Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Stop Using Your Phone In Church! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Using Your Phone In Church! (103831 Views)

Usher Tried To Seize A Church Member’s Phone In Church (Video) / Reason You Should Not Charge Your Phone In Church / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Ipp1: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by wunmi590(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

These particular one will always apologize for ending sermon late, next time he will do it again and apologize.

I'm not trying to demean him but mehn! It's tiring to listen to.

Lol, and when it begin to happen every sunday, the church begins to lose congregation...

God will help us

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by domainarctic(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

At least show some respect for GOD.

I sat next to a lady that was visiting IG, reposting things on WhatsApp status and streaming another church's service in church.

My biggest grouse was that she did this throughout the 1hr 45 mins service.

When the sermon switched to why we're meant to correct people when we see them acting wrongly, I knew I had to do something.

So I tapped her and gave her the "why are you using your phone in church" look.

This lady responded so angrily it shocked me. Anyways, we were going to cause a scene so I let her alone.
At least I'd passed my message.

If you use your phone in church, please stop it. You end up distracting people around you plus it's disrespectful. Please stop it.
Maybe you should mind your business in the church instead of looking for who to correct and reprimand. Who made you judge over others?
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by DonroxyII: 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
PrincessofDSS:
Lol

My dear Brother, I will advise you mind your business anytime you’re in church

Everyone has his or her purpose of coming to church and yours might be entirely different from hers

A word is enough for the wise

Not Just Church:
I realized Our Purposes on this Earth Might be Different so No need to Caution anybody who doesn't ask for it:

Just dey your dey:
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by compton11(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
Ojuntana:

Abi. If it's some people, they will stone her to death, burn her body, then start looking for the Bible to support their murderous acts.
just like how they burnt William tynsdale because he interpreted the Bible grin grin
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Favmil101(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
chatinent:

I read it.
But the thing is if I get tired of the prosperity, tithes, miracle and offering recycling of talks in the church, next is me and my phone googling how to leave the church without acting like I am leaving.

Sorry, I am not among those who respect their pastors more than God. To me, you are a common mere man too. And like the people of Thessalonica, I don't just accept whatever any man preaches, I verify.

Have a nice century.
No body forces you to give offering or pay tithe or even go to church so when you do try and keep the rules in the church.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by TheGift: 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
What really is your problem?

That She is sharing messages from another church on Her phone?

Or that She is sharing any church message at all?

You left the message that was being preached in church and busy bodied into someone’s privacy so much that you could see exactly what she was doing on Her private phone.

You are so self righteous that the only part that moved you about the sermon was when it came to correcting someone.

And you did such a poor job of it that your act , rather than reconcile Her to truth stirred up anger.

Yet you can’t see that it is your distracted, unfocused , busy bodying, judge mental and provocative self that has the real problem.

Remember: first remove the log from your eyes before attempting to remove a spec from another. From Gods perspective our problems should always be bigger in our eyes than that of another.

And that is how you learn to love, which is the beginning and end of the Law. Learn how to love. Start by loving yourself. So that you stop allowing other people’s lives affect you so negatively

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by SpiritedCheer(f): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mind your business!!

You are one of those fools who think you know what god wants. If god doesn't like anything, he or she can strike the person down with lightening or thunder or heart attack.

Tell your Pastor to tell everyone to mind their business

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by LordReed(m): 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

I sat next to a lady that was visiting IG, reposting things on WhatsApp status and streaming another church's service in church.

When the sermon switched to why we're meant to correct people when we see them acting wrongly, I knew I had to do something.

This lady responded so angrily it shocked me. Anyways, we were going to cause a scene so I let her alone.

If you use your phone in church, please stop it. You end up distracting people around you plus it's disrespectful. Please stop it.

If someone said this to me I would tell them to mind their business.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by vanderwal1(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
I'm sure you didn't read the post.

I swr
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by pasuma(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2022
If your mind is so fixated on your business in church you won't notice she's visiting WhatsApp and IG, you're obviously a busybody too... Remove the log in your eyes before helping with the small specs in that sister...

Stay blessed grin

pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
wunmi590:

Lol, and when it begin to happen every sunday, the church begins to lose congregation...

