Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband (38447 Views)

Wife Stabs Senior Wife To Death In Ondo Over Sex Turn With Their Husband / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? / Drama In Morgue As 4 Women Claim Body Of Man Each Knew As Their Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by ahnie: 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

If you drill down well, you will realize because the woman doesn't massage their fragile egos or tolerate their shenanigans.

Next you would read she wants to be 'equal' with men.

When you ask how?

'she wants to cheat like her husband'; 'she wants to be rude to him (the way he is rude to her)'; 'she wants to make decisions alone (the same way he has been doing)'.

When I say women should shine their eyes, it seems I am anti-women....

Imagine you have a good drive, backed by grace and you encounter this type of destiny destroyer, no bi die bi that?
I now see the reason why funke akindele said...jjc grills wasn't submissive.

I don't see any crime in a woman more financially ahead of her husband,if she's bn treated well, expect her to be submissive,
But on a serious note watin be some **low self esteemed*men problem sef?

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by godofuck231: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
Thats why some men don't want their wives going for a job or doing business, they become uncontrollable and cause damages , itsvthe nature of women, this has been the cause of destruction in history past and this is why women are restricted in duties and capabilities from overstepping their boundaries, ,some women do make or earn more and still are submissive, it depends on upbringing and exposure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by wales4real(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Bros I can 100% tell you this happens only in Nigeria may e because society has wired our ladies' brains with poverty, hatred and selfishness. I've seen ladies from other folks that are well richer than their men and the richer they become the more love they show their men and families. They even take into a lot of charities and don't bother to wear things that make them look rich or important in society despite their riches.
But alas in Nigeria, when a lady become richer than husband the home is likely going to break. Despite the fact that a rich man tries to support the family with his funds and make his wife feel better than her othe peers the reverse is the case when a Nigerian woman becomes richer

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
bukatyne:

And in all honesty, is this a woman problem or a human problem?

Isn't there a popular adage that says 'he who pays the piper dictates the tune'?
A man supposed to be the head and seek advice from the wife in making decisions. I am not of the school of thought that the man makes all the decisions, sometimes he can be a jerk at decision making but when he is not a jerk and he lost that financial empowerment, the wife shouldn't take advantage of it. She should still see him as that one time sweetheart, don't you think ?
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2022
wales4real:
Bros I can 100% tell you this happens only in Nigeria may e because society has wired our ladies' brains with poverty, hatred and selfishness. I've seen ladies from other folks that are well richer than their men and the richer they become the more love they show their men and families. They even take into a lot of charities and don't bother to wear things that make them look rich or important in society despite their riches.
But alas in Nigeria, when a lady become richer than husband the home is likely going to break. Despite the fact that a rich man tries to support the family with his funds and make his wife feel better than her othe peers the reverse is the case when a Nigerian woman becomes richer
Don't Nigerialized this bro, it happens anywhere
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by guobe: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
bonnyhope:

Men re passing through alot of emotional trauma that they cannot disclose to the public
I understand
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Hidaya24: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
It's natural. Women will definitely not value their men once they earn more than them. You'll no longer have authority in the house.

My female colleague in the office is my director and he gives her money and contract so much. Infact she's his PA and they're getting laid together. Any time I ask this girl about her husband, she'll say abeg leave that useless good for nothing man. That's when I got afraid to let my wife work. I remember when my wife was also on N Power salary and also teaching, I was yet to be captured by government to start earning salary. I knew what I faced from her. But now she resigned teaching and has been disengaged by npower. She has mellowed down.

The best is for them to work but they should earn less than you.

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by cococandy(f): 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
ahnie:

did she say that?

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
bonnyhope:

Men re passing through alot of emotional trauma that they cannot disclose to the public
Some people believe a man is not supposed to cry grin
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Sh1g1d1: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
Wallade:

Well, naturally money has pride and that applies to both men and women. Do you wonder why you behave differently when you have no money compared to when you have money. There is a confidence and arrogance that overrides your normal reasoning when you have money. Same happens to women.

However, it is not enough reason to stop your wife from working or earning more than you. You only have to find the best possible ways to manage her excesses and shortcomings.

