Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria (32149 Views)

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Killing In The Name Of Biafra! By Fredrick Nwabufo / Patience Jonathan Dancing At Her 54th Birthday Party At The Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by olas24u(f): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Dear Abonema community liberation from biafra isn't the solution cos you're still suffering, your community lacks basic amenities, a vote for Peter Obi would change that.

Biafra is long gone, but your future isn't vote wisely for a better Abonema community.

This I have seen.

Resources control

4 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Orukomeno: 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
If u stay around people who are old expecially those from Niger Delta they will tell you full fact of the story without bias.Most of them hate Biafra because of how the Biafra army treated the minorities
Morphinne:

Yes my dear. Despite the dilapidating state of Nigeria, soldiers are not openly raping, killing or maiming in their region anymore at least and that my friend, is freedom and libration from the evil hands. This is one of the many reasons history should be taught in schools and colleges. Imagine me thinking these Biafran fools were saints while the Nigerian army were the villains and not knowing the contrary was the ultimate truth. Ode. Death to all terrorists and their sympathizers!

15 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Orukomeno: 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Niger Deltans aren't suffering we as minority are more relevant than u guys in Nigeria.At least no be us dey cry marginalisation
olas24u:

But when the declared a republic ,ojukwu went to invade them and arrested their leader.same thing happened to you and you are here using emotions.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ipob will forever be miscreants and terrorists.

9 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by olas24u(f): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
Realists:

Hmmm, you mean in this cycle of life the strong will always trample on the weak.
The Nyamiris have still not regreted their actions on wanting to force & conquer ijaws.

Even English Cameroun left because of them

8 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by lagonovo: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
9gerian:
Nigeria is replete with so much historical contents and perspectives.

Hope the people of Abonnema, and others who were victims during that unfortunate civil war find forgiveness, peace and closure.

Dialogue amidst peace is better than war anytime, any day.
True words. Peace to the affected Niger-Delta people, as they are the ones in focus here, and to all victims of the war from all parts of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by chukwuibuipob: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
cool interesting wink cool.Make I reach Yauri from Zuru settle down read cool

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by djperoski2010(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
KingofTheStreet:
hope una dey mark the sufferings nigeria dey give una too
We prefer the suffering in Nigerian Government than the conspiracy, oppression and genocide hatched by Umpkurum miri Led Biafrans.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Finneseguy1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
I was at buguma yesterday, the water party was cool. Lot of babes, gathering and excitement

9 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Anisilas: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Every minority tribes in the old Eastern region: ikwerres,ibibio, annangs, urhobos,ijaws etc have an appalling story to tell of what happened during the Biafran dispensation. The pain of what the biafran soldiers did is forever stencil in their minds and I doubt if the passage of time will erase that hurt. Providence has a reason for not lettin them win that war because it would have been terrible.

16 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by ljoh: 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by BnQoyyim(m): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGoAFCi-vY

https://twitter.com/SoprialaMembere/status/1539264905324515328?t=y0VSGEdbamwEyebm5_0hJg&s=19

If Nigeria army has left a scar in the earth of the IPOB during the biafra war, then, the IPOB has left an everlasting unhealed sore in the earth of this Abomenna.
What a Balkanization !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
We are asking for just 5 states... they don't want to go with biafra they don't want biafra to go with their landlocked states... confusionist...

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Musauzor(m): 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Unfortunately for the Abonnema people, 97% of the your people who are marking this celebration today are still living in the valleys of shadows of death, deprivation, oppression, repression by those they claimed "liberated" them.

2 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by swissgoldenpro2: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is serious

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by ljoh: 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2022
All we need is restructuring
Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by richmote: 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
Anisilas:
Every minority tribes in the old Eastern region: ikwerres,ibibio, annangs, urhobos,ijaws etc have an appalling story to tell of what happened during the Biafran dispensation. The pain of what the biafran soldiers did is forever stencil in their minds and I doubt if the passage of time will erase that hurt. Providence has a reason for not lettin them win that war because it would have been terrible.
Please Urhobos were never part of Biafra.
Take note

6 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
A bitter politics playing out here just to malign Peter Obi,but no one can fight a natural force,,am sure dollar has being well shared here.
Imagine this--
BIAFRAN SOLDIERS------killing you.
NIGERIAN SOLDIERS-------Massaging you.
Lies of DIVIDE AND RULE

5 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by GardenOfGod(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
No doubt, biafran soldiers were brutal to our young women during that war. Raping and maiming them, forcefully murdering our young men who resisted their atrocities. All of us in Akwa Ibom State say NO TO BIAFRA!

8 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Otunbakayce: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
[quote author=AnonPoet post=114039812]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGoAFCi-vY

https://twitter.com/SoprialaMembere/status/1539264905324515328?t=y0VSGEdbamwEyebm5_0hJg&s=19[/quote) This lying bastard tagged all APC twitter miscreants. May God punish you for all the lies you wrote up there.

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Athemisia: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
subsidywise18:

There are no good guys or bad guys per se in war. Atrocities are committed by all sides.

