Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,396 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681080 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorUSA15: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Purplerosey:

Yes, decisions have been rolled out. Maybe you should try and contact them regarding your application status.
Hello

What course did you apply for?

Did you secure any form of funding?

When was decision made?

I would appreciate it if you respond to these.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:49am On Jun 08, 2023
IamContentKing:
Hello guys, please I am looking for someone to feature on our next Japa (relocation) podcast episode. See details below;

Title:
Return Migration: Why come back?

Synopsis:
In this episode, we will delve into the compelling stories of Nigerians who have made the decision to return to their home country after living abroad. We uncover their motivations for coming back, exploring what they found in Nigeria or their destination country that influenced their choice. Through engaging conversations, we gain insights into their experiences, challenges, and triumphs upon returning, shedding light on their current circumstances. The aim is to unravel the complex factors that drive return migration and gain a deeper understanding of the realities faced by those who choose to come back to Nigeria.

Podcast venue: Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 10 am
Date: 10th June 2023.

Call me or WhatsApp me here if interested: +2348084718216

How much u dey pay per hour?
Do I get to my IP ( you cannot monetize the content without my written consent?)

Also what is income/revenue sharing formula?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 6:48am On Jun 08, 2023
please anyone that can help get MSc admission in U.S for my cousin should contact me on this email ola4real707@yahoo.com so that we can discuss the price. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krissconnect(m): 6:49am On Jun 08, 2023
Pls someone shud add me to the WhatsApp group for date interviews seekers.. my interview was cancelled today cos the school couldn't issue my i20 on time. Pls someone help me to reschedule new date 08102380895
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 8:31am On Jun 08, 2023
Na wa. May scammers not find you and your cousin o.

Bigolly:
please anyone that can help get MSc admission in U.S for my cousin should contact me on this email ola4real707@yahoo.com so that we can discuss the price. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2023
My interview is next week Wednesday please can anyone help me with a mock interview. I just finished my secondary School and it's my first attempt.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2023
July dates out for Lagos

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by koladen: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ogundare26:
July dates out for Lagos
I just checked, the earliest date I'm seeing is january 2024
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
I checked it myself or have you been previously refused?
koladen:
I just checked, the earliest date I'm seeing is january 2024
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lov410: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
Good afternoon all
Please What was wrong with the transcript.
When I can reapply, resumption step 8th.

Lagos visa denied
Jun 8
Window 1: white middle age guy
CoA: 120k
Sponsor: 56k
Loans: 49k
Scholarship: 15k

Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: good morning pass me you or document.

Me: passes it
Bo: Cornell University, one of the worse

Me : confused 🙃
VO: I see you are going for medical informatics, tell me about it.
Me: Medical informatics is the application of technology inTo transforming the healthcare system and delivery .

VO: I see you went to IUO university and studied pharmacy.
Me: Yes. I did
VO: continues typing for long

VO: I see you work with Bleep company
Me: yes I do

VO: I see you got a scholarship and it won't he enough to cover your fees, how will you cover it?
Me: My maternal uncle will be covering it and he is owns a marine vessel used in supplying rigs to offshore business. Also own a cargo shipping company States the annual income and years.

VO: I see you have personal funds what is that about ?
Me: spoke about Mpower loans and how it is paid to the school.

VO: when past did you visit your uncle
me: last month

VO: what is the name of uncle wife
Me: I said chi

VO: how long is your program
Me: I said one year

VO: Uncle's name
Me: me Xyz

VO: Typing for a long time then say
Sorry you can not be approved at this time

Please how soon can I reapply?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fulani14: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
Good afternoon, first time here from Canadian travel thread, I was hoping to get information about applying for transit visa. Am looking to book flights with KLM as it is around my budget,and its route is through Amsterdam, then to Winnipeg. Am to leave September, I want to know if a transit visa is affordable and easy to get before sept and would it be worth it?
Thank you as you assist me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

It’s very hard for bur brother in the US to pay $19k every year for your study.
You have no hometies

A Masters is not every year. Most likely 3 semesters. That 23k is usually for the entire program. Tuition is calculated by the number of credits you need to graduate. If your program requires 30 credits and to maintain your student status you need 9credits/semester, you can take 3 courses (3units each) per semester and graduate in 3/4 semesters. You can also take 5courses per semester and graduate in a year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Fulani14:
Good afternoon, first time here from Canadian travel thread, I was hoping to get information about applying for transit visa. Am looking to book flights with KLM as it is around my budget,and its route is through Amsterdam, then to Winnipeg. Am to leave September, I want to know if a transit visa is affordable and easy to get before sept and would it be worth it?
Thank you as you assist me
I would advise you book another route, USA won’t give you transit visa to Canada not to even mention the short time frame. You can pass through Egypt instead (e.g Lagos-Cairo-Toronto)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fulani14: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
Okay thank yoj
yinkhar:

