Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696605 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yes it is. Questions that can come up are:

Your Relationship with the person
How did the person get into the US(very important). NB: I hope it wasn’t through F1 cos that’s a red flag
Status of the person in the US
What the person does in the US and annual income of the person.

kenlouis:
Hello,
Please is it possible for somone in the US to provide me with POF like a foreign statement of account for I20 application?
Will it be a concern during the visa interview?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Guys, has anyone gotten date yet with Abuja embassy?

The wait is getting longer mehn
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
VISA DELEYED 20th June 2023
Lagos Embassy
6:30 appointment but I was interviewed around 7
Will just go straight to the interview 🥲
Me:Goodmorning sir
Vo:Good morning,pass me your passport &i20
Vo:what course are you going for?
Me:I’m going for masters of public Administration at Georgia southern university,statesboro
Vo:Do you have a bachelor’s degree?
Me:Yes I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in History &International studies from delta state university Abraka and I graduated in 2021.
Vo:I can see you have a 39,257 deficit ,how will you cover for it?
Me:My beloved maternal uncle will be covering my deficit ,he has been sponsoring my education since my first degree and since my father fell ill in 2016 and he also understands the importance of this degree to my career advancement.
Vo:what does he do and how much is his income?
Me:He is a successful business man ,he is into real estate and hospitality,he is a major player in this business for 20 years now with 15 rental apartments across Lagos ,Abuja ,he owns an hotel with a staff strength of 25 and a combined income of 80m.
Vo:so you are telling me your uncle has makes an annual income of 80m ?
Me:Yes sir ,he makes 80m annually.
At this point he was just typing and typing he didn’t even look up self .Then the next thing I heard was😣👇🏼
Vo:Sorry we have strict policies bla bla and gave me blue paper😩

Please gurus in the house what went wrong ,I need your advice on this and how to go about it next time🥲Should I have used my parent instead or is the uncle income too small? Cause I want to reapply and my program earliest date is august and I don’t know if I should still go to Lagos embassy or Abuja ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
GirlyLois:
Lagos Embassy
Me:I’m going for masters of public Administration at Georgia southern university,statesboro
Me:Yes I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in History &International studies from delta state university Abraka and I graduated in 2021.
Me:My beloved maternal uncle will be covering my deficit ,he has been sponsoring my education since my first degree and since my father fell ill in 2016 and he also understands the importance of this degree to my career advancement.
Me:He is a successful business man ,he is into real estate and hospitality,he is a major player in this business for 20 years now with 15 rental apartments across Lagos ,Abuja ,he owns an hotel with a staff strength of 25 and a combined income of 80m.
At this point he was just typing and typing he didn’t even look up self .Then the next thing I heard was😣👇🏼

Please gurus in the house what went wrong ,I need your advice on this and how to go about it next time🥲Should I have used my parent instead or is the uncle income too small? Cause I want to reapply and my program earliest date is august and I don’t know if I should still go to Lagos embassy or Abuja ?
80m/per annum/6.6m seems low for someone witn a huge investment portfolio .. by the time, he’s done taking care of his immediate family, he may not have enough left to cover ur $40k deficit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ells: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Please my interview is sometime next month and i’d like to partake in mock sessions. If you’re part of any group on any platform where mock sessions are done regularly, please I’m very much interested. If you could share links, I’d appreciate it. Thank you so much 🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
In filling your DS-160, what did you put as your monthly salary ?

GirlyLois:
Lagos Embassy

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
How much do you think should be fine. I know it mustn’t be too big as well.
BigIyanga:

80m/per annum/6.6m seems low for someone witn a huge investment portfolio .. by the time, he’s done taking care of his immediate family, he may not have enough left to cover ur $40k deficit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Whunmiee: 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
qlam:

Hello. Have you found one, for the mock interview page?

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
Thank you

ikelords:
I wasn't fully funded. Your job roles/ duties and how you explain them matters .. It was my first try and I had a deficit of 32k usd
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
mojolajesu:
In filling your DS-160, what did you put as your monthly salary ?