God will help us

Lol, you know.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by paix(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
[/color]
pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

You did well, but it's the USHERS' responsibility to caution such people.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Ojuntana: 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
compton11:
just like how they burnt William tynsdale because he interpreted the Bible grin grin
At least those who burnt Tyndale did not say Muhammad is God's messenger then turn around to quote the Bible.
It is a sign of self-deceit and disorientation to say Quran is the holy book given by God and then turn round to quote the Bible to defend your wicked deeds.
Those are the very definitions of brainwashed people
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by ukaface(f): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2022
wunmi590:

I don't do unnecessary fashion in church, once I'm leaving home to church, I off my phone or sometimes put it on air plane mode....

That's what we were brought up with, and I've also inculcated it in my own family too.....

I'm a catholic and once an alter server, so I get used to offing my phone before even stepping into the sacristy

I don't do big boy in the presence of God...
but do you know everyday, e'rytime and everymoment you're in the presence of God? Why should the church hour be the only time you are bin his presence?

Therefore, you for Kuku no use phone atall.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by compton11(m): 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
Ojuntana:

At least those who burnt Tyndale did not say Muhammad is God's messenger then turn around to quote the Bible.
It is a sign of self-deceit and disorientation to say Quran is the holy book given by God and then turn round to quote the Bible to defend your wicked deeds.
Those are the very definitions of brainwashed people
nigga grin grin

Tynsdale was burnt because of Jesus,he was seen as heresy.

But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence

Luke 19:27

grin grin grin
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Nealson(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
Truefaith:
Using the phone inappropriately in the church may well be bad, using the pulpit to
teach what the Bible calls doctrines of demons is far worse.

Sadly that is what most pastors in Nigeria teach as Christianity.

They are either issuing decrees to God or commanding the Devil to bring prosperity to them!

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Bro, try to read Roman 1 vs 28
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by delkuf(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mayng01:
minding your business will save you a lot from negative lots
being your brother keeper will help one ignorant go to hell
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by litaninja(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
Honestly, she suppose slap you so that next time you go face your front.

pstJey:
Stop it, it's wrong.

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Ojuntana: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
compton11:
nigga grin grin

Tynsdale was burnt because of Jesus,he was seen as heresy.

But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence

grin grin grin
Tyndale was burnt because if politics not Jesus. Jesus never ordered anyone to be killed on his behalf
Who was Deborah burnt for
We all know the terrorist who smite necks and limbs
He even got poisoned by a woman grin grin
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by doublecross(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Angelfrost:

When you have something sensible or meaningful to respond, let me know... Thank you.
religious bigot
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:46am On Jun 27, 2022
You should have changed your seat and enjoyed the service.

You also could have minded your business or corrected her with love and tact.

Giving her the look was beyond wrong.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by compton11(m): 8:02am On Jun 27, 2022
Ojuntana:

Tyndale was burnt because if politics not Jesus.
nah nigga he wasn't?

He was killed because of Jesus!

He translated the Bible and they accused him of heresy not politics as u claimed grin grin

Ojuntana:

Jesus never ordered anyone to be killed on his behalf
seems u didn't read this I posted below?

Ojuntana:

Who was Deborah burnt for
those bastard used Bible to do the shi.t.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Leviticus 24:16

Ojuntana:

We all know the terrorist who smite necks and limbs
yeah he even showed his true colors.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:34

Ojuntana:

He even got poisoned by a woman grin grin
and he survived it while Jesus drank sour wine and died on tree.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by MNDY(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2022
PrincessofDSS:

If you are a better Christian you would’ve took it upon yourself to declare a 7 days praying and fasting to pray her out of that habit

Doesn’t it occur to you that she might be possessed.

Imagine that you are battle ready waiting to insult and criticize instead of praying

Forget all that possessed talk. This one is just senseless.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by AntiChristian: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2022
[quote author=PeterObi4LP post=114173176][/quote]

nA SO UNA GO DO pETERU OBIANGELI nO GO ENTER AS PRESIDENT EXCEPT AS MINISTER.
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Joelobioha(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2022
chatinent:
Even to read my digital bible?

You mah wey leave wetin dem dey preach dey read my messages, onyeoma CY, can you religiously mind your business?!

Good character is not for Sunday morning alone. No bi only inside church everybody go dey do like fowl wey rain beat, you love your neighbor as yourself?

Tah!

I am not a hypocrite!

You wear long skirt enter church come out enter house, wear intestine enter club. That one no dey immoral for your eyes. Some others own wey put face like calf dem feed hot akamu go still dey reply their clients inside church. What about pastor wey dey use magic do miracle wey dey frame testimony but still dey tanda our girls but only make I reply person to call me later I dey church na me una wan use preach courtesy for church. I go deck you.
which one be intestine again
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Ojuntana: 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
compton11:
nah nigga he wasn't?

