Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (676674 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adeore15: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
Deemamadee:
Hello wonderful people
I hope I get help here
Please I have a situation,My USA visa interview was 20th sept 2023 at Abuja consulate, F1 with my husband and my child
My husband and child were denied and I was placed on administrative processing
They took my passport and i20, Till now I've not heard from the embassy
Now my husband has gotten admission to a school in germany, he's on full scholarship and he can take us as dependants
Now my issue is how to get us consulate to fast track my administrative processing so that I can get my passport back as I need it soon to get germany visa, So is their a way to cancel my application at this point ? Because honestly I've lost interest in the outcome because I don't want to leave without my family
Please how can I go about this

There's no cause for alarm, your visa will be approved.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Spiceyspicey: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
Guys good evening ,my cousin just received his i20 what documents will he take to pay for visa fee and also what banks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Baloemmy23(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good evening people , I just rounded up with my second school and I want to future my education Abroad in London please I want to gain knowledge on the university with a cheap tuition fee and a university with work permit that is easy to apply and please I also want to know how to apply in the university , thank you so much as you enlighten me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 12:41am On Oct 25, 2023
Deemamadee:
Hello wonderful people
I hope I get help here
Please I have a situation,My USA visa interview was 20th sept 2023 at Abuja consulate, F1 with my husband and my child
Now my husband has gotten admission to a school in germany, he's on full scholarship and he can take us as dependants
Now my issue is how to get us consulate to fast track my administrative processing so that I can get my passport back as I need it soon to get germany visa, So is their a way to cancel my application at this point ? Because honestly I've lost interest in the outcome because I don't want to leave without my family

I will suggest you write to ask for an update on the administrative processing and if they can release your passport while the process is on as you need it to apply for another visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GlorifiedNoW: 1:26am On Oct 25, 2023
mayDtolu:
Hello đź‘‹.

I am admitted to a school for masters degree, Spring semester in United States and One of the professors in the school promised me a GA position but he wants my Visa to get approved first.

Please, I need a proof of funds showing $30k just for the visa interview.

How can I go about that please?

Chat this number ( +234 906 757 2955 ) up. I'm on his WhatsApp group , and he has talked about this before. I have never tried him, but I think he is genuine. The number of people in his WhatsApp group chat for mock interview is 800+, and no one has ever complained about him. But, it's not free though.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GlorifiedNoW: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2023
Oladapoidowu:
Please can anyone add me to the mock group my number is 07083387548

Send a request to this group ( +234 906 757 2955 ) he'll approve your request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fammm(m): 5:32am On Oct 25, 2023
Hi good morning.
Had my visa interview last week Monday in Abuja and I still don’t know why I was denied. Will like you guys to go through and tell me what you think.

Transcript
First attempt denied.
Lamar university
Management information system.
Abuja, desk 7.
Coa: $27k
Scholarship: $8k
Deficit: $19k
One white guy(the first and only guy I could see from where I sat).

Vo: signals for my papers and says good morning.
I smiled back and said good morning sir.

Then he asked me to thumbprint with my left finger and I did.

Vo: I can see you are going to the United States.
Me: Yes, I am going to the United States to pursue my masters degree in management information system at Lamar university.

Vo: Hmmn, Lamar University
Me: Yes sir, Lamar.

Vo: Why this degree?
Me: so I’m going for this course, Management information system because it will equip me with the enterprise system skills such as the customer relationship management, enterprise resources planning, business intelligence skills and these skills are necessary for my career progression because I will be going back to my current place of work which is Bleep company to take up the new role of a corporate strategy manager where I will be building new business model strategies and also adapting the operation of my company to the new enterprise system software.

Vo: where do you work
Me: I work at Bleep company as a corporate strategy analyst. I have been working for precisely 4 years and 3 months and I earn an annual salary of 4.8 million naira, which is 400,000 naira monthly. I am tasked with the responsibility of using a predictive analytics software, explorium to extract and analyze property sales data so as to identify past trends and patterns in order to forecast properties that will perform better.
I run a competitive market analysis so as to identify new business opportunities in order to implement business (I think I stuttered somewhere in between here) optimization for revenue growth.
Ps: he didn’t cut me off at all, he let me talk till he moved to the next question

Vo: what did you have in your undergraduate;
Me: I studied Bleep in Obafemi Awolowo University. I finished in 2018.

Vo: I can see you have an $19,000 deficit, how will you be covering it.

