Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home (26036 Views)

BREAKING: “anambra”yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / Compendium Of Pmb's Ongoing & Completed Projects & Policy Successes In S/E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by noblefrank31(m): 9:31am On Dec 09, 2023
The expression “home away from home” resonates with the satisfaction of sojourners who have, by providence, found peace and comfort, excelling in their places of residence.

Anambra, one of Nigeria’s five southeastern states, has earned this description from individuals of various ethnic backgrounds. Notably, the Yoruba community, represented by professionals in trade, commerce, civil service, academia, security, media, and business, has embraced Anambra as their second home.

Many of them are into thriving private practises, echoing the same testimony about the loving, accommodating nature of the people of the state.

Little wonder, during a maiden end-of-year party organised by the Association of Yoruba Staff at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, calls for unity and peaceful coexistence reverberated from the Chike Okoli Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, the venue of the event, with a repeated call on all of them to continue to contribute to the growth and development of the state.

This is in line with the Igbo adage, which says, “Ebe onye bi ka o na awachi.” In Yoruba, it is simply translated as “Ibi abangbe lanse” meaning that we take care of where we live.

Yoruba’s in top-ranking positions in Anambra
Two prominent Yoruba public servants in Anambra, Pastors Adebayo Ojeyinka and Samuel Ojeleke, shared their positive experiences. Both expressed gratitude for the warm reception and opportunities Anambra has provided.

Pastor Ojeyinka, the best National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) 1995 batch corps member, is the Director, Public Service, in the office of Anambra State Head of Service.

“The Yorubas are known for their selfless service and dedication. That’s the culture we brought to this place, and all of us here have succeeded in our endeavours. So, if we gather to celebrate our achievements and the victory that the Lord has given us, it is worthwhile,” he said.

Pastor Ojeleke, also the best corps member of his 1996 batch, is the Director, Building Construction and Maintenance, Anambra State Ministry of Housing.

“You can imagine us staying back in the service of the state, and we are allowed to grow to become directors. It is a story to tell for people to understand that Nigeria is a good place”.

“I’m so delighted to belong here. I count myself as one of the leaders in Anambra State. We need to do this yearly. I can see that Yoruba people are very great,” he concluded.

Award Presentation

The two former corps members are among the recipients of excellence service awards on the occasion, along with other awardees including the Commissioner of Police, Mr Aderemi Adeoye, the Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Mr Adeoye Irelewuyi, Alfred Ajayi, a Controller of News with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, and Mr Dele Ajayi of TVC.

The Commissioner of Police encouraged Yoruba residents to contribute positively to the state’s development, emphasising the need to partner with the Anambra State government.

“Partner with the Anambra State government to lift the state to a higher pedestal. Let us continue to coexist peacefully with our hosts and contribute to the socio-economic development of the state in all its ramifications.

“This honour will encourage me to do more to provide security for all and sundry,” Adeoye said.

In the view of the Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr Adeoye Irelewuyi, opportunities abound in Anambra, but visitors must remain law-abiding to reap the fruits of the land.

“I so much cherish this honour from my own people. It will spur me to do more in my area of calling to keep our roads safer,” said Mr Irelewuyi.

Testaments of the accommodating nature of Anambra people

A young builder, Benjamin Oyefemi, whose company develops the Victoria Gardens in Awka, highlighted Anambra’s potential for investment, encouraging people to invest in the state.

“Let’s not run away from investing in this place. Anambra State is ripe for investment, and the governor will give all his support to everybody who is ready to invest in this land. Let us own land and houses in this state.

The Chief Host and Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Professor Charles Esimone, lauded members of the Association of Yoruba Staff.

“At times, I wonder if excellence is in your genes. You people are reliable, competent, and hardworking. As your father here, I advise that you keep the flag flying”.

Prof. Esimone urged them to sustain professionalism and shun tendencies that could destroy their good reputation.

Dr Taiwo Abdulahi, Chairman of the association, debunked negative security reports portraying Anambra State as unsafe, noting that they are at peace with their hosts and have no cause to worry. He also attributed their flourishing careers to the accommodating nature of the people of the state.

