Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696502 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ballisaddict: 3:05am On Jun 19, 2023
Please who have an idea on how I would go about my US visa appointment date (Abuja). I just go my I-20 few days back, rumor has it that agent buy the dates, right now I’m bit confused if should just go buy the appointment from the bank. Please someone with experience should reply me thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bleble2022: 3:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Yes it's for Lagos

mimini:

I am not seeing all these early dates for Abuja visa office. Are these dates for Lagos? Did you apply with Lagos Office?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yaasir(m): 4:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Fortunia123:
Did you apply in the middle of a program? I want to leave a masters program in Germany to a better one in the US and I've scheduled my interview here in Germany but I don't know if that was a wise decision.

No. I applied after my program. I moved to another field entirely. There is no problem as long as you make full disclosure. The only challenge might be why you want to change from Germany to the US. Depending on the extent you have gone with your program in Germany, fashion a good answer. If it is still early in the program, you can claim that you are only attending the program in Germany pending when your offer comes out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olayinkamalik01: 5:57am On Jun 19, 2023
Hello everyone. Please advise me

I plan to renew my US F1 visa three months to expiration as listed by the embassy to quality for a non-interview renewal. However, I’m thinking if possible I can send my passport back to Nigeria and have someone help me with Dropbox instead of physical presence. Any thoughts on this please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Omolasho22: 6:13am On Jun 19, 2023
Hello Good morning guys,
Have been refused a us F1visa before and want to get another appointment date, is that easy to get a new date?...... Because I keep seeing there is currently no appointments available what can I do please

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chinonso2025: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2023
Good morning all, please I just got a visa interview date for Thursday 22/6/2023 8:15 am at Lagos U.S embassy. However, I just submitted my DS 160 form this morning Monday 19/6/2023 by 8:11 am. I also got informed that the DS 160 form should be submitted 72 hours before the time. So please did I submit the DS 160 form too late? what do you think I should do in this regard.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2023
Congratulations man. All the best

Olayinka744:
Visa status: APPROVED
First and last attempt
Lagos Consulate
13th of June, 2023
School: South Dakota school of mines and technology
Program: Masters in Industrial Engineering
Funding: Zero funding
Deficit: $27,290

God's grace, favour and mercy spoke for me because I thought I will be denied when I was stuttering when she asked me for what my sponsor does but God did it with a lot of prayers and fasting.

Interview Proper (By black American Woman)

F1: Good morning with a smile
VO: Good morning. Pass me your documents
F1: How are you doing today?
VO: Fine, thank you
VO: How old are you?
F1: XX years
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
F1: No. I have not had any reason to.
VO: What is your background?
F1: B.Sc in Chemical Engineering from Bleep University.
VO: What do you do for work?
F1: I work as a Project Engineer at Bleep. A fire safety Engineering and Consulting company
VO: How long have you been working in your current place of work?
F1: 3 years 3 months
VO: Why do you need this Masters?
F1: I need the Masters as a result of the Safety Project Manager vacancy that is about to be open at my current place of work due to the fact that the current Safety Project Manager will soon be transferred to the newly open branch outside lagos state.
So I discussed with my Engineering manager to express my interest in which he told me that I need to have the required skills and knowledge. And that is why I am going for this Masters program. (Note: my speech was incoherent here due to anxiety because she had already denied 3 people before me. I was number 4 on her queue).
VO: How do you intend to cover for your deficit?
F1: My mom and I will be covering my deficit.
My Mom in the person of Mrs. Bleep will be covering 70% of my COA. She makes a combined annual income of 45M.
VO: What does she do?
F1: She is one of the major distributor of Bleep products in Ondo State where she resides and also owns 20 hectares of Cocoa and Palm oil plantation.
VO: How much do you have to cover the remaining COA?
F1: I have a personal savings of 4.2M which I have saved over the 6 years of working and my company has also promised a 40% monthly paid study leave upon the approval of my Visa to support my living expenses throughout the duration of my program.
(Note: at this point, she told me to slow down that it seems I talk too fast? I said yes)
She then said let me get this straight. You mean your mom will be covering the larger part of your COA and you will be taking care of the rest? I said yes. And she said I will be approving your visa. Take this white paper and the rest was history.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmymajesty: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2023
Omolasho22:
Hello Good morning guys,
Have been refused a us F1visa before and want to get another appointment date, is that easy to get a new date?...... Because I keep seeing there is currently no appointments available what can I do please

Please, am also in this status, if any update, kindly carry me along
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2023
Date is available in lagos. August is available in lagos. Check guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2023
I need help rescheduling my appointment, I go January 2024 date the first time I scheduled, I’ve been seeing people get earlier dates on here, I tried the cancelled page and it says”the earliest available slots is August 10” when I went back to the to the reschedule page the earliest date I saw is November 8, my question is do I have to cancel my appointment first before I can get earlier date ? Please I need your help guys

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2023
Sisib15:

I’m only seeing November dates, please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmymajesty: 11:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Sisib15:

Can I change from the Abuja embassy to the Lagos embassy, since my D-160 is showing Abuja.

