Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) (47721 Views)

PDP Crisis Gets Deeper As Sanwo-Olu, APC Governors Storm Rivers To Woo Wike / Atiku Raises Team To Woo Wike, Rivers Governor’s Camp Remain Adamant / Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by blowjohn(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
iamlahmee:
yes..I think In his first tenure

Wow
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by Nicerazor(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ibeju Lekki has benefitted immensely from the developments as a result of the presence of Lekki free trade zone, Lekki Deep Seaport, Dangote refinery, Lekki International airport, Eleganza, La Campagne Tropicana Resorts. Properties in this area has done x100. My 1.5m plot of land in 2020 is now worth 6m. To think these developments even affected Epe positively in mind blowing.
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by thecommunist(m): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
TooNoisy:
Records are always there and facts never lie. Lekki free trade zone is becoming a new city employing hundreds of thousands.

The same people who are some if the greatest beneficiaries of Tinubu's vision are now his greatest critics. It was the same thing they did to Awolowo. These people came from the South East to enjoy Awolowo's free education policy in the early 80s but hated him so much.

I think the best thing is for Nigeria to adopt true federalism with a certain percentage of jobs reserved for people in that region. Lets see how some people will survive if they had to go back to their region.

Lalasticlala
I am not surprised at their behavior. that is why they are disliked all over. very ungrateful, classless and clannish people.
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
TooNoisy:
Records are always there and facts never lie. Lekki free trade zone is becoming a new city employing hundreds of thousands.

The same people who are some if the greatest beneficiaries of Tinubu's vision are now his greatest critics. It was the same thing they did to Awolowo. These people came from the South East to enjoy Awolowo's free education policy in the early 80s but hated him so much.

I think the best thing is for Nigeria to adopt true federalism with a certain percentage of jobs reserved for people in that region. Lets see how some people will survive if they had to go back to their region.

Lalasticlala

LFTZ is still becoming after how many years? Pls what is the free trade that is presently going on in the zone?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by thecommunist(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
trutharena:
This same free trade zone now hold billion $$ investments for Lagos. This is a man with foresight, he plan and build a long lasting framework that can be continued with successive government.

When we tell these guys why we are supporting Tinubu because of his past succes as goevrnor, they abuse us and compare him with Obituary OR they accuse us of tribalism.

How can you even compare Tinubu success as governor and ability to grow economy to expand revenue base to that of Obi?

Obi invested Anambra's money in breweries and its worth is a measly 50million dollars, Tinubu invested Lagos money in Lekki free trade Zone and its worth billion of dollars.
now they would ascribe Lagos success to the ports but would never see the the efforts of the Lagos government in investments like this that has really helped everybody including them!
they are quick to shout that Ladipo market brings in a lot of revenue for the government but forget that their state would never allow non indigenes to have a market like Ladipo (operated by non indigenes)in their states. if the government did not create an enabling environment for business, , Ladipo market would not have succeeded in the first place
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2022
trutharena:
This same free trade zone now hold billion $$ investments for Lagos. This is a man with foresight, he plan and build a long lasting framework that can be continued with successive government.

When we tell these guys why we are supporting Tinubu because of his past succes as goevrnor, they abuse us and compare him with Obituary OR they accuse us of tribalism.

How can you even compare Tinubu success as governor and ability to grow economy to expand revenue base to that of Obi?

What are the billion $$ in estments in LFTZ? What is the free trade that is presently going on in the zone?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
thecommunist:

Obi invested Anambra's money in breweries and its worth is a measly 50million dollars, Tinubu invested Lagos money in Lekki free trade Zone and its worth billion of dollars.
now they would ascribe Lagos success to the ports but would never see the the efforts of the Lagos government in investments like this that has really helped everybody including them!

How has this "investment helped everybody"? What is going on at the LFTZ?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by thecommunist(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
CheapHomes1:

go and verify!
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Nicerazor:
Ibeju Lekki has benefitted immensely from the developments as a result of the presence of Lekki free trade zone, Lekki Deep Seaport, Dangote refinery, Lekki International airport, Eleganza, La Campagne Tropicana Resorts. Properties in this area has done x100. My 1.5m plot of land in 2020 is now worth 6m. To think these developments even affected Epe positively in mind blowing.

LaCampaigne Tropicana didn't open in ibeju lekki because of LFTZ. You are mentioning: Lekki Deep Seaport, Dangote refinery, Lekki International airport, Eleganza. Which one of these things is presently functional?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
thecommunist:

go and verify!