Me: okay my mother will be covering my deficit, Mrs Bleep, She is the owner of Bleep. And she deals with the wholesales and retail sales of materials like tiles, jacuzzis, Geepee storex tanks, kitchen sinks. She earns an average of 72 million naira annually. She has 3 stores, two in xx and one in xx Lagos. She has a staff strength of 32, majority of which are artisans and labor workers who help in the installation(here I started gesticulating and expressing) of these materials in the residence of clients and also the onloading and offloading of these materials inside trucks. Asides that, she is also the landlady to two houses in xx where she receives an annual rent (maybe I stuttered here a bit) of 6million Naira.
Asides that, I have a personal saved up fund of 6million accumulated from my years of working as a corporate staretegy analyst in Bleep company.

Then I could see he was taking my passport down, but immediately he brought it up back and said Unfortunately you are not qualified…this blue paper will guide you….. I was in mad shock.

To be honest, I can’t particularly tell what went wrong. Yes, I was nervous, but I still said the things I needed to say. I was audible, I was looking straight, but I wasn’t always maintaining an eye contact. At a point, I started settling into the conversation(I was getting confident I wasn’t doing bad). I gesticulated at some points also. I smiled when he the interview began when he smiled at me. I stuttered like twice but I kept on going. It is just what it is.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fammm(m): 5:46am On Oct 25, 2023
Also guys, if you are going back with the same profile(same school and same funding) for the same admission session also, how do you navigate the question “so what has changed?”
I know people that have scaled through it but some of them did not even get asked. I don’t want to leave that to chances and then get stucked or start giving boring answers. Is there anyone with experience at this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by barbiegirl4luv(f): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2023
Please house, I have just been given my i20 form, on the form I have mine as F1 and my dependent (2 years old daughter) as F2, would I be registering F1 for myself and F2 for her separately during application and also paying two application fee?. Please I need direction. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojohnny(m): 10:32am On Oct 25, 2023
Please does anyone have an idea of the average time between requesting an appt for an F1 visa interview and getting a response.

Just looking to know when I might get a response from them.
Interview request was submitted on Monday.

Thanks in advance for your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Doyin400l(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2023
Fammm:
Hi good morning.
Had my visa interview last week Monday in Abuja and I still don’t know why I was denied. Will like you guys to go through and tell me what you think.

Transcript
First attempt denied.
Lamar university
Management information system.
Abuja, desk 7.
Coa: $27k
Scholarship: $8k
Deficit: $19k
One white guy(the first and only guy I could see from where I sat).

Vo: signals for my papers and says good morning.
I smiled back and said good morning sir.

Then he asked me to thumbprint with my left finger and I did.

Vo: I can see you are going to the United States.
Me: Yes, I am going to the United States to pursue my masters degree in management information system at Lamar university.

Vo: Hmmn, Lamar University
Me: Yes sir, Lamar.

Vo: Why this degree?
Me: so I’m going for this course, Management information system because it will equip me with the enterprise system skills such as the customer relationship management, enterprise resources planning, business intelligence skills and these skills are necessary for my career progression because I will be going back to my current place of work which is Bleep company to take up the new role of a corporate strategy manager where I will be building new business model strategies and also adapting the operation of my company to the new enterprise system software.

Vo: where do you work
Me: I work at Bleep company as a corporate strategy analyst. I have been working for precisely 4 years and 3 months and I earn an annual salary of 4.8 million naira, which is 400,000 naira monthly. I am tasked with the responsibility of using a predictive analytics software, explorium to extract and analyze property sales data so as to identify past trends and patterns in order to forecast properties that will perform better.
I run a competitive market analysis so as to identify new business opportunities in order to implement business (I think I stuttered somewhere in between here) optimization for revenue growth.
Ps: he didn’t cut me off at all, he let me talk till he moved to the next question

Vo: what did you have in your undergraduate;
Me: I studied Bleep in Obafemi Awolowo University. I finished in 2018.

Vo: I can see you have an $19,000 deficit, how will you be covering it.

Me: okay my mother will be covering my deficit, Mrs Bleep, She is the owner of Bleep. And she deals with the wholesales and retail sales of materials like tiles, jacuzzis, Geepee storex tanks, kitchen sinks. She earns an average of 72 million naira annually. She has 3 stores, two in xx and one in xx Lagos. She has a staff strength of 32, majority of which are artisans and labor workers who help in the installation(here I started gesticulating and expressing) of these materials in the residence of clients and also the onloading and offloading of these materials inside trucks. Asides that, she is also the landlady to two houses in xx where she receives an annual rent (maybe I stuttered here a bit) of 6million Naira.
Asides that, I have a personal saved up fund of 6million accumulated from my years of working as a corporate staretegy analyst in Bleep company.

Then I could see he was taking my passport down, but immediately he brought it up back and said Unfortunately you are not qualified…this blue paper will guide you….. I was in mad shock.

