Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,635 members, 7,823,785 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690248 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nad95: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Good afternoon and compliments of the season to you. Please I'll like to know if doing a PGD in my course of study will help boost my undergraduate degree in preparations for masters applications to the USA. I'm a 2 2 graduate of Human Physiology, I know about WES evaluation and GRE (which I'll do next year). But I'm here thinking that a PGD diploma will help boost my undergraduate scores/CGPA.

For those who have had issues like this and successfully moved to the U.S., please is my plan a good one?

I look forward to all your responses. Do have a nice weekend.

Compliments of the season once again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nad95:
Good afternoon and compliments of the season to you. Please I'll like to know if doing a PGD in my course of study will help boost my undergraduate degree in preparations for masters applications to the USA. I'm a 2 2 graduate of Human Physiology, I know about WES evaluation and GRE (which I'll do next year). But I'm here thinking that a PGD diploma will help boost my undergraduate scores/CGPA.

For those who have had issues like this and successfully moved to the U.S., please is my plan a good one?

First of all what is your CGPA on the scale of 5.0?

I think that doing PGD might be a waste of time since GRE and WES boost scores?

To access good funding, it's better to channel the money to something else like IELTS, TOEFL or Duolingo exams.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nad95:

Hey 🀠

I will liken your situatiin to a beautiful woman ,who will attracts lot of men . Therefore, do not be confuse about conflicting suggestions because you can go with any options .

1. If your mind is set for the PGD , please go for it but you must also focus VERY WELL on your GRE scores.

2. If i were you , i won't go for the PGD , but i would rather focus on writing the year 2024 GRE and TOEFL .

3. You can then be using your remaining time in building your rΓ©sumΓ©, publications , and doing activities that is related to your major , such as internship or short employment because it will ADD UP DURING YOUR MSc ENROLLMENT.

4. At the end , build or train yourself in writing a VERY GOOD Statement of Purpose (SOP) , as well as aligning yourself ahead with 2 of your future referees. (lecturers).

5. If your mind is there and you still want to go and HAVE FUN on campus , then you can go for your PGD, write GRE & TOEFL if you have the time and fundings .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lasisig5(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hi good evening everyone i currently live in UK but planning to move to USA with student visa, can anyone recommend any cheapest school for Nursing...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Honiejenny: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

I see this as a challenge to respond because ... I would have suggested that you cool down and restrategized against Summer/Fall 2024 but you have bought another MRV already .

1. Your salary , as well as your additional earning of 700k , plus your 5 years working experience did not impress the consular. And the VO cuts in when he or she realised that you wanted to start narrating personal long essay which you have done b4 in the first question.

1. If you tell the CO (consular officer) that something has changed ( ie salary, ties to your country, new financial back up, etc) between now and your next interview of February 2024, then such Co might just be laughing .

2. Nevertheless, since you have determined to go back there , then You are still going to use your MOUTH and YOUR NEW DS 160 (convincing input of details) to change everything and get your visa .

3. You also need Physical (not online/social media) Visa Interview Possible Questions and Answers Logics (mock). Some rules of the consular officers are :. 1+1 = 2.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have deferred my admission to summer and this interview for February is actually for my summer admission.

Regarding funding/financial back up
My Tuition &living expenses is 37k usd

In the current I-20 it says I am funding the 37k personally but now I want to provide the school with my mum POF, that she will be sponsoring me with 32k usd and I will be handling the deficit of 5k usd.

That is what I want to change in the new I-20 that will be issued to me.

Do you think this will make a difference?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chiezzh: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!
I APPLIED FOR EMERGENCY AT ABUJA FOR MY SIBLING, THE EMERGENCY WAS APPROVED BUT I AM STILL SEEING THE OLD DATE. I STILL SEE DATE FOR AUGUST 2024. ALSO IVE BEEN BANNED DUE TO TOO MANY LOGS IN . WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
Honiejenny:

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have deferred my admission to summer and this interview for February is actually for my summer admission.

Regarding funding/financial back up
My Tuition &living expenses is 37k usd

In the current I-20 it says I am funding the 37k personally but now I want to provide the school with my mum POF, that she will be sponsoring me with 32k usd and I will be handling the deficit of 5k usd.

That is what I want to change in the new I-20 that will be issued to me.

Do you think this will make a difference?

Hey 🀠

I am happy that you have reasoned well by deferring your admission to Summer 2024.