I didn’t state any cause I filled that I was volunteering as an NGO coordinator.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kenlouis(m): 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
Pls is this gist about dollar rate going to impact on an already submitted SOA. Like for those who already received I20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yink007: 1:31am On Jun 22, 2023
Please i need to be added to an interview mock group and interview search date. 08121758484. God Bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 1:33am On Jun 22, 2023
As long as you have your I-20, it should be a problem I guess
kenlouis:
Pls is this gist about dollar rate going to impact on an already submitted SOA. Like for those who already received I20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Seedorf4real(m): 3:05am On Jun 22, 2023
Pl
mojolajesu:
Guys, has anyone gotten date yet with Abuja embassy?

The wait is getting longer mehn

Hello, please I'm searching for appointment date for Abuja as well. Kindly add me(07030929795) incase if you get the group link.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holashikemi(f): 3:20am On Jun 22, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kenlouis(m): 3:33am On Jun 22, 2023
should or shouldn't?

mojolajesu:
As long as you have your I-20, it should be a problem I guess
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 5:09am On Jun 22, 2023
Do all schools request for official transcript for MSc admission before admission is given? Nigerian school is requesting for 25k to send the official transcript directly to just one school in U.S
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damosade(m): 5:37am On Jun 22, 2023
Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realdemi(f): 6:26am On Jun 22, 2023
Bigolly:
Do all schools request for official transcript for MSc admission before admission is given? Nigerian school is requesting for 25k to send the official transcript directly to just one school in U.S

Nigerian schools charge that much to send transcripts abroad. My school charged 30K. You have to factor in the cost of courier service provider (usually DHL) that the school will use in sending the transcript abroad.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2023
welf99:
Please go for it. You will be approved, have confidence to answer any questions thrown at you...get your story right.

Hello Chief,

Will a comm college fly for someone whos 27/28 with a previous BSc and whos willing to later switch to BSc?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yaasir(m): 9:05am On Jun 22, 2023
Bigolly:
Most schools do not until you get admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nemerem1: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2023
Please can anyone help me with this? My date is fast approaching
Nemerem1:
Hello NL
Please my proposed employers wants to pen down an official commitment letter or offer letter for my visa interview. Please I need a format or a template for it. If you used this as employment ties please tag this post. Maybe I can hit you up on call or mail.

If you have a way to help me, please also reach out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2023
hustla:

Hello Chief,

Will a comm college fly for someone whos 27/28 with a previous BSc and whos willing to later switch to BSc?

No sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2023
Please can I submit my brothers company account as proof of funds or my in laws personal account ?
Please I need reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 10:43am On Jun 22, 2023
I'm not sure going to a community college for someone who already has a previous Bsc is a good idea, I think it's okay for someone who just finished secondary School and wants to go to a community college before transferring to a university than someone who already has a BSc
hustla:

Hello Chief,

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Omolasho22: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2023
Please i need to be added to an interview mock group and interview search date. 09045218124 thanks.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crestedaguiyi: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2023
guys please how do i get a statement of medium of instruction and statement of working in English
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 11:53am On Jun 22, 2023
sobastical:

No sir

Thank you for your reply

Will another Bsc / BSn in Nursing suffice in this case?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2023
Ogundare26:
I'm not sure going to a community college for someone who already has a previous Bsc is a good idea, I think it's okay for someone who just finished secondary School and wants to go to a community college before transferring to a university than someone who already has a BSc

Thank you for your input. My thoughts exactly but ...I do have a friend who did Bsc in India but then went to Associates Degree in Cybersecurity

Not sure how he did it or pulled it off or maybe he did not mention the BSc he had
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
yinkhar:
What is wrong with this Abuja sef! Someone applied for emergency interview since June 1 and no response till today

Nothing is wrong with them. If you've been reading transcripts from there, you'd notice only two VOs have been on sit for a while now. They've got backlogs to clear remember.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
hustla:

Thank you for your reply

Will another Bsc / BSn in Nursing suffice in this case?

Depending on your age

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: GodsFavour2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.