Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso (41428 Views)

Kwamanda To Tinubu: Your Secret Deal With Kwankwaso Will Destroy APC / 2023: I Am In Talks With Kwankwaso, Obi & one of them may possibly come - Atiku / Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Spotted With Kwankwaso (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Denko2721987(m): 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
I am currently for OBI but if Osinbajo abinOsinbade according to our Oga at the top paradventure becomes the presidential flag bearer of any party, I may switch alliance becos i just have a feeling Osinbajo has the goodwill, proficiency and even experience and the federal level of changing the virtues and fortunes of this country around and the reason why he hasn't been able to achieve so under this administration is becos the vice president's position doesn't really allow you so much power and enablement to get things done without the president or his big cronies first accenting to it which has really dampened the potential of Osinbajo. But I just love the man although sometimes it gets difficult to do so becos of the shadow this administration has obviously cast on him..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by adioolayi(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
I don't know when Nigeria's major news media will stop permutations and combinations just to drive traffic to their news..

So sad we don't even have a single reliable media outlet that you can be rest assured of not disseminating news based on assumptions and not fact....all you read is..."A source" "our source" and other Nonsense.

This is a new low of journalism in Nigeria..how are they even different from bloggers now
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by CheapHomes1: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Kkk777: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nigerian want Osinbajo as president not has vice President.

If he join any presidential aspirant as deputy, the party would still failed.
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by CheapHomes1: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
adioolayi:
I don't know when Nigeria's major news media will stop permutations and combinations just to drive traffic to their news..

So sad we don't even have a single reliable media outlet that you can be rest assured of not disseminating news based on assumptions and not fact....all you read is..."A source" "our source" and other Nonsense.

This is a new low of journalism in Nigeria..how are they even different from bloggers now

Am glad you said this because this write up is just pure and outright concoction, a figment of the writers imagination
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by EDOLUWA: 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
Which Obi is winning before.. where Atiku and Tinubu dey. Abeg stop dreaming

uzohrome:
If this happens, it will be threaten Obi's winning
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Starz825(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Na where una won see vote?
Bros go Siddon ...he still sure for Yorubas than the ibos....

No be Ibos again....
Na mouth Huna get....and you guys are money worshipers.....even for east atiku and tinubu will still win ahead of peter obi...if there is money rain in the east... these thieves will still win ahead of your own person...you guys are traitors and back stabbers of your own person....

The Igbo political actors are the only reason why peter obi will not win.... they will do everything to spoil him out of envy and pride

You guys aren't one politically..you hate each other in your region.... little wonder..na huna dey kill huna self for your region....

If you hear any attack in the west it's an outsider....we are still one than you guys

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by maasoap(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
APCnaPDP:
If this happens, I will wholeheartedly support them. Anything that can move Nigeria forward and rescue us from Tinubu and his gang of kleptomaniacs.

You are not yet under Tinubu and his gang of kleptomaniacs. Talk another thing
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by frog12: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
hmm... osinbajo is in the wrong party unless he wants to wait until he is 73 years old. hahahah
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by OmoEpe(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
A very good move to show Osinbajo how politically irrelevant he is in the Nigerian political space
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by PAWG(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
This will be the winning combo
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Prinxzona10: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
As it stands now,the probability of Peter Obi winning the presidential election is very high buh once Osibanjo steps in,it will definitely affect Peter Obi and Tinubu because Osibanjo will share votes with these two as a Southerner,he will also share votes with Peter Obi on a religious sentiments and at the end of the day,Atiku wins with ease...
So the candidate this calculation is likely to affect most negatively,is Peter Obi buh I wonder why Kwankwaso refuses to deputise the most popular and masses favourite Peter Obi and be gunning for Osibanjo if at all the story is true..
Lastly,I wouldn't stoop too low to give any feedback to any mentally deranged soulless slave on this space .... I rest my case...Gracias!!!!
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by TinubuNG: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
RichDad1:
That will be his greatest political undoing.
What did you even think will happen to his political career after this regime? Oblivion awaits grin !
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by skentelelady(f): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
kayuseful:

If you read the news well, you'll see it's kwankwanso that's to be vp

Honestly I don't know what's happening to people in this country. They always fail to read properly.

Is it that they lack patient to read thoroughly with understanding or they are lazy to read?

What if kwankwanso writes inec that he's stepping down. The window forbsubstitution is still open till August. Those trying this move aren't daft na. They know these things

Good thinking
The agenda is to get someone to divide Tinubus vote in the south.
At the last minute, kwankwanso will tell his northern brothers to vote Atiku, while woke southerners are still "voting competence" over tribe
We southerners usually think we get sense, but northerners usually Beat us to the game
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Thegoodone13(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
I wish PDP president candidate is Obi while Osinbanjo is for APC but Atiku and Tinubu is ...... .............
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
After all your permutations/combinations I am voting only Obi (Labour Party).

Igbo Christian must rule. The rest Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Odebanjo... e no concern me.

1 Hail Mary for Peter Obi.
St. Peter, and St. Michael (me), pray for us.
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Levels1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

If obi who's from a minority is dreaming how much more someone from the majority. I do hope this answer your question?
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by kwasoly(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
uzohrome:
If this happens, it will be threaten Obi's winning

No way, obi is a movement that he himself can't understand.
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:
How can Vanguard go this low?