However, if the disrespect, arrogance and pride becomes persistent and unbearable. Get help from marriage counselors, family or religious leaders; better still get a separation or divorce before you beat somebody.

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Unclesamo(m): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
18wheeler:
It depends on the individual. I know a couple in Kaduna. Wife works with the. Nigeria Shippers Council, husband was managing an event center. We visited the family during the last Christmas holidays when we got to know the husband lost his job since 2020 during the lockdown wahala. Wife had been running the family, paying kids fees and even completed the house they were building. They had even parked into the house before Christmas. This woman even gave the husband monthly cash allowance to hang out with his friends so they won’t notice the impact of the job loss on him. We just opened our mouths in awe when the husband told us this. We were actually there to settle some marital issues between the man’s wife’s sister and her husband who is my friend. You never notice any disregard from the wife towards the husband if you were not told and this man hasn’t earned a dime of his own for about two years.

Trust me, That type of woman can only be 2 in 20million selections

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
xynerise:

1. A man supposed to be the head and seek advice from the wife in making decisions.

2. I am not of the school of thought that the man makes all the decisions,

3. sometimes he can be a jerk at decision making but when he is not a jerk and he lost that financial empowerment, the wife shouldn't take advantage of it.

4. She should still see him as that one time sweetheart, don't you think ?

1. Ok

2. Ok

3. If the husband wasn't a jerk while he had money and he lost his 'financial empowerment', the wife would be a jerk not to pay him in his coin (treat him well).

4. I think cheesy

I wish we could have an analysis of people who had truly good marriages (not good because the wife took all the man's bullshit) and the wife changed when she had money.

It would help discussions like this.

What happens sometimes is that the husband was bad/ bullied the wife while he was the primary earner and starts to whine when the wife decides to pay him back in his coin.

He now starts to wail. It is also well known that a number of men become very insecure when they earn less and start to bully their wives.

Sometimes, the change the men see is their insecurities doing a number on them.

Men should also bring more that money to a relationship so they don't feel useless when they don't have money and start to impose their presence or use by bullying.
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Munzy14(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
Skullano:
Car nah wetin my ex girlfriend first me buy cos I was starting my business newly, you need to see how she started misbehaving ooh but I thank God say man don get two ride now and I always give her the papers to renew for me cos she works with revenue office..

Women are wired in a way that am yet to understand sha.
grin grin grin

The way some ladies place high value on material things baffles me.

Now I don't want to imagine the torture she gets emotionally when you call her to renew your license..lmao.

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by cococandy(f): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
Funny how some of start hyperventilating when women treat you the way you’ve been treating them

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2022
ahnie:

I don't see any crime in a woman more financially ahead of her husband,if she's bn treated well, expect her to be submissive,
But on a serious note watin be some **low self esteemed*men problem sef?

I don't think Funke said the submissive stuff; I don't even think she has said anything sef.

It was one blogger who asked why JJC Skills wasn't submissive when he was living in Funke's house.

The gist is that they were both cheating and JJC Skills was squandering their joint account. I think it is the squandering of the joint account that scattered everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
bukatyne:

1. Ok

2. Ok

3. If the husband wasn't a jerk while he had money and he lost his 'financial empowerment', the wife would be a jerk not to pay him in his coin (treat him well).

4. I think cheesy

I wish we could have an analysis of people who had truly good marriages (not good because the wife took all the man's bullshit) and the wife changed when she had money.

It would help discussions like this.

What happens sometimes is that the husband was bad/ bullied the wife while he was the primary earner and starts to whine when the wife decides to pay him back in his coin.

He now starts to wail. It is also well known that a number of men become very insecure when they earn less and start to bully their wives.

Sometimes, the change the men see is their insecurities doing a number on them.

