Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Is It Fun To Cheat? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Fun To Cheat? (2027 Views)

Loosing Your Virginity: Was It FUN, BAD, SWEET? / I'm Sex Starve,but I Don't Want To Cheat On Him. / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Adeniki(f): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^stop trying to fool people into believing that sleeping with another women was wrong in the bible. MANY people in biblical times had concubines and mistresses (some like King David had 100s) and it was ALL OK IN THE EYES OF GOD, so long as these women were not MARRIED!!!!

get your facts right!

I disagree. It is clear all the way through the Bible that God's ideal is a monogamous marriage. When people like King David, King Solomon, Jacob father of Joseph, or Elkanah father of Samuel, had numerous wives, it always lead to trouble and family discord. God forgives, but not everything that everyone did that has been recorded in the Bible is to show that God's okay with it, some of it's there as a warning against bad behaviour (I mean no-one very few would advocate fratricide, but Cain killing Abel is in there).

A digression from the main topic undecided
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^the question has never been if it was IDEAL or not BUT IS IT A SIN OR NOT?!
let each and everyone decide what is ideal for them.

as for my claim, i repeat:"many in biblical times had multiple mistresses and GOD never looked down on them or call them sinners" so if its ok for them then it sure is ok for US ALL!
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Adeniki(f): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

as for my claim, i repeat:"many in biblical times had multiple mistresses and GOD never looked down on them or call them sinners" so if its ok for them then it sure is ok for US ALL!

Reference please? Or you claim to know the mind of God? Any path that is not God's will is a sin
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^are you claiming that they were sinners BUT YET God forgot to punish them (or there was no need for repent)?! the only reason why one was punished is because he slept with a MARRIED woman.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Adeniki(f): 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2011
It's between them and God, who knows the details of their spiritual walk? But they had many problems when several partners involved, not prosperity, and often problems between them and God. Would also refer you to Deut 17:17.

Waiting on your reference smiley Open minded to changing my views should the Bible support it
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
cheating is not fun.
cheating and sleeping around is a cry for help.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by scantee(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2011
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by livedit(f): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2011
Sure to some people cheating maybe is fun, exciting, even exhilarating etc. But the repercussions are way too great of it. It's sad as mentioned before in an earlier by another poster, that some people cheat just because they can. Because they know whomever they are with will continue to take them back so why stop?

There's NEVER and I repeat NEVER an excuse to cheat on your partner when in a committed relationship. If your "bored" or "unhappy" then you have YOUR own free will to either try to work it out or leave. It's so much more at stake than some people fail to realize. Whatever you do in your body, you will have to answer for. Don't matter what the "other" person did or said. You are given choices in life and cheating IS a choice. It has nothing to do with the other person, it's you.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2011
Adeniki:

It's between them and God, who knows the details of their spiritual walk? But they had many problems when several partners involved, not prosperity, and often problems between them and God. Would also refer you to Deut 17:17.

Waiting on your reference smiley Open minded to changing my views should the Bible support it

if "it is between them and God" is your answer then let it be between us all and God rather than trying to bring a lie into the matter.

my references are simple: MEN IN BIBLICAL TIMES WHO HAD MULTIPLE MISTRESSES WERE NOT VIEWED BY GOD AS SINNERS, OR PUNISHED FOR THEIR ACT. SO UNLESS I AM MISTAKING; IT ISNT A SIN TO HAVE A MISTRESS.

as for Deut 17:17, (which has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand) why dont you check Exodus 21:10 or Deut 21:15. lol
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by rabzy: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^the question has never been if it was IDEAL or not BUT IS IT A SIN OR NOT?!
let each and everyone decide what is ideal for them.

Among the Hebrews a concubine occupied a position in the nature of a secondary wife and was sometimes spoken of as a wife. It appears that concubines were slave girls, one of three kinds: (1) a Hebrew girl sold by her father (Ex 21:7-9), (2) a foreign slave girl purchased, or (3) a foreign girl captured in warfare (De 21:10-14). Some were the slave girls or handmaids of the free wife, as in the cases of Sarah, Leah, and Rachel.—Ge 16:3, 4; 30:3-13; Jg 8:31; 9:18.
Concubinage was in existence before the Law covenant and was recognized and regulated by the Law, which protected the rights of both wives and concubines. (Ex 21:7-11; De 21:14-17) Concubines did not have all the rights in the household that the regular wife had, and a man might have a plurality of wives along with concubines. (1Ki 11:3; 2Ch 11:21) In cases where the wife was barren, she sometimes gave her handmaid to the husband as a concubine, and the child born of the concubine would then be considered as the child of the free wife, her mistress. (Ge 16:2; 30:3) Sons of concubines were legitimate and could inherit.—Ge 49:16-21

So concubines were not just girls they see and just have sex, they were more or less wives with a secondary status, there must be a sort of handover or something to show that you have the legal right to have her.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by rabzy: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
There were some things that were permitted by God, not because he wants it that way, but he simply allowed it for some time, but when Jesus came he made it cleared that was not the way it was meant to be and so it is vey wrong for christians, all those David, Solomon examples don't appy.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
rabzy:

