Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,165 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (698007 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (540) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by RSQLPython: 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
My brother had his interview last week Friday, July 8.

First Attempt for F-1 Visa
Previously denied B1/B2 renewal in 2019
Degree: Masters of Law (LLM)
Scholarship : $45,000
Deficit: $45,000
Window 5: Young Lady
Lagos Consulate

Me: Good morning
V. O: Good morning

(I then passed my I-20 and passport to her)

V. O: Why are you going to this school?

Me: My near term goal is to work for the United Nations here in Nigeria and also represent international clients. To achieve this, I need a master’s degree in international law. Recognizing this fact, I shortlisted three schools with high ranking in International law. I choose XX university because it ranked higher. It was ranked to be a university with very high research activities and thereby making it one of the top universities nationwide.

V.O: How are you funding your study?

Me: I got a $45,000 scholarship in tuition and the deficit will be covered by my father. He is the CEO and chairman of *** **** company. He has properties scattered across the country. He has…

V. O: You said he has?

Me: Several properties all over the country.

V. O: Ok

V.O: So, what do you do?

Me: I work at ***** *****Ltd as an associate in the real estate and construction department. Handling complex litigation and transactional matters.

V. O: You work there for how long now?

Me: One year now

V.O: One year?

Me: Yes

V. O: Ok. Have you been to the U.S before?

Me: Yes, I went to the U.S in 2017 with my parents on a vacation

V.O: Ok. Do you have a sibling there?

Me: Yes, I have a brother in the U.S

V.O: What does he do there?

Me: He works for the XX government as a senior engineer helping the state to achieve their clean energy and climate goal.

V.O: Which school did he go to?

Me: He attended Bleep for his master’s degree and XX for his Ph.D.

V.O: Ok

(She then kept typing and typing then took out a white paper and said…)

V.O: Your visa has been approved. Take this for information to pick up your passport.

Me: As Omolomo wey I be. I Just said thank you and picked the white paper, then I walked out.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Anfieldboss:
Guys, I am in a dilemma.

I registered for GRE with an agent I met here on Nairaland and paid 68k for the exam. The guy did the registration for me, but after sometime, I noticed an outstanding of $250.38 on my GRE test profile due to chargeback. I informed him, he said he would rectify it. I think he did, because the outstanding payment was cleared.

After sometime, an outstanding payment of $280.38 appeared on my GRE test profile again, still as a result of chargeback. This time I became worried that the guy might be making the payments through fraudulent means, as the payments keep being reversed with a higher charge. When I notified him, he said he would fix it and that I should not worry and keep studying for my test. He eventually fixed it (or so I thought) and the outstanding payment was cleared.

Today, I decided to check my GRE test profile, and I noticed an outstanding balance of $310.38 has resurfaced on my GRE account, still as a result of chargeback. I have asked for a refund from the guy (I hope he gives me), but I am considering registering for the GRE with a new account I have already created.

My question is will there be any consequence(s) if I register for the GRE test with another new account. I don't want a situation where this outstanding fee will be transferred to my new account, because as it is now, the outstanding balance on this account where the agent helped me to make payments is already far higher than the original GRE registration fee.

Please experienced guys in the house, advise a brother.
Yes Dear, they will catch you unless you want to register with a different profile entirely which is not possible considering ur other academic credentials, my advice is that if he refunds you find a way to add money and pay the money legitimately to avoid being banned by ETS, case closed.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Yes Dear, they will catch you unless you want to register with a different profile entirely which is not possible considering ur other academic credentials, my advice is that if he refunds you find a way to add money and pay the money legitimately to avoid being banned by ETS, case closed.

I doubt if they will catch him. Several people answer the same name, and coincidentally have the same DOB. He should use another email. Nothing will happen. I had similar problems then and I opened a new account with another email, then registered and paid myself using barter by flutterwave.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 12:20am On Jul 13, 2022
IkhideDora:
Hi,
My cousin was in 3rd year at a federal University. due to strike, I advised him to apply for an UG programme. He sat for a fresh waec exam and used it for an undergraduate visa application.

Unfortunately, his application was declined. He is considering his options as he will be graduating this year,( if the strike is called off) and apply again.

This time, he wants to apply for a graduate program. I want to know if this would be a problem, having entered in his Ds-160 that he graduated High-school last year.

I feel bad because I talked him into doing this and even filled his Ds-160.

Will this be a problem at all?

Wahala o wa Po ju bayii embarassed well he should finish his MSc and use the wait time to do his Masters in Nigeria before applying again.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 1:40am On Jul 13, 2022
grin
UmmZayd:

Wahala o wa Po ju bayii embarassed well he should finish his MSc and use the wait time to do his Masters in Nigeria before applying again.

All the best

Masters grin

I’m sure they also falsified his age! And most degree certificate has the age on your olvl on the actual certificate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Letsgettit233: 4:22am On Jul 13, 2022
Is there any free transcript evaluation site? If no, what happens if I submit my transcript from my institution directly to the schooling I’m applying for without WES evaluating it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Doubuzofficial: 4:50am On Jul 13, 2022
chibertha:

So those who have been putting theirs have no sense abi.
This is a faceless forum nobody send you ok.

Nor vex
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adesbaba: 6:24am On Jul 13, 2022
adesbaba:

Pls fam

Pls fam
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adesbaba: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2022
adesbaba:
Hello family,

Please I have a cousin that has bsc in guidance and counselling with 3 years work experience. She wants to go for Msc in psychology (with focus on organizational psychology) in the U.S.Her bsc Cgpa is 3.99/5.0 with GRE score of 272....

