Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,029 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (690567 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joge64: 1:59pm On Mar 21
I process admission for clients into UK, Canada, and USA schools. Chat me up on whatapp for enquires.+2348124550799.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Benuloh(m): 2:55pm On Mar 21
Good afternoon everyone,

I am planning to start my visa application process and will like to know which of the US embassy will most likely get me a closer date.

I should submit my visa request before April and hoping for a date before August.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Younggee19: 4:52pm On Mar 21
Dreexzy:

I would appreciate if someone adds me to the group also🙏🏾 +2348056497171

Same here, please can someone add me to the F1 visa date search group please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 8:11pm On Mar 21
Gokoyer1401:
Hello my people, I have a cousin in Holland without any residence permit. He is still waiting for his Permit to be released but he is Afraid this might come out too late for his Canada and US runs.

My question is that, does he stand any chance of getting either US or Canadian Visa with his status in Holland? Does he have to come back to Nigeria if he doesn't have valid residence permit?
thank you guys.

I would suggest advising your cousin to reconsider his plans for Canada and instead concentrate on the US, or even better, consider staying in Holland. Canada is hotter than fire at the moment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 10:37pm On Mar 21
ayolinger:
Hi Guys. So my US Student Visa expired and I’m trying to do a drop shipping, but I want to do it without coming back to Nigeria. I want to ask if this is possible. Am I required to comeback to submit it myself and exit the US and re-enter with my renewed Visa? Or I can send my passport down to Nigeria and have it dropped on my behalf without any consequences?

I mean won’t my I-94 give me away that I didn’t leave the US?

Please I need genuine advice as I’m trying to avoid the cost and logistics of coming down to Nigeria, and also the wait till the visa is issued.

Thank you.
You don't need to go to Nigeria and you can not do dropbox
You can attend in person at US embassy closes to you in the US which would be Mexico or Canada. Book appointment on the US embassy site for either country. You would need to apply for a Canada visa to go to the Canada. That can be done by post then you go to Canada and attend interview.

Lastly note that as long as your in the US and are still in school then your F1 visa is still valid even though it has expired.
You only need to renew it if you have plans to travel out of the US if you don't it's fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cadmuskosher: 4:48am On Mar 22
Hey everyone, please my team is building an automation tool to simplify the international college application process - an app to help find international colleges and apply to them... https://charmy.ai/

We would love your feedback!!! Kindly fill this form and stand a chance to be one of our 5 lucky winners of $10 each... To be announced here on Nairaland
https://forms.gle/HwQQUCD1u5EsbENE7
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 7:56am On Mar 22
Lawal1555:

As evidence of your ties to your home country, other factors such as relationships with parents, friends, employment, community involvement, and post-study plans can also be considered.

Hello. You seem to know your stuff, so please humor me this: I am waiting for my I-20 Form to arrive, but in the meantime I would like to pay the visa fee and secure an interview date. I have been told that it is often hard to get an early date, thus my wanting to move on it as quickly as I can.

My question: is it possible to both pay for the visa fee and book an appointment even before getting the I-20 Form?

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EnigmaticDude: 8:39am On Mar 22
Ogbeni go and find something to do
Nozino:

I’m not fighting you. Just own your shit with your full chest.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Travisawoyale: 9:10am On Mar 22
blueskies:
Hi, I'm new here. Pls what is the first step to apply for US student visa, and I want to ask if there's any whatsapp group I can be added to. Thank you.

Just stick around on nairaland and you'd find most of what you need

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Travisawoyale: 9:13am On Mar 22
Benuloh:
Good afternoon everyone,

I am planning to start my visa application process and will like to know which of the US embassy will most likely get me a closer date.

I should submit my visa request before April and hoping for a date before August.

Both lagos and Abuja are almost the same
Soon as you get admission send me a text
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Travisawoyale: 9:22am On Mar 22
SammySuave:
2nd attempt
Denied
Lagos
Jan 17
20k , dad still my sponsor
Second attempt

Ear piece man just Dey deny deny
Vo: signals to come foward
Me: went confidently , good morning officer
Vo: pass me your passport and I-20
Me : passed them
VO: so why are you going to the us
Me: (prepared) I’m going to the USA to pursue my bachelors degree in computer programming with specialization in software development at Brigham young University Idaho.

