Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686850 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
Omoooooooooooooooooo

My visa got rejected o, at the Abuja embassy, the VO was a lady one whitish thing like that. She had a bright smile and fine face but na snake.

Our convo goes thus:

VO : Hi good morning

ME: GOOD MORNING how are you doing (me trying to use my Barry tone voice)

VO: Very fine thank you, Can I see your documents ( I hand over i20 and passport).

VO: So you are going to Wayne County Community college DISTRICT.

ME: Yes I am, I got admitted to study business administration and management on a 2 year associate degree program. ( see how detailed I was)

VO: Who is your sponsor

ME: My sponsor is my uncle Mr bla bla bla

VO: What does he.do for a living

ME: In my mind, He is a kidnapper (lol) he is into business and he is a pastor.

VO: Okay why do you want to study in the USA..

ME: Ghen ghen (Omoooooooooooooooooo again)
I intend to study in the USA to harness the skills and knowledge the vast experience of the lecturers of this great college would impact in me and use my learned skill and degree to use it to work back here in Nigeria at the end of my program. Chikena

All this time she was nodding her head in some form of agreement...

VO: Okay what do you do for a living

ME: Again in my mind (I am a drug peddler) oloshi
I work as dis and dat at my uncles company, now I noticed when she asked this question she leaned towards the glass to kind of like hear me well, like she wanted to get a kiss or something. Me too leaned forward almost closed my eyes that I was about to break the record of the first Nigerian guy to kiss a consulate during interview and get accepted (lol)

Omo na so this white babe type type type, like 30 seconds me I was already happy small small that at least this time my interview lasted a little longer than the previous one, (that first one ehn na 20.secs I swear)

Omo.next thing wey I hear na say, sorry I can't grant your visa as there hasn't been much changes since your last application, This was 7 months ago (I think the reason they put glass between the VO and us is that incase we wan tear them slap). I was looking like a flying fish, just turned around said thank you and left.

My observation is that
1. That Abuja consular is less crowded compared to Lagos.
2. The whole process is well organised
3. The visa officers are more patient compared to Lagos ones.
4. But na oloshi be American embassy, they waste your time and efforts.

Barely reading your transcripts, (your responses, sponsor, school - too many red flags), shows you don’t seem ready to get the visa yet! Your answers are shallow, and I’m sure you know that. Your 4th observation: Insulting the embassy would not change their decision. You need them more than they need you.
Work more on your answers if you intend to try again. People have gotten their visas after numerous trials. VOs are trained to do what they do; they don’t waste your time and efforts! People have quit their jobs to focus on this process, people have also dedicated resources for this because it’s an investment worth every penny!
You’ll only be wasting your time and effort if you don’t take this whole process seriously as it should.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2022
Tehilla23:
I need your help guys,
One of my recommenders (,the only professor)has issues with his official email address and the application deadline is this week.I messaged the post graduate college and my department to know if he can use his personal mail but I didn't receive any response.

Do you suggest he uses is personal mail? will that affect my chances since the letter is on a letter headed paper.

Also,if one submit more than the required no of recommenders, will it be an issue?
Thanks

Personal mails are allowed at the the discretion of the school. Always preferred to use schools mail domain.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
CalmKay:
Please guys, i submitted 6 PhD applications for fall 2023. I want to know if it is advisable to pay for MRV form so as to get a suitable interview date for fall admission.

Yes you can and yes you should.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
Good morning house.. What is the best answer to this question if asked by the VO.

why does your uncle want to sponsor you to the USA?
Incase of I am asked by the VISA OFFICEER.

See this question as the VO asking you; What’s good about you that someone asides your direct relative will be willing to spend thousands of dollars. You could answer this question in two ways; 1. Out of Sympathy/empathy 2. Your past academic excellence/acumen.

For the first, it could be his way of showing appreciation to the family/or you lost your mum/dad and he’s been your support ever since. Frame it in that way; you don’t have to lie just be convincing.

Secondly, if you have very outstanding academic achievement then you can fish it into the conversation, after all everyone wants to be associated with a success story.
I can’t give you verbatim all you should say but the above can guide your conversation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2022
Also I noticed most of the questions some people ask here have already been answered numerous times on this thread. So it’s advised to do your due diligence by always reading through the US visa thread before asking questions.
Every knowledge I have today about this US-F1 visa thingy mostly came from here/people’s experiences. I read from the first thread since 2015. Before understanding the rudiments of this whole process. So it can be you.
Happy holidays everyone. To those waiting for dates, stay hopeful and vigilant. To those whose interview dates are approaching and you’re scared with the “what-ifs and what’s not” I advice you continuously prepare, hopefully you get your visa granted.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nostradamus1: 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
Omoooooooooooooooooo

My visa got rejected o, at the Abuja embassy, the VO was a lady one whitish thing like that. She had a bright smile and fine face but na snake.

