Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (705118 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 6:00pm On Feb 09
With 330 in GRE, you should be able to get scholarship/funding plus Graduate Assistantship. Please apply to other schools, don't limit yourself to only one school and end up in debt.
sheunwizzy01:
Regarding my last question, I will like to give a little brief about my journey so far....

I graduated in 2015 (Forest Resources Management), completed NYSC in 2017, worked as a plantation manager between then and January 2021. Travelled to Ghana for a conference in April 2021 and entered UAE from there based on work levels. While working there, I met my current employer via an online seminar where I was a speaker. we got talking and he told me about the idea of establishing a rubber estate in Osun state. I worked remotely with his staff by organising teachings online every week for 1 hour (on my off days). We were able to establish a nursery and budding wood garden in 2021. I also contributed to Osun state establishing 2 million rubber trees through NARPPMAN even while I was working and living in UAE. Fast forward to 2023, I knew I wanted to go for my graduate program so I was prepared to write GRE, wrote that in April when I got back to Nigeria and scored 330 (162 in verbal reasoning, 168 in Quantitative reasoning and 4.5 in analytical writing). Meanwhile, I already took up a position as the head of forestry department with my employer I met online in 2021.

I applied to Michigan Technological University only (it was recommended by our consultant in Germany as he had taken some online certificate courses with the University and vouched for the high level of lecture delivery) for fall 2024. I have gotten admission AND SECURED AN EDUCATIONAL LOAN THROUGH MPOWER FINANCE FOR MY STUDIES.

Going forward, what are my chances at the Visa interview? I have no other source of funding except MPOWER, I am married, my wife isn't going with me as I am coming back to resume my role as head of forestry with my current employer (this time, I will be handling international operations...I have a letter of introduction to that effect from my chairman). Let me also add that the rubber estate project has started with establishment of 10,000 hectares of Hevea brasliensis. we project going into full production of rubber and its by products in the first quarter of 2027.

I will appreciate opinions, questions and thoughts about my case.....thanks and God bless!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 6:00pm On Feb 09
Datst136:

Please, I need your input on this matter.

An agency sponsoring H1-B undecided
Thus, there are 4 parties:
[1] USCIS
[2] applicant/candidate
[3] agent/agency, and
[4] (actual) employer?

Though US immigration laws seem convoluted [hence there are (professional) immigration lawyers in the US], oyibo dem self no like stress including the case officer or visa officer (any name wey u call am). Once e begin see several parties, which fit mean say the matter go long, my broda/sista, oyibo fit push persin application go one side i.e. d application dey on a looonnng tin.

Suggestion:
either one self-petitions for a work visa (there are different types, H1-B is one) or an employer does so on behalf of the employee.

Having requisite certification/qualifications to work in the US is good. The US wants talent to join their workforce and keep their economy #1
(i.e. it is in their national interest)

Yes, it seems sticking to one path at time i.e.
- work visa pursuit
or
- study visa pursuit
(not both together)
sounds logical.

Hope the above response abates the dilemma...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mercy95(f): 6:11pm On Feb 09
Tender344:

I have not been able to book mine. Which school are you going?

University of South Dakota
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 6:25pm On Feb 09
sheunwizzy01:
Regarding my last question, I will like to give a little brief about my journey so far....

I graduated in 2015 (Forest Resources Management), completed NYSC in 2017, worked as a plantation manager between then and January 2021. Travelled to Ghana for a conference in April 2021 and entered UAE from there based on work levels. While working there, I met my current employer via an online seminar where I was a speaker. we got talking and he told me about the idea of establishing a rubber estate in Osun state. I worked remotely with his staff by organising teachings online every week for 1 hour (on my off days). We were able to establish a nursery and budding wood garden in 2021. I also contributed to Osun state establishing 2 million rubber trees through NARPPMAN even while I was working and living in UAE. Fast forward to 2023, I knew I wanted to go for my graduate program so I was prepared to write GRE, wrote that in April when I got back to Nigeria and scored 330 (162 in verbal reasoning, 168 in Quantitative reasoning and 4.5 in analytical writing). Meanwhile, I already took up a position as the head of forestry department with my employer I met online in 2021.

I applied to Michigan Technological University only (it was recommended by our consultant in Germany as he had taken some online certificate courses with the University and vouched for the high level of lecture delivery) for fall 2024. I have gotten admission AND SECURED AN EDUCATIONAL LOAN THROUGH MPOWER FINANCE FOR MY STUDIES.

