Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (676051 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
You have asked numerous questions around bank statement as it's really beginning to look strange.

Didn't the school tell you exacty what to do ?

Anyways, unless specified otherwise, whenever an institution requests for a bank statement, they require a run of 6 months.

Dharmielorlarh:
Hello
Pls I need help o
If the school is asking for statement of account not more than 3months. Can someone start POF for one month then present to the school for i-20?
Pls very urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dharmielorlarh: 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
TEMIT0PE:
You have asked numerous questions around bank statement as it's really beginning to look strange.

Anyways, unless specified otherwise, whenever an institution requests for a bank statement, they require a run of 6 months.

Okay
Thanks.... Just want to get it right to avoid mixup. 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 4:43am On Jun 20, 2023
Dharmielorlarh:

Okay
Thanks.... Just want to get it right to avoid mixup. 🙏

Then don't run POF, try and get funding.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 6:07am On Jun 20, 2023
What is wrong with this Abuja sef! Someone applied for emergency interview since June 1 and no response till today
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by edimalo(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2023
I think she's going for august admission which is why her questions keep revolving around bank statement. As it is, 6 months or 3 months statement is impossible given the short time. Not more than, could be less. try your luck

TEMIT0PE:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 6:52am On Jun 20, 2023
I don't think the statement has to be 6 months long. What many school require is that the statement should be within the last 1 year.
I actually submitted a 1 month statement (March - April) to my school last month, and it was accepted.

Just talk to your school.

Dharmielorlarh:
Hello
Pls I need help o
If the school is asking for statement of account not more than 3months. Can someone start POF for one month then present to the school for i-20?
Pls very urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itsdollyp: 7:19am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning
Please if there’s anyone going to New York and having a stopover at Frankfurt, let’s link up. You can email me @adenijiade13@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by danielnwatu(m): 9:22am On Jun 20, 2023
Really?,
What embassy?
Lagos or Abuja?
Bleble2022:
I applied for the appointment on Thursday and I was replied on Friday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2023
Please TEMITOPE and everyone else this is my transcript for my denied interview last week what do you have to say about it
Ogundare26:
Thank you. This is my transcript
Vo- pass me me your passport and I-20
Me- here they are
Vo - why are you going for an associate degree in nursing
Me- my primary motivation for pursuing a career in nursing has been my passion to take care of others from a young age I have been always been eager to take care of my friends and classmates in school who got hurt or sick and also I have been volunteering at my youth pastor husband hospital she is a nurse and she schooled at Cleveland State University and and I have volunteering at her husband hospital since my secondary School days and I also want to be part of the nursing sector here in Nigeria and make a difference as a skilled nurse with the knowledge I already gained during my studies in the us ( I think this is where the problem came from here I was supposed to say getting an associate degree was like laying a foundation for me in my career before transferring to a four year university to get my Bsn and explain more because I was going to a community college but because I was very nervous and didn't understand the question before answering I said said something else
Vo- who is sponsoring you
Me- my dad will be at sponsoring me throughout the duration of my stay in the US he is an architect and he is also into building construction and real estate management and he also has rental properties here in Lagos and ogun state where we reside and also he is into transportation business where he gives out cars to drivers who pay for it in installments every week. Then straight she gave me the blue paper and also I think she noticed I was nervous. So what's your advice everyone becos I'm trying to reapply again. Thanks quote author=TEMIT0PE post=123819411]My advice is, don't be in a hurry to reapply without trying to at least understand why you were denied (by sharing your transcript and asking people to critique it). Has anything significant changed about your profile between the denial and now ? You need to ask yourself this question.

Like you said, there are people who reapplied immediately and got approved, there are also those who got denied yet again, however, understanding the (likely) reason for your denial will improve the odds of getting approved, and help you navigate your way around the reason for the previous denial.

It's ultimately your decision and yours alone to make. All the best.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by qlam: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2023
ElectorAlexande:
Please NL, if you belong to any F1 Visa mock interview WhatsApp group, I beg y'all to please add me or send my number to the admin. Thanks 08164407836

Hello. Have you found one, for the mock interview page?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmymajesty: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Olawrites:

Lagos has refused to approve date for second timer as it can even take you weeks to get reviewed and approved (if possible). Just stick with Abuja if they release date anytime soon you grab yours.
Hopefully they release soon

Thank you for this update
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
September date is available for previously denied in lagos.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Do you have funding. Get some funding and try again and also, work on your confidence too
Ogundare26:
Please TEMITOPE and everyone else this is my transcript for my denied interview last week what do you have to say about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
You can use 3 months or 6 months bank account as long as you have sufficient funds to cater for your needs. Submit and get your i20
Dharmielorlarh:
Hello
Pls I need help o
Pls very urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Yes, you can change to Lagos. Fill a new dsI60 and state the reasons for denial
Emmymajesty:

Can I change from the Abuja embassy to the Lagos embassy, since my D-160 is showing Abuja.

