Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,188 members, 7,835,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (703515 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okwandufaustina: 6:22am On Nov 27, 2022
NightCyrax:

Since you got admitted recently, I think you needn't to have requested an expedited appointment in the first place. This week has been a downpour of dates in Lagos.

I would advise you keep calm A BIT. Be on the look out and see what the coming week has on appointments.

PLS house i need help, my expedient visa interview was denied in abuja consulate...what do i do, i am supposed to resume by 9th of January and i heard the expedient request is just once. Do i need to pay another mrv fee if i want to try in lagos? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okwandufaustina: 6:24am On Nov 27, 2022
Who knows if Abuja consulate is opened...let me know if thats the reason for my expedient visa denial
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghiloman28(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2022
When is your session expected to resume ?
Themmietee:
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Noraht: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2022
If you've just been admitted, did you get the I-20 immediately? Or you applied for Visa without waiting for your I-20?
Themmietee:
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghiloman28(m): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2022
2 Walter Carrington Cres, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos. Best of luck to you

Oabayomi24:
Hello everyone. Thanks for your assistance so far.

Please can anyone help me with how to locate US consulate office in VI here in Lagos? I have not been there before, I will be having my interview this week.

Thanks �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2022
realogk:

God and Confidence.

E get one guy wey them ask am
"What have u been doing since 2020"

Baba talk say "School has been on strike"

People just dey laugh am for queue.
Haven't gone for an interview yet but why will people on the queue be hearing what you say...

What if you're shy embarassed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oabayomi24(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2022
ghiloman28:
2 Walter Carrington Cres, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos. Best of luck to you

Thanks for the response. But I have this address already. My question is that, if I take a bus going to VI where should I alight? Since I have not been there before, will I need to ask people at the bus stop for “ Walter Carrington Cres?
Thanks for your response in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rextonMD: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
Oabayomi24:

Thanks for the response. But I have this address already. My question is that, if I take a bus going to VI where should I alight? Since I have not been there before, will I need to ask people at the bus stop for “ Walter Carrington Cres?

Why don't you just take a bolt ride from wherever on the island to the consulate office?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by thebabiebird: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good day everyone, please I have my interview in 3 days and I just realized that I made a mistake on the DS160. My sponsor is my father,but I had filled Friend with my father’s details. Is there any way I could correct this? I know this is silly but I need help. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
thebabiebird:
Good day everyone, please I have my interview in 3 days and I just realized that I made a mistake on the DS160. My sponsor is my father,but I had filled Friend with my father’s details. Is there any way I could correct this? I know this is silly but I need help. Thank you.
you need to change it 48hours before your interview before it can reflect but you will still need to get your confirmation changed to match the new code .use the same application and choose the create a new application option

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by thebabiebird: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jojoarmani101:
you need to change it 48hours before your interview before it can reflect but you will still need to get your confirmation changed to match the new code .use the same application and choose the create a new application option
Thank you. I’ll do this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghiloman28(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Have always been driving down I don’t have ideal of bustop close or around there but I think you can just take bolt anywhere from the island or take Eko hotel bus and tell the conductor where you going.
Oabayomi24:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rafiat001: 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
hello every one , i am presently in the uk and i want to go for my masters in the USA on fully funded scholarship , how do i go about it . all seems new and strange . i am not a british citizen o , na naija i be o . can any GOD sent person put me through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Rafiat001:
hello every one , i am presently in the uk and i want to go for my masters in the USA on fully funded scholarship , how do i go about it . all seems new and strange . i am not a british citizen o , na naija i be o . can any GOD sent person put me through

why u wan leave UK lol

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rafiat001: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
nothing much , just my choice anyway
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okwandufaustina: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
okwandufaustina:

PLS house i need help, my expedient visa interview was denied in abuja consulate...what do i do, i am supposed to resume by 9th of January and i heard the expedient request is just once. Do i need to pay another mrv fee if i want to try in lagos? Thanks
Someone should answer me pls, i need this urgently. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
I applied for visa after getting my 1-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
Earliest date is dec 11 but lectures start by Jan 16th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2022
Rafiat001:
Contact EducationUSA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kelgabriel5(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
realogk:
MODIFIED-

There's this particular guy in today's interv, a VO, he denied everyone who came his way.

