Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697189 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 2:24pm On Feb 10
Honestly, most of the questions being asked have already been answered on this thread.
Please, take time to read.
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/469#128130615
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tender344: 2:48pm On Feb 10
Denc:

This should work, as far one owns the card
or
is authorized to use the card details by the owner.

But I couldn’t see the pay by credit card or debit card thing. Only the western union is available. What am I doing wrong
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Usainterviews: 4:41pm On Feb 10
Application fee waiver for engineering programs:
----
Northeastern University, University of Virginia, Purdue University and University of Florida.

-Watch video on how to apply.
----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwtCis7NwWw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:27pm On Feb 10
I have an HND and PGD Business Management.

Thank you smiley

Zihno:

You’ve not listed your qualifications
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:28pm On Feb 10
q
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:29pm On Feb 10

Thank you smiley

NairaLuck:
Follow up question my people.
So i saw some schools but they all require GRE GMAT for Ms addmission. Considering my intended course of study, do you think the GRE requirement is general and optional? Also does the GRE GMAT TOEFL help an applicant secure GA or TA or some funding from the institution.

Thanks in anticipation

Good day everyone, thank you so much for the help rendered here.

I intend to Study my Masters In Business Analytics and i will appreciate your suggestions especially if there are Assistantship opportunities.
Currently i hold a valid US B1/B2 still valid for 3years.

Thanks in Anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 6:15pm On Feb 10
Tender344:

But I couldn’t see the pay by credit card or debit card thing. Only the western union is available. What am I doing wrong

Then, use the stated means i.e. Western Union (carefully read through the directives on the site, please)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 6:25pm On Feb 10
NairaLuck:

I intend to Study my Masters In Business Analytics and i will appreciate your suggestions especially if there are Assistantship opportunities.

B1/B2 and F1 are all non-immigrant visas.
The former is for visit while the latter is for study.

The question(s) are already addressed here --> https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/476#128384241

Also, suggest reviewing posts here --> https://www.nairaland.com/denc/posts/1
(from 3 Jan. 2024 to date ... can be read in minutes.)

If still not satisfied, then state the outstanding concern(s)/question(s), please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by walexy06(m): 7:36pm On Feb 10
Thank you very much. I will take all into consideration
Denc:

Yes, standardized tests can be waived.

Nevertheless, most prefer a candidate submits test scores
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/476#128381016

Concern about applying from another country bothers on home-tie
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/462#127863086

Please, read patiently through this thread to get suggested schools.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 9:58pm On Feb 10
fearlessfang:
Since you irritant peasant want a little bit of reality check. I am not the architect of your misfortune.

How can you even ace grad school with this poor display of comprehension skill? So “one” nuisance has turned to “folks”. One sick alpaca has turned to “people”?

You are never getting out of this darkness with this poor display of comprehension skill.

Don’t derail the thread. If you can’t answer my question, move very far.

Gbenue soun... rederede
Ko to ma wi katikati
With your display of vocabularies, why not jump-ship and DIY? Why coming here to seek assistance? Terrible people

I understand the country is not in good shape but that doesn’t mean you be passing venom of grievances around

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 11:09pm On Feb 10
KarisNech:
The schools I applied for said it must be the official emails of your recommenders you will put. Mostly, it has to be University emails of your professors.

Ok. Anyhow. Congratulations on your offers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 11:15pm On Feb 10
NairaLuck:

Thank you smiley

Good day everyone, thank you so much for the help rendered here.

Thanks in Anticipation

What Programs are you looking at that require GRE? Most programs do not require it. I’m not sure you will get any funding with a MS in Business Analytics (This is also true for most MSCS, MSDS and MSAI programs). These problems are “hot” cakes and have no incentive to fund students. You should consider a Masters in Statistics or Applied Mathematics. These programs are typically funded usually with a TA and they provide better training if you’re looking to get into Data Science or analytics.

Do you have WES evaluation? I don’t believe your course is quantitative enough for most programs. Check your transcript and see if you’ve taken calculus(up to ODEs and PDES), linear algebra, Differential Equations etc. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Belizas: 2:29pm On Feb 11
Dear all, pls I NEED INTERVIEW DATE, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADD ME TO A WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM GROUP. THANK YOU
SMBH:
the reason was because I couldn't join the winter semester.

Thank you for your detailed response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SMBH: 2:53pm On Feb 11
Belizas:
Dear all, pls I NEED INTERVIEW DATE, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADD ME TO A WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM GROUP. THANK YOU
As at this morning that I checked the earliest date is 4 may but you can check to see if earlier date is available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Thatsronke: 6:16pm On Feb 11
Tender344:
If I have a US credit or debit card while in Nigeria, is there a way to pay SEVIS fee by myself online?
You can't pay either credit card or debit.

You pay by mailing or going to Western Union physically in the US.

Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 4:54am On Feb 12
Good day , so I was rejected in September last year and got married last Christmas . So automatically my marital status changes .
What kind of impact will it make on my next application. Will it raise a red flag or what type of question will I receive concerning the issue .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Xpemech: 11:42am On Feb 12
Good morning all,

Please can anyone add me to USA visa watsapp group
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 1:02pm On Feb 12
Xpemech:
Good morning all,
Please can anyone add me to USA visa watsapp group
thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/471#128234257
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anavamii: 4:47pm On Feb 12
JohnZak:
I normally don’t engage in back-and-forth conversations like this because it is generally not productive but I will make an exception just once in this case. The post that you incorrectly attribute to @prinxly and that you seem to largely agree with is my post from above which prinxly reposted (which btw, I have no issues with the repost) that is why I am responding

The problem is that you usually start off making absolute statements (which are usually false) and when you are in a jam, you try to wriggle yourself out by creating exceptions. In your response to MizAlero you tell her to “Go and renew your visa in Nigeria because that’s the rules of the visa, go back to the issuing country.” There is no rule like this. A rule is absolute i.e., all violations come with consequences. The renewal applicant can go back to Nigeria if they want but this is not a rule. As many people have stated including welf99, NEULASA etc, you can renew your F1 visa in Canada or Mexico without issues.