Don't use your mom POF , use your employer POF, and let your sponsor cover the whole budget .

Provide the school with your employer's financial statement and let your I 20 indicates ..employer as source of fund .

Also , the Visa Interview Possible Questions and Answers Training is important for you .

*** If you have no option than to use your momsy's POF then let her carry the whole budget and let the school indicate that in your Form I 20.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Chiezzh:
I APPLIED FOR EMERGENCY AT ABUJA FOR MY SIBLING, THE EMERGENCY WAS APPROVED BUT I AM STILL SEEING THE OLD DATE. I STILL SEE DATE FOR AUGUST 2024. ALSO IVE BEEN BANNED DUE TO TOO MANY LOGS IN . WHAT DO I DO NEXT?

Hey 🀠

You have to take the next action physically by using your hand to do something immediately your emergency visa appointment was approved . DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP COMPUTER WILL PICK A NEW DATE FOR YOU πŸ˜ƒ

1. YOU have frustrated your CGI portal because it is a very sensitive page that takes its security as most important.

2. Wait till your ban duration expires .. perhaps within 2 days . Once you are able to login back to your CGI .... Look at your upper left hand side and CLICK ON RESCHEDULE APPOINTMENT. It will take you to nearer dates which you will have to chose from anyone you like and click SCHEDULE.

3. You may call the CGI help desk if you don't understand my explanation.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
lasisig5:
Hi good evening everyone i currently live in UK but planning to move to USA with student visa, can anyone recommend any cheapest school for Nursing...

Hey 🀠

Use Google to solve this puzzle yourself . Type something like , Accredited Nursing Schools / College s in the United States . Or Universities that offers Nursing Sciences in the USA.

Send a personal enquiry email to each school , asking them about International student scholarship, tuition fee, as well as admission requirements.

95% of US colleges /Institutions are very very friendly and welcoming towards International Applicants. They will reply you.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Soraco57(m): 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hello, is it possible to switch to community college after getting to the US , ? If yes, how
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Soraco57:
Hello, is it possible to switch to community college after getting to the US , ? If yes, how

Hey 🀠

1. Yes , IT IS POSSIBLE.

2. You need to inform the DSO ( Designated School Official OR Admission Counselor) that you have landed in America , and that you want to transfer to another SEVP-Certified School ( USA school that is eligible to Issue Form I 20 or accepts International students ).

3. You will show proof of acceptance to your new community college (old Form I 20 which you used to get your visa) , and you must report to your new school (the community college ) within 30 days of your arrival in the USA in order to show your seriousness of change or genuine intention of change .

4. Start communicating with the Community College Now .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Soraco57(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
Thanks for the response, will the school accept I switched to another , I heard some universities don’t accept, I need your response, thanks

NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

1. Yes , IT IS POSSIBLE.

2. You need to inform the DSO ( Designated School Official OR Admission Counselor) that you have landed in America , and that you want to transfer to another SEVP-Certified School ( USA school that is eligible to Issue Form I 20 or accepts International students ).

3. You will show proof of acceptance to your new community college (old Form I 20 which you used to get your visa) , and you must report to your new school (the community college ) within 30 days of your arrival in the USA in order to show your seriousness of change or genuine intention of change .

4. Start communicating with the Community College Now .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Salowise: 11:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hi, does f1 visa applicant needs to undergo medical examination before the interview, also which vaccination card is needed and should be taken along to the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 1:03am On Dec 17, 2023
Hi House,
If someone has been refused an f1 visa for the 1s time, the waiting period is 6 months, assuming someone was refused a visa on July 31, 2023, when would the portal be opened for the person to book visa again, would it be from January 31, 2024, then my portal will be opened for me to see available dates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 1:28am On Dec 17, 2023
BETHANY2024:
Hi House,
If someone has been refused an f1 visa for the 1s time, the waiting period is 6 months, assuming someone was refused a visa on July 31, 2023, when would the portal be opened for the person to book visa again, would it be from January 31, 2024, then my portal will be opened for me to see available dates?

You can see available dates almost immediately, a denial will not stop you from booking for visa again.

Let us know if you need additional information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:15am On Dec 17, 2023
Soraco57:

Thanks for the response, will the school accept I switched to another , I heard some universities don’t accept, I need your response, thanks

Hey 🀠

There are more than 3,000 institutions in the United States , and i have not seen a school that will obstruct your move to another school. Like i wrote earlier , few school may disallow such move but that will depend on some VERY SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:29am On Dec 17, 2023
Salowise:

Hi, does f1 visa applicant needs to undergo medical examination before the interview, also which vaccination card is needed and should be taken along to the interview?

