Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland (60582 Views)

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / 60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Beautiful Igbo Names For Baby Boys And Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Tobijays: 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
gimakon2:

Lol, mumsy Na lawyer, popsi Na blessed officer in the Army. Me, software engineer, sister Na medical doctor. HCPC certified.
I no need show resume of my family, we day do well grace of God.
Brothels, hahahahah, u day fuck_ girls for brothels u day come internet make noise? Swine. Get a girlfriend, disease day your body you are finished already.
Mumu
dad also a barrister, mom a doctor too, myself elect engineer and into start ups. Chasing the india’s aggressive investment into start ups
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by DukeofUmueri247: 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

ke ka i ji experience nke gi eme?
E ji mue emezi obodo mu..
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Tobijays: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
onuman:

Fact of contemporary Nigeria is that no Igbo or Yoruba can win Nigeria's presidential election if northern region supports a northern presidential candidate.
Obi and Tinubu shall divide the votes of Igbo and Yoruba in 2023 to make Atiku win.

If south wants the presidency in 2023, Tinubu who is seriously tainted with gross accusations should support Peter Obi to enable south to produce a successor to President Buhari.
the north will vote a Muslim-muslim ticket over Atiku ooooo. With what happened to Deborah, the protest after when the killers were arrested, they definitely want total control over the government and Nigeria
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by gimakon2(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Tobijays:
dad also a barrister, mom a doctor too, myself elect engineer and into start ups. Chasing the india’s aggressive investment into start ups

If at all you are, relegating yourself this low is a negative, igbos and Yoruba' come a long way, even inside the Caribbean and the West Indies, Bajan language of Barbados is igbo, Yoruba and Ghana language, yet you pride yourself low class to speak of people and denigrate a tribe. Did it buy you a Tesla?
That is the reason I chose to attack you. You no behave mature. Mxm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by grandstar(m): 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
It is estimated that as much as 60% o African Anericans have Igbo ancestry, even if It as little as 2%.

In 18th century Maryland and Virginia if I am correct, there up to 30,000 Igbo slaves. They were known for being industrious. They were also known for being stubborn and always running away. Posters of runaway Igbo slaves were common and probably a reward for them as well. They were called Eboes or Bights. Bights refer to as Bight of Biafra.

The reason why so many African Americans have Igbo blood is not that noble. After the USA banned the importation of black slaves around 1807, white slave owners had to turn to the intensive breeding of slaves to replenish their numbers.. They set up breeding farms and one of their preferred studs were Igbo men. Babies delivered at these breeding farms were called pups.

2 Likes

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by hokafor(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2022
No crack head or homeless person is welcome to the great Igbo kingdom.u can not trust this Americans before they start using here as a dumping ground .
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Transcriber: 11:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
ogbuefi677:
Igbo amaka cheesy

They carefully avoided the Erudite SKULLars grin
Can you tell me why the Igbo "monarch" in the pics is wearing aso-oke Agbada?
A skullars cloth?

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
YorobaPIGS:
Igbo to the world �

yarubas pigs will always display their inherent stupidity, idiocy and inbred foolishness. Brainless bunch of despicable dimwits

I'll rather be a drug dealer than a skull miner

Tell us something else we need to know. We know and we agree that Igbos were taken as slaves centuries ago, but they are willing to be back to alaIgbo to identify with their kith and kin.

I'll rather be taken as a slave to America than be chased out my ancestral home in eweduland by foolanis to Benin republic and become refugees
Anambra is burning now so many people have ran away. My friend sister called her yesterday crying bitterly on phone.

2 Likes

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Oracleforce: 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:
Are they ObiDient?

Not really.. Because it is only few people that wants to identify with OBItuary ...
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Abujason: 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
ogbuefi677:
Igbo amaka cheesy

grin
That’s a good one!
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Brush1: 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
If not Igbo Yoruba couldn't have tasted Aso Rock. Let's see how they will make it without our support come 2023

Mmmmm I don't see the relationship of this to your comment though. Let's be sensible.