Even if their source dey tell them this, dem no even suppose believe am.
Nigerian journalists are just like the rest of the vast majority of the population - lazy, greedy, looking for quick miracle money and fame without hard work and unimaginative.
They will post any rubbish just to get any click plus they know that a lot of their readers are just too dumb and gullible and will believe any trash they post at least for a day or 2. grin
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

where you igbo can't get vote of course?

APC have sitting President, Governors, Senators, HOR and you're asking them where they want to see the votes

if LP that have no sitting Governors not to talk of lawmakers are hoping of becoming President, is it not idiotic for you to be asking imbecilic question

you igbo will be disappointed post 2023 election and you will go back to default I can promised you that
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by TheRareGem1(f): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
What Osinbajo has done so far as VP, no VP since the nation's democratic ruling come close. He has raised the bar and the next VP will work very hard to meet up with his challenge, we have never had a situation whereby Nigerians would be calling a vice to declare for Presidency. Elites, business tycoons etc. This is because of his divine leadership style. I see APC coming to beg PYO to contest after this coming administration but he won't defect to any party
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by jaxxy(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Penguin2:
lol!

The people making such moves are foolish illiterates actually.

Because as it stands, Osinbajo is stuck.

He already took oath of office twice as Vice President and therefore can no longer be running mate to anybody.

Again, his name can no longer be substituted as a presidential candidate after the close of window for primaries.

Supreme Court has ruled that for anyone to be a flagbearer of a party or declared winner of an election, such person must have participated in all process of the election of his party I.e primaries and all.

Besides, if Kwankwaso step down for anyone wouldn’t it be more advantageous for him to step down for Peter Obi who already has 2 regions of SE/SS in the bag?

Why step down for somebody from Southwest who will end up just sharing the votes of Southwest people.

Except say Kwankwaso no get sense or is it not strategic enough, this insinuation is dead on arrival.

Fergie001
Garfield1

It's a late calculation to save his political fan base that more than half of them have shifted to Peter obi. I would rather advise osibanjo to be a patriot and support the people's choice and a south Eastern presidency which is well overdue than be a so-called double traitor to his political godfather.

He also didn't come 1st runner up in the primaries so if tinubu gets disqualified he still won't be the presidential candidate bt rather Amaechi.
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Sweetness2020(f): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
I thought is Obi/ kwankwaso
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Zeemam: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
I'm Osinbajonated
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by orisa37: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
NOT WITH KWANKWASO BUT WITH A RETIRED IBO MUSLIM MILITARY GENERAL.
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by pacespot(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
But Osibanjo should not jeopardize Obi's chance. This is the Igbo turn to produce the president.
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Oracleforce: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
vicdom:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/osinbajo-under-pressure-to-rejoin-presidential-race-allies-plot-vp-kwankwaso-ticket/

as long as Oshibajo will be the president

But it makes Osinbajo set down from office...

with Osinbajo in the race, Obi and Tinubu chances will be slimer
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Backpedal: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2022
Penguin2:
lol!

The people making such moves are foolish illiterates actually.

Because as it stands, Osinbajo is stuck.

He already took oath of office twice as Vice President and therefore can no longer be running mate to anybody.

Again, his name can no longer be substituted as a presidential candidate after the close of window for primaries.

Supreme Court has ruled that for anyone to be a flagbearer of a party or declared winner of an election, such person must have participated in all process of the election of his party I.e primaries and all.

Besides, if Kwankwaso step down for anyone wouldn’t it be more advantageous for him to step down for Peter Obi who already has 2 regions of SE/SS in the bag?

Why step down for somebody from Southwest who will end up just sharing the votes of Southwest people.

Except say Kwankwaso no get sense or is it not strategic enough, this insinuation is dead on arrival.

Fergie001
Garfield1
I'm not so sure that Peter Obi will come first in the SE/SS though

This race is gonna be a keenly contested one
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Backpedal: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2022
pacespot:
But Osibanjo should not jeopardize Obi's chance. This is the Igbo turn to produce the president.
There is no such thing as "turn"
We have outgrown that
And destroyed that

What we need is a good president
And of the three main front runners
Obi seems to be the best

Competence over tribalism
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by Oracleforce: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
Denko2721987:
I am currently for OBI but if Osinbajo abinOsinbade according to our Oga at the top paradventure becomes the presidential flag bearer of any party, I may switch alliance becos i just have a feeling Osinbajo has the goodwill, proficiency and even experience and the federal level of changing the virtues and fortunes of this country around and the reason why he hasn't been able to achieve so under this administration is becos the vice president's position doesn't really allow you so much power and enablement to get things done without the president or his big cronies first accenting to it which has really dampened the potential of Osinbajo. But I just love the man although sometimes it gets difficult to do so becos of the shadow this administration has obviously cast on him..

you are right. Obi will still have to learn for some months before he can adapt to the system but Osinbajo has already known the system...

Now that there is speculation of Osinbajo coming back, lemme go and re-activate all my social media handles...

no space for Tinubu at Aso villa.

Osinbajo all the way...
Re: Osinbajo Under Pressure To Rejoin Presidential Race With Kwankwaso by garfield1: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
Backpedal:

I'm not so sure that Peter Obi will come first in the SE/SS though

This race is gonna be a keenly contested one

He will win se

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imam Who Saved Birom Christians In Plateau Fulani Killings (Photo) / Photos From The Bomb Blast In Kaduna / Yari Abubakar, Martins Elechi, Nigerias Youngest & Oldest Governors Respectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.