Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681041 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
Has anyone here attended interview in Benin Republic, Togo or Any other West African country due to this date scarcity in Nigeria, especially Abuja. My portal can’t see any date for in Lagos, only Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samclnt(m): 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
Juddita:
Hello, please who else has gotten admission to the University of new haven fall semester 2023.
Please very urgent,
Thank you.

I have. You can send me a PM. Have u collected your i20?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tohbahgold: 12:04am On Jun 09, 2023
Please what do i put as the biller name when paying with western union? cant find sevisfee there or U S BANK DHS
legendsergio:
Hi everyone, someone is helping me process the SEVIS fee in the US using money order, is it possible for me to pay with Wester Union from Nigeria using my USD don account incase that does not go through?

Can I go ahead to submit my visa application form before confirming the SEVIS payment?

Please I need help, I want to submit the visa application today and proceed to pay for the fees and start searching for dates.

Also, please add me to Abuja search group.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damosade(m): 3:12am On Jun 09, 2023
Lov410:
Good afternoon all
Please What was wrong with the transcript.
When I can reapply, resumption step 8th.

Lagos visa denied
Jun 8
Window 1: white middle age guy
CoA: 120k
Sponsor: 56k
Loans: 49k
Scholarship: 15k

Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: good morning pass me you or document.

Me: passes it
Bo: Cornell University, one of the worse

Me : confused 🙃
VO: I see you are going for medical informatics, tell me about it.
Me: Medical informatics is the application of technology inTo transforming the healthcare system and delivery .

VO: I see you went to IUO university and studied pharmacy.
Me: Yes. I did
VO: continues typing for long

VO: I see you work with Bleep company
Me: yes I do

VO: I see you got a scholarship and it won't he enough to cover your fees, how will you cover it?
Me: My maternal uncle will be covering it and he is owns a marine vessel used in supplying rigs to offshore business. Also own a cargo shipping company States the annual income and years.

VO: I see you have personal funds what is that about ?
Me: spoke about Mpower loans and how it is paid to the school.

VO: when past did you visit your uncle
me: last month

VO: what is the name of uncle wife
Me: I said chi

VO: how long is your program
Me: I said one year

VO: Uncle's name
Me: me Xyz

VO: Typing for a long time then say
Sorry you can not be approved at this time

Please how soon can I reapply?

Bro , I was denied too almost same with loan can we link so to prepare for next interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damosade(m): 3:16am On Jun 09, 2023
Belle123:
Yes . I got approved using Mpower loan of 48k and personal funds of 10k

Pls I need to contact you asap
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Belle123: 3:21am On Jun 09, 2023
Please watch how you speak to people . He asked a question and I simply answered . no where was it mentioned that I needed to drop my transcript . If you needed my transcript there are polite ways of asking . Good day
Zihno:

You shouldn’t have dropped this if you weren’t going to follow up with your visa transcript especially after several people asked you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 3:26am On Jun 09, 2023
Belle123:
Please watch how you speak to people . He asked a question and I simply answered . no where was it mentioned that I needed to drop my transcript . If you needed my transcript there are polite ways of asking . Good day

I don’t need your transcript. Other people asked for it and I wasn’t rude to you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Belle123: 3:29am On Jun 09, 2023
8/12/22
Lagos embassy
First Attempt
Visa Approved
Course MBA in project management
COA : 44k
Mpower loan 48k personal fund 10k

V.O : good morning pass me your passport & I-20 .
Me : good morning here’s my i-20 & passport

V.O : have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before
Me : Yes I’ve been to Lebanon , the United Arab Emirates, Cameroun, Ghana and Rwanda

V.O : typing…….
V.O : What did you have your bachelors in ?
Me : I have a bachelors in Law and a B.L from the Nigerian law school

V.O : How much do you earn on an average monthly
Me : Bleep,xxxx

V.o: typing …………
V.O : Why an M.B.A
Me : I chose to study an mba because it will equip me with the skills and knowledge I need to expand my business into other areas of my industry. An MBA from MSU will also Increase the trajectory of my earning capacity and give me a boost in my career advancement Lastly an international mba on my profile will look very good to potential clients and investors
V.O ( cuts in ) oh you plan on having investors ?