I would advise you book another route, USA won’t give you transit visa to Canada not to even mention the short time frame. You can pass through Egypt instead (e.g Lagos-Cairo-Toronto)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
Belle123:
Yes . I got approved using Mpower loan of 48k and personal funds of 10k

You shouldn’t have dropped this if you weren’t going to follow up with your visa transcript especially after several people asked you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
Asinnn

Like I literally wait and refresh everyday looking forward to his transcript.

80-90% of people I have seen on this thread with MPOWER Loan gets denied. So I was eagerly looking for his own and what made the difference
Zihno:

You shouldn’t have dropped this if you weren’t going to follow up with your visa transcript especially after several people asked you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 4:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
mojolajesu:
Asinnn

Like I literally wait and refresh everyday looking forward to his transcript.

80-90% of people I have seen on this thread with MPOWER Loan gets denied. So I was eagerly looking for his own and what made the difference

I know this. The person na yeye person.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ahmedgafar7(m): 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
08/06/23
Lagos Visa: Denied

COA : 37 000$
GTA: 27 000$
DEFICIT: 10 000$

Interviewed at window 2 by a man on a blue paper issuing spree

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir

VO: Pass me your documents
Me: I did

VO: What school are you going to
Me: Middle Tennessee State University

VO: What do you do
Me: I’m a quality control pharmacist at …. I ascertain that finished products meet standards of pharmaceutical grade……VO cuts in

VO: You are a pharmacist?
Me: Yes

VO: You are going for a master’s in chemistry you have done these programs before (sternly)
Me: No, I will be focused on advanced methods of physicochemical analysis of drugs……I will come back to take a position at NAFDAC….VO cuts in

VO: Who will be covering your 10k deficit ?
Me: My sister, she owns……..a chain of frozen foods businesses…..VO cuts in

VO: Has she sponsored anybody before ?
Me: No, she has not

VO: You do not qualify for a non immigrant visa….then issues blue paper.

Everything was over in less than 2mins.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krizwills: 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Good day everyone

Please I’m searching for date in July can anyone help Biko.

I will equally like to be added to a WhatsApp group.

My phone number
08136663196 WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
08/06/23

Me: I’m a quality control pharmacist at …. I ascertain that finished products meet standards of pharmaceutical grade……VO cuts in

VO: You are going for a master’s in chemistry you have done these programs before (sternly)
Me: No, I will be focused on advanced methods of physicochemical analysis of drugs……I will come back to take a position at NAFDAC….VO cuts in

Orishirishi. Hopefully you get it next time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krizwills: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nuellaursula:
please is that the link to the group?

Pleases can I added to Abuja date search group

08136663196 WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krizwills: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nuellaursula:
please is that the link to the group?

This link isn’t working.. please help with the right link na. School resumes in August
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TeeD(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
08/06/23

Wow. a few things:
how old are you?

the VO thinks that pharmacy and chemistry aren't closely linked. Here's how you could have responded:
"Yes, my college bachelor's degree was in pharmaco-chemistry" or some shit like that. Always know what the VO wants to hear and try as much as you can to give him that. That question is to show if what you studied, or currently do is linked to what you're going to study. Every question counts.

Also, seems you were already answering the 'what will you do after your studies' question, and the VO thinks you were trying to be disingenuous with your answers. Answer what is being asked, or closely. Don't answer unrelated questions, or at least answer the main questions without a doubt and see that the VO is nodding before moving on to your own agenda.

This question is to ascertain the economic status of your sponsor. You're supposed to use recognizable words like:
My sister, she and her husband (if she's married) are Cofounders of Bleep Company, a logistics tier-2 company based in Aba, with headquaters in X. Upsell your sponsor to improve your chances. $10k is not much money, this question was just the last straw.

"Yes, if you mean sponsoring part of my college education" shows that your sister has always been involved in sponsoring you in some way (especially if she's 10 years older) eg pocket money. If you answer Yes, then demonstrate that it has always been the little things, and this master's education is the apex of all when she'll finally stop sponsoring. Don't say all of this, of course, but you get the point. Say something that hints that your dear sister and her husband has been involved in your career progress.

the question isn't really a big deal and I can see why you immediately answered "No." which is equally a good answer but depends on what you follow with it. How would you even know if she has sponsored anybody before? Not sure if this question is really a thing. Maybe you should verify with your sister if she has, the visa officers might keep a record, who knows?

