Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (683374 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eefya(f): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2023
Hello,

Please I’d like to be added to the Fall visa group on WhatsApp or Telegram.

Is there a link I can click on to join?

This is my number too- +2348137988383
I’ll appreciate if I’m added.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashia22: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
Chukbad95:
Good day everyone. Pls I would like to be added to the fall group precisely 08029324850. My final date is 21st Aug. Pls help I'm yet to get an interview date.
I look forward to a kind Samaritan's help.
Thank you.
please I’m in need of this too
Please help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashia22: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please anyone that can add me to any group my resumption date is august please 09071409841
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ctemi(f): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
yinkhar:

The question was ‘were you rejected in the last 6 month?” If his last year rejection is more than 6months then he should answer no

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Wolfie098: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
yinkhar:

The question was ‘were you rejected in the last 6 month?” If his last year rejection is more than 6months then he should answer no

Hello. Good afternoon I need help filling my B1 B2 visit visa. I’m applying from the Uk. Could you please walk me through. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nemerem1: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please I need alittle assistance.

Do I need to make my sevis payment before I can book an expedited appointment in Nigeria for F1 VISA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nemerem1:
Please I need alittle assistance.

Do I need to make my sevis payment before I can book an expedited appointment in Nigeria for F1 VISA?
Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adah90(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
Pls admin I'll be resuming in August, 2023, kindly add me to the Abuja date hunting group.

My number 07067168257
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mumzeeo: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please admin can you kindly add me to the WhatsApp group. My WhatsApp number is +13464337127. I desperately need an F1 interview date in Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sanny56: 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
When it comes to applying for a student visa in the USA, it's crucial to present a well-crafted resume. A great tip is to utilize the free resume templates available in Google Docs. They not only offer a professional layout but also save you time and effort. You can find a variety of Free Resume Templates in Google Doc. Remember, a polished resume can make a lasting impression on the visa officers, increasing your chances of success. Good luck with your application!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by leykey(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Hello people,

I'm new on this platform form and I would urge thr admin to please add my number to the F1 visa group

0703 267 8960.. please. God
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Allenbell(m): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Hello guys, I'm about to ago for F-1 Visa interview and my funding is MPower finance (Education loan). I have I-20 documents for it. Do you advice that I go for the interview with MPower funding I-20 or you would advice I use personal funding.

For personal funds, how many months bank statements should I go to the embassy with? Is 3 months good to go or must be 6 months?

Please, kindly advice.

Note* I am applying from the UK.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lov410:
Good afternoon all
Please What was wrong with the transcript.
When I can reapply, resumption step 8th.

Lagos visa denied
Jun 8
Window 1: white middle age guy
CoA: 120k
Sponsor: 56k
Loans: 49k
Scholarship: 15k

Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: good morning pass me you or document.

Me: passes it
Bo: Cornell University, one of the worse

Me : confused 🙃
VO: I see you are going for medical informatics, tell me about it.
Me: Medical informatics is the application of technology inTo transforming the healthcare system and delivery .

VO: I see you went to IUO university and studied pharmacy.
Me: Yes. I did
VO: continues typing for long

VO: I see you work with Bleep company
Me: yes I do

VO: I see you got a scholarship and it won't he enough to cover your fees, how will you cover it?
Me: My maternal uncle will be covering it and he is owns a marine vessel used in supplying rigs to offshore business. Also own a cargo shipping company States the annual income and years.

VO: I see you have personal funds what is that about ?
Me: spoke about Mpower loans and how it is paid to the school.

VO: when past did you visit your uncle
me: last month

VO: what is the name of uncle wife
Me: I said chi

VO: how long is your program
Me: I said one year

VO: Uncle's name
Me: me Xyz

VO: Typing for a long time then say
Sorry you can not be approved at this time

Please how soon can I reapply?

Please for MBAs Is this CoA usually for the first year or the two years?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MiracleOnyeji: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Good day please where in lagos can i go for a meningitis test
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yogun(f): 6:33am On Jun 12, 2023
Hello everyone!

my resumption date is August 24 but the embassy moved my interview date from July 5 to Sep 11th in March. I have been waiting on the school for my I20. I just received in now but i can't find the embassy interview login portal. Looked like the embassy has moved a few things around how how to login. I did password reset and it didn't go through as well.

Can Anyone help, please?