V0: why BYU
Me: I chose Brigham young university Idaho for three main reasons, to begin BYU Idaho is owned and operated by the church of Jesus Christ which I am a member of, so I chose to go to a school where it’s gospel center learning, I also started and completed my predegree at Byu pathway, graduating as one of the best students with that I got acquainted to their educational system and I believe this will bring educational cultural shock to minimal while I study on campus..
VO: ok what does your dad do
Me: me my dad is a successful entrepreneur he’s also a service advisor at XYZ he’s been working there for over 10years.. he deals with importation and sales of heavy truck spare part and also servicing of vehicles.. cuts me off
Vo: okay so I see my co worker interviewed you the last time, what has changed
Me: since the last time I was here,I attended two conferences expert tech Nigeria and art technology Lagos, this ignited my desire to continue my education, I got to understand that the knowledge and skill I’ll gain from this course is essential for my career objective, also the last time I was here I was really nervous and could not articulate some questions properly, which may have made me give wrong answers to some question the VO asked

Vo: sorry I cut you off earlier what does your mum do
Me: my mom is the manager of B and J catering services a company owned by my dad, she’s also the owner of joy cleanings, she earns about 65 million naira annually , together they both paid my international student advance deposit of $4000 and would have no issue sponsoring my education
Vo: I do appreciate your bla bla
Bla, however I can’t approve your visa at the point.. the paper will bla bla bla
Prepared me just collect documents in shock waka comot.
This is my previous interview questions

[color=#000099][/color]

Your answers sound ai generated honestly
This people hear this kind of things everyday
They need something they haven't heard before even if its a lie make it very beautiful
And tie it to coming back home after

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 11:17am On Mar 22
EnigmaticDude:
Ogbeni go and find something to do

Please find for me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 12:17pm On Mar 22
Phraser:

Hello. You seem to know your stuff, so please humor me this: I am waiting for my I-20 Form to arrive, but in the meantime I would like to pay the visa fee and secure an interview date. I have been told that it is often hard to get an early date, thus my wanting to move on it as quickly as I can.

My question: is it possible to both pay for the visa fee and book an appointment even before getting the I-20 Form?

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Several individuals have engaged in this activity, but I would advice you to exercise patience and await the issuance of your I-20.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 1:02pm On Mar 22
SammySuave:
2nd attempt
Denied
Lagos
Jan 17
20k , dad still my sponsor
Second attempt

Ear piece man just Dey deny deny
Vo: signals to come foward
Me: went confidently , good morning officer
Vo: pass me your passport and I-20
Me : passed them
VO: so why are you going to the us
Me: (prepared) I’m going to the USA to pursue my bachelors degree in computer programming with specialization in software development at Brigham young University Idaho.

V0: why BYU
Me: I chose Brigham young university Idaho for three main reasons, to begin BYU Idaho is owned and operated by the church of Jesus Christ which I am a member of, so I chose to go to a school where it’s gospel center learning, I also started and completed my predegree at Byu pathway, graduating as one of the best students with that I got acquainted to their educational system and I believe this will bring educational cultural shock to minimal while I study on campus..
VO: ok what does your dad do
Me: me my dad is a successful entrepreneur he’s also a service advisor at XYZ he’s been working there for over 10years.. he deals with importation and sales of heavy truck spare part and also servicing of vehicles.. cuts me off
Vo: okay so I see my co worker interviewed you the last time, what has changed
Me: since the last time I was here,I attended two conferences expert tech Nigeria and art technology Lagos, this ignited my desire to continue my education, I got to understand that the knowledge and skill I’ll gain from this course is essential for my career objective, also the last time I was here I was really nervous and could not articulate some questions properly, which may have made me give wrong answers to some question the VO asked

Vo: sorry I cut you off earlier what does your mum do
Me: my mom is the manager of B and J catering services a company owned by my dad, she’s also the owner of joy cleanings, she earns about 65 million naira annually , together they both paid my international student advance deposit of $4000 and would have no issue sponsoring my education
Vo: I do appreciate your bla bla
Bla, however I can’t approve your visa at the point.. the paper will bla bla bla
Prepared me just collect documents in shock waka comot.
This is my previous interview questions

[color=#000099][/color]
I personally would have denied you. You actually deserve the denial.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Benuloh(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22
Am asking because am trying to process my student visa and need to get a favourable date before resumption.

Travisawoyale:

Both lagos and Abuja are almost the same
Soon as you get admission send me a text
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phraser: 1:44pm On Mar 22
Lawal1555:

Several individuals have engaged in this activity, but I would advice you to exercise patience and await the issuance of your I-20.