To be honest, I can’t particularly tell what went wrong. Yes, I was nervous, but I still said the things I needed to say. I was audible, I was looking straight, but I wasn’t always maintaining an eye contact. At a point, I started settling into the conversation(I was getting confident I wasn’t doing bad). I gesticulated at some points also. I smiled when he the interview began when he smiled at me. I stuttered like twice but I kept on going. It is just what it is.

Your problem is that you talk too much, by giving so much details you weren't asked.

Any vo will see this as desperation.

About what changed, you can say, you changed your supervisor.

Better luck next time.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fammm(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
Doyin400l:

How’s this even talking too much??

Your problem is that you talk too much, by giving so much details you weren't asked.

Better luck next time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Doyin400l(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2023
[quote author=Fammm post=126605092][/quote]

I'm telling you something you still asking. Keep doing stubborn head, you will learn.

Visa fee is 157k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Usainterviews: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
You can qualify for $35,000 to $40,000 when you apply on time.

Over 46 US universities and colleges in Georgia and Kansas state respectively, will be waiving their application fee starting from November, make sure you apply on time.

Don't miss this opportunity if you are going for bachelors degree also.

Watch the video to know more -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGhI6JFWMNE&t=93s
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fammm(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Doyin400l:

Lol

I'm telling you something you still asking. Keep doing stubborn head, you will learn.

Visa fee is 157k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joybena: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Were you given the white or blue paper please?
I was also placed on administrative processing but my passport and I-20 was given back to me.. they gave me a blue paper but before I could read the content, it got misplaced on my way back to the hotel
Deemamadee:
Hello wonderful people
I hope I get help here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nope, I disagree. There’s no formula to these things.

For me, I think the university is off. Lamar University in rural city of beaumont? One of the lowest ranking universities that even people in that region have it as a second option.

Some US universities are no go.
OP I think you should try another better qualifying university.

Also your finances are poor. Still depend on your mum despite your well established career. I don’t think any VO will be convinced that you wan to return to Nigeria to work, when you could only save 6m all through your work years since 2018. In their head, this guy won’t see good $$$ paying job after graduation to return to Naija and get less.

So coupled with the university & finance, it seems like you truly want to japa.

Asides that, I think the whole thing of going back to Nigeria is beginning to cast. If you will use it, pls make sure to prove to them that the job or business you will be coming back to, will give you back x2 returns of what you spent for your education in the US.
Doyin400l:

Better luck next time.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by uist: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hello,

A friend is currently on a visit visa in Canada, he got offer from one of the uni in the United States, can he schedule his interview in Canada to attend the F1 interview at the US embassy in Toronto? Has anybody try from Canada on a visitor visa status?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fammm(m): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
[thank you very much for your valuable insight.]Nope, I disagree. There’s no formula to these things.

For me, I think the university is off. Lamar University in rural city of beaumont? One of the lowest ranking universities that even people in that region have it as a second option.

Also your finances are poor. Still depend on your mum despite your well established career. I don’t think any VO will be convinced that you wan to return to Nigeria to work, when you could only save 6m all through your work years since 2018. In their head, this guy won’t see good $$$ paying job after graduation to return to Naija and get less.

Asides that, I think the whole thing of going back to Nigeria is beginning to cast. If you will use it, pls make sure to prove to them that the job or business you will be coming back to, will give you back x2 returns of what you spent for your education in the US. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2023
mcafeez:

Boss, can you recommend a uni that will wave GMAT or GRE for PhD in Business related course or any other relevant PhD course?

Thanks
And you have ur own funds$$ to pay for eveything abi??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Deemamadee: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
Adeore15:

There's no cause for alarm, your visa will be approved.
The issue is the time sir/ma
I need my passport so that I'll submit to German embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Deemamadee: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Joybena:
Were you given the white or blue paper please?
I was also placed on administrative processing but my passport and I-20 was given back to me.. they gave me a blue paper but before I could read the content, it got misplaced on my way back to the hotel
I was given a white paper
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
Vader92:
Hi Guys, Please I need your opinions and suggestions. Do you think it would be beneficial to have my Dad's company sponsor me to study abroad with the intention of learning skills and returning to take up a higher paying role? or would that be considered a red flag to the VOs because it is my Dad's comapny?

Thank you so much for your help!

Taking over your family business is a good home-ties argument to be made. Do your homework wella
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
Deemamadee:

The issue is the time sir/ma
I need my passport so that I'll submit to German embassy
So you dont need US visa anymore? If yes, you can call or write to the embassy. Everything is not complicated.
Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Doyin400l(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
Mobil567:
Nope, I disagree. There’s no formula to these things.

Asides that, I think the whole thing of going back to Nigeria is beginning to cast. If you will use it, pls make sure to prove to them that the job or business you will be coming back to, will give you back x2 returns of what you spent for your education in the US.