Lastly, I was earlier refused under section 214b and now no dates or calendar is showing in my account for weeks now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chinonso2025: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good morning all, please I just got a visa interview date for Thursday 22/6/2023 8:15 am at Lagos U.S embassy. However, I just submitted my DS 160 form this morning Monday 19/6/2023 by 8:11 am. I also got informed that the DS 160 form should be submitted 72 hours before the time. So please did I submit the DS 160 form too late? what do you think I should do in this regard. @tope please help me answer this question.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
No, you don't need to cancel to get an earlier date. Infact it is advisable that you never cancel.
I once had a similar experience. I'll see an early date on the cancel page, but by the time I get to the reschedule page, I'll get a different date.

Just exercise patience. Continue to check the cancel page. When you find a favourable date, get to the reschedule page ASAP, and you'll see the date right there steering at you.

I saw a July 5th 2023 date yesterday morning. So it is possible.

febishola20:
I need help rescheduling my appointment, I go January 2024 date the first time I scheduled, I’ve been seeing people get earlier dates on here, I tried the cancelled page and it says”the earliest available slots is August 10” when I went back to the to the reschedule page the earliest date I saw is November 8, my question is do I have to cancel my appointment first before I can get earlier date ? Please I need your help guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Teddiement:
No, you don't need to cancel to get an earlier date. Infact it is advisable that you never cancel.
I once had a similar experience. I'll see an early date on the cancel page, but by the time I get to the reschedule page, I'll get a different date.

Just exercise patience. Continue to check the cancel page. When you find a favourable date, get to the reschedule page ASAP, and you'll see the date right there steering at

I saw a July 5th 2023 date yesterday morning. So it is possible.

Thank you bro I really appreciate the reply, I’ll keep checking
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ikelords(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
chinonso2025:
Good morning all, please I just got a visa interview date for Thursday 22/6/2023 8:15 am at Lagos U.S embassy. However, I just submitted my DS 160 form this morning Monday 19/6/2023 by 8:11 am. I also got informed that the DS 160 form should be submitted 72 hours before the time. So please did I submit the DS 160 form too late? what do you think I should do in this regard. @tope please help me answer this question.
do nothing.. I submitted mine 48hrs to interview date ... And I got the visa. No one should put fear in you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by qlam: 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good Day all. Pls which category does a person that was Previously Denied 7 months ago belong .

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
You were late or you have been denied before
febishola20:

I’m only seeing November dates, please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Choose regular
qlam:
Good Day all. Pls which category does a person that was Previously Denied 7 months ago belong .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
And you didn't post your transcript for us to learn
ikelords:
do nothing.. I submitted mine 48hrs to interview date ... And I got the visa. No one should put fear in you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by febishola20: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
Sisib15:
You were late or you have been denied before

I’ve been denied before, but that was like 7 months ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
Choose regular
febishola20:

I’ve been denied before, but that was like 7 months ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmymajesty: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Can I change from the Abuja embassy to the Lagos embassy, since my D-160 is showing Abuja.

Lastly, I was earlier refused under section 214b (within the last 6 months) and now no dates or calendar is showing in my account for weeks now for re-appointment purpose.

Please, how can I get appointment date before August 15th.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Emmymajesty:

Lastly, I was earlier refused under section 214b (within the last 6 months) and now no dates or calendar is showing in my account for weeks now for re-appointment purpose.

Please, how can I get appointment date before August 15th.

Lagos has refused to approve date for second timer as it can even take you weeks to get reviewed and approved (if possible). Just stick with Abuja if they release date anytime soon you grab yours.
Hopefully they release soon

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dharmielorlarh: 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hello
Pls I need help o
If the school is asking for statement of account not more than 3months. Can someone start POF for one month then present to the school for i-20?
Pls very urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talk2Zan(f): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Is anyone here attending University of South Dakota either as a current student or incoming student?

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Toshod, Hybikay07(m), Instructor001(m), MiraJay12, pureeeelife, Roon9(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.