Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (689538 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by drjustice17: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
First, apply for only you. F2 will make your visa highly impossible.
2). All Ph.D. are full funding. Which guarantee your f1 visa.

Idaytesj29:

I applied for PhD in History at Florida International University FIU, University of Chicago, The University of Alabama, and University of Texas at Austin. I am considering applying to Marquette University too.

I have application fee waiver for a few of them.

And I am going all out.

My question is,

Is it best to apply for F1 alongside F2 for my dependants too? Wife and 3 children.

Secondly, how easy is F1 visa for PhD student who has GA TA or RA positions with Tuition Fee waivers?

All is for Fall 2023.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollay09(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
resolution2020:

Hi!
Are you just trying to apply to BSU? Or you have been admitted already? I am at the process of applying there and I would like to ask you some questions if you wouldn't mind
about applying ... so I need to confirm before paying their application fees
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by resolution2020: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2022
shollay09:
about applying ... so I need to confirm before paying their application fees

Okay. Did you do Transcript Evaluation? Because I saw it on the admission requirements that Transcript Evaluation is required
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Idaytesj29(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
drjustice17:
2). All PhD is full funding. Which guarantees your f1 visa.

Thanks, boss. I have been thinking about this. I better go first and plan for them six month after
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2022
drjustice17:
2). All Ph.D. are full funding. Which guarantee your f1 visa.

No, it doesn't work like that. F2 visa application cannot interfere with your F1 visa application. You can even be granted F1 visa and f2 denied. They are treated differently, not as one.

Also, it's better to apply together than to get F1 and travel and your spouse or family then going for their f2. Let all of you apply at once.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2022
Yes, it is always necessary to get in contact with a lecturer whose interest aligned with yours except the university says otherwise but nevertheless still. Another place you can speak with them is by attending open days.

Capitalbase:
Hi everybody,
Please, for those who are currently applying for PhD, did you have to email one of the faculty members whose research interests aligned with yours to facilitate your admission process. I applied for 3 PhD positions since September and this were open positions for Fall intake. However, I just felt like doing a follow up with graduate departments and one of the response I received seemed to suggest they are "ONLY" accepting those candidates whose "would be" mentors has approved for their applications to move to the next stage.
If anybody can throw more light to this, it would be much appreciated.

Best Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2022
yes in most cases

pongwa:
contacting a supervisor is not the issue rather, it's whether one must secure one before admission is granted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Capitalbase: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
drjustice17:
It depends on School. Many Schools will ask you to apply directly to the department or Graduate School, then after one year of rotation, you will choose PI. Why others will ask you to e-mail a PI. Just check the department's website

You are very right on this. The schools I applied to didn't ask for admission to be made directly to the department. I applied through the grad school departments as required. However, during the application process, questions like "Have you been in touch with any Faculty member" did come up and others like"Do you have the approval of any faculty member to apply to this program" also came up. One major consistent thing here is that they have first year academic calender where students would rotate and finally be assigned to one PI.
Honestly, I feel I didn't do the needful and I may loose out this time but, there are better days ahead. Let's see what the feedback will be like and if I don't change my mind on the PhD thingy, I might reapply for Fall 2024.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crowniran(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2022
Hello, did anyone apply to Baylor University MBA? Any feedback yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2022
[quote author=Oxristo post=118759114]

I apply within 60 days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2022
The lecture start date is January 16 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sockistical: 10:43am On Nov 30, 2022
Good morning everyone,
I have RA with a 10,000 deficit. I work as a contract staff at a local government , can I use SOA from the local government. I have the SOA and a letter stating the commitment. Would it be difficult to sell to the VO that the local government is willing to support me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pongwa(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
[quote author=Capitalbase post=118780068][/quote]I found this useful but the part where the op didn't state why he felt he lost out this time madr me more curious
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Capitalbase: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
pongwa:
I found this useful but the part where the op didn't state why he felt he lost out this time madr me more curious

Bro, I am not completely hopeless on the matter. Although it seems like a tradition for PhD hopefuls to get their would be supervisors consent prior applications. However, I just did mine and allowed the supposed panel to sit on the matter and the outcome in God's hands. I believe this might be an undoing of some sort on my part. So I am only saying if the outcome does not favour me this time, I won't fail the next time if I still decide to tow the same path. Life is not completely meaningless here in the UK anyway.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
My b2 visa was rejected yesterday without checking any of my documents
Am an intl student in eu Cyprus

