Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) (41399 Views)

Can Infrastructure Drive Any Economy? Opinion / We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola / 200 Nsukas Professors Mobilize For Atiku/obi 2019 Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Emmyxclusive: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
Bill told the then minister of finance that she was wrong when she was asked how she intend to grow the economy and she responded by saying infrastructure. Invest in people, that's the way out
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Cognitivereason: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

Listen to me, I don't do argument of sentiments and ignorance here, check my comments on Nairaland.

Now tell me how railways built by Ameachi have improved the economy?

I know what railways do to a country economy, as a means of transportation, railway is important because it facilities easy movement of raw materials and finished goods for the manufacturers and farmers alike.

When being developed, it creates heavy revenue for the state.

Now, has Nigeria benefitted the aforementioned since Ameachi bought coaches that travels from Abuja to Kaduna?

Go to countries like China and India and see how railways are being used. Today transporting a 100kg bag of rice from Adamawa state to Lagos state is more than 5000 naira, and they say we have railways, so what is the UAE of the said railways.

I doubt if you have entered these rail coaches because the last time I checked, only Abuja to Kaduna route is currently functional.

I do not entirely disagree with what you have said

but I find it laughable thatyou accuse The federal government for buikding for show off

you should accuse most of our state governors for dat

aside the railways every other piece of infrastructure this government has built is vital..
it not just about building roads to connect villages that produce food..

it about building infrastrucuture to every town and village that produces large proportion of items not necessarily agriculture only

lagos, ogun and ibadan produces 86% of all the made in Nigeria goods..you want to tell me constructing Lagos - ibadan expressway is show off?
onitsha has the largest concentration of businesses and industries aside lagos ..and u say 2nd niger bridge is show off as well?
apapa - oworonshoki express road is where every thing we use that comes from apapa passes through..an fashola building a 10 lane concrete road is show off and has no economic value?

inshort point to one piece of federal road the ministry of works and housing handles that is showoff..am waiting

look ..ignore education and SMEs (who mostly import) for now.. The reason why Nigeria can not produce is simply because if it does the final product can never match what is coming from asia..and ones ur price does is not cheaper than the chinese variant or asia ones..no body will touch it..

and this happens because there is no infrastructure that can cut down the cost of production..no refinery, no railway, no power, no road..
the absence of all this fustrate production..
u want to invest in SMEs before you invest in infrastructure..where is the road they will use to transport their produce or the power they will use..

infrastructure grows the economy.

now to railways ..the railways this government has built are sections of a project.. you cannot see the benefit of it yet simply because it is not completed.. the Lagos kano railline is meant to connect apapa and tin can island and pass through the zones that heavily contribute the economy(lagos,ogun,oyo,kano)...until the line is fully completed u cannot see the benefit..
amaechi has only built lagos - ibadan.. it hasnt been fully connected to the lagos port..meaning sufficient cargo cannot pass...there are no dry port yet along to the route to handle the cargoes moved on the rail..one is planned in ibadan and kano...abuja - kaduna was built by GEJ and it is part of the line..until apapa and tin can island is fully connected to ibadan is fully connected to abuja u will not feel the impact..this cost billions of USD..dat y it being done in sections with loans

I can admit that the benefit of the railways cannot be felt simply because it not finished....but it is foolishness to argue that there are no economic benefits of abuja-kano road, lagos - ibadan expressway or apapa oworonshoki...

we need the technology of the western world to produce and grow..africa is cursed that we never developed any...investors will never come (local/foreign) and invest if there is no infrastructure... all the leaders btw 1999-2015 has not invested heavily in infrastructure than this government from roads, bridges to railways..it is a vital aspect which is power that they are all failures

now I do not disagree with Obi's point..but all obi keep saying is we need to invest in SMEs and education..(anywise person will know that the benefit of all this will only be felt in atleast a decade to come)..Obi will tell u india, Vietnam bla bla lifted millions out of poverty...one thing Obi will never go detail about is how dey did it...he will only tell u the result of what ever they did...
he will say eygpt tripled their power supply..he will never stress about how they did it and how he plans to do it in Nigeria

fashola and Obi are not mate..fashola believes infrastructure and he proofed that he can provide better infrastructure by borrowing loans, issuing Sukuk bonds, tax credit scheme...except ur blind u will say u havent seen that this policy has produced physically..

how on earth does obi want to triple our power supply..how does he want turn Nigeria magically into a producing nation without infrastructure..until he tell us all of this..we dont believe in his words...

