Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (675432 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bemagnify: 8:09pm On Mar 23
Please seniors I need your help. I have asked this before but no one answered me.

I really need a fully-funded PhD scholarship in the USA.

Educational Background

I've got an LLM in technology law from a UK university, a Comptia Security+ certificate, and a mix of experience - 2 years in cybersecurity, 5 years as a Nigerian lawyer, and 3 years as a UK paralegal. I'm currently based in the UK. Any tips on how I can make this happen?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23
crusader6:
Hello guys!
Please who has paid SEVIS FEES recently from Nigeria.
How did you pay it?

You can't pay from Nigeria.

The only two options are get someone from US to make the payment for you, or pay through some agent that will charge extra fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mjosh1000(m): 8:17pm On Mar 23
Please, my Vaccination card has been misplaced for years now, and my school said I should upload proof that I have taken measles vaccine or mumps .

What can I do ?

I went to my local government health care, they said I should go to the international Airport, to get it, I don't know how to go about it.

Anybody with similar issues!!!
Please how did you solve it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:35pm On Mar 23
Mjosh1000:
Please, my Vaccination card has been misplaced for years now, and my school said I should upload proof that I have taken measles vaccine or mumps .

What can I do ?

I went to my local government health care, they said I should go to the international Airport, to get it, I don't know how to go about it.

Anybody with similar issues!!!
Please how did you solve it.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

** Let me use a stone to kill 2 birds .

1. For your SEVIS fee payment. The best place to pay it is in the USA. Find a family or friends in the States to make the payment for you . The 2nd best alternative is for you to go to Republic of Benin (cotonou) or send someone there to go and pay for you . Any other options aside the listed is a risky option.

2. For the Vaccination card . Follow the advice of your local govt health care centre or visit any federal hospital . You need wisdom to sort this issue out .

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23
bemagnify:
Please seniors I need your help. I have asked this before but no one answered me.

Educational Background

I've got an LLM in technology law from a UK university, a Comptia Security+ certificate, and a mix of experience - 2 years in cybersecurity, 5 years as a Nigerian lawyer, and 3 years as a UK paralegal. I'm currently based in the UK. Any tips on how I can make this happen?

Hey ๐Ÿค 

*** You don't wait for things to happen . It is what you make (create) to happen that happens.

1. 98% of PhD in USA is typically funded. It is pretty hard to do a PhD without getting a financial support from the school, and most departments understands this.

2. Google Public Research Universities in the USA and e-mail the faculty of your intended major directly and express your interest (as narrated above).

3. PhD application is bargaining orientated. Go ahead and bargain your wants with those Universities.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bemagnify: 9:55pm On Mar 23
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

*** You don't wait for things to happen . It is what you make (create) to happen that happens.

1. 98% of PhD in USA is typically funded. It is pretty hard to do a PhD without getting a financial support from the school, and most departments understands this.

2. Google Public Research Universities in the USA and e-mail the faculty of your intended major directly and express your interest (as narrated above).

3. PhD application is bargaining orientated. Go ahead and bargain your wants with those Universities.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Thank you for this.. More Ideas are need.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayosharon4321: 11:15pm On Mar 23
HELLO HOUSE,

A follow up to my post concerning the university that assured me admission for summer, itโ€™s university of Wisconsin Milwaukee. Iโ€™ve been researching and just seen that itโ€™s not black friendly. Please where are danger zones for blacks? And whereโ€™s more safer(states/cities smiley)
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by linsa01(m): 8:21am On Mar 24
Happy Sunday to you all.

Pls, I need clarity on this.

On my admission letter, my program duration is 5yrs but on my i-20, the duration is about 6yrs+.

My question is which one should I put on my DS-160? And if I put 6yrs+, will that not signal any negativity to the VO? I particularly, do not want to spend more than 5yrs on the program.

Pls, I need clarification.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cath1234(f): 8:55am On Mar 24
Please anyone studying in Niagara university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:04am On Mar 24
linsa01:
Happy Sunday to you all.

Pls, I need clarity on this.

On my admission letter, my program duration is 5yrs but on my i-20, the duration is about 6yrs+.

My question is which one should I put on my DS-160? And if I put 6yrs+, will that not signal any negativity to the VO? I particularly, do not want to spend more than 5yrs on the program.

Pls, I need clarification.

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. Quote the duration on your Form I 20 my friend . That Form I-20 is even important than your F1 visa (if granted) because you can keep going as an international student in the USA with valid Form I 20 but with an expired student visa.

