Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband (38446 Views)

Wife Stabs Senior Wife To Death In Ondo Over Sex Turn With Their Husband / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? / Drama In Morgue As 4 Women Claim Body Of Man Each Knew As Their Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by blue01(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
Very true though not all but most of them, I see the example of it at my work place, those small girls earning from 200k to 400k behave as if they own the world.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Ayobamix(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
It is true sir/ma e.g funke akindele bello vs jjc
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by DJperdurabo: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Only an insecure and lazy man would reason like that.

A working wife should bring two things to a reasonable man;

1 financial support in the home
2 [/b]A challenge and motivation for a man to work harder to increase his source and level of income[b]

I understand that kind of man won’t like to marry an intelligent lady cos he won’t be able to handle her and think she may be egoistic but a “sit-down-there” kinda woman.

This kinda man will spend all his last kobo on his daughter(s) to be successful in life and be happy that a man isn’t allowing her to utilise the potential she has?

Moreover, don’t some men think of what their daughter(s) will inherit from their mothers after turning their wives to a dummy.

The highlited; therein lies the problem.

That motivation never minding how well intended can NEVER be construed as such by the man (even if he, in self deceit thinks so).. A subtle "competition" now exists irrespective of how the couple try to gloss it over and it takes an expert at emotional intelligence (a skill sorely lacking in the majority of humans moreso couples) to be able to manage this marital situation. It is just a matter of time, the "insecurity_ in the man and the "challenger" in the woman would best their efforts at love, civility and subconscious pretence. All it takes is one word spoken in anger, just one ,and, the whole charade crumbles.

Just a matter of time...

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by guobe: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
O
18wheeler:
It depends on the individual. I know a couple in Kaduna. Wife works with the. Nigeria Shippers Council, husband was managing an event center. We visited the family during the last Christmas holidays when we got to know the husband lost his job since 2020 during the lockdown wahala. Wife had been running the family, paying kids fees and even completed the house they were building. They had even parked into the house before Christmas. This woman even gave the husband monthly cash allowance to hang out with his friends so they won’t notice the impact of the job loss on him. We just opened our mouths in awe when the husband told us this. We were actually there to settle some marital issues between the man’s wife’s sister and her husband who is my friend. You never notice any disregard from the wife towards the husband if you were not told and this man hasn’t earned a dime of his own for about two years.
eya nice woman there.God bless her

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by WATCHOVER(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
Not true, who get bad character get bad character
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Interesting2023: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Only an insecure and lazy man would reason like that.

A working wife should bring two things to a reasonable man;

1 financial support in the home
2 A challenge and motivation for a man to work harder to increase his source and level of income

I understand that kind of man won’t like to marry an intelligent lady cos he won’t be able to handle her and think she may be egoistic but a “sit-down-there” kinda woman.

This kinda man will spend all his last kobo on his daughter(s) to be successful in life and be happy that a man isn’t allowing her to utilise the potential she has?

Moreover, don’t some men think of what their daughter(s) will inherit from their mothers after turning their wives to a dummy.

U've deviated from the subject matter...u are now being emotional about it probably bcoz u be woman
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by bonnyhope: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2022
guobe:
That's just so pathetic.That means the men are endangered species.

Men re passing through alot of emotional trauma that they cannot disclose to the public

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Eddygourdo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Emperor88:

Are girls born to be raised in the kitchen while boys go out play football and have fun? The society those this not nature. If you raise your boy child in the kitchen and give your girl child freedom, the table will automatically turn.
Wrong. If only you know how the sexes resulted due to natural selection. such topics are beyond you so i wont explain much. even if you teach all the men how to be in the kitchen, women will still be more inclined to be in the kitchen. It is the natural order of things. It will take a million years to change that. that's why people with knowledge laugh at the "woke" fools who think propaganda and shouting changes natural order. LOL
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by bunminikan(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
Not only women, even men misbehave when money come. It takes a spirit controlled life to manage any relationship well when money comes especially when it come beyond expectations.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by bonnyhope: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
seanwilliam:
I know 99% won’t agree with you but you’re completely right .

Naturally women are hard to control and they don’t have self control ( biblically)..

Women, who don’t contribute anything to you , wey u Dey feed, cloth, and house self Dey give problem not to talk of the one wey Dey bring the most finance to table ..

Personally,
1. I can not marry a woman that’s richer than me.. never!. Par adventure she gets richer after we get married , then she must abide by my rules or out…

I can’t live in a house my wife owns or pays rent
I can’t use my wife car if I don’t own one
I can’t collect money from my wife to establish business , except it’s loan which I will ensure I pay back on or the stipulated date.
I can’t do joint business with my wife where we contribute 50/50… we must have separate businesses and contribute to family..

