Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,373 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) (72367 Views)

Pictures Of Lekki Deep Seaport / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by naija4life247: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
Penguin2:

It is the project of Tolaram And China Harbour Engineering Company.

Lagos State and the NPA are mere shareholders.

Tell your 11 South East and South South sates too to go into a partnership that will help the region. Stop crying blood, it won't help. Just give honour to whom it is due, Jagaban Borgu Bola Ahmed Tinubu. How can one man Bola Ahmed Tinubu be wiser than all the governors that have ruled the 11 South South and South East states since 1999. That is quite disheartening.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Christistruth00: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
There is no evidence that everything we see is Tinubu's vision. Ithink that is too generous and hyperbolic
It is a biassed statement that has no objective proof. Anyhow Human development remains a major problem in Lagos in the areas of Education and Healthcare. Tinubu does not have surgery in Lagos , his children do not attend LASU and unemployment and crime are major worries

I do agree that the Niger Delta governors could do more . It is not just a Tinubu issue but a Yoruba issue.The bitter truth is the Yoruba are more politically advanced and if you want to give credit for vision the real owner is Awolowo NOT Tinubu.

Lagos State is made up of five Divisions
Lagos The former FCT
Ikorodu
Badary
Ikeja
Epe
4 divisions Epe,Badagry , Ikeja and Ikorodu were under the Western region till 1966 and the foundation for what we see across the state was laid by Awolowo NOT Tinubu

Ikeja included all Mainland and Metropolitan Lagos

This is the 1962 Map of Ikeja

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by naija4life247: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
Golan007:

Mere shateholders?

They just strolled into Nigeria, pointed to Lekki, and commenced construction abi?

You dey mind the Flattino ni. Make South East and South South sates too go pick Chinese from China Town nah

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

Ikeja included all Metropolitan Lagos
Define Metropolitan Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Jemex003: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
BloomingDale:
How far Warri, Calabar, PH, Akwa Ibom port? Una Mumu never do.

Their women’s producing spanners.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by MatrixCircle: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Igbo containers na high sea don land lekki deep sea port. Igbos making Lagos great. Igbo amaka. grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by olas24u(f): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

The complete abandonment of the other regions by this regime as if they are not existing, was deliberate.

They focused only on North & west.
It was carefully calculated.

In addition most of the leaders of those places are complete idiots. How can an adult sell his slot to work in an oil company to others and preferring to drink strong gin from Morning to evening. However We don't blame the people illegaly "controlling" the economy sha.

Follow road ,you will have your own autonomy and develop yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by EmemObong03: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
Then no hope of Ibaka Deep Seaport again tongue shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by naija4life247: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:

Watch your BP, you fit slump any time.

Are you sure you will be able to survive the heartbreak when Tinubu is sworn in as President in 2023? I doubt it. Well, I will be selling Sniper Humanicide at subsidized rate then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Shopwiiser: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
Parachoko:
Who are the people that will ever give Lekki Airport?
you know them... you just want be to call his name lol
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by rajiedreez: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
BloomingDale:
How far Warri, Calabar, PH, Akwa Ibom port? Una Mumu never do.
I guess these states too have governors

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
naija4life247:

Watch your BP, you fit slump any time.

Are you sure you will be able to survive the heartbreak when Tinubu is sworn in as President in 2023? I doubt it. Well, I will be selling Sniper Humanicide at subsidized rate then.
Iya re o ni pe slump ni ase Ogun onile kangunkangun
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Mandate2023: 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
AwkaFinest:

Shattaap there. When we live in a monotonous country where everything is built in Lagos. FG built this port with Nigeria's money. This has nothing to do with Lagos government.

If FG decides to move all these facilities to other states the attractiveness of Lagos will reduce. Why didn't they go and build the port in say Akwa Ibom? Yet the state government is doing this by itself since fg has decided to put everything in Lagos.

It's not FG project illiterate fool

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Parachoko: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
Shopwiiser:
you know them... you just want be to call his name lol
I do not know them, you said it, that's why am asking you.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by nisai: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
naija4life247:

Watch you BP. You fit slump any time. Small play, you don already dey convulse.
Watch well next time b4 quoting someone.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by nedekid: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
Majesty2:
Tinubu's Lagos leads while others follow..... May God continue to bless and protect Tinubu
Na wah. Tinubu's Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
This is one of the reasons that I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by saintrow1: 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
Penguin2:
Instead of opening up the seaport in other states, they are still concentrating everything in Lagos.

Besides we need Lekki Airport more than we need Lekki Seaport.

Moving from Lekki axis to MMIA to catch your flight is the greatest nightmare any Lekki dweller can face.

Shit can sometimes last from 4-5 hours.

