Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (672247 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (526) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pelaiye2703(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2022
God bless you richly.
CreativeWeb:

Always Google some of these things and ask the schools.

Here's what I go from Google.

List Of Universities That accept HND For Direct Masters in United States

1. University of Houston, Clear Lake.
2. Central Michigan University.
3. University of Hawaii, Manoa.
4. Jacksonville State University.
5. Southern Illinois University.
6. University of Detroit, Mercy.
7. Western Oregon University.
8. California State University, Sacramento.
9. California State University, Fresno.
10. California State University, Pomoma.
11. University of California, Merced.
12. Clark University.
13. Western Kentucky University.
14. Louisiana Tech University.
15. University of Northern Colorado.
16. Valley University.
17. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
18. Illinois State University.
19. University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire.
20. Arkansas State University.
21. Southern A&M University.
22. Eastern Illinois University.
23. Indiana State University.
24. Georgia College and State University.
25. Youngstown State University.
26. Montana State University
27. Marshall University
28. Humboldt State University.
29. Wichita State University.
30. University of South Carolina.
31. University of North Carolina, Charlotte.
32. University of Minnesota, Duluth.
33. Western Illinois University.
34. University of Central Missouri.
35. University of Missouri, St Louis.
36. Georgia State University.
37. University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.
38. Auburn University of Montgomery.
39. University of South Dakota.
40. East Tennessee State University.
41. North Dakota State University.
42. University of Vermont.
43. Cleveland State University.
44. Western Washington University.
45. University of Central Florida.
46. Bowling Green State University.
47. Old Dominion University.
48. University of Houston, Clear Lake.
49. Central Michigan University.
50. University of Hawaii, Manoa.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 8:29pm On Oct 10, 2022
I saw one school like that immunization as part of their requirements, i ran away
Paupaula:

Pls, is their application process?
Is their requirements okay? Do they do application fee, IELTS or GRE?

There’s a school I applied to even after paying an application fee, their hidden further requirements of 8 kinds of immunization to take , upload and send to them is driving me nuts.
Pls help!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Natashaxari:
Good Afternoon Everyone, Please how do I upgrade my WES evaluation from Canada IRCC to course by course evaluation for US?
If you request is not yet attended to, it goes this way:

Option 1:

Contact WES Canada through the dedicated contact form in your account about this issue. They will direct you on what to do.

Option 2:

Play around your WES Canada profile. You will see option for you to transfer your file to WES USA for course-by-course (Upgrade your report to documents-by-documents or course-by-course evaluation . You will need to pay extra money which is equivalent to what someone setting up his account for course-by-course evaluation would have paid.

Option 3:

Call the WES Canada office on phone during their working hours, and table your complaints.
Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SMLimited(m): 1:55am On Oct 11, 2022
[quote author=Graizej post=115319656]

I need help brother and sister. I couldn't get a date for my F-1 visa interview. No single date
Please reference the attached evidence.

Last year after my refusal, I made another payment for the interview but I couldn't see lagos
So I stopped, I deferred the admission and I am using that payment code of last year that I couldn't use.

Please can it be why I am not able to get a date. Please suggestion

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mercyof: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2022
SIMPLIFIED:
This is the payment I made. Toefl app does not allow screenshot I will use another phone to take a shapshot. @walspring you can't do this to me and go free, you will regret this
@walspring this is another person calling you out and yet you think u can go scotfree with this act. Once you are caught and apprehended, it's the end for u, I hope you have started making means to settle my own issue!!! A fraudster should not be protected, I will urge you to redeem your dignity by doing the right thing!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mercyof: 9:52am On Oct 11, 2022
Anfieldboss:

Why don't you just write IELTS, you will pay in Naira and almost every university in the US accept IELTS as proof of English proficiency.
If I knew this was an option I would have gone through this rather than passing through all this stress...I guess knowledge is power after all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2022
sammie241:

I just got admission for the 2023 Spring semester.
Just about to book a visa appointment. Congratulations on your successful visa interview

Thank you bro. What department were you admitted to
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2022
Strange that this very active thread has suddenly got quiet since this issue of fraud was brought here. It goes to show how terrible some Nigerians are.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2022
justwise:
Strange that this very active thread has suddenly got quiet since this issue of fraud was brought here. It goes to show how terrible some Nigerians are.
Not really, Nigerians have taken a U-turn, and most are now applying to the UK/Canada for study.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2022
Mercyof:

@walspring this is another person calling you out and yet you think u can go scotfree with this act. Once you are caught and apprehended, it's the end for u, I hope you have started making means to settle my own issue!!! A fraudster should not be protected, I will urge you to redeem your dignity by doing the right thing!!!

If you are providing a service always provide it fully and don't look for a shortcut to make more profits! If the client can't afford your service charge, they can look elsewhere for an affordable fee. Remember, they are paying you for your time. TIME = MONEY
Always protect your INTEGRITY.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
Mercyof:

If I knew this was an option I would have gone through this rather than passing through all this stress...I guess knowledge is power after all

This issue is not new. It is rampant here in Nigeria. I don't really know why many Nigerians behave this way. They always look for ways to exploit innocent people because of their seemingly stupid knowledge of how some things work. I had a similar experience when I wrote my TOEFL some years back. I tried downloading the score report and I saw this humongous bill as a charge-back. I wrote to the man and he kept on telling one story to the other. I applied pressure oh. I even went to his office a couple of times before he cleared that bill. Here is the moral of the story.

