Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

How God Saved Me From Untimely Death - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved Me From Untimely Death (63124 Views)

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / God Saved Me From A Ghastly Motor Accident On The 4th Of March 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by harmony75: 12:29am On Jun 28, 2022
God's alive see wreckage... Congratulations!
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Ruby458(f): 12:47am On Jun 28, 2022
Thank God for your life. Thank God for saving you, he is faithful and kind.

Hope you have learned from this experience?
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Cokahot: 12:56am On Jun 28, 2022
Corolla 09 model.. trash paper car
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Achily(f): 12:56am On Jun 28, 2022
[qTuote author=PALAPALA02 post=114213636]Good day all.

I want to share with you all what the Lord did for me yesterday o.

While at PHC on a business trip from calabar.
I arrived phc on sunday and decided to sit out with friends on Wednesday night. After dropping my friends at their house and heading to my hotel room with the aid of the google map, a truck was parked on the speedlane at attilary road at phc at about 2am without having backlights or even putting c-caution.

While trying to look at my phone to check where i was heading to and moving at about 100km/hr, as soon as i lifted my head up, a truck was parked at the speedlane with NO backlights and caution sign placed on the road.

And that was how i rammed into the truck. But to the glory of God, i came out unscathed. No injury sustained at all.

The police said i was wrong to have rammed into the truck from behind regardless of where it was parked or even if it was stationary. They said i ought to have been more careful.
Buh i thank God, i am alive, my car got destroyed, but I sustained no injury which is most important.[Thank God for your life]
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by EmmyDJourno: 1:01am On Jun 28, 2022
Mehhnn, the impact of accident is something else, how did you feel when it happened, must’ve been an out of body experience cheesy
But bros looking at your phone at a 100, no do am again abeg
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 28, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Brother if you want to live long, don't just thank God.

Thoroughly review why this happened and make sure never to make the same mistake in future.

If you don't have clear road ahead of you there is not point throttling the car forward.

The only way to determine if you have clear road ahead of you is with your eyes.

Taking your eyes of the road was wrong!

You can only take your eyes off the road if you have first ascertained that there is no object that can stop you in front of you.

Even then you need to keep glancing back at the road because conditions can change.

Better still you could have set your phone and turned on its turn-by-turn directions ahead of time.

Anyone can depress the accelerator of the car, but he who can drive well is he who knows when to stop depressing the accelerator and when to instead depress the brake and how much to depress the brakes to stop the car or combine breaking and steering and acceleration to avoid obstacles.

He who can successfully stop the car is the good driver, not he who can speed up the car (as in your case, you drove or sped the car into an obstacle).

Agreed the truck was wrongly parked. But it was your duty to spot the truck and stop before you hit the truck. You failed in that duty.

Giving this incident too much publicity might not really be in your interest, if the increased publicity results in your being found guilty of traffic violations which you have already admitted above.

Go see a doctor, you might have internal injuries, so until that is ruled out don't be too happy.

All the same, I thank God for your survival.

This your name shagrin
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by juman(m): 1:06am On Jun 28, 2022
Happy for you.
You are lucky.
Many died in similar circumstances.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Nchenches: 1:11am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:

Thank u very much.

I admit i have my own faults o

Buh the truck driver nko.

Even when he tried running away and was caught by vigilante, the caution sign he produced couldn’t even reflect from 1 meter sef

But friend, how come you were throttling with 100km/hr on a Nigerian road; worse, where you know that too many drivers don't know road use regulations and can park a vehicle on any lane of the highway without reflective Caution signals or hazard lights on?
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:16am On Jun 28, 2022
nicho450:
Praise God
Halleujah!!!! Praise God Almighty!!!

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Thryphosa(m): 1:17am On Jun 28, 2022
To God be the glory for sparing your life. I think this is similar to the accident that claimed Dagrin's life that year.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Juliearth(f): 1:23am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

I arrived phc on sunday and decided to sit out with friends on Wednesday night. After dropping my friends at their house and heading to my hotel room with the aid of the google map, a truck was parked on the speedlane at attilary road at phc at about 2am without having backlights or even putting c-caution.

While trying to look at my phone to check where i was heading to and moving at about 100km/hr, as soon as i lifted my head up, a truck was parked at the speedlane with NO backlights and caution sign placed on the road.