I trust sowore 2x than obi cuz sowore gave detail on how he intends to actually change nigeria and his process..Obi will be busy telling u about what other countries have achieved..how dey did it and how it can be realistically be done in Nigeria Obi has never explained

anyways he is better than Tinubu and Atiku

Nigeria is broke and has always been..broke in the sense the she can not generate enough money to fix most of our problems..
power is a big example..we need loans to fix that sector..that is the plain truth..and that is what eygpt did to fix theirs..
Obi should be honest about how he will get the needed funds to tackle it.. even with the right policies Nigeria can never fund the cost of fixing power..that was why the siemen contract was signed..loans were to come from germany ..God knows why it failed

this government is borrowing loans(1.5bn USD) to fix PHcity refinery..and more loans to fix warri and kaduna..
they gave dangote exclusive access to forex to build his refinery

one thing Obi hate is loans...every sensible person who listen to Obi all the times knows he despise this government for borrowing to fix infrastructure and how much they have squandered for infrastructure

I want to see how Obi wants to fix the rest of the refineries and power without loans...and it why I support him to become president
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by sunboy(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:
Fashola and Obi are not mates.

One major drawback of Obi is that he talks a lot and if you delve deep into what he is saying most times, it is hard to correlate his words into tangible solutions for the economy.

Furthermore, a lot of youths shouting Obi really do not even bother to critique his ideas or solutions. To them it is simply about being "Obidient"

Abeg obidient to what? Most don't even know.

His analysis are too superficial, he can’t delve deep. That I’ve also noticed about him.

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by GeneralDae: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cognitivereason:

he no longer handles power.. beside he is the best minister of works ever..
in Lagos specifically..b4 2015..all the federal roads in lagos state were death trap..

today.

there is no single fedral road in lagos that isnt receiving attention

lagos - ibadan
apapa - oworonshoki
ikorodu - sagamu
lagos - badagry
lagos - abeokuta

this are all the worst and most significant roads in lagos...Fashola's ministry is building all
is Fashola minister of works for Lagos state or Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Cognitivereason: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
GeneralDae:

is Fashola minister of works for Lagos state or Nigeria?

lagos handles 90% of all our imports..every foreign made u own and will ever own will pass through lagos...if Lagos is not given the needed support in infrastructure..it will have a multiplier effect on you weather u are in borno or sokoto...

lagos ,ogun and ibadan handle 86% of most manufactured goods...if the necessary infrastructure isnt available,...the cost of production increase and it will affect u even if u live in sambisa forest...

Lagos state remains top priority..

anyways ..there is atleast one federal government road under construction in the whole 36 state

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by sunboy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

Tell me how building rail lines from Abuja to Kaduna has helped the economy of Nigeria.

Tell me how building fly overs have helped the economy of Nigeria.

No body is saying that infrastructure is not important, that can come and at the important places.

Good motorable roads in villages that produce food, that we need now.

There are sectors which will drive development and create jobs before we talk about building fly overs and rail ways which we need to borrow first.

She you go to school bayi, see the katikati that you’re typing disgracing yourself. Oh I forgot you went to one of the under-funded universities grin another infrastructural deficit.

How do you create jobs when there’s no better infrastructure in place?

Why is Nigeria one of the hardest place of doing business? Infrastructure is one major reason.

Who will provide the jobs? Govt ? Foreigners investors ?

You expect a foreign investor who’s bring millions of dollars to build factory, go still continue to provide for his own water, electricity, then security ? Have sense na!