Laugh wan finish me , he looked at me far away, smiled and started to drink water like a bad boy.

Laugh wan finish me but I just boned.

He went to restock on his blue paper because the one he had had finished.

If na that guy Interview you, your own don finish .
grin

One man with family of 5 wey sha dey explain say he don travel over 20 times to and fro self chop am.

Today brutal, very brutal.
I no wan sabi the English u wan speak, or the school you graduated from. I no wan sabi your papa or mama. If you like dey look like say e sure for you, nothing nothing nothing.

I pity who no get plan B for travel plan.
I pitied alot of people today.

.saw a guy that said he stabbed his exam today from another state just to pass his interview , omo denied.
I felt so sorry for him.

Like I literally heard some answers some people gave these VO, omo people were so so right.
Those VO wey don high. LOL

I felt sorry for alot of people I saw the pain in their eye

If u like wear suit like mumu make Heat kill you, if u like wear round neck, na u sabi.
.the first girl they gave Visa wore a designer jumpsuit.

Second girl wore one tiny top ontop Jean( around 21 or so , i mean her age, I saw how she was doing , very smart and composed , I saw her outside jumping into her mom's hand , wasnt surprised lol)

Did I get it too? Or did i not ?
That one no be your own to know.

Bye Nairaland
I think you got, I also saw the dude on the day thank God I did not join his line grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
The expedited appointment is not showing again on my portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krissconnect(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
get2kunle:
you might still get interview date for December, Keep checking everyday..
I pray so bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eniola1010(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hello all. Matured advice needed.
I live in uk. I have msc and bsc.
I want to go to usa through either school or employment.
Lot of people say it is difficult to go to usa from uk thru employment that my best option is sch.

I dont have much to pay for another mba or msc.
Can i opt for college (polytechnic or vocational institutions) since those are more cheaper? I wont mention that i have msc.

My fear now is wont they say since i have bsc why am i going for a lower academic trajectory. That why go for poly wen i can do msc?
However, my excuse will be to tell them that i want an hands on deck academic experience with hardcore teachings which poly offers over uni.

So what do u guys think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ? Do you think I should get a new mrv fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themmietee: 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
Najdorf:

Haven't gone for an interview yet but why will people on the queue be hearing what you say...

What if you're shy embarassed?

Please , dont let them notice this. And dont even be.
You go loose focus and start mumbling words.

Be very confident , they aren't gods.
Them no even reach!!!

That fine blue paper no dey finish o grin
Be smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kelgabriel5:

I think you got, I also saw the dude on the day thank God I did not join his line grin

That madman interviewed you ?
Which soap u use bath ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 12:24am On Nov 28, 2022
eniola1010:
Lot of people say it is difficult to go to usa from uk thru employment that my best option is sch.

Can i opt for college (polytechnic or vocational institutions) since those are more cheaper? I wont mention that i have msc.

My fear now is wont they say since i have bsc why am i going for a lower academic trajectory. That why go for poly wen i can do msc?
However, my excuse will be to tell them that i want an hands on deck academic experience with hardcore teachings which poly offers over uni.

So what do u guys think?

Most PhDs are fully funded- Tuition, health insurance , living expenses fully covered. You should consider a PhD .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hammed71(m): 1:06am On Nov 28, 2022
why are some people trying to move into the usa from the uk, is it lack of employment opportunities or what, I don't understand

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rafiat001: 2:00am On Nov 28, 2022
Najdorf:

Contact EducationUSA
how do I contact them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rafiat001: 2:04am On Nov 28, 2022
eniola1010:

Can i opt for college (polytechnic or vocational institutions) since those are more cheaper? I wont mention that i have msc. Hi eniola, can I reach out to you

So what do u guys think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (542) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.