Going forward, what are my chances at the Visa interview? I have no other source of funding except MPOWER, I am married, my wife isn't going with me as I am coming back to resume my role as head of forestry with my current employer (this time, I will be handling international operations...I have a letter of introduction to that effect from my chairman). Let me also add that the rubber estate project has started with establishment of 10,000 hectares of Hevea brasliensis. we project going into full production of rubber and its by products in the first quarter of 2027.

I will appreciate opinions, questions and thoughts about my case.....thanks and God bless!!!

You can get funding lots of opportunities.
Try other schools please look to states that have such natural reserves or related industrial uses.
A friend of mine got a GA for a university in South Dakota and Im pretty sure she's doing work related to Forestry and restoring the environment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 7:06pm On Feb 09
Abeg o, say persin dey
- post wit English
or
- write plenty grammar
or
- say e dey US (abi abroad)
no mean say e dey talk true or wan help persin o.

Pipu eye dey chuk ... red eye, red eye everywhere, so shine your eye o.

Dat ya budget (whether ₦1,000,000 or ₦5,000,000 or ₦15,000,000 or ₦30,000,000 etc...), e get "mock interviewer" abi "group admin" abi "travel agent" or na "consultant" wey dey think how e wan take get e cut for inside ... weda e beta for u or not, e no concern am.

No loose guard wink

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:13pm On Feb 09
Denc:
Abeg o, say persin dey
- post wit English
or
- write plenty grammar
or
- say e dey US (abi abroad)
no mean say e dey talk true or wan help persin o.

Pipu eye dey chuk ... red eye, red eye everywhere, so shine your eye o.

Dat ya budget (whether ₦1,000,000 or ₦5,000,000 or ₦15,000,000 or ₦30,000,000 etc...), e get "mock interviewer" abi "group admin" abi "travel agent" or na "consultant" wey dey think how e wan take get e cut for inside ... weda e beta for u or not, e no concern am.

No loose guard wink

lol 😂 as for me o Na mock interview I like
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sheunwizzy01(m): 9:19pm On Feb 09
Taal17:

You can get funding lots of opportunities.
Try other schools please look to states that have such natural reserves or related industrial uses.
A friend of mine got a GA for a university in South Dakota and Im pretty sure she's doing work related to Forestry and restoring the environment

Thanks for your comment. I will work towards that......well appreciated!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sheunwizzy01(m): 9:25pm On Feb 09
Denc:

Please, try and get funding with that competitive score of 330.
Your profile and/or circumstances sound plausible (barring the the financing criteria - see suggestion in line above) for non-immigrant (F1) visa issuance.

It is really shocking that some of us have such commendable standardized test score and are still talking about taking a loan which
[1] may inhibit visa issuance,
[2] creates future financial burden and risk(s) viz principal and interest payments, risk of shooting down credit score (in the US) et al.
What did the said consultant recommend per financing the program beyond just it's quality... (remember, money talks!)

Your Nairaland profile/posts history looks clean (no foul/offensive/provocative terms seen), so let me know if you need further help.

https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/475#128370405

Thanks so much for your kind words of advice.

Regarding the consultant's recommendation, I later found out that, for my course, the school is really particular about practicals. Students spend about an hour in class and the rest of the day outside on fields. The school also has a 5000-acre of land for practicals where students carry out research activities. I was really blown when I went through the school and even spoke with some current Masters student. I guess that is why it is clearly stated on the school's website that assistanship positions are given to Ph.D. students and are rarely given to masters students.

I will further spread my network of search to other schools too though...but the truth is, I have fallen in love already with MTU *coversface* ......thanks once again!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Datst136: 9:35pm On Feb 09
Denc:

An agency sponsoring H1-B undecided
Thus, there are 4 parties:
[1] USCIS

Thank you for your feedback. I'm considering pursuing both options because the H1-B visa process operates on a lottery system, resulting in less than a 50% chance of approval. While I could potentially be sponsored for an EB visa, the waiting period is typically 2-3 years. Therefore, I am exploring the study route as an alternative. Your input is appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 11:57pm On Feb 09
Datst136:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm considering pursuing both options because the H1-B visa process operates on a lottery system, resulting in less than a 50% chance of approval. While I could potentially be sponsored for an EB visa, the waiting period is typically 2-3 years. Therefore, I am exploring the study route as an alternative. Your input is appreciated.

Employment-based (EB) immigrant visas are worth pursuing.
True, H1B is lottery-based, nevertheless one can get 3-years and be eligible to extend for another 3 years making a total of 6 years.

One can pursue both simultaneously if one has the resources e.g. money, effort and time as well as necessary backing e.g. employer sponsorship, reference letters, requisite documentation/evidence et al. as the case may be. Rememba, oyibo no dey do " ... explain explain tire" as we dey do for home (i.e. Naija).

