Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,938 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (33216 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by sunky2sweet(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Jashub:
OP, I'll advice that you nip this thing in the bud before it becomes something else . And the best way of doing that is to have to a serious discussion with your wife and let her understand your fears and worries over this issue.

Because the way I see it , if your mother-in-law has that sort of authority over your wife, then she'll definitely have greater authority over how your home will be run in future . undecided
you a right, everything will be gossip. My marriage was just 2month when the nonsense started I thought it was normal then one day I left my phone on record and went to hangout with the boys lo and behold it was all gossip about my own family, I asked my wife about certain things I heard and she denied it, I didn’t tell her I have proof. I haven’t talked to her mother till this day and she knws too well not to visit my house I don’t have to spell it out. Her father comes anytime, we drink and gist anytime he’s in town. I know a day will come when questions will be asked, my proof is in the cloud grin smiley grin and going nowhere anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Amumaigwe: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
she is lonely though cos the husband no dey with her ... Not her fault but the man though so I thought that's why she is always calling and that's why I'm still observing

"Her husband no dey with her and not her fault". Whose verdict was that? She failed to pay the price to keep her marriage to enable her escape loneliness at old age. Now she is latching on your wife. What kind of influence do you think she will exert on her daughter? Of course it will come from her resentment she has for her ex husband and much bile will be accumulating in your wife until boom: history is repeated. If she was a mother that succeeded in her own marriage, I would have had no qualms. Please let your wife know that she must start reducing the call frequency and also manage the inflation about your home she passes to her mum

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
olasaad:
It's a normal thing Oga. I called my sister 3 to 5 times daily. That's how we roll.

It's not normal and you roll in a bad way.

If you love your sister you will not come between your sister and her husband

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by detectivejones: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
Whats your plan exactly? To isolate her from her family. There is nothing wrong in what the mother is doing, they're a tight famly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by omonnakoda: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
Some people believe there is God
e,g Patience Jonathan

Now this God does not control people

So why do people want to control other people

First control yourself

That is where the problem is

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by RZArecta(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
Please I need your opinion on this issue.

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?
nigga CALM DOWN and allow them do their bonding. It's not every battle that you'll fight and this isn't a battle. When your in-law directly challenges your authority in the house is when you can take action
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Such wise comment.
Greattha:
OP. Nothing to fear if you're gucci. Like you said, it'd been happening before you married your wife and you knew about it. Did you ever raise it as a concern to her then?

Is your mother in-law not a good enough role model? There's probably a reason you're concerned.

If she's a good enough person, know that marriage requires experienced advice from our reliable elderly ones.

Way I see it, if you're doing your best as a "good" husband, there won't be any fallout on you or your home.

It depends on your wife and the level of understanding between both of you.

Plus, hope you know the calls/convos can still happen without you ever knowing? Be happy you're not in the dark.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Pjoe238: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
How is the calls from your mother in-law to her daughter disturbing you? when you carry your own water, you will understand the value of a drop.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by optionalY09: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Terrible behavior of mother influence in their children’s married life.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by SURElee(f): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

Look for a way to stop a mother from calling her child she raised and gave birth to. The fact that you are married to their daughter doesn't give you the right to do such.

So you want to break the family bond Abi?

I used to think only some ladies go into families to break family love and bond, now you a man is complaining?

Oga, rest. The calls are they hindering your sexual conjugal rights?

Will your wife also stop you from bonding with your family?

Na like this e dey start, you will tell you wife to go off social.media because she is married to you.

Na small small you go begin show your true colors, looking up faults where there is none..

Mschewwww!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
Adinije:
Does your wife complain about it?
Does she tell her mum everything that goes on in the house?
Has your MIL in any way cause friction between you and your wife? If your answers to all is No, then don't go and look for trouble that doesn't exist.

Please leave it alone.

Stop being naïve. Is it possible to be talking everyday and not tell her mother everything that is happening in their house?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by sunky2sweet(m): 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
haslaw:

Stop being naïve. Is it possible to be talking everyday and not tell her mother everything that is happening in their house?
I wonder ooo.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by optionalY09: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
Pjoe238:
How is the calls from your mother in-law to her daughter disturbing you? when you carry your own water, you will understand the value of a drop.