Thanks, man.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 2:54pm On Mar 22
fearlessfang:

What are your reasons? Is it because of the religious tone or his generic answers? Regardless, my suggestion to him would be to eliminate the religious aspect and concentrate on the values BYU can contribute to his personal development and his home country.

We should learn how to set aside anything religion during our interview. America is a land of freedom, so we shouldn't sound as extremists to the visa officer.

In my opinion, his generic responses gave him away. It's evident that he lacks familiarity with his course and the school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JohnZak: 3:50pm On Mar 22
BYU is a religious university. OP had to mention his affiliation to the Church of the Latter-Day Saints in their interview. You can't apply to a well-known religious school and not mention it. Ironically, that may have been their undoing because the consular officer may have disbelieved his motives.

I have nothing against BYU or its honor code but BYU's honor code for students, staff, and faculty is pretty strict for a young student compared to other universities.

https://policy.byu.edu/view/church-educational-system-honor-code

Most U.S. graduate or undergraduate students do not live like this. A BYU college basketball player was suspended or expelled for violations of the honor code (a behavior that won't even register in other schools).

If the OP wants to go to only BYU, they have to work on their responses in a future interview. Their responses seem pretty bland. And probably get a letter vouching for them from their local church of the latter day saints. Otherwise, they can always apply to another non-religious affiliated university.

Lawal1555:

What are your reasons? Is it because of the religious tone or his generic answers? Regardless, my suggestion to him would be to eliminate the religious aspect and concentrate on the values BYU can contribute to his personal development and his home country.

We should learn how to set aside anything religion during our interview. America is a land of freedom, so we shouldn't sound as extremists to the visa officer.

In my opinion, his generic responses gave him away. It's evident that he lacks familiarity with his course and the school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Badmanola: 4:16pm On Mar 22
Hello everyone, this post does not relate to US STUDENT VISA but it does relate to US VISA

Last december, my dad met a man who happens to be around politicians a lot and he told him about my previous US visa being denied.
The man then said one of his politician friend told him there is a way I could get a US visa without having to go for an interview, at first I called cap because i've never in my life heard of it but then i gave in to my dad's words because to be candid i really hoped it was true and i really wanna go to the US. So, the process began, my dad paid an amount of money to the man and it all started months after months the man keep saying they'll call me. Who is the "THEY", i don't know but still I held out hope, not quite long ago the man forwarded a message to me on whatsapp saying i should prepare some necessary documents and also that i'm not the only one doing the process and also said in the message that we'll be called by batch according to our geopolitical zones. A quote from the forwarded message
"For all the people you brought their names pls send their state of origin and phone nos now pls so we can arrange them according to their geopolitical zones as there's different dates for each zone.North Kano,Kaduna and Niger is 13-17 March, southwest is 26-30 March, south south and south east is March 31-April 3, April 5-9 is North east,April 11-14 is for North Central while the last batch is April 15-18"

My question to anyone who might have experienced this or have an idea what this is, PLEASE IS THIS TRUE OR SCAM.
THANKS FOR READING...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 4:23pm On Mar 22
JohnZak:
BYU is a religious university. OP had to mention his affiliation to the Church of the Latter-Day Saints in their interview. You can't apply to a well-known religious school and not mention it. Ironically, that may have been their undoing because the consular officer may have disbelieved his motives.

I have nothing against BYU or its honor code but BYU's honor code for students, staff, and faculty is pretty strict for a young student compared to other universities.

https://policy.byu.edu/view/church-educational-system-honor-code

Most U.S. graduate or undergraduate students do not live like this. A BYU college basketball player was suspended or expelled for violations of the honor code (a behavior that won't even register in other schools).

If the OP wants to go to only BYU, they have to work on their responses in a future interview. Their responses seem pretty bland. And probably get a letter vouching for them from their local church of the latter day saints. Otherwise, they can always apply to another non-religious affiliated university.

Bringing up your religious affiliation with BYU seems irrelevant when your program has no connection to religion. What benefit would being associated with a Latter-Day Saints church bring to your personal growth and your home country?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 4:35pm On Mar 22
Badmanola:
Hello everyone, this post does not relate to US STUDENT VISA but it does relate to US VISA