I remember somebody who dropped off someone traveling to London at Ikeja Airport and set back to return to Lekki. He was still in traffic around Ozumba Mbadiwe when the person he dropped off called him that he’s already in London. Madness!

Keep crying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by ono(m): 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
PressMyButton:

When people ask about the achievements of Tinubu in Lagos, here is the result of the vision he conceptualized as far back as his tenure as Governor of Lagos State. Fortunately, successive Governors keyed into his vision and the result is the mordern Lagos that attracts the biggest foreign direct investment in Africa.

Warri, Calabar, PH , Akwa ibom, all are oil rich states with Governors at the helm of affairs. The question is, what have they been doing with the billions of naira of 13% crude oil derivation that greased their pockets every month?
Next time you see any developmental infrastructures in Lagos, you don't have to hate. All you have to do is to transfer your frustrations on your Governors, pull them by their ears and drag them to Lagos to learn the template of Asiwaju Jagaban.

Let us stop deceiving the masses.

Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, even during colonial era, till sometime in 1993 when Babangida saw it fit to move the capital northwards. During that period, Lagos received massive government attention - in terms of capital allocation, funding, capital projects, road networks, bridges, electricity, etc. Lagos had it pretty good as the seat of government. This opportunity made Lagos attractive and essentially made many Nigerians relocate to that part of the country. My father did, and so did many people from all over the country. It is the reason that Lagos has had a massive developmental advantage compared to other parts of Nigeria today. Let us not deceive ourselves - it is also the reason Lagos will continue to be a no-mans-land in Nigeria. The Yorubas cannot lay any claim to what Lagos has turned to today.

And everyone can already see the impact of Federal Government presence in Abuja as we speak. Last time I checked the IGRs of states and FCT, the FCT has displaced Rivers State as the next area generating the highest IGRs after Lagos State.

The point is clear, people boasting about what made Lagos what it is today should not attribute it to anything BAT did. Anyone with a basic knowledge of administration given Lagos to govern as a whole will know that Lagos is a goldmine.

The move by OBJ in the early 2000s when he denied Lagos their Federal allocation only made BAT (As state Governor) at the time to put in place a machinery to maximise IGR input to the state to fund several activities in the state. Anyone entrusted with that type of activity should be able to do that.

There is nothing special in what BAT did.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Christistruth00: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:

All the Area covered in the Map of Ikeja it is more than Mainland Lagos and included Agege Alimosho Yaba Sogunle Ebutte Metta etc

The Area Of Lagos excluding EPE, Badagry, Lagos Island areas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by heendrix(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
There is no evidence that everything we see is Tinubu's vision. Ithink that is too generous and hyperbolic
It is a biassed statement that has no objective proof. Anyhow Human development remains a major problem in Lagos in the areas of Education and Healthcare. Tinubu does not have surgery in Lagos , his children do not attend LASU and unemployment and crime are major worries

I do agree that the Niger Delta governors could do more . It is not just a Tinubu issue but a Yoruba issue.The bitter truth is the Yoruba are more politically advanced and if you want to give credit for vision the real owner is Awolowo NOT Tinubu.

Lagos State is made up of five Divisions
Lagos The former FCT
Ikorodu
Badary
Ikeja
Epe
4 divisions Epe,Badagry , Ikeja and Ikorodu were under the Western region till 1966 and the foundation for what we see across the state was laid by Awolowo NOT Tinubu

Perhaps PressMyButton should help me ask you when Awolowo died. Well, if I should help you with the answer, he died 1987 and if at all we're to agree with you on Awolowo laying the foundation, dont you think this typa development should have been in every southwestern states??

well, with this few points of mine I hope I've been able to convince you say you dey cap rubbish of history you don't even got idea of

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
Grandkay21:
What south west really have , lagos state can't carry South west ,Lagos is we it is no because other people invested The, majority of the investor are not from south west, lagos was ahead among other South west state because It was once a capital to Nigeria
Lagos state was never Nigeria's capital
Lagos City has been supplementing Nigeria from day one . Lagos has ALWAYS been a net contributor to Nigeria giving more than it receives which is the real definition of asset
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Golan007: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
EmemObong03:
Then no hope of Ibaka Deep Seaport again tongue shocked lipsrsealed

It would come to fruition.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Golan007: 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
ono:

Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, even during colonial era, till sometime in 1993 when Babangida saw it fit to move the capital northwards. During that period, Lagos received massive government attention - in terms of capital allocation, funding, capital projects, road networks, bridges, electricity, etc. Lagos had it pretty good as the seat of government. This opportunity made Lagos attractive and essentially made many Nigerians relocate to that part of the country. My father did, and so did many people from all over the country. It is the reason that Lagos has had a massive developmental advantage compared to other parts of Nigeria today. Let us not deceive ourselves - it is also the reason Lagos will continue to be a no-mans-land in Nigeria. The Yorubas cannot lay any claim to what Lagos has turned to today.

