Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696776 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
First all, colleges don't give funding, your best bet is to apply for bsc in universities. With a good profile you can get some sort of funding.
Secondly, going for second Bsc is the problem but the problem will be How old are you and why are you going for your bsc now, and why college . If you can answer those questions in the presence of VO convincingly you should be fine.
Thirdly, have a good profile, apply to university, get your Visa and when you get to the USA you can transfer to a college
hustla:

Is it possible to get funding from community colleges for Associates Degree? What are the chances of someone with a previous BSc in something unrelated getting a visa using associates degree?

If yes, what's the best way to go about the funding and does it increase one's chances of securing a visa?

Apologies for my many questions, just wanted to kill 4 birds with one stone

smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Just be patient, you will definitely get a date. Hope you picked regular instead of previously denied.
Olawrites:

Thanks. I've called them 3 times but they kept saying that I'd need to wait till it get approved, that the customer service can't FasTrack it or do anything about it.
Now, I'm patiently waiting for them.

I will get date soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Maybe you should apply to university. Sometimes, VOs frown upon colleges. I won't advise you to reapply again for visa without changing something in your approach.
Ogundare26:
My dad is the one funding me throughout I don't have anyone else to do it for me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:
Just be patient, you will definitely get a date. Hope you picked regular instead of previously denied.

Yes Regular
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:
First all, colleges don't give funding, your best bet is to apply for bsc in universities. With a good profile you can get some sort of funding.
Secondly, going for second Bsc is the problem but the problem will be How old are you and why are you going for your bsc now, and why college . If you can answer those questions in the presence of VO convincingly you should be fine.
Thirdly, have a good profile, apply to university, get your Visa and when you get to the USA you can transfer to a college

Thank you!
Can I send a DM?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
No I just finished secondary School and it's $27,605 for 12 months
hustla:

Do you have a BSc and how much is the yearly cost of the program?

I have someone who's looking into this route too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
I just finished secondary School and I thought going to a college was also a good idea before transferring to a university and I just need to do 2 years in the community college and transfer to a university to do the remaining 2 years since it's also allowed
I have also wrote down some points I could say when I go for my next interview and the vo asks me why I'm going for an associate degree.
Sisib15:
Maybe you should apply to university. Sometimes, VOs frown upon colleges. I won't advise you to reapply again for visa without changing something in your approach.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogundare26:
No I just finished secondary School and it's $27,605 for 12 months

Mehn, that's a lot of money

Think most schools offer 2 year Programmes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
Join mock session to perfect your answers. I wish you well in your next attempt
Ogundare26:
I just finished secondary School and I thought going to a college was also a good idea before transferring to a university and I just need to do 2 years in the community college and transfer to a university to do the remaining 2 years since it's also allowed
I have also wrote down some points I could say when I go for my next interview and the vo asks me why I'm going for an associate degree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chizurumb: 12:27am On Jun 21, 2023
Good day great minds

Please I need your thought on this question

As a Bsc holder with a 3.81 CGPA, Can I study for an MBA and come back to serve as an assistant lecturer in my alma mater?

Please help your own
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:23am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogundare26:
Your chances of getting approved are slim if you are going to a community college.
How old are you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Hello2023: 5:30am On Jun 21, 2023
yinkhar:
What is wrong with this Abuja sef! Someone applied for emergency interview since June 1 and no response till today
They have been a pain in the ass lately. Slow in everything
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Just4000: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2023
Good morning house,

While trying to register and schedule appointment it keeps asking me to go back to step 2 and choose a consulate even when i had chosen Abuja. Please who else is experiencing this or there's something that am not doing right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dharmielorlarh: 7:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Thank you guyz for your help
Really appreciate 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2023
I'm 18 it's not like I can't go to a university but I have to resume at this college by August and going to a university means I have to start over again and resume next year
BigIyanga:

Your chances of getting approved are slim if you are going to a community college.
How old are you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2023
This is totally wrong and it's not true. I think most of you here have no idea how American education system is structured. Please do a bit more to educate yourself..

BigIyanga:

How old are you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2023
Please go for it. You will be approved, have confidence to answer any questions thrown at you...get your story right.

Ogundare26:
I'm 18 it's not like I can't go to a university but I have to resume at this college by August and going to a university means I have to start over again and resume next year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2023
welf99:
This is totally wrong and it's not true. I think most of you here have no idea how American education system is structured. Please do a bit more to educate yourself..

Mister/Miss US Educator, tell us how US education works and how it’s designed in favor of F1 applicants going to community college?

Since you have decided to be the gatekeeper of records, can you tell us how many community college applicants here got approved from 2022-23?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:44am On Jun 21, 2023
welf99:
Please go for it. You will be approved, have confidence to answer any questions thrown at you...get your story right.

Hope is not a strategy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogundare26:
Use that same energy and resources to apply to a 4-yr college.
Why a community college? What are the pros of attending a community college?
Use your youth wisely. Dont settle for less. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Amazon2190: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

Is anyone going to or already in St. Mary's university, San Antonio?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kenlouis(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello,
Please is it possible for somone in the US to provide me with POF like a foreign statement of account for I20 application?
Will it be a concern during the visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ide2012: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello guys, how do I pay service fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by danielnwatu(m): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello guys, have any one gotten visa appointment in lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greenstoneb(m): 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
ide2012:
Hello guys, how do I pay service fee?

Have you tried pay4me app? But it’s better when you get someone in the US to pay for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jaybenz: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Pls I will love to be added on whstapp group for Lagos interview here is my number 09051312639 thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bmichael22: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
It is possible. But it might raise concerns if you can't explain who the person is, what r/ship you have with them and why the person is sponsoring your education during the visa interview

kenlouis:
Hello,
Please is it possible for somone in the US to provide me with POF like a foreign statement of account for I20 application?
Will it be a concern during the visa interview?

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.