Our convo goes thus:

VO : Hi good morning

ME: GOOD MORNING how are you doing (me trying to use my Barry tone voice)

VO: Very fine thank you, Can I see your documents ( I hand over i20 and passport).

VO: So you are going to Wayne County Community college DISTRICT.

ME: Yes I am, I got admitted to study business administration and management on a 2 year associate degree program. ( see how detailed I was)

VO: Who is your sponsor

ME: My sponsor is my uncle Mr bla bla bla

VO: What does he.do for a living

ME: In my mind, He is a kidnapper (lol) he is into business and he is a pastor.

VO: Okay why do you want to study in the USA..

ME: Ghen ghen (Omoooooooooooooooooo again)
I intend to study in the USA to harness the skills and knowledge the vast experience of the lecturers of this great college would impact in me and use my learned skill and degree to use it to work back here in Nigeria at the end of my program. Chikena

All this time she was nodding her head in some form of agreement...

VO: Okay what do you do for a living

ME: Again in my mind (I am a drug peddler) oloshi
I work as dis and dat at my uncles company, now I noticed when she asked this question she leaned towards the glass to kind of like hear me well, like she wanted to get a kiss or something. Me too leaned forward almost closed my eyes that I was about to break the record of the first Nigerian guy to kiss a consulate during interview and get accepted (lol)

Omo na so this white babe type type type, like 30 seconds me I was already happy small small that at least this time my interview lasted a little longer than the previous one, (that first one ehn na 20.secs I swear)

Omo.next thing wey I hear na say, sorry I can't grant your visa as there hasn't been much changes since your last application, This was 7 months ago (I think the reason they put glass between the VO and us is that incase we wan tear them slap). I was looking like a flying fish, just turned around said thank you and left.

My observation is that
1. That Abuja consular is less crowded compared to Lagos.
2. The whole process is well organised
3. The visa officers are more patient compared to Lagos ones.
4. But na oloshi be American embassy, they waste your time and efforts.
Your information is incomplete for anyone to make a correct full observation. While I understand injecting humor into your transcript, it waters down the interview for us that weren't present.

Is this your first degree?If not, you have an issue. You are literally going to a US version of Polytechnic (I mean an ND kind of program) for a second degree. Your Uncle is also going to pay for this program that is worth less than a bachelor's degree at a price that can get a good BSC and MA in Nigeria (This is probably why the VO asked why you want to study in the US.)

In the end, the VO doesn't waste your efforts but judge them as humans within a time frame (most interviews are within 5 minutes.)
You have to convince them that you are a
genuine student and I don't think you did that.It would be better if you can jettison that Community college.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 12:41am On Dec 15, 2022
Michigan Technological University are just stingy with fundings. Tueh!!
I got two offers of admission in Chemical and environmental engineering for fall 2023, and none of them came with fundings!

When I emailed one of the directors of the programs, I got the reply below �

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 12:45am On Dec 15, 2022
NigPatriot:

What if he didn't eventually get any offer of admission from any them, what would happen to the fee??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:40am On Dec 15, 2022
Replace this person naa.
Tehilla23:
I need your help guys,
One of my recommenders (,the only professor)has issues with his official email address and the application deadline is this week.I messaged the post graduate college and my department to know if he can use his personal mail but I didn't receive any response.

Do you suggest he uses is personal mail? will that affect my chances since the letter is on a letter headed paper.

Also,if one submit more than the required no of recommenders, will it be an issue?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:41am On Dec 15, 2022
Change them
Lasisieniola77:
I am having the same problem as yours but mine is that my recommender has refused to send in the letters and tomorrow is deadline so i messaged the coordinator for an extension and they said i can submit within a week. So i would suggest you wait for a response and if you didn't get before the deadline you can submit your application and send a mail to the coordinator
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:54am On Dec 15, 2022
Many schools do not give funding at MS however you can get GA.

vicdom:
I got two offers of admission in Chemical and environmental engineering for fall 2023, and none of them came with fundings!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tellbiodun(f): 4:24am On Dec 15, 2022
Hello house, please I need some kind of assistance with my application process. To start with I am applying for a PhD in Mass Communication or Communication Arts/Studies. Can someone share a list of schools that I can apply to for fall 2023 with full funding.