Another question i have is "for the amount to be stated in my bank statement, is it amount statement here x4 to cover the 2 years of study?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 7:21am On Jun 12, 2023
yogun:
Hello everyone!

my resumption date is August 24 but the embassy moved my interview date from July 5 to Sep 11th in March. I have been waiting on the school for my I20. I just received in now but i can't find the embassy interview login portal. Looked like the embassy has moved a few things around how how to login. I did password reset and it didn't go through as well.

Can Anyone help, please?

Another question i have is "for the amount to be stated in my bank statement, is it amount statement here x4 to cover the 2 years of study?

No, just that amount in account. Not x4 or x2

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashia22: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2023
Zihno:

The second option
Please is this really a good option
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 9:40am On Jun 12, 2023
Ashia22:

Please is this really a good option

Of course not.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teemahcandy: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2023
good morning please i will like to be added to abuja and lagos f1 visa appointment date whatzapp group 09062151756 thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kaka118: 9:54am On Jun 12, 2023
Please who can help me secure a date for abuja before august I just need help please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AdeButtercup: 10:59am On Jun 12, 2023
HaleemahYinusa:
Good Afternoon.
My proposed transcript.

My interview is on Friday.

The university of Louisiana monroe.
COA- $32,778
Funding- $18,100
Deficit- $14,678
BS Nursing.

Why have you decided to further your studies in the United States of America?

The US is a top destination for Higher studies among international students and they have one of the best educational systems in the world which would give me the opportunity to get quality education for what I'm really passionate about. Also, a degree from the US is world recognized and this will give me an edge and enhance my employability when I come back to Nigeria to work.

Why did you choose your intended school?

I choose University of Louisiana Monroe because i loved how my admissions officer was very responsive and attentive to me through out my admission process. ULM give me the best scholarship offer and getting into their hornors program made me more eager to choose to go there.

Why do you want a bachelor's degree in intended major?

When I was 6, my uncle was seriously sick and his nurses were incremental in his treatment and recovery. While visiting him in the hospital, the nurses' ability to intercede for their patients inspired me and I remember thinking that was the kind of person I want to be in the future. I'm a person who likes being challenged and a nursing career will provide that for me with all the different procedures I'm expected to learn and accomplish as a nurse. I also like that this career will allow me to specialize in many different fields while also increasing my knowledge and this will help me use my strength of education and compassion to teach my patients on how to take care of their health.

Why intended State?

I chose to go to school in Louisiana because The weather is not too different What I am used to Which means I'll be able to adjust quickly.

Do you have family and friends in the US?

Yes I do My sister is currently a student of the University of North Texas And my maternal uncle resides in Maryland.

As a nurse what will you be doing in any company you decide to work for?

As a nurse I will be The care provider responsible for patients full care, Ensure the right prescriptions are administered and that a patient understands and is prepared for treatment. When diagnostics results come in I would be the one to read them first and if necessary, immediately notify the appropriate doctor and. I'll also provide education to family members by answering questions and providing follow-up information as needed.

Why do you think you deserve a visa to study in America?

I think I deserve this visa because it has always been a dream of mine to get a degree from the US as it'll opportune me to get quality education for what I am really passionate about. I want to be able to use the skills and knowledge I acquire in the US to play my part in reducing the mortality rate in Nigeria.

What's will you do if you are denied this visa?

If I am denied I will respect the Wishes of the embassy and reapply.

What is a course credit?

A course credit is a recognition by a University or College that a course of study has successfully been Completed.

How many course-credits do you require after your first year?

I require 33 credits after My first year.

How many course credits do you need before you can be allowed to graduate?

I am required to take at least 120 course credits before I can graduate.

Can you name the courses you taking your first year?

I can name some of them. I will be taking Anatomy and physiology, general chemistry, college algebra, English composition, and psychology.

Who is sponsoring your education and what does you supposed to do for your living?

My dad Will be sponsoring me throughout my stay in the US and he is a senior manager at Bleep bank where he has been working for 15 years now.

Do you have siblings?

Yes, I have three siblings

Have you traveled out of Nigeria before and to where?

No I haven't been opportuned to travel out of Nigeria till now.

How many schools did you apply to?
I applied to four schools in Total. The University of Louisiana monroe, Norwich University, The University of Michigan Flint and William Patterson University of New Jersey.

How many give you admission? And how many of them denied you?

I got accepted into all.

When did you graduate high school?

I graduated high school in August 2022.

What have you been doing since then?

After taking my SAT in October, I have been volunteering at a food bank, Lagos Food Bank Initiative.

What have you done concerning your major?

I took a non-certificate online course on clinical terminology which I believe will help me when I start clinical rotations.

