Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (676798 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Uppityruby: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2022
Were you also handed your passport? Read the white paper and follow whatever instructions they wrote on the paper. If it's what I think it is, they probably want additional documents. Take everything to DHL office and you should be good to go.
But if the consular office retained your passport, just chill then or send an email for clarification if you're confused. Hope this helps!
Legacy86:

No one is saying something about the above transcript?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2022
Uppityruby:
Please go with the original stamped bank document.
But it really doesn't matter about your mom putting money in the account. If asked simply tell them that your sent it to support you.

Thanks bro.

Which should I submit for my I20 form? E statement of stamped bank statement?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Haywhysat: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2022
[quote author=justwise post=114115612][/quote]
Hello, I am currently looking for a favourable date for visa appointment, my school is resuming next month, August and I don't have a good date yet. My visa interview is Abuja, can I be added to a date searching group please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 9:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Haywhysat:

Hello, I am currently looking for a favourable date for visa appointment, my school is resuming next month, August and I don't have a good date yet. My visa interview is Abuja, can I be added to a date searching group please?

Did you use the option of an EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Haywhysat: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

Did you use the option of an EA?
No, I have not used that yet. I thought I should search for dates before using it. Do you think I should use that right away? I heard and read how people are being denied and even dates not favorable for the resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 9:26am On Jul 12, 2022
Haywhysat:

No, I have not used that yet. I thought I should search for dates before using it. Do you think I should use that right away? I heard and read how people are being denied and even dates not favorable for the resumption.

I really don't know much about these things. I'm even yet to receive my I20. But from what I read here, one should choose the closest possible date available and then subsequently apply for an EA with proofs attached.

I may be wrong. The gurus are in the best position to advise you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Haywhysat: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

I really don't know much about these things. I'm even yet to receive my I20. But from what I read here, one should choose the closest possible date available and then subsequently apply for an EA with proofs attached.

I may be wrong. The gurus are in the best position to advise you

Thank you. I will wait for other responses also
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by farggie(m): 9:53am On Jul 12, 2022
ramon212:
hello, do anyone know if applying for PhD have higher visa approval?
Yes, especially if it is fully funded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leemahsofine: 9:58am On Jul 12, 2022
please kindly assist with possible question for newly wedded i am the dependant hes the one schooling
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leemahsofine: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2022
Uppityruby:
You can not enter the US prior to 30 days before your earliest admission. You can be sent back if you go before the 30 days.

so yu mean for a september class one cant go around july or august
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Confide22(f): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2022
Good morning people.

Please my enquiry is on F1 visas. I've tried to go through the thread and I'm somehow stumbling on only B1 visas an the likes.

I got my i-20 from my school last week. What's the next step please.? Also saw something about the SEVIS fee or so. Please I'd appreciate a detailed guidance, preferably from someone who recently traveled for studies.

My admission came with an 80% funding scholarship. I also have a cousin (a priest), who lives 7mins away from the school, and who's going to be my sponsor on living expenses and the other 20% tuition. I'd be staying with him, and he has already identified with the school. I have a great paying job and an investment as well. Though I have never traveled before. What are my chances of getting the visa as quickly as possible please?

NB: My program starts on September 6th 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Arizona042: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2022
farggie:
They never requested for police clearance.

Thanks man. Could you please tell me the documents being requested by the Nigerian Immigration Service at the airports?
Eg. Covid 19 & yellow fever vaccine cards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olaoluwanaira: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Hi all, I applied for expedited date since last week but have not got any response. My application centre is Lagos and my course start date is 15 August. Please kindly help.
I want to join the search group also.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jeval: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Arizona042:

Thanks man. Could you please tell me the documents being requested by the Nigerian Immigration Service at the airports?
Eg. Covid 19 & yellow fever vaccine cards

ah me i have neither o like is it that necessary??
undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olaoluwanaira: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Uppityruby:
I know a school that GRE is optional for electrical and computer engineering if you're interested.