Also, can I use a statement of result in place of transcript. Unilag is unable to give me a student copy of my Masters transcript because of my matric year (2008). They asked that I present a school that it will be sent to and I do not have one for now. The next option is the statement which contains basically same thing. I have a copy of my undergraduate transcript though.

Lastly, is it possible to get a kind of hand holding service through the application and visa process? My target is still fall 2023. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BunmiBie: 4:52am On Dec 15, 2022
vicdom:

No vex, some schools don't fund masters students..
Apply to other schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BunmiBie: 4:55am On Dec 15, 2022
tellbiodun:
Hello house, please I need some kind of assistance with my application process. To start with I am applying for a PhD in Mass Communication or Communication Arts/Studies. Can someone share a list of schools that I can apply to for fall 2023 with full funding.

Also, can I use a statement of result in place of transcript. Unilag is unable to give me a student copy of my Masters transcript because of my matric year (2008). They asked that I present a school that it will be sent to and I do not have one for now. The next option is the statement which contains basically same thing. I have a copy of my undergraduate transcript though.

Lastly, is it possible to get a kind of hand holding service through the application and visa process? My target is still fall 2023. Thank you.

Check Texas Tech university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2022
What if the person has paid huge money
chibertha:
Change them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by donfelix4sure(m): 7:55am On Dec 15, 2022
NigPatriot:

I am new here. I have put in about 3 applications for MSc 2023 Fall and hoping something good comes out. I am trying to read through previous posts.
What is MRV form please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shams040(m): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2022
vicdom:

No they are not stingy when you are funded. You get 8000 + per term and full health insurance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2022
Pls I need your help guys . Emergency was denied , I bought a new mrv fee to access the emergency appointment slot again and I don’t know how to input it on my profile . Will I have to fill a new ds160 form again ? Please it’s urgent guys , pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 15, 2022
Jaaj:
Pls I need your help guys . Emergency was denied , I bought a new mrv fee and I don’t know how to input it on my profile . Will I have to fill a new ds160 form again ? Please it’s urgent guys , pls

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2022
NigPatriot:

Barely reading your transcripts, (your responses, sponsor, school - too many red flags), shows you don’t seem ready to get the visa yet! Your answers are shallow, and I’m sure you know that. Your 4th observation: Insulting the embassy would not change their decision. You need them more than they need you.
Work more on your answers if you intend to try again. People have gotten their visas after numerous trials. VOs are trained to do what they do; they don’t waste your time and efforts! People have quit their jobs to focus on this process, people have also dedicated resources for this because it’s an investment worth every penny!
You’ll only be wasting your time and effort if you don’t take this whole process seriously as it should.

Okay I may not have put everything in details, I just tried to remember the basics, but omo this people don't rate we Nigerians at all, there is this feeling you get when you are being interviewed.

They just glide through you and the next person, next person again, like I don't get to be in front of a VO for an interview , it cost so much money, so fucking much and not everyone is privileged to have such money talk less of investing it in schooling abroad, now I want to school abroad, gotten the admission(which is supposed to be the most difficult part) you just reject and reject over and over again, not just me but applicants before me... And some after me.
There has to be an investigation into this people because I just see this as a fraud scheme, how can someone be spending money on their future and at the whole end it is a game of luck between you and your star.
I am never trying ths USA EMBASSY again, just some frauds, if they don't want Nigerians in their country, simply close your border to us, rather than receiving applications and just judging the applicant on the spot from what you feel.
Haa this one pain me o, and I will never forget it. If not that this country is bleeped up, why will I go to a stupid embassy of a fucking country that is bleeped as Bleep... Nonsense

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:

Okay I may not have put everything in details, I just tried to remember the basics, but omo this people don't rate we Nigerians at all, there is this feeling you get when you are being interviewed.

They just glide through you and the next person, next person again, like I don't get to be in front of a VO for an interview , it cost so much money, so fucking much and not everyone is privileged to have such money talk less of investing it in schooling abroad, now I want to school abroad, gotten the admission(which is supposed to be the most difficult part) you just reject and reject over and over again, not just me but applicants before me... And some after me.
There has to be an investigation into this people because I just see this as a fraud scheme, how can someone be spending money on their future and at the whole end it is a game of luck between you and your star.
I am never trying ths USA EMBASSY again, just some frauds, if they don't want Nigerians in their country, simply close your border to us, rather than receiving applications and just judging the applicant on the spot from what you feel.
Haa this one pain me o, and I will never forget it. If not that this country is bleeped up, why will I go to a stupid embassy of a fucking country that is bleeped as Bleep... Nonsense

I understand how you feel about this, and one thing you should know is that the outcome of an F1 Visa doesn't necessarily determine whether you're going to do fine in life or not. It's just what it is;a student visa .