1. Please what very affordable schools can she apply to??

2 .Can she get full/partial funding with her profile,if not, what should she do??

Pls fam..thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Queengel: 9:24am On Jul 13, 2022
Hello everyone if you want to pay for SEVIS fee and you are looking for trustworthy person please contact @ walspring he will help you pay it within one he is The most honestly person I have ever seen please patronize him

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2022
Nozino:
grin

Masters grin

I’m sure they also falsified his age! And most degree certificate has the age on your olvl on the actual certificate.

Toor! E don happen lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by graciousify(f): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2022
good morning everyone.

f1 visa was approved while f2 visa was denied.

Please can they apply again? how soon?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2022
adesbaba:

Pls fam..thanks

She will have to do her own research. Although the GRE score is on the low side but she should still find a school that will fund her partially base on her GPA and experience. Google can do a lot more than you can imagine though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2022
hello please can someone going for spring senester, have his or her interview in august?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Norahleee: 11:25am On Jul 13, 2022
Please if anyone knows when dates is released for Abuja consulate. Please let me know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by peacenaija(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
hello house...I have some questions that have been bothering me...
1. is it a must to write a standardized test like TOEFL,SAT, GRE e.t.c. even if the school doesn't request for it? I already applied for a Uni in USA that waived IELTS and GRE even the application fee.
2. if someone doesn't need to write any test according to the school admission system...how will someone tel the Visa officer that the school doesn't request for it?

a quick response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
peacenaija:
hello house...I have some questions that have been bothering me...
1. is it a must to write a standardized test like TOEFL,SAT, GRE e.t.c. even if the school doesn't request for it? I already applied for a Uni in USA that waived IELTS and GRE even the application fee.
2. if someone doesn't need to write any test according to the school admission system...how will someone tel the Visa officer that the school doesn't request for it?

a quick response will be highly appreciated.

Simple, just tell the visa officer the school waived it and didn't request for it. No need to lie. Say it as it is. And no its not a must to write those test especially when ur school and dept waived it.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Boyco: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please I'm trying to pay application fee to a school in Us but my card isn't working for it, is there another way i can pay the money. Its 90 dollars. Is there someone in US that can help me and i pay the person back in naira equivalent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
I have replied

Greattestman:
thanks...done
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by umike: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good day everyone, my sister (F1, Fall Admission, Aug'22) missed the email for emergency appointment. What can she do to get another expedited appointment? Does she need to cancel the current one and re apply using a new MRV? Will that work? Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
krcboy:
hello please can someone going for spring senester, have his or her interview in august?

Yes, the person can. But if approved, the passport will not be retained and the person will be told to comeback (usually Yellow slip would be given) at a later date to submit for visa issuance.

Or the passport would be collected by the consular officer and the applicant told to expect an email or text indicating when it would be ready for collection.

This is because Visa issuance has to be within 120 days of Program start date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
graciousify:
good morning everyone.

f1 visa was approved while f2 visa was denied.

Please can they apply again? how soon?

pleaae can i be added to lagos date search groups please. 07036288213

Yes, they can. I would recommend after the F1 holder has arrived in the US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lochinny91: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good afternoon everyone! Thank you for all you in this group. It’s been helpful. Please I’d want to ask, while filling the DS-160 form for F1 visa, should I put my US citizen children as my travel companions?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
PURDUE PURDUE PURDUE

IF YOU ARE IN PURDUE UNIVERSITY OR INTENDING TO, KINDLY JOIN THE GROUP LET'S FAMILIARISE.

strictly for Purdue University Students or intending Students please.

https:///JitCEFcWbI78OJFxTdWuCL

Quote this message so you can see the full link and copy it on your browser.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
Vikrex:
PURDUE PURDUE PURDUE

IF YOU ARE IN PURDUE UNIVERSITY OR INTENDING TO, KINDLY JOIN THE GROUP LET'S FAMILIARISE.

strictly for Purdue University Students or intending Students

Quote this message so you can see the full link and copy it on your browser.

https:///JitCEFcWbI78OJFxTdWuCL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good people of NL

Can I use a company's bank statement as POF to get my I-20 and then change my POF later on to get another I-20 that I'll use at the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mblog(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

TOWSON UNIVERSITY MARYLAND

If you are a newly admitted student of Towson university or intending student...contact me via WhatsApp with the phone number below..

08132470290...no calls

Note: WhatsApp only and you would be added to the school group

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
chibertha:
I have replied

Thanks ma'am...But I checked my inbox and spam there was no message. Can I drop my email so you can send msg directly? pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
Boyco:
Please I'm trying to pay application fee to a school in Us but my card isn't working for it, is there another way i can pay the money. Its 90 dollars. Is there someone in US that can help me and i pay the person back in naira equivalent.

User barter by flutterwave.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Exactly
even the passport and NIN he used were falsified.
E don choke for them.

Our people a lot of times do not think before they act.
The person who wrote this seems to be an agent to me I don't buy that cousin crap.

Nozino:
grin

Masters grin

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jacknn: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
emmanuelle27:

Wait u mean banned, or get another cash back,abeg clarify this because I'm in this case too o,the person that registered me wants to clear it again after having another cash back,I'm afraid he shouldn't use voucher again to clear it,but dis one u mentioned ban so,is it ban or having anoda cashback?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
I dey vex because if na like this them make we close shop simple.

Doubuzofficial:

Nor vex

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (540) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.