The intention is not always in the internet of the other party. When t give your child out to marriage theirs nothing wrong being close to their family making yourself accessible and approachable.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by gigabyte13: 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Why are you feeling insecure....??
How their call take affect you....??
That's what good parents do, they keep checking on their children either male or female, married or not.
I dey feel jealousy here...
Oga, leave mama and pikin matter alone, there are enough bills hanging around you, enough to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Successfulben: 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Op, you must be a mad man for bringing every minor family related issues here.
Mide70:

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Crucialgem(m): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
My token to this, my girlfriend also has this kind of relationship with her mother, the wrong part of it is that the mum literally knows every thing going on between me and her and if para-venture I don't get to call her for a long time, it her mum call am seeing. And the mum will be like, my daughter said you havent call her for some while. I hate that shit to my bone marrow. Mother or fathers in-laws should understand that they need to give their married sons and daughters space is called respect

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by seunjungle1(m): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
Dey call ahm back too
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by gigabyte13: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
haslaw:

If you are doing the right thing, why should you be afraid of what they are discussing.....
Except you are afraid of something evil , you are doing to her
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
Its called respect. But there is no disrespect yet or signs yet.
Crucialgem:
My token to this, my girlfriend also has this kind of relationship with her mother, the wrong part of it is that the mum literally knows every thing going on between me and her and if para-venture I don't get to call her for a long time, it her mum call am seeing. And the mum will be like, my daughter said you havent call her for some while. I hate that shit to my bone marrow. Mother or fathers in-laws should understand that they need to give their married sons and daughters space is called respect
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by dultmax(m): 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
Red Flag.

She (the Mother inlaw) is the one running your family.

That's what she intends to do.

Guy.....if you are not spiritually strong enough, it's a War you will loose.

You will see Shege.

Better run
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ndego1993: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
Op you sound very insecure and immature. A woman decides to call and check on her daughter and you feel threatened about that?

It simply shows you are from a home where love and show of it is scarce.
Those calls may help your marriage more than it will hurt it unless there is something you know about the character of your mother in law that you are not telling us.
Just let the mother and daughter be. Focus on being a good husband and a great father to your wife and kids respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by chatinent: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
It's her mother, nna.

I don't think it means any harm.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
One day, a Nairalander will come here to ask if it's Ok for her wife to be cooking food using water.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by lequama10: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

shes her mother for cry out loud, abi which kind insecurity be this.... When you marry a lady you do same with her mother, if you cant you shouldnt wife her then....
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Chris2863(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
It’s like you are maltreating her daughter or that you are a bad husband, if not, I see no reason why you should be worried about someone calling her daughter. Forget about the peanut you paid as bride price, she is her fruit

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by koladata(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
get a good bluetooth speaker , with good 2way in and out . when ever they talk , get involved in the conversation . make it a law, as she's say how you to her daughter , great her too and always make her know that you are involved in the conversation. 1. you won't get bored 2. with time she might stop.
Mide70:

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Jashub:
OP, I'll advice that you nip this thing in the bud before it becomes something else . And the best way of doing that is to have to a serious discussion with your wife and let her understand your fears and worries over this issue.

Because the way I see it , if your mother-in-law has that sort of authority over your wife, then she'll definitely have greater authority over how your home will be run in future . undecided

OP, go with this advice cus the more it's going the more she gets upper hand and when u say no,her mom says yes,there'll be a problem as to whose orders she's going to follow and she go do her mom's o... there's a crack already it's just for you to stand up and be the man..

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
People always abuse their positions, be it Husband or mother in-laws.

I am curious who will first abuse their position.

dultmax:
Red Flag.

She (the Mother inlaw) is the one running your family.

That's what she intends to do.

Guy.....if you are not spiritually strong enough, it's a War you will loose.

You will see Shege.

Better run
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by GoooodHardDick: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
calling her morning and evening of everyday? Don't you people know the meaning of marriage ?

You dey ment? Does marriage means you should totally disconnect from people and your loved ones simply because you got married?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Gboom: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

How long have you been married?
Does her call threaten your marriage?
Does her call influence your wife negatively?
Does your wife ignore you whenever her mother is calling her?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Meektunz: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
In my own case na my wife dey call my mother in-law every single day. So which one is proper? If I talk e go be like say I wicked.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by money121(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

My daddy call me everyday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.