Avoid cheap offers, especially when you want to write these exams. Some of una no go hear sha, una wan save cost, but that's the truth. You can pay for your exams yourself. Avoid agents and all these cheap centers that do offer TOEFL, GMAT, e.t.c trainings, na them worst pass.

@mercyof, so sorry for your ordeal.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2022
justwise:

Sir, the reason is not far-fetched. It is simply because of the different WhatsApp groups that were created for date search. So many peeps after getting an interview date, and thereafter attend their interview, won't come back here to say something so that we can learn. Instead, they just go from there. If you noticed, it has been long someone came here to say something about their interview experience. It is quite sad.

I think this whatsapp thing should stop!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
lifeofgolden1:

Sir, the reason is not far-fetched. It is simply because of the different WhatsApp groups that were created for date search. So many peeps after getting an interview date, and thereafter attend their interview, won't come back here to say something so that we can learn. Instead, they just go from there. If you noticed, it has been long someone came here to say something about their interview experience. It is quite sad.

I think this whatsapp thing should stop!!

You have a point which is why I ban many members here dropping WhatsApp link and still banning more people

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NozinoGroup: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
justwise:

You have a point which is why I ban many members here dropping WhatsApp link and still banning more people

Please do something about the WhatsApp groups (Aside date search groups for obvious reasons). Everything now takes place there. No one even comes to share transcripts here anymore.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
I think the reason why most people decided not to share again was because, there was a time when someone said people should stop dropping their transcripts and again when people seek for help, those that has the experience don't even offer to help again unlike before where you can easily come here and share your troubles and people will be ready to help. You can see that there has been alot of unanswered questions on the group. Although, we know that is not by force to help but please those that have gone through that route should assist.
justwise:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Drgreen2021(m): 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ikechukwu4774:
Good morning all I really appreciate your effort on the smooth traveling and in other hands your advice. You people are really wonderful �.

Pls I want to ask this question before I proceed, well am trying to apply for student visa at Sweden for masters degree but am an HND holder hope I can go with it direct to masters without any obstruction.

Pls I need the answer so that I can know my stand for applying

Thanks

This site should clear all doubt.
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/apply-to-masters/provide-application-documents-masters/country-instructions/nigeria/

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
I think the reason why most people decided not to share again was because, there was a time when someone said people should stop dropping their transcripts and again when people seek for help, those that has the experience don't even offer to help again unlike before where you can easily come here and share your troubles and people will be ready to help. You can see that there has been alot of unanswered questions on the group. Although, we know that is not by force to help but please those that have gone through that route should assist.

This is very true...a girl asked a very important question a while back which i actually related to and wanted to see a reply and no one answered ...and also nobody shares transcript anymore, which was the obvious reasons people came to this page. Its sad.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2022
Hey guys! I hope this thread is still active.

I need some advice and guidance. I finished secondary school last year(2021) and my plan is to start my undergrad fall of next year in the US. For the most part I have all the processes related to my application handled. Now, I want to know how I can start preparing for what comes after my acceptance letter.

Here are my questions:
1. How soon should I start the visa application process? What can I start doing right now to minimise any potential problems that might arise from the interview?

2. My international passport expires next year, how long does it usually take(in months or weeks) to renew it?

Cheers!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 11:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Najdorf:
Hey guys! I hope this thread is still active.

I need some advice and guidance. I finished secondary school last year(2021) and my plan is to start my undergrad fall of next year in the US. For the most part I have all the processes related to my application handled. Now, I want to know how I can start preparing for what comes after my acceptance letter.

Here are my questions:
1. How soon should I start the visa application process? What can I start doing right now to minimise any potential problems that might arise from the interview?

2. My international passport expires next year, how long does it usually take(in months or weeks) to renew it?

Cheers!

1: start ur visa application process immediately your school sends you ur i20. Pay attention to the details you fill in ur visa application bcus everything has to tally with whatever you say in the interview, and also dont lie about having any close relative abroad, they know and also have all the information they need.

2: doesnt take much to renew, you can even get it as fast as 3 days if you know someone inside ( you have to pay for it sha)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lasisieniola77:

There is no reason for whatsapp group whatsoever, this thread has been doing well for more than 10yrs without whatsapp group as questions and answers are dealt with openly here.

I take some of the blame because i did not deal with whatsapp group crew as effective as i have done in other threads.

If you come here asking for whatsapp group i will remove your post, go google whtsapp group and join one

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2022
NozinoGroup:

Please do something about the WhatsApp groups (Aside date search groups for obvious reasons).
Everything now takes place there. No one even comes to share transcripts here anymore.

What is the obvious reason?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NozinoGroup: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2022
justwise:

What is the obvious reason?

How else will people look for Visa dates? Search groups make it easier to search for visa dates as a collective. Time slot are allocated to each member. Don’t forget that you can only check 3times a day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2022
NozinoGroup:

How else will people look for Visa dates? Search groups make it easier to search for visa dates as a collective. Time slot are allocated to each member. Don’t forget that you can only check 3times a day.

How were you doing it before whatsapp group idea was introduced?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EagleEye4040: 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
justwise:

Good question. Ask them. Ask the ungrateful set of people Na agent most of them be. You're too nice. aswia
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NozinoGroup: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
justwise:

We both know it wasn’t this bad. The WhatsApp group was a solution. I don’t believe it is a problem. How else do you want people to do it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (526) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: Instructor001(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.