For here (i.e. US), as you dey talk/write, u dey show d evidence and make sure say e tight (or else dem go reject/troway am sharp sharp).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 12:05am On Feb 10
sheunwizzy01:

Thanks so much for your kind words of advice.

I will further spread my network of search to other schools too though...but the truth is, I have fallen in love already with MTU *coversface* ......thanks once again!!!

Feel free to fall in love.

Nevertheless, abeg no comot for house (i.e. Naija) if bar or correct plan for bar no set. No rely on magic (abi na "miracle" dem dey call am?)
"I no know" no be excuse o, my broda/sista.

https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/474#128325110
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:42am On Feb 10
Follow up question my people.
So i saw some schools but they all require GRE GMAT for Ms addmission. Considering my intended course of study, do you think the GRE requirement is general and optional? Also does the GRE GMAT TOEFL help an applicant secure GA or TA or some funding from the institution.

Thanks in anticipation
NairaLuck:
Good day everyone, thank you so much for the help rendered here.

I intend to Study my Masters In Business Analytics and i will appreciate your suggestions especially if there are Assistantship opportunities.
Currently i hold a valid US B1/B2 still valid for 3years.

Thanks in Anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 4:44am On Feb 10
sheunwizzy01:

330/340 from at Home GRE Testing bah? Lol. Foreign Universities know what’s up now from African and Asian students and as such, the GRE has little to no weight in admissions or funding. They look at your transcript.

My advise is to not go any where near the Embassy with MPower or any kind of loan. If you can’t provide a bank statement it means you can’t afford it. If you can’t afford it, it’s automatic refusal. Why would a VO grant a visa to a student that can’t afford the tuition? The F1 is a non immigrant visa which means you’re suppose to go back to your home country at the end of your program. How will a Nigerian pay $50k+ in loans and interest when minimum wage is 240$ annually? It simply shows weak ties and an interest to migrant.

The monies spent on at Home GRE should have been spent applying to other schools and not MTU that has a 10$ processing fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 4:48am On Feb 10
Ikechukwuuto:
I want to ask a question. I got admission from Oklahoma State University Msc civil engineering but no funding or GA offer. I want to ask if the offer would still come and also what am I going to do to receive my I-20 form. What is the meaning of financials received?

If they don’t include funding information, check the FAQ on their website. Some programs state explicitly that they don’t fund MS students. But there is no harm in reaching out and asking. Just be very polite and mention how excited you are about joining the program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:01am On Feb 10
I don’t know you, but I know some one is charging you 500k+ for At Home GRE. Most reputable programs that provide funding do not require the GRE. In fact, most do not even consider it. Some Universities (ASU comes to mind) do not accept Home based GRE. Instead of paying that amount to scam the system, spend it on getting qualified people to read and help craft your SOP, Personal statements and CV. These are the most important. Customize your CV, PS and SOP for each application. Don’t be selfish to “pay” your recommenders. Most will allow you write the letter while they upload it. Give them something for data and to buy beer. If you can afford 500k+ to have someone write an exam for you, you can afford to pay application fees. Most Universities that do not waive the fees, get very few students and fewer students from Africa. This may work in your favor.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:10am On Feb 10
post=128377251:
We can help you secure a 330 GRE score with our support. Do you know that a GRE SCORE of 330 can secure you full scholarship in Canada, US and Australia.
And even boost your chances of getting a student visa.
We've helped countless number of applicants to secure 330 score. 100% guaranteed. You just have to sit back and we will do our thing. Respond to this thread if you are interested. Or send email to naijarazzi29@gmail.com

After you help them secure it, will you also provide the admission and funding? Currently, everyone, their cleaner and grandmother has 320+ on the GRE. It has very little impact on an application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:12am On Feb 10
NairaLuck:
Follow up question my people.
So i saw some schools but they all require GRE GMAT for Ms addmission. Considering my intended course of study, do you think the GRE requirement is general and optional? Also does the GRE GMAT TOEFL help an applicant secure GA or TA or some funding from the institution.

Thanks in anticipation

You’ve not listed your qualifications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by arama2022: 8:45am On Feb 10
Hello MizAlero, I'm in the same boat as you. Have you renewed yours? Mine also expires in June. If interested, let's go through the renewal process together before June. I live in Illinois and you can email me at oparahspink@gmail.com
MizAlero:
Good day,
Please I need information in terms of renewing my F1 via. It expires in June. Do I return to Nigeria for renewal or try neighboring countries like Canada or Dominican Republic for renewal? What can I expect if renewing from either of these two countries?