Me : oh yes I do . I plan on expanding my business into other sectors of my industry and I cannot do this with the funding of investors
V.O ( cuts in ) So this Degree is mainly to help expand your business
Me : Yes amongst other benefits

V.O : typing……..

V. O : what business do you do
Me : I’m the founder and creative director of xyz company we are a boutique event company that specialize in the planning and coordination of corporate and social events such as AGM´S Seminars, weddings and anniversaries. We also do event haulage , rentals and logistics as well as event consultancy and hospitality management.

V.O : typing………..

V.O : How many are you in your company ?
Me : we are a growing team of 5 there’s myself the founder , there’s the project manager who is going to be in charge of the business while I’m studying and I’ll also be remotely supervising the activities of the staff and tracking the progress of events

V.O : ( cuts ) oh you plan on leaving your business running ?
Me : Yes i do , i have formulated a business plan with my team and project manager to this effect , we will have scheduled monthly Calls and meetings when I’ll get summary reports of the status of all projects and events . I’ll also be in direct communication with the clients to make sure the standard of customer satisfaction does not drop and that what my team is reporting to me is in fact the true nature of events .

V.O : how long have you had this business for ?
Me : Roughly about 4 years . I founded it in 2018

V.O : Are you married
Me : I’m not married however I’m in a committed relationship with my partner and we plan on getting married and starting a family after I return

V.O : who is financing your education
Me : I have an Mpower loan of 48,000 and personal funds of 10,000 usd

V.O : how much did you say they’re giving you again ?
Me ( at this point I wasn’t sure if she was asking me to defend the loan or tell her more about it so I asked her to repeat the question )
V:O How much is Mpower giving you
Me : oh they’re sponsoring me with 48,000 usd

V.O : typing ( for a long time )
V.O : Congratulations you qualify for a U.S visa at this time , take this white paper and blah blah blah

quote author=Teddiement post=123602726]Wow. Please how were you able to defend that MPOWER loan? Would you kindly post your transcript if possible? Thank you very much.

[/quote]

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Elily: 4:51am On Jun 09, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please I need advice concerning my family's F2 visa.

I traveled to US exactly one year now on F1 visa for my PhD studies. I went to the interview alone because my family's passport wasn't ready by then. They (husband and two kids, 6yrs & 4yrs) have tried on two attempts to get their F2 visa which was denied. On the first instance, the VO asked of our plan for a nanny since my husband said he will be spending one month in US (my husband was advised to say so). We didn't have plan for a nanny by then and they were denied.

On the second occasion after two months, we made inquiries on babysitting and presented it to the VO. My school also has resources for parenting graduate students which my husband presented to the VO but still they got denial.

I don't really know what else to do. I'm planning on going with them next time but I'm not sure if I will be allowed in the interview hall since my visa has not expired.

What should be our next of action

Please your candid advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sogba1145: 6:49am On Jun 09, 2023
Belle123:
8/12/22
Lagos embassy
First Attempt
Visa Approved

Me : Yes I’ve been to Lebanon , the United Arab Emirates, Cameroun, Ghana and Rwanda

Me : I chose to study an mba because it will equip me with the skills and knowledge I need to expand my business into other areas of my industry. An MBA from MSU will also Increase the trajectory of my earning capacity and give me a boost in my career advancement Lastly an international mba on my profile will look very good to potential clients and investors

Me : oh yes I do . I plan on expanding my business into other sectors of my industry and I cannot do this with the funding of investors

Me : I’m the founder and creative director of xyz company we are a boutique event company that specialize in the planning and coordination of corporate and social events such as AGM´S Seminars, weddings and anniversaries. We also do event haulage , rentals and logistics as well as event consultancy and hospitality management.

Me : we are a growing team of 5 there’s myself the founder , there’s the project manager who is going to be in charge of the business while I’m studying and I’ll also be remotely supervising the activities of the staff and tracking the progress of events

Me : Yes i do , i have formulated a business plan with my team and project manager to this effect , we will have scheduled monthly Calls and meetings when I’ll get summary reports of the status of all projects and events . I’ll also be in direct communication with the clients to make sure the standard of customer satisfaction does not drop and that what my team is reporting to me is in fact the true nature of events .