That's what I did by asking:

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by mabea: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
pquaver:

How can you say my judgement is biased, when I lived in lagos and saw something firsthand? How about Ghanaians telling you your choice of obi is biased?
There's nothing special about what you saw compared to other States who also came from behind to be where they are presently in terms of development. Mind you Lagos has always been ahead of other states right before the periods you stated. So that in itself shouldn't be a good reason to support Tinunbu's presidency. You can think of other things but not telling us how Fashola and Ambode transformed oshodi.
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
Tulumbu is unelectable grin grin
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by shinealight(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Littlefingerjp:
Thank you brother,ur reply shows you are wise.. What do you mean by help,I was forced to use my dictionary because I don't think we really understand the word 'help'..
How do you claim to have built Lagos or have helped your people when close to 50%(Not certain) of the state revenues goes to ur pocket..Did yu help the state or helped yourself
To me I think Lagos is a slave to Tinubu because you can't finish helping me and den start to extort from me,its like giving you slice bread and den tomorrow I ask you to give me toast bread..Thank you very much sir

You claim that (CLOSE TO) 50% of Lagos Revenue goes into his pocket…then you quickly added NOT CERTAIN.
Maybe your conscience was pricking you before you added the latter part.
In fact, one can conclude that you actually know NOTHING about the finances of Lagos State vis-à-vis Tinubu’s businesses.
A truly wise person would just shut up rather than concocting untrue stories and trying to pass them for truth.
Learn to do a thorough research before going to the public to spew your vitriolic nonsense, my friend! undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by chinchum(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
I have always maintained Tinubu is highly cerebral and development centric, he also combines that quite well with the dexterity of politics. he is in a class of his own. He is going to be only intelligent president we ever had.

Talking 2023 politics, Obi needs to get stronger in the SS and SE though, it will be to Tinubu's gain. Tinubu will win in the SW,NW, NC.
NE will be a battleground.
The votes differential from SW, i believe will have close to 60% voters turnout with his main opponent in the PDP will offset PDP gains in the SE and SS. Likewise the vote differential in NW will offset PDP NE wins with remainder. NC will be an icing on the cake. The politics will play out in the next 8 months. While a lot can change in a day, i have never failed with the geopolitical analysis of presidential elections.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by chinchum(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
blowjohn:

Obi was impeached?
so you dont know he was impeached?. one begins to wonder what the Obi adherents know about the candidate they are supporting.
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by Sirchef: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
I thought he said obi china. It is now tilumbu china��
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by ifiokjohn(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
Felincous:

I'm a Christian, I don't vote for people because of religion. What did Peter Obi achieve when he was the Governor of Anambra state.
If he failed in governing small Anambra State, how will he govern Nigeria without failing again?
Lol Smh.
I'm here reading all you guys wrote.
Isn't it disgraceful you comparing Lagos to small anambra?

Lets compare Lagos to Kigali, to Capetown, and others cities in Africa..

You claim Lagos is the 5th largest economy in Africa and yet it is the worst city to live in Africa.

Oga I won't be comparing tinubu Lagos to anambra... I compared it with Kigali and Capetown and it fell short of expectations...with the kind of money its making.
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by ifiokjohn(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
The fact that he might have one or two health issues, like most grown adults from 40 and above, he is still healthy enough to govern. For Godsake look at how that old man has been transiting across the country making consultation. That kind of movement requires energy sir. And has demonstrated that he has that.
compare tinubu Lagos to Kigali not anambra.
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
ifiokjohn:
compare tinubu Lagos to Kigali not anambra.

Until you compare peter Obi Anambra to kigali first. Then I will understand

1 Like

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
ifiokjohn:
Lol Smh.
I'm here reading all you guys wrote.
Isn't it disgraceful you comparing Lagos to small anambra?

Lets compare Lagos to Kigali, to Capetown, and others cities in Africa..

You claim Lagos is the 5th largest economy in Africa and yet it is the worst city to live in Africa.

Oga I won't be comparing tinubu Lagos to anambra... I compared it with Kigali and Capetown and it fell short of expectations...with the kind of money its making.
A simple question, what did Obi achieve while he was governor of Anambra? And you started ranting about comparing lagos to Anambra
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by pquaver(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
mabea:
There's nothing special about what you saw compared to other States who also came from behind to be where they are presently in terms of development. Mind you Lagos has always been ahead of other states right before the periods you stated. So that in itself shouldn't be a good reason to support Tinunbu's presidency. You can think of other things but not telling us how Fashola and Ambode transformed oshodi.

You are quick to remove development of fashola and ambode from Tinubu but quick to claim he suffocates lagos.. If he did they can't not contribute developmental Abi can't you see it in delta state? Or Abia state?

There so many special things in lagos, I only showed u an example with Oshodi, and I stated it there. Again no state has anything that looks like Oshodi interchange or brt please don't ever tell there is no difference. There is a big difference
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by ifiokjohn(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
A simple question, what did Obi achieve while he was governor of Anambra? And you started ranting about comparing lagos to Anambra
why couldn't Tinubu make Lagos be like common Kigali? It has the money, it is small etc.

I'm from akwa IBOM and if we had the money Lagos has for over 20 years we will surely be competing with cities like capetown .

Wanna know how I knew? In 15 years we have done alot from lifting akwa IBOM from a common passerby state to one of the top 5 best states in Nigeria.