Hey 🀠

1. You do not need any medical examination to attend an F1 visa interview in both embassy locations in Nigeria ( Abuja / Lagos).

2. May be your agent or what you heard or what they told you about is BIOMETRIC which IS FREE and will be done for you inside the embassy ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW.

3. These are what you should take to the embassy :

*** Form I 20
***"SEVIS fee payment receipt
*** MRV (visa fee) payment receipt
**** DS 160 confirmation page
*****2 Passport photo
Financial Proof ....

NB; There are other US visa categories which requires some form of medical examinations but NOT STUDENT VISA.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sandammy(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2023
Good day everyone,

Please I would like to be schooled on the following
1. if as a graduate of political science I can get a fully funded
scholarship in the US.
2. My current job is not in anyway related to my course of study.
3. I have not taken up any job related to community service or NGOs
4. I bearly have savings in my account.

With what I have read so far, must I be able to link my work experience and the graduate course I'm planning to study even without any relationship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2023
sandammy:
Good day everyone,

Please I would like to be schooled on the following
1. if as a graduate of political science I can get a fully funded
scholarship in the US.
2. My current job is not in anyway related to my course of study.
3. I have not taken up any job related to community service or NGOs
4. I bearly have savings in my account.

With what I have read so far, must I be able to link my work experience and the graduate course I'm planning to study even without any relationship?

Hey 🀠

1. Yes you can get a fully funded scholarship in the US as a graduate of political science but with meeting some Admission criteria (ie standardized tests, your CGPA , etc).

2. Your current job does not have to be related to political science before you can be admitted in a graduate study in the US or anywhere .

**** If that is the condition of every graduate school, then a Mechanical Engineering graduate who is working in a bank will not take the job except if he or she does not have future plan to further his or her education .

****** Personal Statement OR Statement of Purpose (SOP) is one of the most relevant part of graduate enrollment requirements.

****Work Experience only tells your Host-Institution your outstanding abilities regardless of your CGPA. It helps best when you have demonstrated excellent leadership skills, research qualities and motivation while working for a well known organisation or industry.

3. Your question number 3 is another version of your question number 2, therefore, it's a repetition.

4. If you want to apply as self sponsored , then you must have a savings in your account ..at worst 1st year tuition in Naira equivalent.... OR Naira equivalent of any deficit (balance) that remains if you are not able to receive full funding .

***** If your employer , family or any other person will be responsible as your sponsor , then you do not need to have much in your savings , all you need to do is to take such sponsor's financial statement along to the embassy on the day of your Interview.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sandammy(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

1. Yes you can get a fully funded scholarship in the US as a graduate of political science but with meeting some Admission criteria (ie standardized tests, your CGPA , etc).

2. Your current job does not have to be related to political science before you can be admitted in a graduate study in the US or anywhere .

**** If that is the condition of every graduate school, then a Mechanical Engineering graduate who is working in a bank will not take the job except if he or she does not have future plan to further his or her education .

****** Personal Statement OR Statement of Purpose (SOP) is one of the most relevant part of graduate enrollment requirements.

****Work Experience only tells your Host-Institution your outstanding abilities regardless of your CGPA. It helps best when you have demonstrated excellent leadership skills, research qualities and motivation while working for a well known organisation or industry.

3. Your question number 3 is another version of your question number 2, therefore, it's a repetition.

4. If you want to apply as self sponsored , then you must have a savings in your account ..at worst 1st year tuition in Naira equivalent.... OR Naira equivalent of any deficit (balance) that remains if you are not able to receive full funding .

***** If your employer , family or any other person will be responsible as your sponsor , then you do not need to have much in your savings , all you need to do is to take such sponsor's financial statement along to the embassy on the day of your Interview.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Thanks boss, the 2nd question is in anticipation of meeting a CO, and selling myself for Visa issuance.
I've read about been asked for post grad plans and returning to Nigeria
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2023
sandammy:

Thanks boss, the 2nd question is in anticipation of meeting a CO, and selling myself for Visa issuance.
I've read about been asked for post grad plans and returning to Nigeria

Hey 🀠

God is the over all boss.

1. Okay i got you . It does not mean. Ok let's simulate this occurrence; an MSc holder (in History) has being working in an oil company for the past 4 years , and he just decided this year that OKAY I WANT TO GO FOR MY Phd...