The finance aspect is very ok.

COA is low.
Mom.
Scholarship.

He has been working since 2018, so he won't feed, paid bills out of his salaries abi ??
So he will have more than 6million naira in his account cos he has been working since 2018, in a country where poverty rate is high, and minimum wage is 30,000 naira.

That's a red flag already to any VO cos they know the country situation.

Using the mom as the major sponsor is OK, not an uncle or aunt here.

Also, using different external funding source give room for more scrutiny and questions.

Lamar University could be the red flag, or the way he answered those questions or vo is not his right mood.

Remember, VO only need to know one's study intent and funding source
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
Guy saving a total of 6m (out of 4.8m annually) since the last 5 years as a single person is very low. And in reference to your minimum wage reference- Why then would the VO believe he would return to Nigeria to continue on that low financial range, when he can easily stay in US and earn way more?

Let’s be realistic sometimes
Doyin400l:

The finance aspect is very ok.

COA is low.
Mom.
Scholarship.

He has been working since 2018, so he won't feed, paid bills out of his salaries abi ??
So he will have more than 6million naira in his account cos he has been working since 2018, in a country where poverty rate is high, and minimum wage is 30,000 naira.

That's a red flag already to any VO cos they know the country situation.

Using the mom as the major sponsor is OK, not an uncle or aunt here.

Also, using different external funding source give room for more scrutiny and questions.

Lamar University could be the red flag, or the way he answered those questions or vo is not his right mood.

Remember, VO only need to know one's study intent and funding source
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Fammm:
[thank you very much for your valuable insight.]Nope, I disagree. There’s no formula to these things.

The school isn’t part of the problem, the cost of attendance, deficit of $19,000, lack of funding, and lack of a strong sponsor is. He says his mother has revenue of 72 million naira a year plus a large amount of employees—after operating costs and payroll, his deficit will cut her net profits almost in half. You’re telling him to choose a higher ranking school which will cost higher and cause him to have a bigger deficit.

Beaumont, Texas isn’t a rural city, it’s an oil, gas, and chemical hub with several large refineries, has over 120,000 people, and is about an hour outside of Houston. I don’t know where you got your information but Lamar isn’t low ranking, it’s actually considered a good university and boasts over 8,000 students. Lamar is known for its MIS, nursing, and mechanical engineering programs. Native Texans with money wouldn’t hesitate to send their offspring there neither would Nigerians living in Houston, Dallas, and neighboring states yet you’re talking like it’s subpar. Here’s pictures of the city you call rural and the university you call low ranking:

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
Thanks for showing me a city which is a second residence.

However, I am not sure the purpose of the photos like there’s barely any less developed city or university in the US? Photos do not always equal to efficiency.

As I said, there are way better universities than Lamar.
1stGenAmerican:

The school isn’t part of the problem, the cost of attendance, deficit of $19,000, lack of funding, and lack of a strong sponsor is. He says his mother has revenue of 72 million naira a year plus a large amount of employees—after operating costs and payroll, his deficit will cut her net profits almost in half. You’re telling him to choose a higher ranking school which will cost higher and cause him to have a bigger deficit.

Beaumont, Texas isn’t a rural city, it’s an oil, gas, and chemical hub with several large refineries, has over 120,000 people, and is about an hour outside of Houston. I don’t know where you got your information but Lamar isn’t low ranking, it’s actually considered a good university and boasts over 8,000 students. Lamar is known for its MIS, nursing, and mechanical engineering programs. Native Texans with money wouldn’t hesitate to send their offspring there neither would Nigerians living in Houston, Dallas, and neighboring states yet you’re talking like it’s subpar. Here’s pictures of the city you call rural and the university you call low ranking:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Mobil567:
Thanks for showing me a city which is a second residence.

However, I am not sure the purpose of the photos like there’s barely any less developed city or university in the US? Photos do not always equal to efficiency.

As I said, there are way better universities than Lamar.
Way better unis in terms of what?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

Way better unis in terms of what?

Same thing I’d like to know, especially since Lamar known for its MIS program which is the same program that the applicant was entering. The university’s rankings that I’m viewing don’t correlate to what he’s saying. Maybe he means more expensive unis, something that’ll create an even bigger deficit and increase his chances of being denied a visa.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Same thing I’d like to know, especially since Lamar known for its MIS program which is the same program that the applicant was entering. The university’s rankings that I’m viewing don’t correlate to what he’s saying. Maybe he means more expensive unis, something that’ll create an even bigger deficit and increase his chances of being denied a visa.
More expensive does NOT mean better chances of getting a visa. You’re right, bigger deficit means wider odds of getting approved.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.