Solid infrastructure is the best rock of economic building. There’s no argument about this. I’m quite surprised that Obi’s fan who claim to be educated youth are backing this mumuness.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Interesting2023: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
LifestyleTonite:
Fashola Schools Peter Obi On Infrastructure

See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HUruemlAI
Is it not the Joker Mr Fashola that said any responsible gov't will get the power sector working in just 6 months?? He shud just Stfu, itz just annoying wen a failure is trying to lecture us...rubbish talk
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by GeneralDae: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cognitivereason:

but I find it laughable thatyou accuse The federal government for buikding for show off

aside the railways every other piece of infrastructure this government has built is vital..

it about building infrastrucuture to every town and village that produces large proportion of items not necessarily agriculture only

lagos, ogun and ibadan produces 86% of all the made in Nigeria goods..you want to tell me constructing Lagos - ibadan expressway is show off?
onitsha has the largest concentration of businesses and industries aside lagos ..and u say 2nd niger bridge is show off as well?
apapa - oworonshoki express road is where every thing we use that comes from apapa passes through..an fashola building a 10 lane concrete road is show off and has no economic value?

inshort point to one piece of federal road the ministry of works and housing handles that is showoff..am waiting

look ..ignore education and SMEs (who mostly import) for now.. The reason why Nigeria can not produce is simply because if it does the final product can never match what is coming from asia..and ones ur price does is not cheaper than the chinese variant or asia ones..no body will touch it..

and this happens because there is no infrastructure that can cut down the cost of production..no refinery, no railway, no power, no road..
u want to invest in SMEs before you invest in infrastructure..where is the road they will use to transport their produce or the power they will use..

now to railways ..the railways this government has built are sections of a project.. you cannot see the benefit of it yet simply because it is not completed.. the Lagos kano railline is meant to connect apapa and tin can island and pass through the zones that heavily contribute the economy(lagos,ogun,oyo,kano)...until the line is fully completed u cannot see the benefit..
amaechi has only built lagos - ibadan.. it hasnt been fully connected to the lagos port..meaning sufficient cargo cannot pass...there are no dry port yet along to the route to handle the cargoes moved on the rail..one is planned in ibadan and kano...abuja - kaduna was built by GEJ and it is part of the line..until apapa and tin can island is fully connected to ibadan is fully connected to abuja u will not feel the impact..this cost billions of USD..dat y it being done in sections with loans

I can admit that the benefit of the railways cannot be felt simply because it not finished....but it is foolishness to argue that there are no economic benefits of abuja-kano road, lagos - ibadan expressway or apapa oworonshoki...

we need the technology of the western world to produce and grow..africa is cursed that we never developed any...investors will never come (local/foreign) and invest if there is no infrastructure... all the leaders btw 1999-2015 has not invested heavily in infrastructure than this government from roads, bridges to railways..it is a vital aspect which is power that they are all failures

now I do not disagree with Obi's point..but all obi keep saying is we need to invest in SMEs and education..(anywise person will know that the benefit of all this will only be felt in atleast a decade to come)..Obi will tell u india, Vietnam bla bla lifted millions out of poverty...one thing Obi will never go detail about is how dey did it...he will only tell u the result of what ever they did...
he will say eygpt tripled their power supply..he will never stress about how they did it and how he plans to do it in Nigeria

fashola and Obi are not mate..fashola believes infrastructure and he proofed that he can provide better infrastructure by borrowing loans, issuing Sukuk bonds, tax credit scheme...except ur blind u will say u havent seen that this policy has produced physically..

how on earth does obi want to triple our power supply..how does he want turn Nigeria magically into a producing nation without infrastructure..until he tell us all of this..we dont believe in his words...

I trust sowore 2x than obi cuz sowore gave detail on how he intends to actually change nigeria and his process..Obi will be busy telling u about what other countries have achieved..how dey did it and how it can be realistically be done in Nigeria Obi has never explained

Nigeria is broke and has always been..broke in the sense the she can not generate enough money to fix most of our problems..
power is a big example..we need loans to fix that sector..that is the plain truth..and that is what eygpt did to fix theirs..
Obi should be honest about how he will get the needed funds to tackle it.. even with the right policies Nigeria can never fund the cost of fixing power..that was why the siemen contract was signed..loans were to come from germany ..God knows why it failed

this government is borrowing loans(1.5bn USD) to fix PHcity refinery..and more loans to fix warri and kaduna..

one thing Obi hate is loans...every sensible person who listen to Obi all the times knows he despise this government for borrowing to fix infrastructure and how much they have squandered for infrastructure

I want to see how Obi wants to fix the rest of the refineries and power without loans...and it why I support him to become president
The Siemens deal did not fail. It's going on. Equipments to come September, first phase to be completed in 2023.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Grucho1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
LifestyleTonite:

See video:

and we er seeing the results everyday in security, cheap food prices and education
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by sunboy(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cognitivereason:

You nailed it except for …
1. Borrowing sensibly to finance infrastructure is not bad, what is bad is the corruption that exist in this institutions where every details of government contracts is not disclosed and the contract or some too government officials have a loop hole to squander majority of the money.