2. Will the embassy denied him visa because he has been working in an oil company ? The answer is NO !

3. Genuiness of purpose is what the VO needs ....The VO wants you to explain why you are leaving a well paying job for PhD ?

**** Not why were you not teaching History in Corona School ? You grasp it ?

4. Part of your answer might be something like .... I would have continue my PhD program after my MSc certification but i wanted to save up some substantial amount for my personal use .....etc

5. ...I was not fulfilling my career goals by working in the oil company , my aim and goals in life is to become a renown educationist and that goals cannot be achieve without me going for this PhD .....

PS ;. Just some ways you can align this with your situation.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sandammy(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

God is the over all boss.

1. Okay i got you . It does not mean. Ok let's simulate this occurrence; an MSc holder (in History) has being working in an oil company for the past 4 years , and he just decided this year that OKAY I WANT TO GO FOR MY Phd...

2. Will the embassy denied him visa because he has been working in an oil company ? The answer is NO !

3. Genuiness of purpose is what the VO needs ....The VO wants you to explain why you are living a well paying job for PhD ?

**** Not why were you not teaching History in Corona School ? You grasp it ?

4. Part of your answer might be something like .... I would have continue my PhD program after my MSc certification but i wanted to save up some substantial amount for my personal use .....etc

5. ...I was not fulfilling my career goals by working in the oil company , my aim and goals in life is to become a renown educationist and that goals cannot be achieve without me going for this PhD .....

PS ;. Just some ways you can align this with your situation.

Best Wishes πŸ™
I'm really grateful for these ideas. Thanks so much. I will surely reach out again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legacy911x: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Please any updates about Visa appointment available dates for students who have been previously denied. I was denied September 25, 2023 and i went ahead to pay for another visa. However, i'm unable to secure an appointment because i get the response "There are currently no appointments available."
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Naijalarry: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
Legacy911x:
Please any updates about Visa appointment available dates for students who have been previously denied. I was denied September 25, 2023 and i went ahead to pay for another visa. However, i'm unable to secure an appointment because i get the response "There are currently no appointments available."

Receiving that response is not in connection with your denial. Keep looking for dates.

A denial doesn't stop you from getting dates when they're available.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hello everyone, I applied for an emergency appointment which was approved but am yet to get a closer date and my school resumption date is fast approaching.
Please are there any other option to get a closer date
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hello everyone, I applied for an emergency appointment which was approved but am yet to get a closer date and my school resumption date is fast approaching.
Please are there any other option to get a close date
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legacy911x: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
OK. Thank you.
Naijalarry:

Receiving that response is not in connection with your denial. Keep looking for dates.

A denial doesn't stop you from getting dates when they're available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=Jovieeee post=127529932]Hello everyone, I applied for an emergency appointment which was approved but am yet to get a closer date and my school resumption date is fast approaching.
Please are there any other option to get a close date
Thank you.[/quote

Hey 🀠

You are the one frustrating yourself out of ignorance .

The moment your emergency appointment is approved and you received the email notification. Your next line of action is to login to your CGI page and click on reschedule Appointment which will take you to nearer dates .

You better act fast before the embassy void your emergency notification.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=NewBoyKhashoggi post=127531972][/quote]
I clicked on reschedule but I still got a later date .
I checked several times but still same
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chiezzh: 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🀠

You have to take the next action physically by using your hand to do something immediately your emergency visa appointment was approved . DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP COMPUTER WILL PICK A NEW DATE FOR YOU πŸ˜ƒ

i know how to reschedule an appointment . there are no new date when i try to reschedule
1. YOU have frustrated your CGI portal because it is a very sensitive page that takes its security as most important.

2. Wait till your ban duration expires .. perhaps within 2 days . Once you are able to login back to your CGI .... Look at your upper left hand side and CLICK ON RESCHEDULE APPOINTMENT. It will take you to nearer dates which you will have to chose from anyone you like and click SCHEDULE.

3. You may call the CGI help desk if you don't understand my explanation.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chiezzh: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
I APPLIED FOR EMERGENCY AT ABUJA FOR MY SIBLING, THE EMERGENCY WAS APPROVED BUT I AM STILL SEEING THE OLD DATE. I STILL SEE DATE FOR AUGUST 2024.
I checked several times but still same, no new date but a later one that's after my emergency has been approved

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.