up with a query for the finance commissioner.

Not really, the Anambra ministry of finance does not have access to these funds as the investment is a CBO. A CBO is a corporate bond that pays annual dividends to shareholders and the full capital at maturity which will be in 2050. I don't think successive Anambra governors are interested in it since they don't have access to it. grin

I think they're not really happy about it. grin cheesy
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Freethinker87:

No, it's true. That interview was from 2018 and INTBREW shares were trading at N58.69 per share, 11X what it is worth today and Anambra's stake was valued at over $98M at N300/$ exchange rate.

It's not Obi's fault that Buharinomics destroyed the economy.
Thank you for this.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Chukwumawisdom:
was lagos develop by any of your governors? Lagos has been developed before you were born.stop attributing Lago development to tinubu because Lago was actually developed with nigerian resources as capital territory. Tinubu only develop National Road transport workers

So, development stop since 1960 or after the FG left for Abuja and no leaders and governors like Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo Olu working hard to keep the development going.

Abi Lagos is on Auto pilot since 1960.

BTW, Lagos Island was the seat of government, the rest of Lagos, the mainland from Iddo to Apapa, Ikeja,, ikprodu, Badagry were all under the western government including all the industries in Ikeja that actually developed Lagos economical, the FG did not create the industrial estates that made industrialized Lagos, Awolowo and the Western region did.

The British or the FG did not create Lekki or Eko Atlantic, they did not build the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, the best bridge in Nigeria or responsible for all the projects commissioned by Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo Olu, they did.

There are competent people with good managerial managerial skills managing Lagos, not ghosts, not the British or the FG.

If you don't know history or anything abouts Lagos State, ask.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by ogatboy(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
casualobserver:

I am not disputing that he left 75b in cash and investments. The point of contention is that he conveniently and deliberately failed to mention that there were outstanding contract liabilities worth 185 billion. That is not how you prepare a handover note which is effectively a balance sheet. Please ask any accountant. You don’t state the cash you have without stating the your liabilities even if they are not due today. You don’t prepare a balance sheet and say as at today June 22, I have no payments due, so I won’t include the money I owe ogatboy on my balance sheet because I am not due to pay him until he asks, thats false accounting. Or else every outgoing administration can just borrow huge sums from a bank, list it as cash and not reveal the repayments due on that loan because no repayment is due on that particular date.

The argument that the payments on the contracts we’re not due is a mischevious argument. Many of the bonds and cash investments have a maturity date in the future and cannot be accessed on the handover date….so why state those? Why state money you will get in 3,4,5 years but don’t state liabilities that may be due anytime a contractor presents a bill of payment? Handover notes are like a balance sheet. A snapshot of affairs at a point in time. Failing to include liabilities from contracts entered into is either a display of incompetence or manipulation aka accounting fraud.

I was just presented facts on Peter Obi’s claims on $100m. I verified and found it to be true and I had no problem in admiting I was wrong. I deal in facts. The problem with many Obi supporters is they deny facts. If you present facts I will readily shift my position as I have already displayed but as someone who works in finance, I know I am right on this.

You're holding claim to this debt. I agree it was there but what was he supposed to do?? Besides if the present governor felt he couldn't pay up, he could have cancelled because the projects were not delivered. You also forget he was left huge amount of debts and he did not complain. He made a true and verifiable statement. He was not owing any debt for any contract that had delivered certificate.

For me he's the most trustworthy POLITICIANS
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by obyrich(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
This is why Nigeria is neck deep in debt today. Same people that were clamoring for Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to share Excess crude funds have all ran to APC to criticise the wasteful years of PDP.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by olatuns2017: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Peter Obi Invested N1.96 billion and the value now is N2.24 billion (Picture)

Response to “Peter Obi's $12.24 m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38 m
https://www.nairaland.com/7189779/peter-obis-12.24m-investment-breweries#114025775

I read through the article titled “Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m” and I saw a desperate attempt to find something negative on Peter Obi’s past. The writer obviously did not think through the implication of his deceptive title. Because there is no tangible thing to use again Peter, he had to exploit the outcome of fiscal policy and economic failure of Buhari’s administration to craft a title that the BMC crew will feast on. Obviously the BMC crew do not have the mind of their own and cannot think for themselves. Otherwise they would have understood the implication of the intellectual yahoo-yahoo displayed by the author of that article.

To put the record straight, N1.96 billion was invested and N2.24B (CBN) or (N3.28B) black market is the value today. There was no loss whichever way you want to look at it. it is disingenuous to report the values in dollars while you talk about Tinubu’s forced investment in Naira. ( https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/)
In fact, you have to praise Peter for investing a company that did not go bankrupt under Buhari’s administration.

Dangote, the richest man in Africa had a net worth of $7bn as at April, 2016 as against $25bn he was worth in 2014. (https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/). That was an $18bn or 72% loss incurred under Buhari’s body language induced recession. Tinubu told us he single-handedly made Buhari Nigeria’s president. Even now, with Federal governments push such as selective opening of the land bother to allow him export his products, Dangote is yet recover. His current Net is still $14.2 billion.

Going by Dangote’s experience, we now know that the company lost at least 72% of its equity value. Because we do not know the profit made as at 2014, we shall work with the investment capital which was $12.24 million. Assuming there was no growth, losing 72% means $8.81 million was lost. So as at April, 2016, the value of the investment was $3.43 million. This company has without any government’s incentive grown the $3.43 million by $1.95 million to get $5.38 million. That is 36% growth in 6 years under Buhari’s hash economy. That tells you that Peter is an investor and wealth creator.

The writer of the article actually shot Buhari and Tinubu(Buhari’s Godfather) on the back because he just highlighted the damage Buhari has done to our economy.

Igbos and cruise

Trust you guys

I know when Tinubu is president in 2023

Una will start another propaganda

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:

Sorry, you just Dey think and reason like them buhari, dull brain . Sorry, I am so sorry for calling you that, I can’t just help it.

Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria, you drink? A place that have housed so many head of states and presidents, you drink? ‘ most of the development were done in the military you don see cms and ko pictures then, which bridge Tinubu build as governor ? Guy Lagos suppose be Europe, as the former capital and been the 5th largest economy in africa Even as a state, but e be like dustbin, dirty, stinking, smelling.

I know Lagos length and width, so no argue, I partly grew up and me na waka waka. I know every corner. Pot hole ridden mega city.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Awise09(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lo Batan, awon I will make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Suleiman Aliyu, Corper With Leadership Newspaper Shot At Shiite Protest (photo) / Ikpeazu Meets Solomon Ukaoha, Innovator Who Created Mini Transformer (photos) / Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.