Corruption is the problem, how the borrowed money was managed is the problem, little or zero accountability for people in power.

In as much as I don’t want Obi, Atiku or Tinubu in power. Nigeria is way over due for credit system, once we transition from just cash to credit economy a lot of people’s purchasing power will increase. Everybody borrows to build infrastructure no big deal about that, but borrowing internally would have been a better option especially from our banks, or the citizen.

The Us treasury borrow money from the citizens and the banks everytime, and usually have some of the highest interest rates at maturity.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by PureNigerian: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi talks about problems that we all know but not a single solution.

Please, it is about time we as a people start asking questions how he will fix the numerous
problems facing the country. I don't want to hear talk
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by bolademi(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

It seems you haven't heard that Lekki seaport is the latest infrastructure in town. Tinubu na your mate?

Tinubu senior them all
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Cromagnon: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:
Nigeria,

A country where proven public service failures stand up to lecture others who had made a success of both their private and public lives. Fashola should be ashamed of himself for talking about economy even while his government has collapsed under economic woes.

You really cannot use infrastructure to grow the economy, what Fashola failed to mention was that the millions of liters of gas used to build the bridge were imported, at a very negative balance of trade for a country that has gas under its soil? Most of the other materials and manpower are also imported, benefiting foreign countries. The number of expatriate workers in JB will amaze you, with thrice that number serving them as cooks, gardeners, drivers and security men. Loss of foreign currency.

You grow the economy organically, by improvements in the GDP, creating enabling environment with power supply (an area Fashola failed woefully) and making sure more people work and exchange goods and services, not to talk about tax. APC keep proving everyday that they are passers by in the corridors of power.

Vote for Peter Obi.

He will make Nigeria so rich and prosperous that the likes of Fashola will relocate to Jamaica to hide their faces.

how much power did he supply in Anambra?
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Bennycollins: 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:
Fashola and Obi are not mates.

One major drawback of Obi is that he talks a lot and if you delve deep into what he is saying most times, it is hard to correlate his words into tangible solutions for the economy.

Furthermore, a lot of youths shouting Obi really do not even bother to critique his ideas or solutions. To them it is simply about being "Obidient"

Abeg obidient to what? Most don't even know.
So it is easier to correlate how 50m youths will be recruited into the military and fed corn and cassava? Continue we all will live under the rulership of whoever wins. Or maybe some of you have cooking gas and other utilities subsidized for you by this failed administration.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Cognitivereason: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
sunboy:

You nailed it except for …
1. Borrowing sensibly to finance infrastructure is not bad, what is bad is the corruption that exist in this institutions where every details of government contracts is not disclosed and the contract or some too government officials have a loop hole to squander majority of the money.

Corruption is the problem, how the borrowed money was managed is the problem, little or zero accountability for people in power.

In as much as I don’t want Obi, Atiku or Tinubu in power. Nigeria is way over due for credit system, once we transition from just cash to credit economy a lot of people’s purchasing power will increase. Everybody borrows to build infrastructure no big deal about that, but borrowing internally would have been a better option especially from our banks, or the citizen.

The Us treasury borrow money from the citizens and the banks everytime, and usually have some of the highest interest rates at maturity.

Nigerians are dull and daft..

there was a time government wanted to use unclaimed money left by dead people in banks to finance infrastructure...money that have accumulated to billions..instead of wasting them in the banks and allowing them to lose value over time why not use it to do better thing..

they wanted to swallow zainab ahmed raw..

just bury the idea of borrowing from the citizens..Nigerians including the educated ones are still daft..

we currently borrow from our central banks ..most commercial banks are not big enough to lend billions of dollars easily..if they do it comes it high interest compared to china exim bank
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Saintinoo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
sunboy:

She you go to school bayi, see the katikati that you’re typing disgracing yourself. Oh I forgot you went to one of the under-funded universities grin another infrastructural deficit.

How do you create jobs when there’s no better infrastructure in place?

Why is Nigeria one of the hardest place of doing business? Infrastructure is one major reason.

Who will provide the jobs? Govt ? Foreigners investors ?