That's partly why we have a UN...to prevent war.
UN prevent war? undecided
But they've been doing the opposite for decades. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
What biafran soldiers did when they besieged edo north. My father still tells me that very story whenever I visit home

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Athemisia:

UN prevent war? undecided
But they've been doing the opposite for decades. lipsrsealed

Better than the alternative.
Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Chopcy29: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
Who be this ones
Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by sucemt(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
What biafran soldiers did when they besieged edo north. My father still tells me that very story whenever I visit home

Please tell it. I'm Igbo, and I know we have all hurt each other in this British union. Hiding our ugly past cannot take us anywhere, but acknowledging and atoning for them can enable us redeem our continent Africa from the darkness which Europe prophesied for it in 1957.

Please tell the story... and on behalf of all forward-thinking Igbos, I apologise for the pain. I also heard narratives of how people of Ehor in Edo also killed some Biafran soldiers that were returning from Lagos, and I have forgiven the feelings because bitterness can only hold us all to the ground, while Europeans laugh and call us black monkeys.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Buksaylor: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by 9gerian: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Yes bro.

There were sufferings on several fronts across the divide, some more than others, but all were victims nonetheless. This is because suffering is local and eventually individual, as there are no innocent sides in a war situation. All it takes is for a particular platoon to experience troop losses and the animal in them manifests without limits.

This why all sides need to forgive and receive forgiveness in order to unite and move forward. Shalom!

lagonovo:

True words. Peace to the affected Niger-Delta people, as they are the ones in focus here, and to all victims of the war from all parts of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by 9gerian: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Thank you!

On behalf of all forward thinking Yorubas, I hereby apologize for the suffering caused the Igbos and others affected across Nigeria, whether by the direct actions or inactions of errant Yoruba officers and politicians during the war.

I hope that in the nearest future, all pains, strifes and bitterness would be put aside for a more United collaboration of the various tribes and ethnic groups fused into Nigeria as one.

We only need to imbibe fairness through the “live and let live” mantra of understanding to succeed as a nation.

sucemt:

Please tell it. I'm Igbo, and I know we have all hurt each other in this British union. Hiding our ugly past cannot take us anywhere, but acknowledging and atoning for them can enable us redeem our continent Africa from the darkness which Europe prophesied for it in 1957.

Please tell the story... and on behalf of all forward-thinking Igbos, I apologise for the pain. I also heard narratives of how people of Ehor in Edo also killed some Biafran soldiers that were returning from Lagos, and I have forgiven the feelings because bitterness can only hold us all to the ground, while Europeans laugh and call us black monkeys

2 Likes

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Alpharey: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Hope they are celebrating the oil spillage and ecosystem destruction and 'sharing of oil wells' by Nigerian Government. grin grin. Keep enjoying your Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Blackman7: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO

1 Like

Re: Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
donjazet:
OP. There are always 2 sides to a story and I do sincerely commiserate with all victims of war but we must try to always present accurate views for every story so that it wouldn't appear as a form of propaganda.

Now it is very important to note the history of the riverine areas of the south, which was the ijaw nation, present in both rivers and bayelsa state today
Our British colonizers used two major ports to export slaves out of Nigeria. The Lagos port and bonny port.
The British were wise enough not to antagonize these ijaw communities, so they presented them with gifts and foreign ammunitions which made them capture the other smaller tribes around the area. The British did this, knowing they always needed safe passage of their slaves and commodities. You famously here of jack of opobo. The only king who disagreed with them vehemently and who they eventually killed.

The ijaws became totally friendly to the British colonizers and proudly married some of them.

That is why today, so many people from the south south have English surnames like;
Davies
Jack-daniels
Sam Harcourt
Briggs etc.
Go to this thread below for a better history lesson.
https://www.nairaland.com/6097329/surnames-rivers-state-indigenes

Now, little is known of the fact that after Nigeria's independence, the ijaws were the very first group that sought to break away, this was even before the coups or the subsequent wars, because they had been favored by the British and governed quite differently from the west, they simply didn't want to align with other tribes in Nigeria.
It was just a minor tension that kept becoming louder gradually, and finally imploded with the discovery of oil in their basins.

After the discovery of oil, the agitation became much louder! Remember this was before the military coups which killed regional leaders, which then led to the genocide of the igbos in the north which eventually devolved into war. while the secession of Biafra was brought upon by these aforementioned factors, the secession of the ijaws were now mainly about oil! And then the then military Nigerian eastern governor Ojukwu went to abonema in what is now called the 14 days war and used force to quiten the movement. Ironically, Ojukwu himself used that movement to form the narratives for the later Biafran secessionist agenda.

Again, these are all past events, let us try and move past them. I am an Igbo man and I agree that we seem too different to be one country, but when you look at soo many countries too, like America, China, India, I see countries that also have soo many people from soo many different tribes and background who share a national identity and I choose to believe that with the right leadership, we will get it right. I think this elaborates the kind of symbolism some igbo people have towards looking forwards to am Igbo presidency. A sense of belonging. The ijaws are lucky to have been given that. That has helped to give them a sense of belonging, if the igbos eventually do get it, I think that our national unity would become stronger! It would mean that the 3 major tribes have all got representation at the highest level.

You no chop ur skool fees... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#chatham House: Kwankwaso's Response On Stepping Down For Obi (video) / Military Jets, Soldiers Take Over Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Adamawa / Another Fallen Hero! (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.