And that was how i rammed into the truck. But to the glory of God, i came out unscathed. No injury sustained at all.

The police said i was wrong to have rammed into the truck from behind regardless of where it was parked or even if it was stationary. They said i ought to have been more careful.
Buh i thank God, i am alive, my car got destroyed, but I sustained no injury which is most important.

Thank God you came out unhurt, but take the lesson in this situation. First of all, do not hangout late in cities you are not familiar with. Instead, have your friends take you out and drop you off at your hotel or take an Uber.

Secondly, if there is the need to use google map, have someone read it to you while you drive or set your phone at an angle where you won't have to bend or take your eyes totally away from the road before reading your location.

That speed was unnecessary. I know saw the need to rev up that speed because it was 2A.M and the road was probably empty, but I guess you forgot that your village people dey hold meeting by that time (sarcastic laugh). If you are using google maps, it is better to operate on a moderate speed, especially at that point where you would need to multitask....

Lastly, a wise man once said the trick behind avoiding being in accidents is assuming that all drivers are mad and you are the sane one. That analogy is true. Don't always assume that cars that are broken down would be properly documented on the road. That assumption can only work in organized countries and you and I know we are getting there, but not yet there.

Thank God for your life!!!

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by VEHINTOLAR: 1:33am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

Buh i thank God, i am alive, my car got destroyed, but I sustained no injury which is most important.

You were hitting 100 km/h in an unfamiliar environment and checking google map at the same time ! That's a recipe for disaster bro ! The Police were right, you wouldn't have rammed into that stationary vehicle if you weren't distracted and at such a top speed !

Sorry for your loss.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Poanan: 1:47am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

Please dont drive at night in an area you are not conversant with. Thank God. But please go to the hospital to erase any doubt of internal bleeding.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by virginchaser(m): 2:32am On Jun 28, 2022
Whatever i would have written have been well analyzed here. Therefore no comment. Thanks.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by SensualMan: 2:39am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:

Thanks a million for the advise and words of encouragement.
Thank God for ur life first.

Secondly u now need to understand NL is not all that faceless. Couple of weeks back u were wishing someone evil down to his generation on politics section, how swiftly it backfired on you is something to ponder on.

Watch your caustic mouth. No be everything wey dey fly be bird.

Before u choose to attack me or anyone else regardless, remember u r living a second chance which is rare.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Error401: 3:08am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

normally, anyone who see this damage would think that the driver died. USE YOUR SEAT BELTS, IT SAVES. Thank God for saving ups life. You need to do charity, alot who have died in accidents I with lesser impact

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Error401: 3:08am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

normally, anyone who see this damage would think that the driver died. USE YOUR SEAT BELTS, IT SAVES. Thank God for saving ups life. You need to do charity, alot have died in accidents with lesser impact

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by jimb(m): 4:04am On Jun 28, 2022
You went to drop your playmate. Homo
if it were a girl ,she wouldn't allow you go back am sure.. but see where homo has landed you
God saved you no be small..
2am
infact am not grateful to God again for your life.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by zedegit: 4:33am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

All these new generation cars that lack second hand value. Would Volvo, Peugeot and Mercedes have had this damage?

But op why travel at night when you don't know the way? Using google map at night while speeding is irresponsible whether you were drunk or not.

So people still keep late nights despite security challenges?

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by zedegit: 4:40am On Jun 28, 2022
aieromon:

Everybody on the Nigerian road is mad except you - Defensive driving 101

Please visit a health facility to ascertain that your organs did not suffer any injury from the impact.

Defensive driving will not save you from accident although it can minimize it.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by fmonigent(m): 4:59am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:

I understand i have my own faults. I got distracted by the google map on my phone.

But was the truck meant to park on the speedlane. And even if it developed a fault, he ought to have used his caution sign and double pointer, atleast that could have alerted me earlier to what was infront of me.

Modified
I’m not downplaying the fact that i was wrong in certain aspect, but i feel more of the blame should have been on the driver for being careless by not taking the appropriate steps to prevent an accident.