No VO will deny your F1 renewal solely because you are a third country national (TCN) in Canada or Mexico just like no VO in Nigeria will approve your F1 renewal solely because you are renewing in Nigeria. VOs know TCNs come for renewals all the time. I renewed once in Ottawa and the person who checked me in affixed a small sticker with the words “TCN” on my passport. I did not have the same TCN sticker experience in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto or Tijuana. VOs know TCNs come all the time for renewals - F1, J1, L1, O1, and H1b renewals all the time. This is not a secret.

Nobody mentioned an F1 renewal is automatic in Canada or Mexico. In my original post, I clearly state that “Although the chances of a renewal are high and the Consular Officers appear nice (definitely way nicer than in Nigeria), this is still an interview so be prepared.”
Visa approvals are never automatic. Even as a naturalized American citizen, I never assume visa applications are automatically approved because of my American passport.

Finally, whatever will cause your F1 renewal to be denied in Canada or Mexico will also cause your renewal application to be denied in Nigeria so I am not sure what your point is. The Consular Consolidated Database that the VO in Canada or Mexico has access to is the same database that the VO in Nigeria can access. I reiterate, No VO will deny your F1 renewal solely because you are a third country national (TCN) in Canada or Mexico just like no VO in Nigeria will approve your F1 renewal solely because you are renewing in Nigeria.

Hello John I sent you an email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Denc: 5:57pm On Feb 12
Denc:
Seeking a writer per application documentation for a research-based graduate program seems counter-productive.
Even course-based programs demand considerable (own) composition/writing. Furthermore, institutions have since deployed various anti-plagiarism and AI detector (including ChatGPT) software.

Suggestion:
- applicant does writing by self (it is part of the preparation or self-assessment prior to graduate study),
- applicant may have such write-ups or application documentation reviewed by a third-party (paid or unpaid).

Did you use ChatGPT on your school applications? These words may tip-off Admissions
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rashishrivastava/2024/02/05/chatgpt-college-school-applications-admissions-red-flags-ai/

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tender344: 8:04pm On Feb 12
What exactly is happening to the visa waiting time? Is the 99 days waiting time real? I’ve submitted my application. On the UStravels since last week and till now I’ve not gotten a reply to fix my interview date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fash20: 9:45pm On Feb 12
Tender344:
What exactly is happening to the visa waiting time? Is the 99 days waiting time real? I’ve submitted my application. On the UStravels since last week and till now I’ve not gotten a reply to fix my interview date

Just relax. It took me 2 weeks to get a date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 9:52pm On Feb 12
Tender344:

If you are resuming for Fall 24, you still have five months until resumption. Like someone said, relax and be hopeful. Except your resumption is in February or March
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by horcart: 10:01pm On Feb 12
Good day guys. I have update on my I20 ( the program year have been changed).
But on my DS160 I used the old one to fill it.
My question is can I create new DS160 with new i20 info form and update my visa page with the new DS160 application code??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DeluxebyOVA: 12:22am On Feb 13
Good day to the eyes and mind reading this!

Abeg, I have an HND in accounting, and MBA with sustainability Specialization.
I intend to Study my Masters In Business Analytics, or Sustainability and Innovation. I will appreciate your suggestions especially if there are Assistantship / opportunities.

Currently, I have both US and UK intentions, so I can move early. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tender344: 2:08am On Feb 13
Fash20:

Just relax. It took me 2 weeks to get a date.

Ohh. Thanks for replying. If I may ask, when did you apply on the ustravel? Did you go in fall last year ? Or you’re for Fall24?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 5:29am On Feb 13
DeluxebyOVA:
Good day to the eyes and mind reading this!

Abeg, I have an HND in accounting, and MBA with sustainability Specialization.
I intend to Study my Masters In Business Analytics, or Sustainability and Innovation. I will appreciate your suggestions especially if there are Assistantship / opportunities.

Currently, I have both US and UK intentions, so I can move early. Thanks.

Probably too late for fall 2024 in the US. But if you have WES evaluation, Georgia southern university is waiving application fee till feb 29. They also have your intended program.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 8:09am On Feb 13
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 8:09am On Feb 13
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moreayo224: 9:56am On Feb 13
Deestickss:
Please add me to Lagos WhatsApp group for dates. 07068210764

Please, I am new here, I would like to be added to the date search group for Lagos. God bless you all. +2348136428326
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moreayo224: 9:58am On Feb 13
Deestickss:
Please add me to Lagos WhatsApp group for dates. 07068210764

Good morning. Please ,I am new here, I would like to be added to the date search group for Lagos. Thank you all. +2348136428326
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moreayo224: 10:03am On Feb 13
Radarada08:
Done. Thank you.

Hello Moshkom, I am new here, please can I be added to a date search group for Lagos. I would really appreciate it. God bless you. +2348136428326

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Calvary247(f), Ebdumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.