And everyone can already see the impact of government presence in Abuja as we speak. Last time I checked the IGRs of states and FCT, the FCT has displaced Rivers State as the next area generating the highest IGRs after Lagos State.

The point is clear, people boasting about what made Lagos what it is today should not attribute it to anything BAT did. Anyone with a basic knowledge of administration given Lagos to Govern as a whole will know that Lagos is a goldmine.

The move by OBJ in the early 2000s when he denied Lagos their Federal allocation only made BAT (As state Governor) at the time to put in place a machinery to maximise IGR input to the state to fund several activities in the state. Anyone entrusted with that type of activity should be able to do that.

What about what Obi did?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by Anthonyola(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN A PLOT OR 2 ON THIS AXIS PLEASE DM MY WHATSAPP NUMBER, LAND APPRECIATION IS ON THE INCREASE IN IBEJU-LEKKI DUE TO THE LATEST HAPPENING
WHATSAPP ANTHONY FOR FREE SITE VIEWING SO YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE DANGOTE REFINERY AND THE SEA PORT: 07031950067
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by olas24u(f): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
ono:

And everyone can already see the impact of government presence in Abuja as we speak. Last time I checked the IGRs of states and FCT, the FCT has displaced Rivers State as the next area generating the highest IGRs after Lagos State.

The point is clear, people boasting about what made Lagos what it is today should not attribute it to anything BAT did. Anyone with a basic knowledge of administration given Lagos to Govern as a whole will know that Lagos is a goldmine.

Keep typing rubbish ,Calabar ,lokoja have all been capitals.federal government areas are different from Lagos state.so when Ogun state and ondo finish there own ports ,you may die o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
heendrix:

Perhaps PressMyButton should help me ask you when Awolowo died. Well, if I should help you with the answer, he died 1987 and if at all we're to agree with you on Awolowo laying the foundation, dont you think this typa development should have been in every southwestern states??

well, with this few points of mine I hope I've been able to convince you say you dey cap rubbish of history you don't even got idea of
When was Tinubu governor ? A long time ago
It is stupid to say a seaport should be in states that are not on the sea

What development exactly are we talking about in Lagos?

Lagos a city of millions of people has no Metro, No potable water , no ambulance/emergency health or routine health care provision worth talking about?

Awolowo laid the foundation with the creation of a manufacturing hub in Ikeja located to leverage proximity to the port
His other legacy was free education . So virtually every governor in the SW TODAY benefitted from Awolowo's free education though I am not sure if Tinubu was a beneficiary grin
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by clothingonline(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
State built from scratch

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

All the Area covered in the Map of Ikeja it is more than Mainland Lagos and included Agege Alimosho Yaba Sogunle Ebutte Metta etc

The Area Of Lagos excluding EPE, Badagry, Lagos Island areas
Is this from the Bible or Quran or something you and your family decided? Surely it must have a source or basis? Was there a UN resolution?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by wiseoneking: 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
BloomingDale:

Very good. Other regions must sit up too. They should not be deceived by Lagos. If we go our separate ways, other regions will be lagging behind. Other regions must also sit up to attract foreign investors into their region. They must not be deceived by the Yorubas using Lagos to attract all the foreign investments to their region.
well, igbos will dominate bit as they already done in Apapa. By force by force , they are eating bathe wealth of Lagos.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by heendrix(m): 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2022
aribisala0:
When was Tinubu governor ? A long time ago
It is stupid to say a seaport should be in states that are not on the sea

What development exactly are we talking about in Lagos?

Lagos a city of millions of people has no Metro, No potable water , no ambulance/emergency health or routine health care provision worth talking about?

Awolowo laid the foundation with the creation of a manufacturing hub in Ikeja located to leverage proximity to the port
His other legacy was free education . So virtually every governor in the SW TODAY benefitted from Awolowo's free education though I am not sure if Tinubu was a beneficiary grin

Why are you contradicting urself?? what does awolowo free Education got to do with what we're saying here? if Lagos is a city of millions having no metro and the likes I'll indeed like to know ur state/region of hundreds people to arrive at a point of our argument

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) by twilliamx(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
Penguin2:

It is the project of Tolaram And China Harbour Engineering Company.

Lagos State and the NPA are mere shareholders.

You call being a shareholder mere? You haters sha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Tinubu Playing Football / London Mega Rally For Peter Obi (Photos and Video) / Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison Today As He Receives IPOB Members.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.