Many projects in akwa ibom are coming to life.
We have ibom air

We have many factories springing up.
Uyo is clean, beautiful.
With the kind of money Lagos has, we would had probably have an intra state railway.
Go check akwa ibom master plan and u will see wonders.
If we keep going like this, not even Lagos will see our back in 30 years time.
Although I confess Lagos will still be richer than us like it is richer than Kigali, Cairo etc.. but we will be more beautiful, cleaner, developed than Lagos.

Let's not Sugar coat things bro, compared to other African cities, Tinubu failed in Lagos.

And by the way go and check Anambra is one of the least poverty state today compared to others states. I think in the top4 self.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by pquaver(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
ifiokjohn:
why couldn't Tinubu make Lagos be like common Kigali? It has the money, it is small etc.

I'm from akwa IBOM and if we had the money Lagos has for over 20 years we will surely be competing with cities like capetown .

Wanna know how I knew? In 15 years we have done alot from lifting akwa IBOM from a common passerby state to one of the top 5 best states in Nigeria.

Many projects in akwa ibom are coming to life.
We have ibom air

We have many factories springing up.
Uyo is clean, beautiful.
With the kind of money Lagos has, we would had probably have an intra state railway.
Go check akwa ibom master plan and u will see wonders.
If we keep going like this, not even Lagos will see our back in 30 years time.
Although I confess Lagos will still be richer than us like it is richer than Kigali, Cairo etc.. but we will be more beautiful, cleaner, developed than Lagos.

Let's not Sugar coat things bro, compared to other African cities, Tinubu failed in Lagos.

And by the way go and check Anambra is one of the least poverty state today compared to others states. I think in the top4 self.

Let's start with population are people trooping to akwa ibom like lagos? Even lagos is catering and createing further atmosphere for your akwa ibom ppple.. Was it not after akwa ibom transaction and on going transformation Okon left for lagos? Abeg

1 Like

Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
chinchum:
I have always maintained Tinubu is highly cerebral and development centric, he also combines that quite well with the dexterity of politics. he is in a class of his own. He is going to be only intelligent president we ever had.

How is Tinubu "highly cerebral and development centric"?

How is he going to be the only intelligent president we ever had?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by Nicerazor(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
Yes Lampagne Tropicana has been in ibeju Lekki for years no doubt but if you are familiar or have been to ibeju Lekki recently you will know the timelines of these projects, they are near completion.
CheapHomes1:

LaCampaigne Tropicana didn't open in ibeju lekki because of LFTZ. You are mentioning: Lekki Deep Seaport, Dangote refinery, Lekki International airport, Eleganza. Which one of these things is presently functional?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2022
pquaver:

Let's start with population are people trooping to akwa ibom like lagos? Even lagos is catering and createing further atmosphere for your akwa ibom ppple.. Was it not after akwa ibom transaction and on going transformation Okon left for lagos? Abeg

Pls when did people from akwa ibom start trooping to Lagos?

How much of that trooping is down to Tinubu?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by blowjohn(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
chinchum:
so you dont know he was impeached?. one begins to wonder what the Obi adherents know about the candidate they are supporting.

Who told u am supporting anyone?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by ike007(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
Why are there no Photos ?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
Nicerazor:
Yes Lampagne Tropicana has been in ibeju Lekki for years no doubt but if you are familiar or have been to ibeju Lekki recently you will know the timelines of these projects, they are near completion.

If you know LaCampaigne has been in ibeju lekki for long, why did you bring it in as if it existed because of LFTZ? You see how you allowing sycophancy make you distort facts?

Since you have been to ibeju lekki recently, why can't you give the timelines of Lekki Deep Seaport, Dangote refinery, Lekki International airport, Eleganza?

Which of them are presently functional?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by ifiokjohn(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
pquaver:

do you really want to go there? Population? U want to use population as an excuse? No make me bring Mumbai o... remember it is more populated than Lagos bit yet it is far better.

By the way like I said earlier Economically Lagos is far better than akwa ibom and will continue to be...just like it is riches than Kigali etc. But when its comes to real beauty and neatness just like Kigali beats lagos hands down
That's how we will too
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by Nicerazor(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Stop barking kid, who is arguing with you? I’m talking about developments in ibeju Lekki as a whole and not because of LFTZ. Why are you sounding as if we are fighting?
CheapHomes1:

If you know LaCampaigne has been in ibeju lekki for long, why did you bring it in as if it existed because of LFTZ? You see how you allowing sycophancy make you distort facts?

Since you have been to ibeju lekki recently, why can't you give the timelines of Lekki Deep Seaport, Dangote refinery, Lekki International airport, Eleganza?

Which of them are presently functional?
Re: Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) by CheapHomes1: 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2022
chinchum:

On what grounds was he impeached?

What is the significance of his impeachment in his quest to be president?

What happened after his impeachment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both / The New International Passport And Price / Fayose At Orange FM: Photos And Statements Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.