Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (678992 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
Linccoln:

You can say your uncle sees training you as a way of paying back to your parent, since your parents trained him too.

or Your uncle has been part of your success from primary school and he always want to see you succeed. You might have other reasons . . .

Thank you very much, I intend using the latter one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
oooh I get you now

nicestlady:
I mean converting the application. Not the visa. Like filling a new DS 160 form before the interview date to change from B1B2 to F1 application. Is it possible?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
there are a lot of transcripts here only if you can start reading from the beginning

EbenezerAyomide:
Good evening everyone
Please I need help on interview transcript
Bs in information science
Msu moorhead.
I'm new here..
Please I need a mentor �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
Go with your birth records from the hospital and pictures of her at different ages to show the progression

If I may ask what happened to the current one you have? also who asked you to and why?

Poetchi:
Hello house,
We've been asked to authenticate my daughters USA Birth certificate. We need it like yesterday but appointment available in US embassy is only in January. Pls can anyone advise how else we can get her birth cert authenticated quickly?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Johnsonxxseun: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello guys, I’m suppose to resume for my masters by January 2023 in US, when I booked an appointment my interview date was July 2023 then I applied for emergency appointment but have not been seeing any closer date. Please is there any WhatsApp group I can be added to get update on closer date ? I have 2 days left to book my emergency appointment. I need help pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Johnsonxxseun: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
adigunjale420:
Hello everyonr, Im new here. My visa for F1 interview got denied. And I need clarity on where I fumbled.
My interview (EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT) was on the 15th of November, 2022, Lagos.

VO: Why are you going to the US/
ME: To pursue my master's (Engineering Operations Management) in Bleep school.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle

VO: What does he do?
ME: HE imports and distributes so, so and so. (I was this brief)

VO: Did you apply to any other school?
ME: yeah, Bleep Business school

VO; Why didn't you go?
ME: The fees were too expensive for me.

VO: What do you do for a living?
ME: I'm a graphic artist (I was being honest)

VO: What does your uncle do again?
ME: HE imports and distributes so, so and so. (I was this brief)

VO: Hands over blue color paper (VISA DENIED)

ME: Asked her what was wrong, she said I should check more on their website

Please how can I fix this? I know I can reapply; what do you advise? I'm to resume in Jan 2023.

Hello guys, I’m suppose to resume for my masters by January 2023 in US, when I booked an appointment my interview date was July 2023 then I applied for emergency appointment but have not been seeing any closer date. Please is there any WhatsApp group I can be added to get update on closer date ? I have 2 days left to book my emergency appointment. I need help pls

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by okwandufaustina: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello folks, i heard abuja embassy is now open. Any confirmation to this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Stackdeep90: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EbenezerAyomide: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello everyone
Please can someone help me to provide the best answer to this question
What is the answer to dis qn:will u be working when u start schooling in the us?
Thanks in advance �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by xxxscholar: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
EbenezerAyomide:
Hello everyone
What is the answer to dis qn:will u be working when u start schooling in the us?
Thanks in advance �

You can only work in the school as an F1 visa holder.

You cant work outside the school. Let this guide your response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FineDragon(m): 3:48am On Dec 14, 2022
Please help me house, I'm looking on how to get sevis payment sorted so as to be able to request for EA, please how do I go about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JulianaOmowumi: 5:27am On Dec 14, 2022
Good day Everyone
I am new here and looking to get a community of people that I can share ideas with or interact with on US visa related issues.
I wouldn't even mind a community I could join.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 6:09am On Dec 14, 2022
EbenezerAyomide:
Hello everyone
Thanks in advance �

The answer is always no.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by xxxscholar: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2022
If you have yet to pay your SEVIS fee, you can send me a PM. I will make the payment on your behalf.

You will pay me the equivalent plus my service fee in Naira after getting confirmation of the SEVIS payment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Capsy121: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2022
Ajoself:

Reset your password. If that doesn't resolve the issue call us embassy, they would refresh your portal.