You expect a foreign investor who’s bring millions of dollars to build factory, go still continue to provide for his own water, electricity, then security ? Have sense na!

Solid infrastructure is the best rock of economic building. There’s no argument about this. I’m quite surprised that Obi’s fan who claim to be educated youth are backing this mumuness.

Before I continue this discussion with you, pls explain infrastructure and tell Mee the types of infrastructure, don't use Google because if you do I will know.

Then after you have done that.
Tell me how many if that infrastructure Fashola and Buhari has built in the past 7 years, I am waiting.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by ThatFairGuy1: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Obi is a well packaged fraud from Alaigbo.

He's going nowhere, even Jezebel knows this

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by GeneralDae: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

Before I continue this discussion with you, pls explain infrastructure and tell Mee the types of infrastructure, don't use Google because if you do I will know.

Then after you have done that.
Tell me how many if that infrastructure Fashola and Buhari has built in the past 7 years, I am waiting.
Infrastructure majorly are:
Roads, Electricity, Railways, Bridges, Schools, Hospitals, Gas pipelines, Refineries, you name it.
Fashola as minister of works and Housing is the best we have ever had since the 1970's. As a minister of power, he failed and was booted out.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by harsysky(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:
Nigeria,

A country where proven public service failures stand up to lecture others who had made a success of both their private and public lives. Fashola should be ashamed of himself for talking about economy even while his government has collapsed under economic woes.

You really cannot use infrastructure to grow the economy, what Fashola failed to mention was that the millions of liters of gas used to build the bridge were imported, at a very negative balance of trade for a country that has gas under its soil? Most of the other materials and manpower are also imported, benefiting foreign countries. The number of expatriate workers in JB will amaze you, with thrice that number serving them as cooks, gardeners, drivers and security men. Loss of foreign currency.

You grow the economy organically, by improvements in the GDP, creating enabling environment with power supply (an area Fashola failed woefully) and making sure more people work and exchange goods and services, not to talk about tax. APC keep proving everyday that they are passers by in the corridors of power.

Vote for Peter Obi.

He will make Nigeria so rich and prosperous that the likes of Fashola will relocate to Jamaica to hide their faces.

What Fashola fails to understand is that the world is a business place, and Obi would school him from Cre'che to Professorship. Fashola only knows how to spend the money but never how to make it. Oluku that should keep quiet and learn is talking nonsense because of the party he stands for.

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by sunboy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Nigerians are dull and daft..

there was a time government wanted to use unclaimed money left by dead people in banks to finance infrastructure...money that have accumulated to billions..instead of wasting them in the banks and allowing them to lose value over time why not use it to do better thing..

they wanted to swallow zainab ahmed raw..

just bury the idea of borrowing from the citizens..Nigerians including the educated ones are still daft..

we currently borrow from our central banks ..most commercial banks are not big enough to lend billions of dollars easily..if they do it comes it high interest compared to china exim bank

The bank or citizen borrowing all boils down to. Working system where everybody trust the government irrespective of who’s in power.

If borrowing from China is a better interest and money was used 100% as planned, I don’t see why borrowing is an issue.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Cognitivereason: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
sunboy:

The bank or citizen borrowing all boils down to. Working system where everybody trust the government irrespective of who’s in power.

If borrowing from China is a better interest and money was used 100% as planned, I don’t see why borrowing is an issue.

which money from china was borrowed and not used as planned

below are the projects FG borrowed from china for

500 million USD for 4 new airport terminals
1.5bn USD for lagos ibadan railline
800million USD for abuja kaduna railway
abuja-keffi-lafia-makurdi expressway(cant remember the loan figure)

please which one of these projects is not going according to plans

has lagos ibadan railline not reached 90% completion
is abuja kaduna railine not completed

3 of the airport terminals are completed and are in use except kano which is still in progress
the road constrution btw abuja and makurdi is over 80% completed inshort they have reached the river benue bridge..so what ur point exactly
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by PeaceNexus(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
One thing is common among them....they never ran a successful business, they all stole from Government....they are criminals
Abdul05:
Fashola ,tinubu , osinbajo and Co are all considerable Intellects.....

and ,they are also rational and political healthy unlike the fake one from the land of Biafra,,. grin

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Naija8240: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Abdul05:
Fashola ,tinubu , osinbajo and Co are all considerable Intellects.....