Please I am interested
yinkalautech@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legacy86: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2022
CreativeWeb:

1. What does your husband do?

2. With a turnover of 60m, why is your sister taking only 25%?

I will be funding 75% of the deficit with the saving I got from over 6 years of working plus the sales of landed property own by myself and husband.
Pls let me know how to restructure it in a better way
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaywhyUnusual: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2022
Is there anybody here that was denied visa and re applied using regular before six months and was still interviewed in lagos this july??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legacy86: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
CreativeWeb:

1. What does your husband do?

2. With a turnover of 60m, why is your sister taking only 25%?

Or is it best to use my husband as the sponsor instead of being self sponsor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by caelish: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2022
Hi everyone,

So my old passport was to expire in November, and I used it to book for my F1 interview in January. However I haven't been able to get a date closer than August, and my passport now has less than 6 months validity. I have renewed the passport and have a new one now, but my old passport which I used to book the interview has been stamped "Canceled Without Prejudice"

Can I still go to the interview with the old passport (also taking the new one along) or do I have to cancel the appointment and book a new one with my new passport?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mblog(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2022
Haywhysat:

Thank you. I will wait for other responses also

My dear don't bother wasting your EA, according to source ..abuja embassy has limited VO now...DatS why we are not seeing any close date yet.....just join and searching group and hunt for favorable dates like some of us are doing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mblog(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2022
caelish:
Hi everyone,

So my old passport was to expire in November, and I used it to book for my F1 interview in January. However I haven't been able to get a date closer than August, and my passport now has less than 6 months validity. I have renewed the passport and have a new one now, but my old passport which I used to book the interview has been stamped "Canceled Without Prejudice"

Can I still go to the interview with the old passport (also taking the new one along) or do I have to cancel the appointment and book a new one with my new passport?

Thank you
Go with both passport..both old and new

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by caelish: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2022
mblog:

Go with both passport..both old and new

So it won't affect my chances?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ramon212: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
farggie:
Yes, especially if it is fully funded.

Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jeval: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
Greattestman:
Jeval your attention is needed

Okay? Hi how can i help?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
[quote author=shawlar post=114623823][/quote]Pls check ur email

Guys, pls don't hesitate to contact me if need (a)motivation letters for admission/sbolarship

(b)GRE prep material

(C) mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Haywhysat: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
mblog:

My dear don't bother wasting your EA, according to source ..abuja embassy has limited VO now...DatS why we are not seeing any close date yet.....just join and searching group and hunt for favorable dates like some of us are doing

Can you add me to any Abuja date searching group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello people,

Which should I submit for my I20 form, account E statement of stamped bank statement?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Easydgre8: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Uppityruby:
You can not enter the US prior to 30 days before your earliest admission. You can be sent back if you go before the 30 days.
Okay thanks. So if someone is sent back because of that reason does it mean the visa is revoke? Or the person can still book another flight when he/she gets back to 9ja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MercyShire: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
I have a similar case, though I have someone sponsoring my student loan on Sallie mae, I dnt know if it will affect my visa,

Some one should please respond to this...

Thanks

Confide22:
Good morning people.

Please my enquiry is on F1 visas. I've tried to go through the thread and I'm somehow stumbling on only B1 visas an the likes.

I got my i-20 from my school last week. What's the next step please.? Also saw something about the SEVIS fee or so. Please I'd appreciate a detailed guidance, preferably from someone who recently traveled for studies.

My admission came with an 80% funding scholarship. I also have a cousin (a priest), who lives 7mins away from the school, and who's going to be my sponsor on living expenses and the other 20% tuition. I'd be staying with him, and he has already identified with the school. I have a great paying job and an investment as well. Though I have never traveled before. What are my chances of getting the visa as quickly as possible please?

NB: My program starts on September 6th 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greattestman: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jeval:

Okay? Hi how can i help?
Ayoola222 needs date search group on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Iwuoha2: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
Greattestman:
Ayoola222 needs date search group on whatsapp

Please I also need to join a date search group.

Kindly add my number: 08136964309.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
PURDUE PURDUE PURDUE

IF YOU ARE IN PURDUE UNIVERSITY OR INTENDING TO, KINDLY JOIN THE GROUP LET'S FAMILIARISE.

strictly for Purdue University Students or intending Students please.

https:///JitCEFcWbI78OJFxTdWuCL

Quote this message so you can see the full link and copy it on your browser.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: pureeeelife, EmmyPers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.