Good morning y’all pls I need help!!! I applied for emergency interview and it was granted….I was sent a link to click from 13-19 of dis month to get a date….the person helping me out click on a wrong date Jan 18 2024 and I am to resume Jan 23 2023…. Pls can I still reschedule and pls the date i am seeing is still in 2024 I have less than 4days pls wat can I do at dis point cos nothing was updated no new date nothing at all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felixnyle: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Please does anyone here have the link to Mr Yusuff GRE group on Telegram?If yes kindly send it to me.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
This is the community you seek
JulianaOmowumi:
Good day Everyone
I am new here and looking to get a community of people that I can share ideas with or interact with on US visa related issues.
I wouldn't even mind a community I could join.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Iteegoafrica(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
kiss[color=#990000][/color]
graceyg:
I wish you the best, please how did you get a date in December,we are yet to get a date and school resumes in January. Please help quote author=Cent4190 post=118964503]I will be having my interview on the 20. Please if you have any group for interactive questions do well to add me up. You can also share your experiences with me
Thanks, wish me luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Iteegoafrica(m): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Please why is it that my reply dont show here...New to Niaraland
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
Omoooooooooooooooooo

My visa got rejected o, at the Abuja embassy, the VO was a lady one whitish thing like that. She had a bright smile and fine face but na snake.

Our convo goes thus:

VO : Hi good morning

ME: GOOD MORNING how are you doing (me trying to use my Barry tone voice)

VO: Very fine thank you, Can I see your documents ( I hand over i20 and passport).

VO: So you are going to Wayne County Community college DISTRICT.

ME: Yes I am, I got admitted to study business administration and management on a 2 year associate degree program. ( see how detailed I was)

VO: Who is your sponsor

ME: My sponsor is my uncle Mr bla bla bla

VO: What does he.do for a living

ME: In my mind, He is a kidnapper (lol) he is into business and he is a pastor.

VO: Okay why do you want to study in the USA..

ME: Ghen ghen (Omoooooooooooooooooo again)
I intend to study in the USA to harness the skills and knowledge the vast experience of the lecturers of this great college would impact in me and use my learned skill and degree to use it to work back here in Nigeria at the end of my program. Chikena

All this time she was nodding her head in some form of agreement...

VO: Okay what do you do for a living

ME: Again in my mind (I am a drug peddler) oloshi
I work as dis and dat at my uncles company, now I noticed when she asked this question she leaned towards the glass to kind of like hear me well, like she wanted to get a kiss or something. Me too leaned forward almost closed my eyes that I was about to break the record of the first Nigerian guy to kiss a consulate during interview and get accepted (lol)

Omo na so this white babe type type type, like 30 seconds me I was already happy small small that at least this time my interview lasted a little longer than the previous one, (that first one ehn na 20.secs I swear)

Omo.next thing wey I hear na say, sorry I can't grant your visa as there hasn't been much changes since your last application, This was 7 months ago (I think the reason they put glass between the VO and us is that incase we wan tear them slap). I was looking like a flying fish, just turned around said thank you and left.

My observation is that
1. That Abuja consular is less crowded compared to Lagos.
2. The whole process is well organised
3. The visa officers are more patient compared to Lagos ones.
4. But na oloshi be American embassy, they waste your time and efforts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Stackdeep90: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Observations:

1) you are so quick to elaborate on the first question. so you are going to Bleep county but did not provide more details in an arguably more important question, source of your sponsors wealth. What type of business? And how is being a pastor a source of wealth? (Well I know it is but not everyone understands it that way).

2) Your point on why you wanna study in the US? Could also hold true if you study in Nigeria or any other country. You will still harness the skills and knowledge of the vast experience of the lecturers, so why is US special enough to spend $Bleep on your degree?

3) On her last question, she leaned closer to hear you clearly, do you think she did that because she was finding it difficult to understand your Barry tone voice? Maybe there is a disconnect between what you saying and what she think she's hearing?

My thought:

1) I know nothing:
2) They are in our land and the ones with an accent not us, it's okay to talk the way you do, not necessary to fake an accent or fine tune.
3) Elaborate more on your uncle source of income, and get a unique answer to why study in the US. I'm sure she has heard the same answer a million times already.
4) I understand the humor in your post but the insult a little bit too much?
5) Try again, 3rd time will be the charm.