My advice is, you should try again soon. And prepare harder. Get every possible question and get the appropriate answers. Remember, it isn't about how truthful you can answer, it's about what they want to hear (truthful of course). If you have a deep Nigerian accent, then you want to keep your answers short, sweet, and to the point.

Get someone to look at your DS160 form, most disqualifications result from what is entered into that file. Usually, the VO makes up their mind before you even open your mouth. Make sure you have enough social and family ties back home. really important

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yaasir(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Bigolly:
You can talk to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yaasir(m): 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
damtan:
Anyone heard of University of Wyoming?? I hear they give funding and it can be 100% sometimes
Maybe in your field. My friend got in Finance but was not offered a dime. I wanted to apply to Sustainability in 2021 but was contacted directly to tell me that there was no funding. I was told to acknowledge that in writing before my offer could be issued. You can email your preferred dept directly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
this is really comprehensive. I learnt a lot from it.

Thank you very much!
TeeD:

Wow. a few things:
how old are you?

the VO thinks that pharmacy and chemistry aren't closely linked. Here's how you could have responded:
"Yes, my college bachelor's degree was in pharmaco-chemistry" or some shit like that. Always know what the VO wants to hear and try as much as you can to give him that. That question is to show if what you studied, or currently do is linked to what you're going to study. Every question counts.

Also, seems you were already answering the 'what will you do after your studies' question, and the VO thinks you were trying to be disingenuous with your answers. Answer what is being asked, or closely. Don't answer unrelated questions, or at least answer the main questions without a doubt and see that the VO is nodding before moving on to your own agenda.

This question is to ascertain the economic status of your sponsor. You're supposed to use recognizable words like:
My sister, she and her husband (if she's married) are Cofounders of Bleep Company, a logistics tier-2 company based in Aba, with headquaters in X. Upsell your sponsor to improve your chances. $10k is not much money, this question was just the last straw.

"Yes, if you mean sponsoring part of my college education" shows that your sister has always been involved in sponsoring you in some way (especially if she's 10 years older) eg pocket money. If you answer Yes, then demonstrate that it has always been the little things, and this master's education is the apex of all when she'll finally stop sponsoring. Don't say all of this, of course, but you get the point. Say something that hints that your dear sister and her husband has been involved in your career progress.

the question isn't really a big deal and I can see why you immediately answered "No." which is equally a good answer but depends on what you follow with it. How would you even know if she has sponsored anybody before? Not sure if this question is really a thing. Maybe you should verify with your sister if she has, the visa officers might keep a record, who knows?

My advice is, you should try again soon. And prepare harder. Get every possible question and get the appropriate answers. Remember, it isn't about how truthful you can answer, it's about what they want to hear (truthful of course). If you have a deep Nigerian accent, then you want to keep your answers short, sweet, and to the point.

Get someone to look at your DS160 form, most disqualifications result from what is entered into that file. Usually, the VO makes up their mind before you even open your mouth. Make sure you have enough social and family ties back home. really important
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TeeD(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lov410:
Good afternoon all
Please What was wrong with the transcript.
When I can reapply, resumption step 8th.

Lagos visa denied
Jun 8
Window 1: white middle age guy
CoA: 120k
Sponsor: 56k
Loans: 49k
Scholarship: 15k

Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: good morning pass me you or document.

Me: passes it
Bo: Cornell University, one of the worse

Me : confused 🙃
VO: I see you are going for medical informatics, tell me about it.
Me: Medical informatics is the application of technology inTo transforming the healthcare system and delivery .

VO: I see you went to IUO university and studied pharmacy.
Me: Yes. I did
VO: continues typing for long

VO: I see you work with Bleep company
Me: yes I do

VO: I see you got a scholarship and it won't he enough to cover your fees, how will you cover it?
Me: My maternal uncle will be covering it and he is owns a marine vessel used in supplying rigs to offshore business. Also own a cargo shipping company States the annual income and years.

VO: I see you have personal funds what is that about ?
Me: spoke about Mpower loans and how it is paid to the school.

VO: when past did you visit your uncle
me: last month

VO: what is the name of uncle wife
Me: I said chi

VO: how long is your program
Me: I said one year

VO: Uncle's name
Me: me Xyz

VO: Typing for a long time then say
Sorry you can not be approved at this time

Please how soon can I reapply?

this is a sponsor issue. 120k for a MS (or Bachelors) degree at Cornell isn't good financial decision and the VO can see through that. At least get 70% scholarship for it to be worth it. Your sponsor can barely afford half of 120k, and since he isn't your biological father, it's too much betting. You had to bring MPower into it, huh? That was the final straw.