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Abujason: 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
daygee12:

Most successful tribe in drug

While the South-Waste is the most successful in skull mining and the one up North is good at terror, murder and illiteracy.
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by nijanigga: 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
IamWonderful:
Hopefully they get back home safely before unknown gunmen locate them
I thought same,place where police and soldiers are killed ,law maker beheaded.
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by onuman: 12:20am On Jul 01, 2022
Tobijays:
the north will vote a Muslim-muslim ticket over Atiku ooooo. With what happened to Deborah, the protest after when the killers were arrested, they definitely want total control over the government and Nigeria

Then, that's supposed to be an eye opener for the south.
The earlier that Tinubu understands this and the need to support a more favoured Peter Obi in the south, the chances are that the presidency shall come to the South.
Tinubu for now is counting on the support and votes of some iridescent Yoruba and a fewer northern voters, but these are not enough to make Tinubu win.
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by DreamSonInlaw(m): 12:21am On Jul 01, 2022
I go trace my ancestry to Ireland

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Akerele44(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:
Igbo Amaka...They should also do well to bring their wealth of experience to develop the land of their ancestors...I am quite sure that their ancestors that carried out the famous "Igbo Landing" will be proud of them...
Indeed IGBO AMAKA......

Watch as Gunmen will won't make them comfortable and they would all relocate bk to LAGOS STATE
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by chiedozie198100: 12:29am On Jul 01, 2022
ogbuefi677:
Igbo amaka cheesy

you dis spoilt child grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Okobola146: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Igbo, the greatest and most successful tribe in Nigeria presently

My mom is from there
their only problem is that they preferred Lagos to their villages. An average igbo man sees Lagos or any part of Yoruba land as small London. Lagos the dream of every igbo child. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 01, 2022
The Headlines grin grin grin

Go make you think say na White Americans grin

3 Likes

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by diplomat058(m): 12:31am On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Igbo, the greatest and most successful tribe in Nigeria presently

My mom is from there

Lol didirin, stop denying your tribe Mumu boy

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Okobola146: 12:33am On Jul 01, 2022
Abujason:

While the South-Waste is the most successful in skull mining and the one up North is good at terror, murder and illiteracy.
how about afghanEASTERN the land of gunmen and kidnapping?
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Benoxvals(m): 12:33am On Jul 01, 2022
Aha mu efula
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Bigseven(m): 12:42am On Jul 01, 2022
My new name is Ezekelichi 1
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Georgekyrian(m): 12:48am On Jul 01, 2022
Painintheass221:
To safeguard the lives of these people, I think this post should not be moved to front page till they leave Nigeria

You are among the conspiracy that is wrong in this society
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Blessedassuranc(f): 12:58am On Jul 01, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
If not Igbo Yoruba couldn't have tasted Aso Rock. Let's see how they will make it without our support come 2023

pls stop this
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Blessedassuranc(f): 1:00am On Jul 01, 2022
YorobaPIGS:
Igbo to the world �

yarubas pigs will always display their inherent stupidity, idiocy and inbred foolishness. Brainless bunch of despicable dimwits

I'll rather be a drug dealer than a skull miner

Tell us something else we need to know. We know and we agree that Igbos were taken as slaves centuries ago, but they are willing to be back to alaIgbo to identify with their kith and kin.

I'll rather be taken as a slave to America than be chased out my ancestral home in eweduland by foolanis to Benin republic and become refugees

oga why not just respond to the person that quoted you. You dont ve to being a whole tribe of his to his issue with you
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Blessedassuranc(f): 1:04am On Jul 01, 2022
pacificom:
Can someone tell me if there is an internal war between Yoruba and Igbo from the way folks are attacking each other on Nairaland. African Unite o...cos nobody like us outside this continent.

No mind some people here. instead of them to deal with their issues personally, they ll bring their whole tribe in and it makes no sense at all

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Chopcy29: 1:40am On Jul 01, 2022
IamWonderful:
Hopefully they get back home safely before unknown gunmen locate them

I don’t understand...so you want to tell me that you just grew up to be tribalistic in life?. Like, how immature this is. What amuses me the most is how joyful you find yourself doing this.
Is this not stupidly?. How can a normal human being just wake everyday and decide to hate an entire region that is up to 100m, who don’t even care if you hate them or not. My brother a little advice from you that if you have reached the age of 25years in this country, you should be up every morning planing how to better your life and and be productive for yourself so that you can enjoy life like the people you admire and wishes you can enjoy life like them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Why I Beat Up Another Monarch At Peace Meeting" - Oluwo Of Iwo / RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso / Ooni Of Ife In A Sway Back Sitting Mode On A Private Jet-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.