Men should also bring more that money to a relationship so they don't feel useless when they don't have money and start to impose their presence or use by bullying.
This is what I have been telling my friends who think money is everything in relationship/Marriage. There are qualities a woman will never want to let go aside money. I am not talking about good fvck (though one of it grin). I mean this friendship qualities ...you know

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Kingdollar28(m): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hypogamy you mean
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by bizhop01: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
Give Nigeria woman power she will reduce you to zero
If my Nigeria wife is a millionaire, I must be a billionaire.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by ahnie: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
cococandy:
did she say that?
Bukatyne just corrected me,that it was a blogger that said so.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by ahnie: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
xynerise:

This is what I have been telling my friends who think money is everything in relationship/Marriage. There are qualities a woman will never want to let go aside money. I am not talking about good fvck (though one of it grin). I mean this friendship qualities ...you know
Papa antelope on da beat wink
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
ahnie:

Papa antelope on da beat wink
Wetin man go do na. grin
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by ahnie: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
xynerise:

Wetin man go do na. grin
Lolz
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by RillJ(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
bukatyne:

This riled me up!

So according to you, women have no regards for their husbands... Money or not cheesy grin

grin I said 'some' nau grin
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Ephemmm: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
bukatyne:

And in all honesty, is this a woman problem or a human problem?

Isn't there a popular adage that says 'he who pays the piper dictates the tune'?

Your assertion is the exact reason why I always maintain that the word 'Love' is fake and a deceptive tool in the hand of the parties involved, and this is one of the reasons why a man with real and deeper sense of reasoning will find it difficult to believe in anything called 'marriage'.

If marriage is a matter of 'he who pays the piper dictates the tune', then the society needs 'deed of agreement' between young couples and not 'marriage' where useless vows which are susceptible to selfish interests and conditions are being exchanged.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by BRATISLAVA: 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
Skullano:
Car nah wetin my ex girlfriend first me buy cos I was starting my business newly, you need to see how she started misbehaving ooh but I thank God say man don get two ride now and I always give her the papers to renew for me cos she works with revenue office..

Women are wired in a way that am yet to understand sha.

If we ask the woman in your life what she thinks of you, since you say that you are better off than her financially, we will get to realize you are the same as your ex and misbehave, but can't seem to stand it when it's a woman doing what you do to you.

The forum full of the most lopsided threads and observations in the region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ephemmm:

Your assertion is the exact reason why I always maintain that the word 'Love' is fake, and this is one of the reasons why a man with real and deeper sense of reasoning will find it difficult to believe in anything called 'marriage'.

If marriage is a matter of 'he who pays the piper dictates the tune', then the society needs 'deed of agreement' between young couples and not 'marriage' where useless vows which are susceptible to selfish conditions are being exchanged.

Whether we like it or not, everyone loves someone with a condition. Nobody goes into marriage without having one or more benefits at heart. Make we no dey deceive ourselves
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by dangoteinlaw: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Only an insecure and lazy man would reason like that.

A working wife should bring two things to a reasonable man;

1 financial support in the home
2 A challenge and motivation for a man to work harder to increase his source and level of income

I understand that kind of man won’t like to marry an intelligent lady cos he won’t be able to handle her and think she may be egoistic but a “sit-down-there” kinda woman.

This kinda man will spend all his last kobo on his daughter(s) to be successful in life and be happy that a man isn’t allowing her to utilise the potential she has?

Moreover, don’t some men think of what their daughter(s) will inherit from their mothers after turning their wives to a dummy.
by challenge and motivation you meant she should insult a s threaten the man at will knowing that she doesn't need his money right?
Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Mariangeles(f): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
xynerise:

Some people believe a man is not supposed to cry grin

It's not that man is not supposed to cry, but that they should not be seen crying. Except when something really sad happens.
I mean, even Jesus wept. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by BRATISLAVA: 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
Eberex:
Not true
My wife doesn't fall in this category, all because of God's spirit that is possessing her.

Or maybe you've been treating her fairly, so she is repaying you in kind.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by xynerise: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

It's not that man is not supposed to cry, but that they should not be seen crying. Except when something really sad happens.
I mean, even Jesus wept. cheesy

So we should lock ourselves in the closet to cry why you ladies open your wide mouth to cry Abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by kalajina(m): 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
My mum comes from a richer family and earns more than my dad but I have never seen her misbehave towards my dad. I think it is individual differences. Not all women are bad. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband by Sh1g1d1: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Pootle:
never i repeat never allow your woman earn more than you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? / Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.