“This is not our home state, but we have produced two directors here. It’s a sign that we are accommodated here. They have given us the space to excel in various fields. All ethnic nationalities can attest to the fact that Anambra is a peaceful state”.

“Our people should continue to be at their best in whatever legitimate things they do. Let them place their good name above other things,” Abdulahi admonished.

Oba Abdulrazak Olahan, the head of the Yoruba community in Awka, the state capital, was the Royal Father of the day.

“We thank God for today. I am very happy that today was a success. Please, my people; a good name is better than riches. We must not sacrifice virtues on the altar of money. Let us continue to coexist peacefully with our hosts,” Oba Olahan advised.

The Yoruba Students Association, headed by Folarin Akinbode, a 400-level Chemistry Education student of UNIZIK, encouraged prospective students to seek admission in Anambra.

“It’s a great thing to be here. Some people think we are gathering for an evil purpose. No, we are for peace and unity. We are here to portray the good virtues of the Yorubas”.

“I encourage prospective students to seek admission here. The people here are loving and accommodating. This is a land of opportunities. Just keep being good,” Akinbode advised.

Reporting by Alfred Ajayi; Editing by Annabel Nwachukwu

SOURCE: https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2023/12/08/anambra-yoruba-community-celebrates-unity-successes-in-second-home/

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Norsemann: 9:33am On Dec 09, 2023
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 9:34am On Dec 09, 2023
Splendid.
I learnt that SW has quite an investment in the East.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
Just on the Benin-Onitsha express road,I saw about 3 to 4 Swesterners coys.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by DatNiggaDaz: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2023
grin grin

[/b]
Pastor Ojeyinka, the best National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) 1995 batch corps member, is the Director, Public Service, in the office of Anambra State Head of Service [b]

“You can imagine us staying back in the service of the state, and we are allowed to grow to become directors. It is a story to tell for people to understand that Nigeria is a good place”.

Oba Abdulrazak Olahan, the head of the Yoruba community in Awka, the state capital, was the Royal Father of the day.
There is even an Oba grin

God bless my Igbo neigbours. Nobody is telling them to go back to their villages. Nobody is destroying their Establishment or demolishing their Houses under the pretence that they did not abide by the building plans.

Our Igbo brothers & sisters are the true Definition of one Nigeria when such does not exist in the minds of those who hate & jealous them.

God bless all Igbos anywhere they are & give my SS people the wisdom to know who their real brothers & enemies are

300 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by JASONjnr(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2023
Just like South Africans who don't travel out, Yorubas don't believe in settling outside their lands or investing outside Lagos state.....

But they will be very quick to call out other regions for not accommodating them.... Simply because, there's noone selling Ewedu and Amala around for easy consumption.

104 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2023
Anambra is a home for all, we don't ask people to go back to their region like the other region at the waste

May Anambra favour them all

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Beremx(f): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Igbos accommodate other ethnic group without making noise about it.
We are the real accommodators. We don't threaten our hosts because we love everyone

170 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Putinofrussia: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2023
Emyzoloye5:
Anambra is a home for all, we don't ask people to go back to their region like the other region at the waste

May Anambra favour them all
You are good hosts to them and they are good visitors or 'migrants' to you because they don't behave negatively or poke nose into your local politics negatively.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by abdeefggh: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Fake news

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by AustineE1: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
Some local champions thinks the world starts and end in Lagos. There are communities from all of parts of Nigeria and as far as China,cameroun,Ghana,Togo,Gabon etc having huge presence in Onitsha,carrying out their businesses successfully. The Igbo man is capitalist by nature and welcomes competition very well,non Igbos doing businesses in the East enjoys wonderful hospitality,as thats cultural with Igbos. Outsiders living in South East can attest to the wonderful hospitality they get. little wonder why so many industries are coming up in Onitsha,Aba,Nnewi,Enugu and other South Eastern states.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by richiemcgold: 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
Yoruba and swags are like this:

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Bobloco: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2023
shocked
Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by slaawomirr: 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
They say yorubas are not in igbo land, they say we don't allow them buy any land. The list goes on yet the propaganda mechines are relentless to make sure they destroy what igbo have built for decades.