However, one thing I want to say is that the officers are trained to quickly look at applications and make decisions within a very short time frame. Contrary to what most people will tell you that the outcome of your F1 Visa has been determined before you appear just From your submitted DS 160. No. Officers don't take a look at your files before you appear for the interview as they have so many interview to grant on a daily basis.

But your DS 160 should be packaged with good information that are only beneficial to your case. What happen in an F1 Visa interview is that The officer scan your passport as you present yourself and the information on you DS 160 will appear right there. He pays close attention to what is in front of him than what you say sometimes. He looks for discrepancies in what you're saying and what you fill on your DS 160. You might've filled an information that revealed that you have nobody in the US. He'll ask questions relating to that and decide to serve rejection if what you say doesn't tally.

Also, try as much as possible to go for the interview with credible schools and colleges. Someone that already has BSC in Nigeria and now going to a community college in the US will appear somehow. People in such cases have been granted visa and most were not.

Lastly, the outcome of visa interview is still subjected to the interviewers discretion. And for the most part,interviewers have denied visa for no reasons.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2022
tellbiodun:

If you're thinking about Fall 23,you should be deciding on how to package your application by now. Most schools decide on Fall admission by February, some in January and some have even decided. If you're considering Fall 23,try and send your application before January so you can have chance to get scholarships or funding. But if your transcript isn't ready at this time, consider spring application. Most schools that admit for spring open application around May/June/July.

If by statement of results, you mean the equivalent of a certificate? No you can't use that. You need transcript that detailed your course by courses modules and their ascribed grades. US schools doesn't even need certificate. Transcript is very very important.

In case you want schools that admit for spring, I might be able to offer help on that for people in STEM but just not for your kind of degree

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hammed71(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:

bro calm down and reapply again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vicdom(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2022
shams040:

No they are not stingy when you are funded. You get 8000 + per term and full health insurance.
But I was not given nah. She (the director) even said in the mail that they are not funding MS students. I have quickly applied for PhD and see if they will give me fundings.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emperorshegxy: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2022
Themmietee:
Please , I have just been admitted to the university of new haven for my masters which I am supposed to resume on the 10th of January 2023 but my appointment date is in august 2023, I requested for an expedited visa appointment but I was denied.. please what can I do ?

I just got admitted too, can you tell me how you go about it please �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emperorshegxy: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2022
I just got admitted into University of New Haven, I need connect with anybody in this school please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by brighttech95(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2022
Pls who got admission to university of Massachusetts Lowell for fall 2023, I have message them about funding and haven't heard from them for a few days now......

Really need to know if there is funding available or not
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
Money for reference ooh come off it.
This is something your friends can do for you without looking back naa.

Sisib15:
What if the person has paid huge money
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sincerely, the lecturer collected huge amount of money like 45k yet he has not send the reference letter
chibertha:
Money for reference ooh come off it.
This is something your friends can do for you without looking back naa.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Capitalbase: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Rdfactor:

If you're thinking about Fall 23,you should be deciding on how to package your application by now. Most schools decide on Fall admission by February, some in January and some have even decided. If you're considering Fall 23,try and send your application before January so you can have chance to get scholarships or funding. But if your transcript isn't ready at this time, consider spring application. Most schools that admit for spring open application around May/June/July.

If by statement of results, you mean the equivalent of a certificate? No you can't use that. You need transcript that detailed your course by courses modules and their ascribed grades. US schools doesn't even need certificate. Transcript is very very important.

In case you want schools that admit for spring, I might be able to offer help on that for people in STEM but just not for your kind of degree

Hi bro,
This is a wonderful response. Please, for someone who is interested in studying Biomedical science or a related discipline (PhD), what schools can you recommend for spring admissions. The Person has a masters degree in Biomed with a distinction from a university in the UK and currently resident there.
Best Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EbenezerAyomide: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please I have a question to ask.
As an undergraduate of bs information science/technology that learnt computer training after completion of high school in 2020.
After I finished computer training, I went for industrial training it(in computer training),..then after that I started my school processing
What is the best way to answer this question?
What are you doing currently in 2022?
hanks in advance �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
This is wickedness!
I advise you write it and give to them to copy and paste on letter head or directly into the reference page.
Also do you have classmates that are lecturers ? In your school or any school? Use them instead and henceforth.

You see that lecturer let them be, you will meet them tomorrow.

Sisib15:
Sincerely, the lecturer collected huge amount of money like 45k yet he has not send the reference letter

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Yemires007(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.