Me : I’m not married however I’m in a committed relationship with my partner and we plan on getting married and starting a family after I return

Me ( at this point I wasn’t sure if she was asking me to defend the loan or tell her more about it so I asked her to repeat the question )

V.O : Congratulations you qualify for a U.S visa at this time , take this white paper and blah blah blah

quote author=Teddiement post=123602726]Wow. Please how were you able to defend that MPOWER loan? Would you kindly post your transcript if possible? Thank you very much.

Good morning , I want you clear something.You were asked whether you are married and you said you will be getting married when you return after your study.The question is, in your ds 160 form , did you indicate the information about your would be spouse or you left the coloum NIL or perhaps you indicate not marry?.
Big THANKS in anticipation for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 7:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Hello guys,

For those who entered the US recently, is the yellow fever vaccination compulsory?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 7:59am On Jun 09, 2023
Please how much is the current visa fees?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by IamMobisola(f): 8:03am On Jun 09, 2023
For those who have sponsors that aren’t their parents, it’s best you have them pay the money to your(Dorm account) which you can turn in when submitting Statement of account. Those VIOs prefer either parents or applicants as sponsors than relatives

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2023
Thank you very much. This is inspiring.

Belle123:
8/12/22
Lagos embassy
First Attempt
Visa Approved

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2023
N75,200

Zihno:
Please how much is the current visa fees?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anwori(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2023
samclnt:

I have. You can send me a PM. Have u collected your i20?

I have.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bmichael22: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2023
Hello gurus in the house
Pls advise 🙏🏾

A friend of mine just opened my eyes to how big of a flag my situation is.
My interview date is July 13th and school resumption is August 19th. I got an MPower loan of 64k(ikr!😄) and a sponsor(my workplace) 8k. No personal funds. My course is only for a year.

I knew the loan thingy is a flag but was hoping to defend it by giving good answers. E.g when asked "tell me about your funding" I'll be like "the company I've been working at as a Lead System Architect for over 6 years, where I also hold signatory to the company's account, will be sponsoring my part of my cost of attendance and for the remnant, I was able to secure a loan to cover it and since I'll be returning after a year, I'll be able to use my degree to secure more software development solutions in the country "
Is that good enough? Can you propose a better response?

If I'm to include personal funds to my application, it'd be to get proof of personal funds and send to my school to readjust my I-20, fill a new DS-160 adding the personal funds, pay a new MRV fee and start a new date search/apply for EA right??

Is it worth it? Or do I proceed with the current situation?

Pls advise🙏🏾
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2023
Elily:
Hi everyone,

I traveled to US exactly one year now on F1 visa for my PhD studies. I went to the interview alone because my family's passport wasn't ready by then. They (husband and two kids, 6yrs & 4yrs) have tried on two attempts to get their F2 visa which was denied. On the first instance, the VO asked of our plan for a nanny since my husband said he will be spending one month in US (my husband was advised to say so). We didn't have plan for a nanny by then and they were denied.

On the second occasion after two months, we made inquiries on babysitting and presented it to the VO. My school also has resources for parenting graduate students which my husband presented to the VO but still they got denial.

I don't really know what else to do. I'm planning on going with them next time but I'm not sure if I will be allowed in the interview hall since my visa has not expired.

The reason your husband was denied is that F2 is not for short stay, that is B1/B2 ..let your husband apply for visitors visa to visit you. If his intentions and the kids is to stay and support you till the duration of your F1 status..then he should tell the VO...it is his right that's why F2 is created. The issue of nany wouldn't have arose at all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2023
The reason your husband was denied is that F2 is not for short stay, that is B1/B2 ..let your husband apply for visitors visa to visit you. If his intentions and the kids is to stay and support you till the duration of your F1 status..then he should tell the VO...it is his right that's why F2 is created. The issue of nany wouldn't have arose at all.

Elily:
Hi everyone,

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adepoj99(m): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2023
Hello house,
Please someone should add me to Abuja visa interview date search whatsapp group
Number is : 08106394648
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by olabs201(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Please someone should add me to Abuja visa interview date search whatsapp group

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2023
Good day house,

1. Please how long after first attempt can one do a second attempt?

2. When quoting ones salary, should it be gross or net pay?

3. What exchange rate is used, cbn or black market rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2023
Program: MBA
COA: $28,000
Scholarship: $0
Funding: Personal Funds
Visa status: approved

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2023
1. as soon as you can find date for a re-interview.

