Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Stop Using Your Phone In Church! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Using Your Phone In Church! (103837 Views)

Usher Tried To Seize A Church Member’s Phone In Church (Video) / Reason You Should Not Charge Your Phone In Church / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Dtygz: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2022
Mayng01:
minding your business will save you a lot from negative lots

If Jesus minded his business, you won't be here spewing this rubbish.

Even Ushers go tap you when you are using your smartphone in church for something else

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2022
Galaxydon1:
Please mind your business, she may be holier than you.

Lies.
By thier fruit, we shall know them.

She fit dey front of her traditional ruler dey press phone? Make we no talk about governor seff
If she has a disciplinarian as a father, she no go appear before her father when he's talking and she'd be using her phone.
God Sha dey lenient with this generation.
If it were the days of old, fire fit just turn her to barbecue instanta grin grin

We thank God for Jesus
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by bigtt76(f): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Neroiam:

All of una dey here o. This sister wants to tempt a brother o.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Ternistacle(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2022
It's true sha.... I'm actually commenting to this post in church .... God forgive us
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by immortalmortal: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2022
cavreek:
When I see people do stuffs like this I simply interpret it as being disrespectful to the pastor and God
Thank God for some pastors sha, they will so codely embarrass u ehn

i press my fone in church to stay awake especially during sermon. Its better to press fone, stay awake and listen to the message, than to sleep and miss out on the message

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by abimic(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2022
well, most hide under the guise of reading their bible on phones, and then head elsewhere afterwards.

Before the advent nowadays bible reading on phone, are our elders not going church and reading bible, this Gen Z set would keep unveiling new things.

For me, i go with my bible to church plus a note, and do not touch my phones for anything.

I usually have loads of messages, i would not want to have any reason to be tempted to return any chat.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by olaniyi50(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2022
Neroiam:

Na u need to get sense. There's a way that seems right to a man. The end is destruction

Lolz.... sule

I'm replying to this message during service waiting for someone to come rubbberneck my phone... I go give am blow for head, e go shock am.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Chief4real: 11:55am On Jun 26, 2022
I'm telling you
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by chidifrank(m): 11:55am On Jun 26, 2022
wunmi590:

I don't do unnecessary fashion in church, once I'm leaving home to church, I off my phone or sometimes put it on air plane mode....

That's what we were brought up with, and I've also inculcated it in my own family too.....

I'm a catholic and once an alter server, so I get used to offing my phone before even stepping into the sacristy

I don't do big boy in the presence of God...
who told you that Catholic church is the presence of God�?
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by wunmi590(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

I might not be that humble or might be tho. But whenever I'm in the presence of God I try to pay rapt and full attention with humility in my heart because before no Man have I appeared but on to he who is God. The Monarch of the earth. He truly deserves my all.

Honestly, paying full attention in the presence of God is great, most especially if it's just 2-3hours you intend spending.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by chidifrank(m): 11:57am On Jun 26, 2022
Neroiam:

Lies.
By thier fruit, we shall know them.

She fit dey front of her traditional ruler dey press phone? Make we no talk about governor seff
If she has a disciplinarian as a father, she no go appear before her father when he's talking and she'd be using her phone.
God Sha dey lenient with this generation.
If it were the days of old, fire fit just turn her to barbecue instanta grin grin

We thank God for Jesus
who told you thats where God Almighty is�?
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by abeliver: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2022
show some respect to the sister pls...btw why u no focus on the message ur Papa was preaching?
na another person life dey bother you...
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Nocommonsense: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
chatinent:

I read it.
But the thing is if I get tired of the prosperity, tithes, and offering talks in church, next is me and my phone googling how to leave the church without acting like I am leaving.
were you forced to go to church or you are only deceiving yourself like me i don’t go to church because I don’t want to deceive myself
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by FaithBrain1994(m): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
I seldom go to church with phone. It's my device so i can use it all i can after service..

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Alexiiydon: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
You go church go pray satan come catch you and you Dey poke nose for watin no concern you like say the person never contribute offering money
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by brumeikperikpe: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
It should not be a blanket advice. Only to those who use it for other purposes in church. Otherwise, many people have the Holy Bible installed in their phones & they use it for that purpose in church.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by macrodata(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
Say you didn't get home training without saying you didn't gey home training.
AntiChristian:

Which verse says it's wrong?
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by mmsen: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
You church people are forever annoyed by the most petty of things.

But not by the larger offences, such as disturbing the neighbors with your noise several times a weak, or foolish church members who park foolishly in front of people's gates.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
chatinent:
Even to read my digital bible?

Good character is not for Sunday morning alone. No bi only inside church everybody go dey do like fowl wey rain beat, you love your neighbor as yourself?

Una wahala to much grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

This mumu man won't operate a phone while praying.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by excesslove90(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Ancecoker:
grin
Me seff dey inside Nairaland like this inside church... Lol grin
Comrade you no do well... Lol#
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Lightorder: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

At least show some respect for GOD.

I sat next to a lady that was visiting IG, reposting things on WhatsApp status and streaming another church's service in church.

My biggest grouse was that she did this throughout the 1hr 45 mins service.

When the sermon switched to why we're meant to correct people when we see them acting wrongly, I knew I had to do something.

So I tapped her and gave her the "why are you using your phone in church" look.

This lady responded so angrily it shocked me. Anyways, we were going to cause a scene so I let her alone.
At least I'd passed my message.

If you use your phone in church, please stop it. You end up distracting people around you plus it's disrespectful. Please stop it.
as if someone forced her or held her at gun point seated there
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by boxypane(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:

I'm sure you didn't read the post.
I'm sure he didn't. E dey jump like monkey into conclusion.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by boxypane(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2022
Alexiiydon:
You go church go pray satan come catch you and you Dey poke nose for watin no concern you like say the person never contribute offering money
If dey insult your Muslim faith now, u go wan kill yourself.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by boxypane(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
chidifrank:

who told you thats where God Almighty is�?
U go school at all? Where was d part that she was distracting others? Disjointed youths.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by FORWARDEVERLY: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mind you business ..
What others do in church shouldn't be your concern..
If na Me.. I go give you flying nodding for not minding your business..
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by TheOmoney(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
You're distracted because u're poking Ur nose into someone's phone instead of listening to the message...pls leave people matter for God...u nor be deputy jesus
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by ponishah: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
chatinent:
Even to read my digital bible?

Good character is not for Sunday morning alone. No bi only inside church everybody go dey do like fowl wey rain beat, you love your neighbor as yourself?
This type of reply is the reason LGTBQ grew to this extent.
You just derailed like a kid, and grossly off point.
So if you have a child and you see him chatting and surfing on phone in a classroom while a teacher is teaching, will you encourage him to continue like that?
Sometimes una go just wan talk
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by walcolm(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

At least show some respect for GOD.

I sat next to a lady that was visiting IG, reposting things on WhatsApp status and streaming another church's service in church.

My biggest grouse was that she did this throughout the 1hr 45 mins service.

When the sermon switched to why we're meant to correct people when we see them acting wrongly, I knew I had to do something.

So I tapped her and gave her the "why are you using your phone in church" look.

This lady responded so angrily it shocked me. Anyways, we were going to cause a scene so I let her alone.
At least I'd passed my message.

If you use your phone in church, please stop it. You end up distracting people around you plus it's disrespectful. Please stop it.

this is really a most unintelligent post..if you were in church to listen to the sermon, you would not have had time to notice what another person was doing on their phone

or was her phone on speaker and preventing you from hearing the sermon?
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by ponishah: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

How does it concern you?
Mind your satanic business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? / Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.