2. How do you mean that you don't want to spend more than 5 years on the program ? Are you part of the senate of the school or staff professors ? If your present admission is for PhD you can even spend 10 years (God forbid for you) . PhD programs has the highest student drop-outs of all degree categories (Bsc, Msc,Phd) in academics.

3. Even if your I 20 says 10 years, you should be happy and follow the date because majority of you will want to stay behind after study and that I 20 will keep you going after the expiration of your visa. ** However, you can graduate before the date quoted on your Form I 20 or Admision letter . This should not even be your worry. Focus on how to secure your visa.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cath1234(f): 9:06am On Mar 24
Please anyone studying in Niagara university , do they offer funding .?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by linsa01(m): 9:14am On Mar 24
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. Quote the duration on your Form I 20 my friend . That Form I-20 is even important than your F1 visa (if granted) because you can keep going as an international student in the USA with valid Form I 20 but with an expired student visa.

2. How do you mean that you don't want to spend more than 5 years on the program ? Are you part of the senate of the school or staff professors ? If your present admission is for PhD you can even spend 10 years (God forbid for you) . PhD programs has the highest student drop-outs of all degree categories (Bsc, Msc,Phd) in academics.

3. Even if your I 20 says 10 years, you should be happy and follow the date because majority of you will want to stay behind after study and that I 20 will keep you going after the expiration of your visa. ** However, you can graduate before the date quoted on your Form I 20 or Admision letter . This should not even be your worry. Focus on how to secure your visa.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Thanks bro. You're always on point with your response to issues on this thread. I love you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joge64: 11:05am On Mar 24
We do admission processing into US, UK and Canada schools. You only pay once your admission is out and confirmed.
Please note: We don't do ANY other schools except the above mentioned destination counties. Reach me on whatapp via +2348124550799
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:19am On Mar 24
linsa01:

Thanks bro. You're always on point with your response to issues on this thread. I love you

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. All glory to God. Thank you !

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AdeMercyJ5: 12:11pm On Mar 24
Hello.
Please, someone should kindly add me to the student visa mock interview and appointment date WhatsApp group. 08053567774
Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24
Please, someone should kindly add me to the student visa mock interview and appointment date WhatsApp group. 08132161427
Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24
Hello please I need help
I want to start filling my form 160, when I login the page and choose Nigeria, Lagos, it automatically reload and I can't choose the location again.

Please someone should tell me what to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 3:54pm On Mar 24
bemagnify:

Educational Background

You research for for PhD in a US university for the course you want.

There's no short cut to this. Start your search 12-18 months before you want to start.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 4:02pm On Mar 24
Ayosharon4321:
HELLO HOUSE,

A follow up to my post concerning the university that assured me admission for summer, itโ€™s university of Wisconsin Milwaukee. Iโ€™ve been researching and just seen that itโ€™s not black friendly. Please where are danger zones for blacks? And whereโ€™s more safer(states/cities smiley)
Thanks

There's racism everywhere in the US

Best you look for universities or cities that are immigrants friendly. High population of intl students. Presence of intl students association
can help
Also note some states have open carry laws which means they can carry weapons openly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 4:05pm On Mar 24
Cath1234:
Please anyone studying in Niagara university , do they offer funding .?

Ask the faculty you are interested in directly for funding opportunities. Email them or see if they have social media accounts

Or check the school website for students aid or financial aid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24
crusader6:
Hello please I need help
I want to start filling my form 160, when I login the page and choose Nigeria, Lagos, it automatically reload and I can't choose the location again.

Please someone should tell me what to do?

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. That form is called DS 160 and its a kind of stubborn (secured/security /sensitive) online form .

2. Aside of the issue you are facing right now. You are still going to face time out challenge because the form won't give you the chance to start thinking for longer minutes before you start typing or inputting your data.

3. Ask someone to give you DS 160 questionnaire. Fill the questionnaire and put it beside you . Now open the DS 160 form and start all over . You have to be snappy with the form and use Mozilla Firefox if available .

