Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686903 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by julbeauty(f): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good evening, please do you have any group I can be added to.thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abokyaly: 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Thank You

[quote author=TenaciousOrphan post=123536722][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abokyaly: 7:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Thank you

[quote author=immertoll post=123558585][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello guys,
Abeg who applied for EA recently, like last week, and has received the email from the embassy?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
AZzoe:
Hello guys,
Abeg who applied for EA recently, like last week, and has received the email from the embassy?

Thank you
They haven’t gotten back since last week thursday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
yinkhar:

They haven’t gotten back since last week thursday

Ok thank you for your response...But abeg u know why?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
Searching for date in Abuja has burnt me out mehn
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kikky91(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
This is not true. If u can get a date in any of the West Africa country u can apply from there.
chibertha:

you can only do that as a Nigerian if you have PR there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Danetics5(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good evening, please am new here and I'd really appreciate if someone can guide on how to get an early date for US F1 visa appointment, and If I can a message or email when an opportunity for early date open.
danetics@gmail.com
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Benwems(m): 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
kikky91:
This is not true. If u can get a date in any of the West Africa country u can apply from there.

Can a Nigerian in UK apply from UK for USA study visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olabs201(m): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Benwems:

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Thanks everyone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kikky91(m): 4:29am On Jun 10, 2023
Yes. All u need is jst to be a resident or a doc. that shows that u reside in the Uk legitimately
Benwems:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2023
Hello everyone, please who has gotten an approval on EA lately. Mine has been more than 3 days now and I'm yet to get a reply from the Abuja embassy concerning my request and my school starts from July 15th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ijaay83: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
Zihno:
Please how much is the current visa fees?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tibexcreations: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amazon2190: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
Can you share your transcript please

welf99:
Program: MBA
COA: $28,000
Scholarship: $0
Funding: Personal Funds
Visa status: approved

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashia22: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
graciousify:
i posted it on the group. Here are the responses i got
can I join the group please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashia22: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
julbeauty:
Good evening, please do you have any group I can be added to.thanks
I want to be added also please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ashia22: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
Teemahcandy:
Please what can I do? Im getting this message while trying to schedule an appointment date. Please help it’s urgent
has it been rectified please mine is saying the same thing please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
You don't have to input the "214F" again. The system has already done that. So you should simply continue with the next digit or character.

Zihno:
Please can anyone help with how to input school code while filling the sevis fee payment form? The long code don’t fit anywhere
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Soraco57(m): 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hello, am a student in Lithuania and I have business enterprise in Nigeria with updated tax records and updated cac annual filing returns. From Lithuania here I have visited Britain and Ireland, please what's the chances of having US visa let's say tourists, what do I put in the US visa application form as my job, is it student or self employed, how best can I go about this. Am just 9 months old here as a student. I need response and gospel Truth. I don chop breakfast from the US in the year 2017 twice. My wife is a resident in the UK though she is 3 months old resident on a skilled visa, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bmichael22: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hi guys,
Has anyone created a new DS-160 after creating submitting an earlier one?

I want to create a new DS-160 form reasons being I didn't add any personal savings or family funds. It was mainly loan
After creating a new one what are the next steps to take pls? Pay another fee? Book another interview date or what?

PS: I already have a date booked for 13th July and I have rescheduled twice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shalomated: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hello, thank you all for the very helpful discussions on your various experiences. It has really been helpful.

please can someone help add me to the Abuja or Lagos whatsapp group for F1 visa interview dates or application. My contact is +14058866596.

I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
Teddiement:
You don't have to input the "214F" again. The system has already done that. So you should simply continue with the next digit or character.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by roqeebahyetunde(f): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2023
bmichael22:
Hello gurus in the house
Pls advise 🙏🏾

A friend of mine just opened my eyes to how big of a flag my situation is.
My interview date is July 13th and school resumption is August 19th. I got an MPower loan of 64k(ikr!😄) and a sponsor(my workplace) 8k. No personal funds. My course is only for a year.

I knew the loan thingy is a flag but was hoping to defend it by giving good answers. E.g when asked "tell me about your funding" I'll be like "the company I've been working at as a Lead System Architect for over 6 years, where I also hold signatory to the company's account, will be sponsoring my part of my cost of attendance and for the remnant, I was able to secure a loan to cover it and since I'll be returning after a year, I'll be able to use my degree to secure more software development solutions in the country "
Is that good enough? Can you propose a better response?