2. No rules. Since Gross is higher, that should do it.

3. CBN rate.

TheExclusive:
Good day house,

1. Please how long after first attempt can one do a second attempt?

2. When quoting ones salary, should it be gross or net pay?

3. What exchange rate is used, cbn or black market rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
TEMIT0PE:
1. as soon as you can find date for a re-interview.

2. No rules. Since Gross is higher, that should do it.

3. CBN rate.

Thanks Temitope
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bmichael22: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wow... congratulations
I'd really love to hear your average monthly earnings. How can I DM you pls? I have sent too many anonymous mails 😥 (My contact +2347043133403)

Belle123:
8/12/22
Lagos embassy
First Attempt
Visa Approved

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Belle123: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
good morning . I didn’t indicate any information about my spouse . I left the column blank . Tbh boyfriend sef I no get
sogba1145:
Good morning , I want you clear something.You were asked whether you are married and you said you will be getting married when you return after your study.The question is, in your ds 160 form , did you indicate the information about your would be spouse or you left the coloum NIL or perhaps you indicate not marry?.
Big THANKS in anticipation for your response.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Twemi(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
[quote author=chibertha post=123535252]their employer should file for H1 visa for them and give them all the required documents
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Going for chemistry as a pharmacist is like going backward
That there is the reason for the denial.

ahmedgafar7:
08/06/23
Lagos Visa: Denied

COA : 37 000$
GTA: 27 000$
DEFICIT: 10 000$

Interviewed at window 2 by a man on a blue paper issuing spree

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir

VO: Pass me your documents
Me: I did

VO: What school are you going to
Me: Middle Tennessee State University

VO: What do you do
Me: I’m a quality control pharmacist at …. I ascertain that finished products meet standards of pharmaceutical grade……VO cuts in

VO: You are a pharmacist?
Me: Yes

VO: You are going for a master’s in chemistry you have done these programs before (sternly)
Me: No, I will be focused on advanced methods of physicochemical analysis of drugs……I will come back to take a position at NAFDAC….VO cuts in

VO: Who will be covering your 10k deficit ?
Me: My sister, she owns……..a chain of frozen foods businesses…..VO cuts in

VO: Has she sponsored anybody before ?
Me: No, she has not

VO: You do not qualify for a non immigrant visa….then issues blue paper.

Everything was over in less than 2mins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
you can only do that as a Nigerian if you have PR there
TenaciousOrphan:
Has anyone here attended interview in Benin Republic, Togo or Any other West African country due to this date scarcity in Nigeria, especially Abuja. My portal can’t see any date for in Lagos, only Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Your 4 years old will go to preschool while your 6-year-old will go to elementary 1.
You do not need a nanny, for them because you work 20hrs a week so you must have closed from work by the time they are done with school.
eg you resume work at 8 am and close at 1 pm that is 4hrs, Monday to Friday gives yous 20hrs

Elily:
Hi everyone,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
08/06/23
Lagos Visa: Denied

COA : 37 000$
GTA: 27 000$
DEFICIT: 10 000$

Interviewed at window 2 by a man on a blue paper issuing spree

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir

VO: Pass me your documents
Me: I did

VO: What school are you going to
Me: Middle Tennessee State University

VO: What do you do
Me: I’m a quality control pharmacist at …. I ascertain that finished products meet standards of pharmaceutical grade……VO cuts in

VO: You are a pharmacist?
Me: Yes

VO: You are going for a master’s in chemistry you have done these programs before (sternly)
Me: No, I will be focused on advanced methods of physicochemical analysis of drugs……I will come back to take a position at NAFDAC….VO cuts in

VO: Who will be covering your 10k deficit ?
Me: My sister, she owns……..a chain of frozen foods businesses…..VO cuts in

VO: Has she sponsored anybody before ?
Me: No, she has not

VO: You do not qualify for a non immigrant visa….then issues blue paper.

Everything was over in less than 2mins.
But u were denied because your wife gave birth in US.. and you didnt show proof that all expenses had been paid… or that you didnt let immigration officer know that your wife was coming to have a baby on B1/B2 visa.

So how come you got rejected again in less than 2 months?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Greatkenny2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.