4. You will be given security question and answer which you will be using to retrieve your ongoing form (in the case the system timed you out) after you scalled through the location (Nigeria -Lagos) page . You need to proof stubborn with the online form too.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by xenoo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24
justpresh247:
Good afternoon guys. Is anyone going to the University of Bridgeport, Conn for spring 2024? Let's connect, I just got an offer and accepted.
Fall 2024. Let's connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crusader6(m): 4:50pm On Mar 24
Please between Lagos and Abuja, where I'm I likely to get a closer appointment dates?
I'm to resume my exchange visitor program by 1st May, can I request for an emergency appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 4:52pm On Mar 24
crusader6:
Please between Lagos and Abuja, where I'm I likely to get a closer appointment dates?
I'm to resume my exchange visitor program by 1st May, can I request for an emergency appointment?
Try for emergency appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 5:12pm On Mar 24
Please o.
missidy:
Please can anyone who has written TOELF assist me with study materials. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cadmuskosher: 6:09pm On Mar 24
Hey Nairaland fam, please my team is building an automation tool to help international students find colleges and apply to them... https://charmy.ai/

For a chance to be one of our 5 lucky winners of $10, we would love your feedback in this form https://forms.gle/HwQQUCD1u5EsbENE7
Thank you in advance!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by missidy: 6:45pm On Mar 24
Filled this 2 days when you first posted. shocked
cadmuskosher:
Hey Nairaland fam, please my team is building an automation tool to help international students find colleges and apply to them... https://charmy.ai/

For a chance to be one of our 5 lucky winners of $10, we would love your feedback in this form https://forms.gle/HwQQUCD1u5EsbENE7
Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cadmuskosher: 7:00pm On Mar 24
Thank you for your feedback, we got a number of replies but need a larger sample size to make better decisions.
Please DM me your email, thanks
missidy:
Filled this 2 days when you first posted. shocked

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ourunivibes(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24
AlphaMaximus:
US F1 Visa Interview Transcript

Program: PhD Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame (Fully-funded)

Date: March-20-2024

Venue: US Consulate in Lagos

Outcome: Visa Approved โœ…

Dialogue

VO: Window 3, white man with glasses and white earphones

VO: reading my I-20 I see that you're going to The University of Notre Dame du Lac (full name of University of Notre Dame) and you'll be pursuing a PhD in Chemical Engineering. And you're also fully-funded! Wow! It seems all the big brains came today! Great!

Me: cracks a smile

VO: So tell me about your research.

Me: Alright. For this PhD degree, my research will be focusing on computational catalysis....

VO: cuts in and squints eyes in curiosity Catalysis? What's that?

Me: Alright. So catalysis is the use of special substances called catalysts to expedite the rate of chemical or industrial processes and also a means of reducing their energy expenditure. This research is relevant because as a process manager at The Heineken Company, we have challenges with reducing our energy expenditure and carbon dioxide emissions.

These challenges are largely due to a technical knowledge gap not just in The Heineken Company, but in Nigeria at large. Therefore, this PhD degree will imbue me with the technical expertise I need to take on a senior process management role in energy sustainability at The Heineken Company when I return to Nigeria (return fire).

VO: That's fantastic work! Do you have a bachelor's degree sir? (Sir bawo?)

Me: Yes. I have a first-class in Petroleum and Gas Engineering from The University of Lagos.

VO: Okay. So tell me sir, focuses gaze on me, have you ever applied for a student visa?

Me: Yes, I applied for a student visa in 2020 but I did not attend the interview.

VO: VO aggressively types and scrolls through his screen while silently complaining about the network Alriiiiiighttt. VO continues this aggressive action on his laptop for 1 minute

VO: Congratulations sir. reaches for the white paper of salvation This explains bla bla bla, your I-20 is like a part of your visa, bla bla bla. It sounds like you're going on to do incredible work in The United States. I wish you the best.

Me: Thank you.

Fall 2024 is a go!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Please did you write GRE ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Guruindahouse(m): 8:53am On Mar 25
Hmmmn, you are right on this. UCF just offered my cousin an admission but he has to accept the offer first before getting to know the tuition fees. Is this normal at all?

Meanwhile, I have not heard any decision regarding my own application in the same school.

Zihno:

This is really impressive. UCF is known for giving out unfunded PhDs. I was a victim. Congratulations!!! When you get your visa, come and buy me beer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bemagnify: 9:14am On Mar 25
Taal17:

You research for for PhD in a US university for the course you want.

There's no short cut to this. Start your search 12-18 months before you want to start.

Thank you, I appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ijmildy: 10:00pm On Mar 25
I had been denied Student Visa in 2023 April and preparing for Interview in May. I just realised that I did not fill all my past work experiences in the 2023 DS160 as I only mentioned my current job and immediate past job. I wish to know If I can go ahead to indicate the previous work experiences I did not mention earlier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.