Last december, my dad met a man who happens to be around politicians a lot and he told him about my previous US visa being denied.
The man then said one of his politician friend told him there is a way I could get a US visa without having to go for an interview, at first I called cap because i've never in my life heard of it but then i gave in to my dad's words because to be candid i really hoped it was true and i really wanna go to the US. So, the process began, my dad paid an amount of money to the man and it all started months after months the man keep saying they'll call me. Who is the "THEY", i don't know but still I held out hope, not quite long ago the man forwarded a message to me on whatsapp saying i should prepare some necessary documents and also that i'm not the only one doing the process and also said in the message that we'll be called by batch according to our geopolitical zones. A quote from the forwarded message
"For all the people you brought their names pls send their state of origin and phone nos now pls so we can arrange them according to their geopolitical zones as there's different dates for each zone.North Kano,Kaduna and Niger is 13-17 March, southwest is 26-30 March, south south and south east is March 31-April 3, April 5-9 is North east,April 11-14 is for North Central while the last batch is April 15-18"

My question to anyone who might have experienced this or have an idea what this is, PLEASE IS THIS TRUE OR SCAM.
THANKS FOR READING...

This would have been real if the US group interview process still existed. However, since group interviews have been eliminated for quite some time, individuals must now speak for themselves to obtain a visa. Even the said politician would have to attend an interview if he wishes to travel to the US, unless he holds a diplomatic passport.

Shine your eyes

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Badmanola: 4:46pm On Mar 22
Also a little detail I didn’t add was, I would get a message from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
But now I just question everything.
Lawal1555:

This would have been real if the US group interview process still existed. However, since group interviews have been eliminated for quite some time, individuals must now speak for themselves to obtain a visa. Even the said politician would have to attend an interview if he wishes to travel to the US, unless he holds a diplomatic passport.

Shine your eyes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:23pm On Mar 22
Badmanola:
Also a little detail I didn’t add was, I would get a message from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
But now I just question everything.
Wait and see first.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:00pm On Mar 22
Badmanola:

THANKS FOR READING...

Hey 🤠

*** That man your dad met might be doing everything in a good will as a middle man. But that (his) political friend is the real scammer . On the other hand, they can be working together as thieves, and Ironically, both of them including you and your dad might all be victims of political chain fallacy (all of you don't know about the game).

1. USA embassies and consulates generally do not require interviews for Diplomats and other Foreign Government officials traveling to the United States to engage solely in official duties or activities on behalf of their national governmen ( A-1 and A-2 visas) except in a very exceptional cases (3 out of 10).

2. Aside the aforementioned , even their Immediate Personal Employees, Domestic Workers, and Attendants of A-1 or A-2 visa holders applying for A-3 visas are still required to be interviewed.

3. No matter how strong your connections in Nigeria (except you know the President, VP, Governor, and DG directly) the only government umbrella they can sneak you into is under A3 visas and you still need to be interviewed.

4. You, together with your dad should call the man again and ask him : Sir , am i going to be interviewed ? Am i going under A3 visa ? If the answer is no , pls turn back from the wrong journey .

5. They may also be trying to patch you under C1 visa (I will name it unrest-visa) which also requires an interview.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samclnt(m): 6:46pm On Mar 22
Good evening, guys. Please does anyone know the YouTube Channel of Ola that post schools and scholarships opportunities?

I’ll appreciate your swift response.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22
Hello guys,
Please who has paid SEVIS fees from Nigeria recently, how did you pay it??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer1401: 1:14am On Mar 23
Thank you for your submission!
JohnZak:
Because your cousin's country of citizenship is different from his country of permanent residence, the U.S. embassy/consulate will consider him a third country national (TCN). Depending on the country, TCNs can routinely apply for visas in the country of permanent residence. However, they will usually be asked about their status in their country of residence at the embassy or their passports will be reviewed for a visa that allows them to be in that country. Obviously, if the applicant does not have a residence permit or any type of document that allows him to remain in that country legally, his application may not be favorably reviewed.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer1401: 1:16am On Mar 23
Thank you very much.
Lawal1555:

I would suggest advising your cousin to reconsider his plans for Canada and instead concentrate on the US, or even better, consider staying in Holland. Canada is hotter than fire at the moment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AFFIRMATIONS(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23
#𝗔𝗙𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡 23RD MARCH

I affirm that the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, are with me today and always. God's divine power has given me all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that’s called me to glory and virtue. I’m free from the power and intimidation of money. I walk in victory and in absolute prosperity, bringing forth from within all that I require for...https:///p9v28c-6MQ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chaiks: 6:23pm On Mar 23
Guys, please how is it like living in San diego, Californiaas a student?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SammySuave: 6:36pm On Mar 23
fearlessfang:

Why ? , what are your reasons ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23
Hello guys!
Please who has paid SEVIS FEES recently from Nigeria.
How did you pay it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: onyekachee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.