Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso (41406 Views)

Kwamanda To Tinubu: Your Secret Deal With Kwankwaso Will Destroy APC / 2023: I Am In Talks With Kwankwaso, Obi & one of them may possibly come - Atiku / Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Spotted With Kwankwaso (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by vicdom(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2022
There appear to be renewed plots in political circles around the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s camp to draft Osinbajo back into the 2023 presidential race.

Although close aides of the Vice President described this as mere speculation, arguing that their principal won’t be leaving the All Progressives Congress, APC, sources insisted at the weekend that there were active suggestions going on regarding the possibility of an Osinbajo/Kwankwaso ticket on the platform of the NNDP.

Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso, a former governor of Kano State, is the presidential candidate of NNPP, a new party that seems to resonate with political elements across many northern states.

Meanwhile, there is insinuation of Mr Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, also running with Kwankwaso on the platform of what their fans called ‘Third Force’.

“One of the factors driving the push for an Osinbajo/Kwankwaso ticket is the need to give vent to what is clearly a nationwide yearning for a different kind of political leadership, something that the VP has come to represent to Nigerians,” one of the sources said.

“On the other hand, Kwankwaso is known to be an accomplished grassroots politician in the North-West who can easily complement the VP”.

Osinbajo had, among others, lost the presidential ticket of the APC to Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu at the Special Convention of the party held at the Eagle Square, Abuja, on June 8.

Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State, scooped 1,271 delegate votes to emerge as the party’s candidate in next year’s presidential poll while Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, a former Minister of Transportation, polled 316 votes to come second. Osinbajo polled 235 votes to finish third.

This latest move, according to sources, is being championed by some of the VP’s associates in collaboration with some influential northern politicians.

Regardless of the outcome of the primary, the group has now commenced a move to secure the ticket of the NNPP for the VP.

According to the sources, the plan is to substitute Kwankwaso, whose name has already been submitted by the party as its presidential flag bearer, using the window of substitution which opens until August.

Although close aides of the VP have dismissed the report, describing it as mere speculation, the sources spoke of the possibility of an Osinbajo/Kwankwaso ticket on the platform of the NNPP.

The calculation, one of the sources said, is that religion would play a major role in who succeeds President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023 and that fielding the VP, a southern Christian, would ensure that the North is freely allowed to choose a Muslim running mate, and as such, Kwankwaso is suitably qualified to deputize Osinbajo.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/osinbajo-under-pressure-to-rejoin-presidential-race-allies-plot-vp-kwankwaso-ticket/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by abrat: 7:42am On Jun 26, 2022
Source? or #idon'tbelieveit

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by mymadam(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2022
vicdom:
Osinbajo under pressure to rejoin presidential race; allies plot VP/Kwankwaso ticket

You're dreaming in 6G grin

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by APCnaPDP: 7:47am On Jun 26, 2022
If this happens, I will wholeheartedly support them. Anything that can move Nigeria forward and rescue us from Tinubu and his gang of kleptomaniacs.

124 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Danibonk(m): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2022
Kwankwanso is looking for a relevant southern candidate he knows he is only popular in Kano and some other state

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Parachoko: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2022
How can Vanguard go this low?

Even if their source dey tell them this, dem no even suppose believe am.

392 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2022
Prof. Osinbajo my man grin

Once beaten twice shy. I know you know the right thing to do grin

Osinbajo: Naso una deceive me say I go win primaries and I no even come second. Thunder fire all of una grin grin. On Tinubu's mandate I stand grin

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by shigishege: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2022
All I know is that Yoruba is thr next nigeria president

388 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2022
shigishege:
Na where una won see vote?

41 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Osatarris: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2022
shigishege:
I hope so
As long as it is not Drugnibu

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Arysexy(m): 8:05am On Jun 26, 2022
This is what APC left to present a crooked fraudster and drug mole as candidate .

E don backfire on them

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by uzohrome(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2022
If this happens, it will be threaten Obi's winning

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by shigishege: 8:15am On Jun 26, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Na where una won see vote?
na for AfghanEstern. The Land of the unknown gunmen. The Land of the organ harvesters

377 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Penguin2: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2022
lol!

The people making such moves are foolish illiterates actually.

Because as it stands, Osinbajo is stuck.

He already took oath of office twice as Vice President and therefore can no longer be running mate to anybody.

Again, his name can no longer be substituted as a presidential candidate after the close of window for primaries.

Supreme Court has ruled that for anyone to be a flagbearer of a party or declared winner of an election, such person must have participated in all process of the election of his party I.e primaries and all.

Besides, if Kwankwaso step down for anyone wouldn’t it be more advantageous for him to step down for Peter Obi who already has 2 regions of SE/SS in the bag?

Why step down for somebody from Southwest who will end up just sharing the votes of Southwest people.

Except say Kwankwaso no get sense or is it not strategic enough, this insinuation is dead on arrival.

Fergie001
Garfield1

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by VoteTinubu2023: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2022
"Unnamed sources".....LMAO.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by adeybobor: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Factcheck0001: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Some people will just get drunk n b writing anything,they don’t care about electoral law or what the constitution says about the gibberish they have to drop

They just want to drop anything for relevance

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Golan007: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
What of Obi?

358 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by inoki247: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
People no dey learn Osinbajo wey no get electoral value dem think say Nigeria election na by English.....

As he dey like that Osinbajo no fit win even house of assembly election in Ogun.....

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by RichDad1(m): 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
That will be his greatest political undoing.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Pandev(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
grin

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Who will be President and who will be VP? grin grin grin

Yeye dey smell grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by kayuseful: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Better news

But most tribal supporters of Obi won't like this as they know his fan base will drop

News media too will like this as it will make them sell
Give some people some hope even if it's false hope grin

As for BAT, the northerners pushing him on for a Muslim Muslim ticket will betray him at last. There's enough baggage on his neck for southerners to think twice about supporting him, Muslim ticket should not be more

As for Atiku, this news will play to his advantage as it will divide the SW, the support base of Tinubu

This election should go down as the most keenly contested one in our history

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by MrBONE2(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
grin

This will be political suicidal

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Osinbanjo

Tinubu will not take it lightly with you this time around

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Born2Breed(f): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
grin

It's allowed.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by stabilizer: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
God should forgive me... I slept with my landlady's mother yesterday.

It was amazing but worrisome
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Hafeexla(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Mumu speculation all around. The next President is already ready to be sworn in. #themandate
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by KEVIND: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Let Tinubu go & rest & relinquish to Osinbajo.
Let's have credible alternatives.
Peter Obi Vs Yemi Osinbajo
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by id4sho(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Cruise, impeachment loading undecided

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by money121(m): 8:46am On Jun 26, 2022
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc / Nyesom Wike, The Sleeping Governor By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Tension In Kaduna As Police And Shii'tes Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.