He was killed because of Jesus!

He translated the Bible and they accused him of heresy not politics as u claimed grin grin

seems u didn't read this I posted below?

those bastard used Bible to do the shi.t.

Leviticus 24:16

yeah he even showed his true colors.

Matthew 10:34

and he survived it while Jesus drank sour wine and died on tree.

You're a dumb ignoramus. Was he the first to translate the Bible? Martin Luther did too. The fact is he believed the King should head the church and not Bishops which favoured the Anglicans. Why am I even educating a terrorist?

That Bible passage was a parable. A story that is not true but is used to send a message. It is called Aroba in Yoruba. Again your dumbness is obvious.

Those bastards were shouting "Allahu Akbar" in the video after killing her. That's same chant Al-Qaeda and Boko haram usually shouts before killing people. I wonder what it means and which religions uses it.

Yet it is Muhammad that went about smiting heads and limbs.

Sour wine is not poison. Sour wine is just like drinking Schweppes or krest. It cannot kill

But you see that slow poison that Jewish woman gave Muhammad, it kill am oo. He suffered pain for three years till he died. And when he was dying, he was still tasting the poison in his mouth. Chai!!
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by compton11(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ojuntana:

You're a dumb ignoramus. Was he the first to translate the Bible? Martin Luther did too. The fact is he believed the King should head the church and not Bishops which favoured the Anglicans. Why am I even educating a terrorist?
so that was why terrorists like u burnt him? cheesy grin

Ojuntana:

That Bible passage was a parable. A story that is not true but is used to send a message. It is called Aroba in Yoruba. Again your dumbness is obvious.
a tun de with this parable bullsh.t grin grin when it doesn't suit yall niggas.

Ojuntana:

Those bastards were shouting "Allahu Akbar" in the video after killing her. That's same chant Al-Qaeda and Boko haram usually shouts before killing people. I wonder what it means and which religions uses it.
and? grin

Even it is a word ESN/IPOB can use for propaganda.

Ojuntana:

Yet it is Muhammad that went about smiting heads and limbs.
and Jesus ordered his enemies to be killed In his presence

Ojuntana:

Sour wine is not poison. Sour wine is just like drinking Schweppes or krest. It cannot kill
then how come Jesus kicked bucket after he drank it?

Ojuntana:

But you see that slow poison that Jewish woman gave Muhammad, it kill am oo. He suffered pain for three years till he died. And when he was dying, he was still tasting the poison in his mouth. Chai!!
hehehehehe u mean he was on the bed suffering for the poison?

Evidence of that grin grin
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by olaniyi50(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
Neroiam:

D luck wey u go get be say, no be me.. or 2 secs, I go comot ya teeth grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Neroiam(m): 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
chidifrank:

who told you thats where God Almighty is�?

This one seff na suegbe

Have you not read?

God said;
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matt. 18: 19-20
Re: Stop Using Your Phone In Church! by Ojuntana: 7:15am On Jun 28, 2022
compton11:
so that was why terrorists like u burnt him? cheesy grin
Terrorist, I'm not a headslanmer. Only headslanmers are terrorists. Ask FBI

a tun de with this parable bullsh.t grin grin when it doesn't suit yall niggas.
Well, you can mention the names of the people killed then since you know them. At least we know the name of the person Muhammad ordered killed for insulting him. Kab bin Ashraf. There are numerous others in the Hadith.

and? grin

Even it is a word ESN/IPOB can use for propaganda
Show a video of ESN/ipob using that murderous chant

and Jesus ordered his enemies to be killed In his presence
It's a parable. If you believe it's not, bring forward evidence

.then how come Jesus kicked bucket after he drank it?
Because he was already nailed to the cross dummy. Unlike your Muhammad that just finished killing people before eating the poison that later killed him grin

hehehehehe u mean he was on the bed suffering for the poison
Before nko? He kept getting sick and feeling the effect of the poison till he died. The poison suffered him gaan. If he comes to this world again, he'll not dare to go near another man's wife. The woman taught him a lesson he'll never forget. The lesson cost Muhammad his terrorist life.

Evidence of that grin grin
You're asking for evidence now. Have you showed any evidence Jesus slaughtered anybody? grin
Look at this terrorist cheesy Go and read your hadith

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? / Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.