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by arama2022: 8:47am On Feb 10
What if you're now enrolled in another school?[quote author=Eni997 post=128045766][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by arama2022: 9:28am On Feb 10
Hello All, can you please walk me through this process? Does it matter if I have a new I20 from another school or must I be enrolled in the same school? My visa expires in June so when do you think it is the best time to renew my visa? Lastly, What are some of the reasons that may cause your renewal to be denied. PS: I already have a Canadian visa.
Prinxly:

I renewed while I was a student a few years ago so some things may have changed. However, if you plan on renewing in Canada and you have a Nigerian passport (or a passport that requires a Canadian visa for travel), you must start by getting a Canadian visitor visa. This is an easy process. At the time I did it, I completed the form online, paid the Canadian visa fee, and submitted some documents including my bank statement, passport photos, purpose of my visit (i.e. renew my student visa), and a copy of the appointment letter from the US embassy. I was a student on the three occasions that I applied and had between $2500–$3500 in my account. They reviewed my documents and asked me to send my passport along with a return envelope to the Canadian VAC in NY. I believe the location of the VAC depends on your state. The Canadian visa lasts for the entire duration of your passport validity so you can always go to Canada again for a vacation if you want.
The website below has information on how to apply for a US visa in Canada. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on apply

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

Select the consulate where you want to apply it. I was pressed for time whenever I applied so I just applied to the consulate with the earliest availability – twice in Ottawa, once in Toronto, and once in Halifax. Someone said that Halifax discontinued student visa application but confirm this when you apply. Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver definitely do though.

I found the visa process to be smooth and easy, unlike my experience in Nigeria. The Consular Officers are more polite, light-hearted, and willing to even joke with you and ask you about your course and career trajectory study. However, it is still an interview so be prepared. I went with my form I20, academic transcripts, bank statements, pay stubs for GA/RA, scholarship letters showing funding, enrollment verification letter obtained from my university, student ID, letter from my program director, and driver’s license. Despite all the documents that I went with, they only asked for my form I20 on all the occasions and the interviews were brief. In my opinion, most U.S. residents get their visas renewed, however be prepared. Typically, the rejections I observed were from non-Canadians in Canada who wanted to visit the US. Except things have changed, they will mail your passport to you at an address that you provide when you applied. You also have the option to ask DHL to hold your passport for pickup. I always used the latter option because it was more convenient for me. The entire process takes about 3–4 days whether in Canada or Mexico. I would fly in on Sunday evening, visit the embassy on Monday morning and would get an email from the Consulate on Tuesday afternoon that passport is ready for pickup. DHL would then tell me to come pick it up on Wednesday or Thursday. I would then fly back to the US on Thursday evening.

It also goes without saying that if you have ever been arrested or convicted, make sure to go with the final Court disposition. Some people say if you have ever had a ticket, go with proof that you paid it. I believe you can get these records at the Court.

I renewed once in Mexico. I did not require a visa to Mexico because folks on certain visas (F1, J1, H1, LI etc) could go to Mexico with an unexpired US visa. If you want to go the Mexico route, make sure you go before your visa expires, not after. The process is like Canada. I had my interview at US consulate in Tijuana. I was in San Diego at the time so it was convenient for me.
The website below has information on how to apply for a US visa in Mexico. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on apply

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/niv

Although the chances of a renewal are high and the Consular Officers appear nice (definitely way nicer than in Nigeria), this is still an interview so be prepared. If your visa is unfortunately not approved, you can’t’ come back to the US. Finally, I would suggest Canada as an option because of language and safety concerns in Mexico.
Hope this information helps and good luck.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by arama2022: 9:28am On Feb 10
Hello all, Can you please walk me through the process? Does it matter if I have a new I20 from another school or must I be enrolled in the same school? My visa expires in June so when do you think it is the best time to renew my visa? Lastly, What are some of the reasons that may cause your renewal to be denied. PS: I already have a Canadian visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KarisNech: 9:51am On Feb 10
I read Psychology, UNN.

I wanted to go for Clinical Psychology but seeing how competitive it is, my lecturer advised me to go for School Psychology, then I can switch.

So I applied for School Psychology in these schools.

Scholace:
PhD fully funded has higher rate of visa approval. I'd go for UA. Please can you share your profile to have gotten these?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KarisNech: 9:56am On Feb 10
Thank you for your response

Kaymiles:
One way ticket to Tuscaloosa.
But houston is home to a larger population of nigerians.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigdoo11: 10:09am On Feb 10
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a newbie here. Please I need advice on this profile. I am newly wed but not in the country, my wife is about to apply for F1 study permit. Can she prove hometies with the marriage certificate even though I am not in the country. She has to edit her DS-160 now to put this new information. She will also be mainly sponsored by her mum in Nigeria. My contributions to her are on her personal account which is stated as personal funds in her 1-20. We’re concerned about this and reconsidering if we could have just waited for her to apply first before marrying legally. Please your advice is appreciated

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KarisNech: 10:22am On Feb 10
The schools I applied for said it must be the official emails of your recommenders you will put. Mostly, it has to be University emails of your professors.