It's only truth that will stand the test of time. And if lies are allowed to propagate it becomes part of history. My igbo brother do not relent in fighting a just course. The lord is your strength!

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ecolime(m): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
Yorubas living in Igboland? shocked

This is cool and a beauty to watch.

Would love to visit Anambra and other SE states in my lifetime.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by NiajaCover: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
I SMELL LIES

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Tjra: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Funkyswagzz:
They say yorubas are not in igbo land, they say we don't allow them buy any land. The list goes on yet the propaganda mechines are relentless to make sure they destroy what igbo have built for decades.

I've always known not all Igbos are not tribalists. It is just sad the few bad folks amongst them are making the rest of the world see all of them as intolerant.

Polygamy is frowned at in my religion else would have taken an Igbo chick as a 2nd wife.

I learnt their yellow girls have hairy chest and bushy but very juicy sweetpot. That turns me on cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ttipsy(f): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
If we keep doing this it undermines the so called ‘’One Nigeria’’

As a Nigerian you should be free to live anywhere with in the country

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Ayo25: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
At least they concede it is their second home and are grateful for whatever success they have acheive over there, not like those who after being allowed to feed fat of the good of the land and prosper, would begin to claim 'no mansland'.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by CJStarz: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2023
They feel at home in Anambra but we Igbos are attacked in Lagos.
No wahala.
God dey.

Putinofrussia
post=127392254:

Splendid.
I learnt that SW has quite an investment in the East.
The biggest mall in the SE,Polo Park was built by Tayo Amusan with the cooperation of the govt.
There are Chicken Republic,Tantalizers and other SW and Nigeria top eateries in the SE.
Gtb aka Gtco.
Fcmb bank.
First bank etc.
There was a time I went to the SE and had cause to go to Asaba Which is very close to Onitsha,I stayed there for a couple of days.
Just on the Benin-Onitsha express road,I saw about 3 to 4 Swesterners coys.
I saw on the right side going to the Niger bridge en route to Onitsha,A huge industry called Animal Feeds,I saw Elizade coy,a petrol station owned by a Yoruba man on the left then a block making establishment by a Westerner.
I thought that seeing about 4 coys of Western origin in a distance not too far means there are still others strewn all over the SE and SS.
Through my research,I believe that Yorubas are very good at making wealth and very industrious indeed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Kingpele(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2023
grin grin grin I don't the agbadorians said that yorubas don't migrate to other regions ...wow the truth remains that I have seen hardworking yorubas in Enugu City where I dey ...infact the guy that put burglary proof in my house is a nice yoruba guy...but lazy yorubas are mostly slave of APC online and very hungry offline

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by ezechi24(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hope they wouldn't start harvesting the heads of our dead relatives ...because we Igbos don't condone evil o.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Justiceleague1: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
Nice one.

Their disgusting y.m.m. coneheaded structured banzas preaching hatred and disunity will be so ashamed.
See how them fine...dem they chop better food for there nah...these ones nor they chop grass hydraulic oil here,water there,beaten with one Kain broom grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by robinfemi: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
Why the oba no get crown, abi dey mean to say Baile grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Mindlog: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
While some folks who haven't gone beyond Ore, would be hallucinating.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Amigoss: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
Just look at the comments here undecided...Tribalism online,knacking and getting married to each other every Saturday offline....

And Na una two do inter tribal marriage pass,Imagine taking you lots bigotry seriously.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home by Kingozymandias(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2023
Kafirs living with kafirs

Nothing new here 🙄

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko And His Wife, Regina Daniel In Delta To Campaign For Atiku / Governor Ayade's Aide Claims Venue Of PDP Rally In Calabar Was Empty (Video) / I’ll Accept Supreme Court’s Verdict – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.