Good luck on reapplying but get another school with $60k tuition, my friend. Let Cornell go

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yaasir(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
Teemahcandy:
Please what can I do? Im getting this message while trying to schedule an appointment date. Please help it’s urgent
Most likely you are trying to change your visa location. I have experienced that before when filling the form for someone but it was resolved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yaasir(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Cameraphone:
Hello, please i will like to know if my brother in the u.s can sponsor my masters degree program, will it pose as a problem at the embassy? Secondly, please can anyone add me to the visa mock interview, my number is 08158011535.
Avoid it if you can. It is easier for them to connect the dot on your brother's financial capacity since he is in the US. Look for alternative
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TeeD(m): 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
TheMA:
06-06-23
6:30 AM
Lagos
Denied under 214(b)

Profile:

Affected by the UAE visa ban and returned to Nigeria after failing to obtain a new work permit. Passport was renewed in Malaysia so place of issue was out there in the open upon inspecting the passport. Over a year of experience as a SWE in AI and RFID/IOT Engineering.
Dual B.Sc. in Computer Science (2021) from a UK university, and a Malaysian university
1st Class Honors in both.

Program:

M.Sc. in Computer Science, BGSU, funding covered by parents (Canadian permanent residents).

Context:

VO was stern and visibly/slightly upset with all preceding candidates including myself. Nonetheless, confidence and grooming was on point.

Interview:

VO: Good morning, pass your I-20 and passport.
-- [Greeted back and obliged]

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?
-- My parents will be fully backing me up for the study. With over 2 decades of experience as a chartered accountant, she is a financial analyst manager at ... in Winnipeg, Canada, where she's currently a permanent resident. On the other hand, my dad has over 3 decades of experience in the hospitality and events services industry and recently launched his equipment trading company in Canada where he's also a permanent resident. I am expected to manage the Nigerian branch which we have registered in Lagos upon returning. [Cuts in as I was about to declare their financial status]

VO: Aside from Malaysia what other countries have you been to?
-- [Succinctly described my travel history in Malaysia and UAE, and offered older passports since she was inspecting the pages/stamps on the current one]

VO: [Types for a while and hands over blue paper] You do not qualify for this visa under US Immigration Law.
-- [Walks away dispassionately (I'm a calculative person and a scientist, so I never make the mistake of associating emotions with statistically unfavorable situations {82% rejection rates for the F-1 in Nigeria})]

--------------------------------

PS - I won't be reapplying as my situation and profile almost certainly will not change, but will focus on seeking employment overseas. Please direct potentially sensitive queries to qpdqr@mailed.ro (valid for 24hrs) if you have something valuable to offer that cannot be publicly disclosed, in regards to my case.

your parents are canadian permanent residents, why not get a visa to canada and go to school there, or apply from there. It makes much sense that way, instead of having to explain that your parents have high status and are canadian residents. The USA takes non-immigration intent really seriously, and you've just shown to the VO you have immigration intent and that you're using them as a stepping stone to continue your country hopping already shown by your residence in UAE, Malaysia, etc.

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?
-- My parents will be fully backing me up for the study. With over 2 decades of experience as a chartered accountant, she is a financial analyst manager at ... in Winnipeg, Canada, where she's currently a permanent resident. On the other hand, my dad has over 3 decades of experience in the hospitality and events services industry and recently launched his equipment trading company in Canada where he's also a permanent resident. I am expected to manage the Nigerian branch which we have registered in Lagos upon returning. [Cuts in as I was about to declare their financial status]
"My parents. Dad is a veteran in the hospitality industry with branches in Canada, and mom is a chartered accountant and top manager at X multinational company. They have $50k of graduate school funds for me, with an additional $20k if I come out summa cum laude."
Short, sweet, and concise.

VO: Aside from Malaysia what other countries have you been to?
-- [Succinctly described my travel history in Malaysia and UAE, and offered older passports since she was inspecting the pages/stamps on the current one]

when describing your travel history, it might help if you show that you were a child accompanying your parents through their many multinational company travels. It sells better (if it is true.) Just hopping from UAE to Malaysia without doing business or schooling does not look good for your non-immigration intent application.

You should try again, this time, don't be in haste to mention your parents' canada PR status, it'll likely hurt your application. This is an example of how what we think will work to our favor, instead works against us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
TeeD:

Wow. a few things:
how old are you?

Noted, thank you for the comprehensive response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Samhyme and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.