If I'm to include personal funds to my application, it'd be to get proof of personal funds and send to my school to readjust my I-20, fill a new DS-160 adding the personal funds, pay a new MRV fee and start a new date search/apply for EA right??

Is it worth it? Or do I proceed with the current situation?

Pls advise🙏🏾

You only need to retrieve DS-160 and update the information. Your DS-160 number will change after this, so you will need to copy it again to your CGI portal. You don't have to pay new MRV fee and your appointment date won't change except you reschedule yourself. Regarding the loan, while some people have been lucky to get approved I won't advise you to leave the loan on the I-20 cos you don't know the VO you will meet. The best thing is to get a bank statement for the school to update your I-20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nemerem1: 12:50am On Jun 11, 2023
Please I am stuck...

1. As a Nigerian is there a way to Pay sevis fee here

2. Must I get Police clearance certificate from Lagos or can I get it in my own state.

Please if anyone has an answer please let me know.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 2:17am On Jun 11, 2023
Nemerem1:
Please I am stuck...

1. As a Nigerian is there a way to Pay sevis fee here

2. Must I get Police clearance certificate from Lagos or can I get it in my own state.

Please if anyone has an answer please let me know.

You can’t pay sevis fee in Nigeria. Use Pay4Me app or ask someone in the US to help you make the payment.

You don’t need police report for student visas
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ctemi(f): 4:50am On Jun 11, 2023
Hello Brethren, My brother was denied last year for B1/B2 visa, under F1 visa application now, is he going to pick previously denied or regular to schedule interview appointment? His school resume in Aug and no interview date available. Your responds will greatly be appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 5:02am On Jun 11, 2023
Ctemi:
Hello Brethren, My brother was denied last year for B1/B2 visa, under F1 visa application now, is he going to pick previously denied or regular to schedule interview appointment? His school resume in Aug and no interview date available. Your responds will greatly be appreciated.
The question was ‘were you rejected in the last 6 month?” If his last year rejection is more than 6months then he should answer no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2023
Amazon2190:
Can you share your transcript please

Embassy: Johannesburg
Attempt: 1st
School: Lake Erie College
Course: MBA
COA: $28,000
Funding: Personal Funds
Date: June 6th 2023

VO: good morning
Me: good morning
VO: Kindly pass me your documents.
Me: Passed him the documents
VO: Let us do your biometrics.
Me: OK. (Captured fingerprints)
VO: Why are you here today?
Me: I am here to seek study visa approval to study MBA at Lake Erie College, Painesville, Ohio.
VO: Why this College?
Me: I decided to apply to this college after attending a virtual MBA session, the college is highly specialized, classes are small and allows one on one interaction with students and professors. The College MBA program is one of the best in the world with a concentration in Information Technology.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as Senior Technical Consultant at XXXXXX, where i ........XXXXXX stated my job responsibilities
VO: How much do you earn after tax?
Me: XXXXXXX, this amount excludes yearly bonuses and other compensations.
VO: You know the COA is about $30K, how do you plan to fund your study
Me: from my savings of over 15years of working and rental income from my real estate investments. i own multiple properties here in Johannesburg and Nigeria. revenue from my real estate investment is in excess of XXXX per annum and my salary in above Bleep per annum.
VO: do you plan to sell one of your properties to finance your study?
Me: I already have this money set aside and i have it here in my bank account.
VO: Oh bring me your bank statement
Me: gave him my bank statement. VO continue to type and scanning through my bank statements for 3 mins..looking at the pages, dont know what he is looking at though.
VO: have you travelled to US before?
Me: No but i have travelled to Europe and Asia...i have been to Germany, France , Turkey, India and Kenya multiple times and most recently Nigeria.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes with three beautiful children
VO: Is your family accompanying you?
Me: No, but my family will visit me during the holiday, my wife is busy with work at the moment, i also plan to visit them as well. VO node his head
VO: Are you a permanent resident of South Africa?
Me: Yes
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Bachelors degree
VO: Type for a long time....3mins or so
VO: Your visa is approved, please have this slip it will direct you on how to collect your passport.
Me: Collected my yellow paper.( Embassy here uses pink and yellow papers)
Me: Thank you very much.
Me: Ran out.
VO: called me back and return my bank statement.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Yemires007(m), Instructor001(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.