Lastly, I was earlier refused under section 214b and now no dates or calendar is showing in my account for weeks now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
@olawrites.Trust you are doing well and I hope you have gotten a date now
Olawrites:

Lagos has refused to approve date for second timer as it can even take you weeks to get reviewed and approved (if possible). Just stick with Abuja if they release date anytime soon you grab yours.
Hopefully they release soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ikelords(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:
And you didn't post your transcript for us to learn
There is nothing to learn from mine o.. my interview was just funny and few questions were asked... It seems they study your Ds160 before you arrive and know who to give visa or not. Pray for God's mercy most especially.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:
@olawrites.Trust you are doing well and I hope you have gotten a date now

Thanks. I've not gotten a date.

Lagos has been difficult with their review & approval for second timer and Abuja on the other hand has been stingy releasing new dates.

It is well.

That's my situation right now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zejie: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
I have gotten the email to go to my CGI portal and choose a date for my F1 visa interview. I am confused because i cant see any dates on the portal. Please where do i click to view the dates. I saw an earlier reply that says new appointment. I clicked on new appointment and it looks like i am creating anew profile again. Please am how do i go about this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fkmtrio: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hello people, if you're attending UIS Springfield and need accomodation, send me a DM. Ladies only
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GlorifiedNoW: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zejie:
I have gotten the email to go to my CGI portal and choose a date for my F1 visa interview. I am confused because i cant see any dates on the portal. Please where do i click to view the dates. I saw an earlier reply that says new appointment. I clicked on new appointment and it looks like i am creating anew profile again. Please am how do i go about this?

On your portal you'll see "continue" at the top left (just before the schedule/reschedule) click the continue and it will take you to the calendar.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmymajesty: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:
Yes, you can change to Lagos. Fill a new dsI60 and state the reasons for denial

Thank you for the update
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogundare26:
Thank you. This is my transcript
Vo- pass me me your passport and I-20
Me- here they are

Hmmm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogundare26:

Which school did you apply to?

Could you please share

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Call the lagos embassy so they can review it for you and you have funding. It will be easier for you
Olawrites:

Thanks. I've not gotten a date.

Lagos has been difficult with their review & approval for second timer and Abuja on the other hand has been stingy releasing new dates.

It is well.

That's my situation right now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:
Call the lagos embassy so they can review it for you and you have funding. It will be easier for you

Thanks. I've called them 3 times but they kept saying that I'd need to wait till it get approved, that the customer service can't FasTrack it or do anything about it.
Now, I'm patiently waiting for them.

I will get date soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
My dad is the one funding me throughout I don't have anyone else to do it for me
Sisib15:
Do you have funding. Get some funding and try again and also, work on your confidence too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
Cuyahoga community college
hustla:

Which school did you apply to?

Could you please share

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogundare26:
Cuyahoga community college

Do you have a BSc and how much is the yearly cost of the program?

I have someone who's looking into this route too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hustla(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sisib15:

Is it possible to get funding from community colleges for Associates Degree? What are the chances of someone with a previous BSc in something unrelated getting a visa using associates degree?

If yes, what's the best way to go about the funding and does it increase one's chances of securing a visa?

Apologies for my many questions, just wanted to kill 4 birds with one stone

smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
I agree with you. Are there some salient things you think they pay attention to in the DS-160?

Was it your first shot? Or have you been denied before?

We’re you fully funded?
ikelords:
There is nothing to learn from mine o.. my interview was just funny and few questions were asked... It seems they study your Ds160 before you arrive and know who to give visa or not. Pray for God's mercy most especially.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ikelords(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
mojolajesu:
I agree with you. Are there some salient things you think they pay attention to in the DS-160?

Was it your first shot? Or have you been denied before?

We’re you fully funded?
I wasn't fully funded. Your job roles/ duties and how you explain them matters .. It was my first try and I had a deficit of 32k usd

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.