Among the Hebrews a concubine occupied a position in the nature of a secondary wife and was sometimes spoken of as a wife. It appears that concubines were slave girls, one of three kinds: (1) a Hebrew girl sold by her father (Ex 21:7-9), (2) a foreign slave girl purchased, or (3) a foreign girl captured in warfare (De 21:10-14). Some were the slave girls or handmaids of the free wife, as in the cases of Sarah, Leah, and Rachel.—Ge 16:3, 4; 30:3-13; Jg 8:31; 9:18.
Concubinage was in existence before the Law covenant and was recognized and regulated by the Law, which protected the rights of both wives and concubines. (Ex 21:7-11; De 21:14-17) Concubines did not have all the rights in the household that the regular wife had, and a man might have a plurality of wives along with concubines. (1Ki 11:3; 2Ch 11:21) In cases where the wife was barren, she sometimes gave her handmaid to the husband as a concubine, and the child born of the concubine would then be considered as the child of the free wife, her mistress. (Ge 16:2; 30:3) Sons of concubines were legitimate and could inherit.—Ge 49:16-21

So concubines were not just girls they see and just Be Intimate, they were more or less wives with a secondary status, there must be a sort of handover or something to show that you have the legal right to have her.

so what you are actually saying is that concubines and mistresses were allowed BUT that they didnt have the same rights as wives?!
yes, having ONE wife only was the "norm" but there was surely nothing wrong with a worthy man of having either multiple wives or mistresses.

rabzy:

There were some things that were permitted by God, not because he wants it that way, but he simply allowed it for some time, but when Jesus came he made it cleared that was not the way it was meant to be and so it is vey wrong for christians, all those David, Solomon examples don't appy.

here is something for you to consider from the mouth of Jesus himself:
Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (aka the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (aka the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished."

from this 2 verses we can clearly understand that what YOU are claiming is a product of your imagination!
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2011
HELL YEAH! Cheating is soooooo FUN! It only has one Rule,. . . . . . DONT GET CAUGHT! But then, why risk a troubled conscience and BAD reputation for mere mundane pleasures? Beats Me!
While cheating may be fun, it sure aint RIGHT!!!
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
romsky:

Rokiatu durlyn kiss kiss kiss
Romade, I am just seeing this. Sorry for the late reply. How you doing dear? Its been like donkey's years. smiley
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
@sexkillz
it definitely aint worth it. if a person wants to go and sha.g someone else they should simply tell their partner so that THEY too can have a fighting chance to make it right.

"listen babe, i have been asking you to lose some of that weight but you aint trying to understand my plight so i am going to seek for the kind of woman that i desire, cause it sure aint you and i am not going to se.xually kill myself because you decided you wanted to be ugly!"
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by policeMEN: 2:17am On Jul 29, 2011
Hello MRBrown Jay

That's the reason why i HATE CHEATERS!! To add it up it's no just hurting people but ruining a family and life.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by rabzy: 10:37am On Aug 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

so what you are actually saying is that concubines and mistresses were allowed BUT that they didnt have the same rights as wives?!
yes, having ONE wife only was the "norm" but there was surely nothing wrong with a worthy man of having either multiple wives or mistresses.

here is something for you to consider from the mouth of Jesus himself:
Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (aka the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (aka the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished."

from this 2 verses we can clearly understand that what YOU are claiming is a product of your imagination!

Well let me start by saying the law was for the Jews, and Jesus christ was a Jew so he was under the law, but the law remained in force all the while until Jesus death and that is how Jesus fulfilled or accomplished the law after which Christians are no longer under the law of Moses but under the law of Christ thru the new covenant.

On the issue of God permitting some things but Jesus coming to correct them see the scriptures below: Matthew 19:8&9

8He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. 9“And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

So from the above you can not sleep with another woman when you are legally married with one, and you can not marry another legally except the one you have commits adultery and was subsequently divorced.

There was no provision nor permission of Concubinage in the christian ethics and laws.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by tpia5: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
1 Corinthians 7:36
New International Version (NIV)

36 If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong[a] and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married.

exodus 22 16

16 “If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife. 17 If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he must still pay the bride-price for virgins.

genesis 34

Now Dinah, the daughter Leah had borne to Jacob, went out to visit the women of the land. 2 When Shechem son of Hamor the Hivite, the ruler of that area, saw her, he took her and r.aped her. 3 His heart was drawn to Dinah daughter of Jacob; he loved the young woman and spoke tenderly to her. 4 And Shechem said to his father Hamor, “Get me this girl as my wife.”
5 When Jacob heard that his daughter Dinah had been defiled, his sons were in the fields with his livestock; so he did nothing about it until they came home.

. . .

30 Then Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, “You have brought trouble on me by making me obnoxious to the Canaanites and Perizzites, the people living in this land. We are few in number, and if they join forces against me and attack me, I and my household will be destroyed.”

31 But they replied, “Should he have treated our sister like a p.rostitute?”

Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by tpia5: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
New International Version (NIV)

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and r.apes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has r.aped her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by tpia5: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2011
i hope we can now see premarital s.ex was viewed as r.ape, if the man engaging in such, did not marry the woman.
Re: Is It Fun To Cheat? by whobemumu(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2011
Nothing sweeter than fkking another mans. Girl or. A husbandless woman while your own de house de rest

Nothing more bitter than getting. Caught

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Tel Me The Reason Of Having A Girlfrnd? / 9 Things Most Guys Lie About! / Happy Birthday To Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.