Anyway I buy all gift cards and yankee funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate . I sell cheap unit /bulk google voice

Agreed
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Eddygourdo(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
Emperor88:

Marriage is not a competition. A man and woman should be equal. If a man becomes the head because he provides then what is wrong with a woman becoming the head when she provides? Men also become disrespectful because they provide same as women. It has nothing to do with gender. If you isolate a girl child from a society and you bring her up to become a giver and not receiver she will grow up to be a giver without feeling like she is helping the other. I repeat it is societal not natural.
Are you married ? are you above 30 ? If any of those answers are NO. Please leave this topic as it is beyond you sir.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by khadaffi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
This is true if I'm to go with what I've witnessed

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by NaBanga: 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
Forget all this man na man and woman na woman. The person who has the money has the power. Money is power. It's best if both parties are contributing their fair share if you want to avoid resentment. Once one person is giving more than the other, there are going to be problems. This is why Nigerian women show their husbands pepper when they move abroad. No one wants to live under the "reign" of another human being in their own home.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by judedwriter(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
guobe:
I have a very close relation that refused his wife from working because he felt if she starts working and earning well she may nolonger regard him. Is it true that when women start having money they nolonger regard their husband.

Yes and no.

Many women yes, few and even fewer women no.

Most women don't want to more successful than their husbands and yet submit sheepishly to him... Especially in Nigeria. It's a fact.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by judedwriter(m): 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
yemsai:
This is not true..but it's very common...
Some women respect their husband no matter the situation. People tend to change with power and money..so to avoid this from happening, the man should double his hustle so as to retain his position as the head of the family by earning more than the wife.. stopping the wife from working is not the solution. Communication and understanding is key

Only very few women respect their husbands if they are richer than them.

God fearing women.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Redpill1: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
Yes it happens here in Nigeria, overseas nothing of that such happens because of understanding, here even if your woman is superior to you at work it will result in chaos
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Abduljabba1342(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
We have seen so many cases
guobe:
I have a very close relation that refused his wife from working because he felt if she starts working and earning well she may nolonger regard him. Is it true that when women start having money they nolonger regard their husband.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by MadarasBlade(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
NaBanga:
Forget all this man na man and woman na woman. The person who has the money has the power. Money is power. It's best if both parties are contributing their fair share if you want to avoid resentment. Once one person is giving more than the other, there are going to be problems. This is why Nigerian women show their husbands pepper when they move abroad. No one wants to live under the "reign" of another human being in their own home.

Very good, and the solution is to leave your wife back in Nigeria.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by AntiWailer: 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
guobe:

Your close relation is Maaad
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by marv1: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Go and ask Jennifer. Funke akindele

guobe:
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Pootle: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
never i repeat never allow your woman earn more than you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Izongdave(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
in my opinion it's 88% very likely if you're unable dialogue her resources for the betterment of the Family
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Majesty33(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Cutehector:
thanks bro.
U are most welcome.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Mariangeles(f): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2022
Pootle:
never i repeat never allow your woman earn more than you

Ni kini? undecided

Would you be offended if your woman does not disclose to you how much she earns?
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by OvertheTop(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
Eberex:
Not true
My wife doesn't fall in this category, all because of God's spirit that is possessing her.

grin grin grin grin
You must Really be Submissive to her...
keep doing the good job...
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by cooltola(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
I wonder where these men meet their women?
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by opribo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
Funflipper:

It is not. Any man with such mentality is weak.

You can only say it's untrue If you have never been legally married before. I'm not talking about unmarried people.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Pootle: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ni kini? undecided

Would you be offended if your woman does not disclose to you how much she earns?

yes...i no be enemy of progress but...........
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by justli: 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
When a friend of mine met his wife, he was a taxi driver and she works with an insurance company , driving her own car and living quite comfortably.

Since she likes the guy and a being a born again, she gave him an order:
" I don't know how you are going to do it, but you must be the head of the family and that means you have to start making real money "

Well, to cut a long story short, today he is a billionaire with multiple estates in Abuja and doesn't joke with his wife.

It's natural for a woman to want to be looked after. If you reverse the order, in which case she makes the provision and you tell her thank you, over time, your authority in the house is going to wane and hers will increase.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
guobe:
Did Osinachi disregard her husband when she started making more money than he did? undecided
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Bmaster(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sermwell:

This discourse is for realistic and intelligent people and not for morons!
intelligent indeed.

Somebody of your age are asking a primary 5 pupil question,and to think that you already knows the answer marvels me,.
Don't worry sooner or later reality you said will happen to you,then you'll have a lot to think about instead for asking stupid questions
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by being(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
Truth is it is the natural tendency for women except if a God fearing woman decides personally to still respect her husband despite her new circumstance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? / Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.