A car / truck or whatever can breakdown at anytime, so that’s where the safety kits of the vehicle comes into use. And the driver used none. If he had placed the caution sign atleast 150m from the truck, probably if i had hit that first, that would have prompted me quicker to raise my face and possibly avert the collision. That was my argument with the police. But they kept saying i was wrong to have hit a vehicle from behind. That it shows I wasn’t focused on my driving and completely neglecting the careless driver.

I just carried my cross and left. Atleast I’m not at the hospital treating a fractured bone or internal bleeding or anything at all.

Well in all, i just thank God for giving me a 2nd shot at life

All in all na person wen dey alive dem go blame.
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by haffaze777(m): 5:06am On Jun 28, 2022
Thank God for your life
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Emmaxmusic(m): 5:19am On Jun 28, 2022
Congrats but roads you are not familiar with you dont speed like that also road you are not too familiar with you keep the middle lane especially at night and you get your eyes fixed on the road.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Judolisco(m): 5:25am On Jun 28, 2022
Praise God....go for check up sorry about your car....speed kills ..why u dey run when nothing dey pursue you? Also slow down while using Ur phone
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Epicji: 5:26am On Jun 28, 2022
A town u don't know very well.still outside around 2am doing what? Aswear u no try at all.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 28, 2022
Thank God for saving your life, you for go be that. Ave seen this happen in Atilary many times and it’s always due to driving drunk and speeding.

You said you don’t drink but you are still very wrong for doing 100 in an unfamiliar road while using a map Oga! When you are driving in a road you don’t know slow the hell down even if the road is as free as air especially at night! Besides google map uses voice to navigate, there is absolutely no reason why you need to look at your phone while using it.
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Subonbon(m): 5:41am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Lalasticlala abeg help move to front page o. Let people follow me and rejoice o.
Not a single scratch.
I have just been going through NL, and even seeing news of other accidents where the impact wasn’t as much as mine and the occupants didn’t survive, yet i survived without a single scratch.

Even I can’t explain it.
God is great!!

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by MartinsD12(m): 5:43am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

Remember to go for Thanksgiving in church and visit motherless babies center to appreciate God , it pays to do Good.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Ofiadiegwu: 5:44am On Jun 28, 2022
God be praised for your safety.
Be careful the more next time.

Safe!
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by holysaint1(m): 5:48am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:

I understand i have my own faults. I got distracted by the google map on my phone.

But was the truck meant to park on the speedlane. And even if it developed a fault, he ought to have used his caution sign and double pointer, atleast that could have alerted me earlier to what was infront of me.

Modified
I’m not downplaying the fact that i was wrong in certain aspect, but i feel more of the blame should have been on the driver for being careless by not taking the appropriate steps to prevent an accident.

A car / truck or whatever can breakdown at anytime, so that’s where the safety kits of the vehicle comes into use. And the driver used none. If he had placed the caution sign atleast 150m from the truck, probably if i had hit that first, that would have prompted me quicker to raise my face and possibly avert the collision. That was my argument with the police. But they kept saying i was wrong to have hit a vehicle from behind. That it shows I wasn’t focused on my driving and completely neglecting the careless driver.

I just carried my cross and left. Atleast I’m not at the hospital treating a fractured bone or internal bleeding or anything at all.

Well in all, i just thank God for giving me a 2nd shot at life

But bro.... Even if the C caution sign was there, with you being busy with your phone, you would still go through both the C caution sign and the truck too.

Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Offpoint1: 5:54am On Jun 28, 2022
PALAPALA02:
More pictures

Modified
To those saying i was probably drunk.

I don’t take alcohol or do drugs.
I only smoke cigarettes. Not even weed or stuffs like dat. Just cigarettes alone.
Ordinary 1 bottle of star will spin me 360degrees.
So i wasn’t drunk o
I no dey take alchol o

Phc is dangerous at night, so me tryna speed up back to my hotel room wasn’t expecting a truck to be parked on the speedlane of a highway (4lane road).
Major highway at 2am.

But honestly still can’t explain how i came out unscathed.
And i came out almost immediately after the impact. No blackouts whatsoever.
Though i had my seatbelt on.

You were on 100 at late night and still have to guts to stare at your phone...

Most dead on the road are avoidable ones.

There's a reason Google map has a voice guide and there's a reason you are told to do away with your phone when on wheel.

Thank your star, not many were lucky to share their stories.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) / See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.