Eu Cyprus consulate

Transcript below -
Vo- good morning

Me- good morning sir

Vo- why are u traveling to us and can I have your residence permit (which I gave to him )

Me- to visit my uncle and spend the Christmas holiday with him

Vo - how long have you been here

Me - 9months now

Vo- where does your uncle live in us and what do u do here in cy

Me- am a bsc student in c.s and my uncle lives in LA California ( he typed for some while)

Vo - how old are you

Me - 24

Vo - who pays your school fees here and who's sponsoring your trip

Me - my parents pays my tuitions and my uncle is sponsoring my trip to the us.

Vo -What does your parents do

Me- my dad's late and my mom is a trader

He brought a white paper of section 214b and said sorry u are not eligible for a us visa, u can apply later

I was very disappointed and felt depressed and he Neva asked for any documents apart from my residence card. Pls guys do advice, as a student I am here, my students recidence card should be my ties back. Pls advice cus I plan to reapply middle of dec

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pongwa(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
Capitalbase:

Bro, I am not completely hopeless on the matter. Although it seems like a tradition for PhD hopefuls to get their would be supervisors consent prior applications. However, I just did mine and allowed the supposed panel to sit on the matter and the outcome in God's hands. I believe this might be an undoing of some sort on my part. So I am only saying if the outcome does not favour me this time, I won't fail the next time if I still decide to tow the same path. Life is not completely meaningless here in the UK anyway.
Thanks.
we shall all be alright
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
For a government agency, you need a scholarship letter.

sockistical:
Good morning everyone,
I have RA with a 10,000 deficit. I work as a contract staff at a local government , can I use SOA from the local government. I have the SOA and a letter stating the commitment. Would it be difficult to sell to the VO that the local government is willing to support me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
ghettonews:

Eu Cyprus consulate

Transcript below -
Vo- good morning

Me- good morning sir

Vo- why are u traveling to us and can I have your residence permit (which I gave to him )

Me - 9months now

Me- am a bsc student in c.s and my uncle lives in LA California ( he typed for some while)

Vo - how old are you

Me - 24

Me - my parents pays my tuitions and my uncle is sponsoring my trip to the us.

Me- my dad's late and my mom is a trader

He brought a white paper of section 214b and said sorry u are not eligible for a us visa, u can apply later

I was very disappointed and felt depressed and he Neva asked for any documents apart from my residence card. Pls guys do advice, as a student I am here, my students recidence card should be my ties back. Pls advice cus I plan to reapply middle of dec

Your dad is late and your parents pay your tuition? How

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2022
Capitalbase:
Hi everybody,
Please, for those who are currently applying for PhD, did you have to email one of the faculty members whose research interests aligned with yours to facilitate your admission process. I applied for 3 PhD positions since September and this were open positions for Fall intake. However, I just felt like doing a follow up with graduate departments and one of the response I received seemed to suggest they are "ONLY" accepting those candidates whose "would be" mentors has approved for their applications to move to the next stage.

Best Regards

Like someone already mentioned, they may not admit you, even if they do, you would likely not getting any funding. I have been there. It’s not too late to apply to other schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollay09(m): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
resolution2020:

Okay. Did you do Transcript Evaluation? Because I saw it on the admission requirements that Transcript Evaluation is required
I guess this will be done after the app fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DaluO: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
Themmietee:
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ?

Keep checking for an early date, when you see, just reschedule your appointment. You might be lucky. Try not to log in more than 3 times a day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sweetvie: 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
ghettonews:

Eu Cyprus consulate

Transcript below -
Vo- good morning

Me- good morning sir

Me - 9months now

Vo - how old are you

Me - 24

Me - [/b]my parents pays my tuitions[b] and my uncle is sponsoring my trip to the us.