Thanks,
A random nairalander

Kiddyong123ayo:
Omoooooooooooooooooo

My visa got rejected o, at the Abuja embassy, the VO was a lady one whitish thing like that. She had a bright smile and fine face but na snake.

Our convo goes thus:

VO: Very fine thank you, Can I see your documents ( I hand over i20 and passport).

ME: Yes I am, I got admitted to study business administration and management on a 2 year associate degree program. ( see how detailed I was)

I intend to study in the USA to harness the skills and knowledge the vast experience of the lecturers of this great college would impact in me and use my learned skill and degree to use it to work back here in Nigeria at the end of my program. Chikena

I work as dis and dat at my uncles company, now I noticed when she asked this question she leaned towards the glass to kind of like hear me well, like she wanted to get a kiss or something. Me too leaned forward almost closed my eyes that I was about to break the record of the first Nigerian guy to kiss a consulate during interview and get accepted (lol)

Omo na so this white babe type type type, like 30 seconds me I was already happy small small that at least this time my interview lasted a little longer than the previous one, (that first one ehn na 20.secs I swear)

Omo.next thing wey I hear na say, sorry I can't grant your visa as there hasn't been much changes since your last application, This was 7 months ago (I think the reason they put glass between the VO and us is that incase we wan tear them slap). I was looking like a flying fish, just turned around said thank you and left.

My observation is that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tehilla23: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
I need your help guys,
One of my recommenders (,the only professor)has issues with his official email address and the application deadline is this week.I messaged the post graduate college and my department to know if he can use his personal mail but I didn't receive any response.

Do you suggest he uses is personal mail? will that affect my chances since the letter is on a letter headed paper.

Also,if one submit more than the required no of recommenders, will it be an issue?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cessnk: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hi I am applying for f2 for my daughter as a single mum but I told the officer that she will be with her dad .What reason can I give if I am ask why do I want to take her back with me ?she is 4
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lasisieniola77(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
I am having the same problem as yours but mine is that my recommender has refused to send in the letters and tomorrow is deadline so i messaged the coordinator for an extension and they said i can submit within a week. So i would suggest you wait for a response and if you didn't get before the deadline you can submit your application and send a mail to the coordinator
Tehilla23:
I need your help guys,
One of my recommenders (,the only professor)has issues with his official email address and the application deadline is this week.I messaged the post graduate college and my department to know if he can use his personal mail but I didn't receive any response.

Do you suggest he uses is personal mail? will that affect my chances since the letter is on a letter headed paper.

Also,if one submit more than the required no of recommenders, will it be an issue?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bro even if na me be this visa officer, I go also deny you. Your answers are vague even though you thought they were fly.

Red flags.
1) Community college not university.
2) business administration can be studied anywhere bro.
3) does your uncle not have family to spend his money on? What’s his benefit of sponsoring his nephew? Also his source of income lacks merit. Anyone can be a business man. Even keke na business.
4) you didn’t explain your work situation properly.
5) you must been inaudible for her to lean forward. Maybe she thought you weren’t confident in your response.
Try better next time.
Kiddyong123ayo:
Omoooooooooooooooooo

Our convo goes thus:

My observation is that

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by holluville: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
Tehilla23:
I need your help guys,

Thanks

Tell him to write on a letterheaded sheet( the University here), put his contact details(official email inclusive) with appended signature.. let him scan and send to your intended institution( graduate school email). This should suffice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ajoself(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
Omoooooooooooooooooo

Our convo goes thus:

My observation is that
Is Abuja embassy opened?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
BIGSAM24:
Good afternoon everyone, please I want to know how will they write me an invitation from the USA for easy approval,knowing fully well that USA has there way of doing things. Have been denied before that's 2019. But right now am a staff with dangote and I want to use them for applications.just want to know how will the invitation letter be written to me. Thanks everyone for your advice.
Dangote Cement??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ajoself(m): 10:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
NLanders no longer answer questions again unless it is on the front page. Pls IS ABUJA EMBASSY open?

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (530) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.