What are your plans after graduation?

I plan to come back to Nigeria and first of all observe my one year of national service which is mandatory for all first time graduates who are going to work here in Nigeria after which I plan to apply to work at hospitals in my hometown because there are some areas there where health care is still very poor. I would like to work in the pediatrics units so I can play my part in reducing the infant fatality rate and infant dis3as3s like malnutriti0n, pn3um0ni4, m4l4ri4 and others.

How did this interview go?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AdeButtercup: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2023
Kaka118:
Please who can help me secure a date for abuja before august I just need help please

Ah! You need to do it yourself....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashirioluwa: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2023
TheMA:
06-06-23
6:30 AM
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Affected by the UAE visa ban and returned to Nigeria after failing to obtain a new work permit. Passport was renewed in Malaysia so place of issue was out there in the open upon inspecting the passport. Over a year of experience as a SWE in AI and RFID/IOT Engineering.
Dual B.Sc. in Computer Science (2021) from a UK university, and a Malaysian university
1st Class Honors in both.

Program:

M.Sc. in Computer Science, BGSU, funding covered by parents (Canadian permanent residents).

Context:

VO was stern and visibly/slightly upset with all preceding candidates including myself. Nonetheless, confidence and grooming was on point.

Interview:

VO: Good morning, pass your I-20 and passport.
-- [Greeted back and obliged]

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?
-- My parents will be fully backing me up for the study. With over 2 decades of experience as a chartered accountant, she is a financial analyst manager at ... in Winnipeg, Canada, where she's currently a permanent resident. On the other hand, my dad has over 3 decades of experience in the hospitality and events services industry and recently launched his equipment trading company in Canada where he's also a permanent resident. I am expected to manage the Nigerian branch which we have registered in Lagos upon returning. [Cuts in as I was about to declare their financial status]

VO: Aside from Malaysia what other countries have you been to?
-- [Succinctly described my travel history in Malaysia and UAE, and offered older passports since she was inspecting the pages/stamps on the current one]

VO: [Types for a while and hands over blue paper] You do not qualify for this visa under US Immigration Law.
-- [Walks away dispassionately (I'm a calculative person and a scientist, so I never make the mistake of associating emotions with statistically unfavorable situations {82% rejection rates for the F-1 in Nigeria})]

--------------------------------

PS - I won't be reapplying as my situation and profile almost certainly will not change, but will focus on seeking employment overseas. Please direct potentially sensitive queries to qpdqr@mailed.ro (valid for 24hrs) if you have something valuable to offer that cannot be publicly disclosed, in regards to my case.

Since your parents are in Canada and they are your sponsors, I think is better to look for school in Canada, and then apply for their study permit. Your chances of getting Canada visa is high compared to US.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Good day everyone, my sch is currently requesting for my son's passport page b4 issuing i20 because i stated I have dependents. However, his passport is not ready yet.
Is it possible to include him later and tell the sch to just use that of my wife and mine.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mimini: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hello house, please I need information on the easiest way to pay the SEVIS Fee from Nigeria. Is it allowed for someone in the US pay the SEVIS Fee on my behalf and email the receipt to me?
Thank you as I await your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anneuk: 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
Good day,
I am, looking for a Close date in USA Abuja Embassy, Preferably , June 2023. Suggestion Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anneuk: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
I am searching for June 2023 date in USA Abuja embassy. Please suggestion . NOTE- My EA was denied because i didn't Upload DS-160 before submitting.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anneuk: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
I am searching for June 2023 date in USA Abuja embassy. Please suggestion . My EA was denied because i didnt Upload DS-160 before submitting. Or a group link
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Yes. That's the best way actually.
The person will be pay with your details (email address) and you just go on the portal to print the receipt.

mimini:
Hello house, please I need information on the easiest way to pay the SEVIS Fee from Nigeria. Is it allowed for someone in the US pay the SEVIS Fee on my behalf and email the receipt to me?
Thank you as I await your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fkmtrio: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hi everyone. Please reach out if you're attending the University of Illinois Springfield and looking for an apartment. This is for ladies.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by legendsergio(m): 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Fkmtrio:
Hi everyone. Please reach out if you're attending the University of Illinois Springfield and looking for an apartment. This is for ladies.

Hello, I’m attending University of Illinois at Springfield.

I’m looking for an apartment - if you have some information about apartment and living costs to share, I’d appreciate.

I’m male tho but the information will
Be helpful.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Observer25, delight71 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.