Me- [/b]my dad's late and my mom is a trader[b]

@bolded
That was your first and second mistake
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2022
hello everyone is a statement of 3 months interval ideal for an interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Guys, for schools that use last 60 credit hours for GPA requirement, do these include our research project and Industrial attachment credits?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
Capitalbase:
Hi everybody,

Best Regards

One of my applications is for a PhD program and I emailed the profs before applying, because it was advised on the school's website. However, up until now, no response from those people and the school will not let me rest from constantly bombarding me with emails about deadline and how all their profs have plenty extramural fundings. Of course, they want my application fee, I know. I asked an alumnus and she told me to email profs like I'd done, but if they don't answer me, I should still go ahead to apply because some of her friends succeeded that way. So I have done so...Whether it will bring out anything meaningful, me and her can't tell for sure, but I have sha applied to three other schools for masters, jejely.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by frakie: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
A friend was denied few hours ago.. he is going for masters and his program starts by January.

this is his transcript.
After biometric
V.O. Good morning
Friend: Good Morning Sir.
that useless bareheaded guy at usa lagos embassy
V.O: Why this university
Friend: start explaining
V.O: Cut him, and said you are not eligible, gave him a blue paper for refusal.

my question is how long does it take for someone to reapply again and his program start by january 2023

all the gurus in the house please help... i know say village people dey, but dem no reach in jesus name...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by uist: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
My sister got Approved F1 Visa this morning! Interview done in London UK

V.O. Good morning,
My sist: Good morning
V.O. Can I have your documents
My Sist. Gave him all the documents
V.O. Took biometric
My Sist. Went to sit
V.O. Called me again, why are you leaving UK
My Sist. To do my Masters in Public Health
V.O. You are a registered nurse with a good salary, why do you decide to do master
My Sist. I just need to upgrade
V.O. Why this University Sacred Heart University
My Sist. The research area of Pro Kevin Kessler interest my area of research and I will be opportune to work and be mentored under a renowned professor of Public Health ( Got this part from Nairaland from someone transcript)
V.O. Who is your sponsor
My Sist. My mom
V.O. She lives in the US?
My Sist. No in Nigeria
V.O. How did you come to the UK?
My Sist. I came through work visa
V.O. Enjoy your stay in the US, your visa will be ready in 3-5 days.

My sister came to the UK January 2022 this year as a nurse. All thanks to God, for those living in the UK, you can get F1 visa, saw many Asians and Indians were also approved F1 visa today! All the best

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Capitalbase: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Dreamsss:

One of my applications is for a PhD program and I emailed the profs before applying, because it was advised on the school's website. However, up until now, no response from those people and the school will not let me rest from constantly bombarding me with emails about deadline and how all their profs have plenty extramural fundings. Of course, they want my application fee, I know. I asked an alumni and she told me to email profs like I'd done, but if they don't answer me, I should still go ahead to apply because some of her friends succeeded that way. So I have done so...Whether it will bring out anything meaningful, me and her can't tell for sure, but I have sha applied to three other schools for masters, jejely.

That's a good move my friend. One thing I am certain of is that we will all get to where we are destined to be. I did email some Professors yesterday but I am yet to receive any response. Notwithstanding, I have done the applications and can't take them back. I also paid application fees complete. So whatever the outcome is, we move. Just be hopeful, I am sure you will be alright.
Cheers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Moshkom. How have you been
Moshkom:
USA is interesting
They leave everything vague and open ended making it very difficult to crack.

Choose your evil. Visa ranking schools, Full funding, Mpower, Father, sibling sponsors anything.

Many people have gotten their visa approved with different packages. There is no golden rule here.

I would advice you leave what is not in your control and focus on what is in your control.

1) Boost your confidence level
2) Get into a good school
3) Try as much as possible to get funding (This isn't just for visa sake, but for convenience and peace in the USA)
4) Avoid student loan at all cost if you can. ( Graduating without debt feel a lot better than the burden of loan repayment + immigration status + getting a job.
5) Have a good game plan- get as many info as you can on where you are headed.
6) Spread your application. Be open minded. Don't just fall in love with any school there are always better options.
7) Dont rush!

- OMOGBOLAHAN of B2G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
Are you a graduate student coming to Marshall University Huntington West Virginia in January 2023? This is for you

Good Morning, students,

Our GA tutoring positions have posted! We are looking to fill 6 spots, preferably with 1-2 good students who are versed in engineering, science, and math courses. Here is the posting link!

https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/21130

20 hours/week

$11/hour

70% tuition waiver

You can find other positions at

https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=&query_v0_posted_at_date=&query_position_type_id%5B%5D=6&commit=Search

Thank you,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Somatohadidas(m), DNA07 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.