Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland (60631 Views)

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / 60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Beautiful Igbo Names For Baby Boys And Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by EmekaBlue(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2022
Tb222:
Rihanna is from ebonyi, jay z from enugu, wesley snipes from anambra, ja rule from anambra, kanye west from abia, snoop dogg from enugu, michael jordan from anambra too, the british slaveraiders really did america a huge favor.
im from abia and people say i look so much like kanye west. Maybe that nigga my be my cousin o or from the same family
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 01, 2022
I'm willing to inherit two among them,a male and female,
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Kelvin3476: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
If not Igbo Yoruba couldn't have tasted Aso Rock. Let's see how they will make it without our support come 2023
igbo\ss tribe is the tribe in nigeria that aren't tribalistic especially when it comes to politics.
we vote who we think is right, wic obj, gej and atiku can testify .
now that its clear that obi is the right one to lead us but yoruba and hausa choosed tribe ahead of the goodness of the nation.

after this election things will surely change

i and my entire lineage are obidient.

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2022
Chei Igbos keep waxing stringer despite the hate and hang up against them by the rest of Nigerians.Who the God love no one can curse.Igbos to the entire World..........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by oladunni314: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2022
Noted.Noted....
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:16am On Jul 01, 2022
IamWonderful:
Hopefully they get back home safely before unknown gunmen locate them
A vained soul is a dangerous enemy of progress! Tell us which part of your country that people doesn't kill people?
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 9:17am On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Igbo, the greatest and most successful tribe in Nigeria presently

My mom is from there
God bless you and your family.You wonder why other tribes keep hating Igbos while the rest of the World keep identifying and tracing their ancestral roots to them,this is nothing but to tell you that they are special people and God's people.......I am that Igbojew
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Karnice600: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

My mom is from there

I can bet you that these ones may return and won't add up an iota of growth to the country if given sensitve leadership roles. Why?
Tribalism. The elders and kinsmen showing them the path to their cultural heritage are already ridden with tribalism.
An American is an American first, before his allegiance to his State and county. That's where their pride hangs; on the flag.
See them here already shouting Igbo amaka.
Nigeria's stagnancy has been the result of tribalism as a weapon of greed between the three dominant tribes.
I'm vouching for Peter Obi, with the hope he will remain a Nationalist, rather than a tribalist. The day this changes, I and my household will look elsewhere.
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Karnice600: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2022
pacificom:
Can someone tell me if there is an internal war between Yoruba and Igbo from the way folks are attacking each other on Nairaland. African Unite o...cos nobody like us outside this continent.

That has been their stupidity. Nigeria has few solutions. One is true federalism, going by the degree of tribalism in display.

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by EmiDon11: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2022
ogbuefi677:

Better than SKULLership
and they still have extra knowledge and understanding.

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Onyeziokwu(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

My mom is from there

Yeah!

100% true mate!

I'm proud to be Igbo and at the same time, I've respect for other tribes too!

Igbo to the world!!!
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by judedwriter(m): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

My mom is from there

I'm Edo.. But I honestly agree with you.

The igbos are something else grin

From religion, to education, to business, to Hardwork, even to beauty, igbos stand apart!

Blessed tribe.

1 Like

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by RealTalkNoBull: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2022
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by ThankGodFriday(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:
Igbo Amaka...They should also do well to bring their wealth of experience to develop the land of their ancestors...I am quite sure that their ancestors that carried out the famous "Igbo Landing" will be proud of them...
Indeed IGBO AMAKA......

Restructure Nigeria first!
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by magzey: 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

My mom is from there
Na only Igbo dey run comot for Naija since 1914 because of Marginalization grin grin

Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
countryfive:
Pls make una no pour dustbin for this forum because na igbo matter o!
Somthing you know they will definitely do.Those people are the most jealous people and insecure tribe I have never seen........I am that Igbojew
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2022
judedwriter:

I'm Edo.. But I honestly agree with you.

The igbos are something else grin

From religion, to education, to business, to Hardwork, even to beauty, igbos stand apart!

Blessed tribe.
God bless you for speaking good things about great Igbos unlike those that dwell in hating........I am that Igbojew
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2022
McOluOmo:
What's the big deal?

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
The big deal is that different international communities are identifying with same Igbos you people never sees good thing in them in this shithole called zoogeria and nobody seem to care if your Yoruba people exist........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I just came to check the level of Chestbeating
Oh yeah we are chest beating because it is not easy to chest beat and also hairs full our chest unlike you people that has no chest to beat.Help me shout untop of your voice that Igbo Amaka!!!!!..........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
pacificom:
Can someone tell me if there is an internal war between Yoruba and Igbo from the way folks are attacking each other on Nairaland. African Unite o...cos nobody like us outside this continent.
Igbos are not attacking Yorubas rather it is the other way round.Yorubas have this inferiority complex and low esteem when they see Igbos but Igbos they keep on trolling don't care at all........I am that Igbojew
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Igbojew: 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fairmedia:

I wonder why the ignorant ones are celebrating this, rather it should call for sober reflection. Or don't they know most black Americans have slaves as great grand parents?
Nothing to celebrate in slave history.
Yes we are celebrating because our lost Igbo brothers and sisters are reuniting back with us far away America and other World unlike your people Boko Haram,Fulani Herdsmen, ISWAP,Bandits are reducing by killing them and also chasing them away from their ancestral home in this 25 century.......I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 02, 2022
Igbojew:
Yes we are celebrating because our lost Igbo brothers and sisters are reuniting back with us far away America and other World unlike your people Boko Haram,Fulani Herdsmen, ISWAP,Bandits are reducing by killing them and also chasing them away from their ancestral home in this 25 century.......I am that Igbojew the table shaker
You are quite dull in reasoning.
Re: 40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland by pacificom: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Igbojew:
Igbos are not attacking Yorubas rather it is the other way round.Yorubas have this inferiority complex and low esteem when they see Igbos but Igbos they keep on trolling don't care at all........I am that Igbojew
Yorubas are well educated and full of confidence. I think the discrepancy boil down to certain contradictions in the characters of the two ethnic background. Nevertheless, understanding and acceptance of each other is a better way that can help us to cohabitate in peace in a civilized society instead of criticizing and condemning each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Why I Beat Up Another Monarch At Peace Meeting" - Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife In A Sway Back Sitting Mode On A Private Jet-photo / RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.