Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,517 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Stop Using Your Phone In Church! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Using Your Phone In Church! (103930 Views)

Usher Tried To Seize A Church Member’s Phone In Church (Video) / Reason You Should Not Charge Your Phone In Church / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by GoodIsGod: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which verse says it's wrong?
Are you asking this because the demon you worship sees bloodbath pleasing.
Causing havoc all over the world. Afghanistan, Iran, Somalia, Nigeria, Palestine etc.

You are as senseless as the blood thirsty person you serve for asking this question.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by adecz: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2022
Why were you peeping at what
she was doing❓

That is poke nosing at another person's
activities and from your post, you
kept watching here throughout the whole
service.

It's clear you are a gossip gossip person
wey no dey mind your business.❌❌❌

Better repent❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Candidlady: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2022
chatinent:

I read it.
But the thing is if I get tired of the prosperity, tithes, and offering talks in church, next is me and my phone googling how to leave the church without acting like I am leaving.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by gonkin(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2022
1. Its not your phone
2. Is operating her phone her business or yours
3. Did she disturb u, cuz u are the one disturbing her
4. What's wrong if she streams another church service?

You making me believe you're that type that gets pissed when your church member worships in another church

Mind your business
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Johel(m): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

At least show some respect for GOD.

I sat next to a lady that was visiting IG, reposting things on WhatsApp status and streaming another church's service in church.

My biggest grouse was that she did this throughout the 1hr 45 mins service.

When the sermon switched to why we're meant to correct people when we see them acting wrongly, I knew I had to do something.

So I tapped her and gave her the "why are you using your phone in church" look.

This lady responded so angrily it shocked me. Anyways, we were going to cause a scene so I let her alone.
At least I'd passed my message.

If you use your phone in church, please stop it. You end up distracting people around you plus it's disrespectful. Please stop it.

Learn to mind your business....let God be the judge,u were there to worship,not to put eyes inside another person matter.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by meobizy(f): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2022
Face ya business. This is why I don’t believe in going to congregations to worship. Do the thing at home and you’ll feel more accomplished than the Bible thumper who tries to cheat everyone off their finances. I don’t believe in any deity, but I would stay indoors and worship alone if I did.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by SocialJustice: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

I sat next to a lady that was visiting IG, reposting things on WhatsApp status and streaming another church's service in church.

When the sermon switched to why we're meant to correct people when we see them acting wrongly, I knew I had to do something.

This lady responded so angrily it shocked me. Anyways, we were going to cause a scene so I let her alone.

If you use your phone in church, please stop it. You end up distracting people around you plus it's disrespectful. Please stop it.
Aproko, she suppose slap you self make you learn how to mind your business.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by mymadam(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2022
Ancecoker:
grin

Me seff dey inside Nairaland like this inside church... Lol grin

Baaad guy... grin
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Will you press your phone if your local government chairman when he's addressing you? Make we no talk of governor seff.

Then na God presence you go take dey press phone ni.. warn urself o
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by kayperry: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2022
E no pass weytin ishilove fit do, from derailing threads to derailing ****** undecided undecided
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Angelfrost(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2022
9jaRealist:

Why not mind your own business, monitor?!
>

It's a church sir... It is not a social gathering, neither is it a recreational park.
Everything going on is the business of everyone.

Even in the Mosques, everyone is watched by everyone... Same with synagogues.

In any case, if the ushering unit had done their jobs properly, we won't be on this thread, and I won't have had to read your uneducated and dimwitted response above.

Have a good one!
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by DaddyNimo(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

So instead of focusing on what brought you to church, you're looking at another people....how hard is it to mind your business in this life....you're lucky if na me you tap give mumu look I for slap you back hand
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2022
Mayng01:
minding your business will save you a lot from negative lots

That's actually his business. To correct an erring person.

For she to have gone to church, it shows she acknowledges God as her father. He who tried to corrected her is also a son.

If you saw your bro or sis disrespecting your father, would you call them to order?

When the bible says "do not neglect the gathering of the saints" HEB 10:25
what do you think?

One of the benefits is checkmating and chastising one another to live uprightly

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by vickydevoka(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2022
Mayng01:
minding your business will save you a lot from negative lots
Exactly
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by olaniyi50(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2022
Neroiam:

Will you press your phone if your local government chairman when he's addressing you? Make we no talk of governor seff.

Then na God presence you go take dey press phone ni.. warn urself o

Wisdom no dey this talk. Why do you think people can't press phone when been addressed by a chairman or governor Get sense.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

Well done brother.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Toktee(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Matthew 6:24-34.
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, ...
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by SoapQueen(f): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

Mind your business. You're forgetting something, the 1hr 45 minutes you spent looking at her, was also a waste.

Salvation they say is personal.

Assistant Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2022
olaniyi50:

Wisdom no dey this talk. Why do you think people can't press phone when been addressed by a chairman or governor Get sense.

Na u need to get sense. There's a way that seems right to a man. The end is destruction
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Obascoetubi: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

HABAKUK 2 : 20
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by free2ryhme: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

From the timestamp of this post you also violated because from all indication you should be focused on service yet you are concerned about making a post for nairaland regarding the lady's attitude to church sevice
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by DeeOoyeins: 10:31am On Jun 26, 2022
[quote author=chatinent post=114166421]

I read it.
But the thing is if I get tired of the prosperity, tithes, and offering talks in church, next is me and my phone googling how to leave the church without acting like I am leaving.[/quote

This is the funniest thing I have heard, you know very well you will get tired of talks of " tithes, offerings and all". Why are you in there, some things people say are so blatantly stupid. Googling to Leave, just stand up and walk out and never attend such churches. Simple!!
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2022
SoapQueen:

Mind your business. You're forgetting something, the 1hr 45 minutes you spent looking at her, was also a waste.

Salvation they say is personal.

Assistant Jesus.

The post does not suggest he was focused on her the whole time. Reason am now.

Salvation is personal means you should let someone who's going astray continue in that path?

If she won't focus on why she came to church, which should be to worship, reverend and hear from God, make she dey her house.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by HeroicMeastro: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

So when you dance and expose your body in church, that isn't disrespect to God?
How about those that do comedy instead of preaching the gospel?
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by FamTomx2(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

E concern u??

May una dey learn how to mind una business kwanu.

Leave the intervening course for God.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by swissgoldenpro2: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2022
What you did is not bad, but that should have been the work of the Ushers
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Bamijoko1(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

It's a lie and doesn't seems to make sense . you are just trying to generate traffic
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by DevilSignature: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

she should have given you a thick slap on your first so that next time you mind your fuckiin business

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2022
free2ryhme:

From the timestamp of this post you also violated because from all indication you should be focused on service yet you are concerned about making a post for nairaland regarding the lady's attitude to church sevice

If it was an ant that was climbing up her dress and the brother noticed it and yanked it off, averting a possible dance even without music playing that would distract many and to her own expense, would you also say the brother Lost focus?

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by DeeOoyeins: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2022
john633:
Not her fault
Some pastors don't make sense

Then he/she should simply go home and freely "press their phone". I have being in situations where I have been invited to a church, if the teaching is not impacting me in any way or the service is too long without any reasonable activities I simply stand up and leave.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by enemachris(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

My biggest grouse was that she did

this throughout the 1hr 45 mins service. At least she went to church. What of some of us who have not been to church in ages? undecided.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by pfadom: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2022
You don't need any Bible reference to know any act of disrespect to God is bad and could only have come from the devil.

AntiChristian:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.