Zihno:

This may be unethical or immoral but you can create random gmail accounts. Then get official letterhead from your school, make colored copies and use them for your LORs. You can upload the letters yourself via the gmail. Universities will accept it especially if it’s on Uni letter headed paper.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 10:30am On Feb 10
On standardized tests:

Graduate schools in North America as well as other continents like the GMAT or GRE.
Why do admissions committee/staff/team like standardized tests?
- the official reason is "standardized test score is a predictor of a candidate's performance in the graduate program ..."
- the (additional) unstated reason is that it makes their work easy.

Rememba, oyibo no like stress!
What is the simplest way for a program that receives thousands of applications - yes thousands - from all over the world to select candidates?
Get all the applicants to input a standard metric (e.g. test score) and once they click "Submit", any software including a basic spreadsheet can sort all the applicants in seconds.

Note that GMAT/GRE scores are factored into the ranking of the schools and in developed economies, people read i.e. look at rankings and/or reviews to decide which school/program to apply to. As schools are concerned about ranking i.e. perception, they tend to guard their score range for admission. Hence, top schools across the world have average GMAT ~700 while GRE ~330.

Please, disregard posts that say standardized tests has little impact on funding.
Despite the trend of these tests being optional in recent application cycles of US schools, many still insist that for an applicant to get top dollar i.e. full funding, one must submit competitive tests scores [from (say) ETS for GRE or GMAC for GMAT]

Be wise, do not believe everything you read. Do own independent investigation.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:45am On Feb 10
Bigdoo11:
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a newbie here. Please I need advice on this profile. I am newly wed but not in the country, my wife is about to apply for F1 study permit. Can she prove hometies with the marriage certificate even though I am not in the country. She has to edit her DS-160 now to put this new information. She will also be mainly sponsored by her mum in Nigeria. My contributions to her are on her personal account which is stated as personal funds in her 1-20. We’re concerned about this and reconsidering if we could have just waited for her to apply first before marrying legally. Please your advice is appreciated

Hey 🤠

1. Her marriage to you , no matter where you are is a good tie (providing that you are not in the same USA) , follows by her nuclear family back home as well as if she has any business running in Nigeria .

2. Her mum being the main sponsor is also not bad but you have truncated that fact in her Form 120 (the I 20 should have stated ; Family Fund) but that's not a worst error .

3. You did not make any mistake by marrying first before she applied , infact , it is better as you have married before she is now applying .

4. All those (your) fears are not really worth focusing on. What you guys should focus on are ; How relevant is her course of study to her job or business life ? Why is she going for that study immediately after marriage ? What is her Post-study plan ? Etc.

5. Her I 20 is issued already , therefore there is no going back. But she has to do the remaining 75% herself by communicating her real intentions in a reasonable ways and manners to the visa officer . She must convince the consular why this particular academic sojourn is very very important in her (business/job) life . It would have been better if her office is sending her abroad for study but nevertheless, she can still use her wit to secure the visa .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tender344: 11:08am On Feb 10
If I have a US credit or debit card while in Nigeria, is there a way to pay SEVIS fee by myself online?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by walexy06(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10
Hello all. Please I need your input on this.
I intend to apply for PhD Economics in USA, but I do not have GRE test scores as there is no enough time to sit for one.
My profile: M.Sc in Economics from Germany
B.Sc in Economics, Nigeria.
Also with 5years work experience
I would be applying from Germany since I have valid permit.
My question is, do I need (MUST) to write GRE before being granted. Is it possible to be waived for my profile?
Please anyone with schools idea I could apply for?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 2:14pm On Feb 10
Tender344:
If I have a US credit or debit card while in Nigeria, is there a way to pay SEVIS fee by myself online?

This should work, as far one owns the card
or
is authorized to use the card details by the owner.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 2:21pm On Feb 10
walexy06:
Hello all. Please I need your input on this.
I would be applying from Germany since I have valid permit.
My question is, do I need (MUST) to write GRE before being granted. Is it possible to be waived for my profile?

Yes, standardized tests can be waived.

Nevertheless, most prefer a candidate submits test scores
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/476#128381016

Concern about applying from another country bothers on home-tie
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/462#127863086

Please, read patiently through this thread to get suggested schools.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (543) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: Blessed4sure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.