and ,they are also rational and political healthy unlike the fake one from the land of Biafra,,. grin

If they are so intellects …why are we still in this mess? Why not make things better now since They are all still holding top positions in this administration.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by GeneralDae: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cognitivereason:

which money from china was borrowed and not used as planned

below are the projects FG borrowed from china for

500 million USD for 4 new airport terminals
1.5bn USD for lagos ibadan railline
800million USD for abuja kaduna railway
abuja-keffi-lafia-makurdi expressway(cant remember the loan figure)

please which one of these projects is not going according to plans

has lagos ibadan railline not reached 90% completion
is abuja kaduna railine not completed

3 of the airport terminals are completed and are in use except kano which is still in progress
the road constrution btw abuja and makurdi is over 80% completed inshort they have reached the river benue bridge..so what ur point exactly
Baba you are well informed jarry. Most Nigerians here just work on emotions only. They don't write or speak based on research.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Globalistic(f): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Useless Fashola. Get ready to be Obi's SA on National Assembly matter.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
LifestyleTonite:

See video:

See this funny cassava and corn people o. APShit.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Lightorder: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Pandora hoebi with a 3rd class in Philosophy is not qualified to be taught directly by the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

He should be attending classes where Tinubu's students are lecturers.

All Tinubu's students are doing great, pandora hoebi the olodo should consult them, not Tinubu. Tinubu is too big for him. cheesy
Tinubu should go and steady his hands, holding a flag before holding the economy
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by SmokedWhiskey: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
All these intellectual mugus arguing like they know sh*t, whereas there’s nothing in their block heads. Nigeria can NEVER develop with the levels of infrastructure deficit it currently has. It didn’t happen over night, 40 years of military rule plus 16 years of PDP ( over 1/2 a century of pretty much nothing) brought us to where we are now. Imagine a nation of 200 million that could not boast of a functioning rail transportation system, decaying ports, Lagos Ibadan express way was a death trap, no functioning refineries, Nigeria was in a deep deep rot. The APC government got it right, not only do we need to invest in infrastructure (and by infrastructure it not only means roads and bridges, it includes power plants, airports, housing, schools, hospitals, all sectors of the economy basically ) we need an accelerated massive infrastructure works program to at least close up the deficit. Without that Nigeria goes no where, you can take that to the bank.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Wwwq: 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by scana042: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
LifestyleTonite:

See video:

So after all this grammar what is the state of the Nigerian economy today, it's obvious that fashola and APC are wrong and have failed Nigerians.
Let us allow PETER OBI to try his ideas which has been proven to be successful in Anambra.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Everlastingson: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

Pls, I beg you Igbos, stop embarrassing this country abeg.
Can you produce without infrastructures?.. Is Refinery not an infrastructure?.. Can you refine oil without a refinery?

Pls face your 2×2 and leave economics for us. pls. you guys are traders, you only buy & sell.

You must be a little boy. As simple and unsophisticated as buying and selling is according you, you're still not able to do it. If you're Professors of Economics as you want to brag here why is it you have ruled this country since the 1960s and only succeeded in making Nigeria the poverty capital of the whole world? Why not humbly acknowledge that una no sabi economics? You woke from sleep one day and closed your land borders for years, even stopping your own country from exporting their own goods! Abeg make we try the man wey sabi. Him name na Peter Obi.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by GeneralDae: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
SmokedWhiskey:
All these intellectual mugus arguing like they know sh*t, whereas there’s nothing in their block heads. Nigeria can NEVER develop with the levels of infrastructure deficit it currently has. It didn’t happen over night, 40 years of military rule plus 16 years of PDP ( over 1/2 a century of pretty much nothing) brought us to where we are now. Imagine a nation of 200 million that could not boast of a functioning rail transportation system, decaying ports, Lagos Ibadan express way was a death trap, no functioning refineries, Nigeria was in a deep deep rot. The APC government got it right, not only do we need to invest in infrastructure (and by infrastructure it not only means roads and bridges, it includes power plants, airports, housing, schools, hospitals, all sectors of the economy basically ) we need an accelerated massive infrastructure works program to at least close up the deficit. Without that Nigeria goes no where, you can take that to the bank.
Exactly. There are many things I hate about the APC but if there is something in their ideology which they emphasize on all the time (although they haven't perfected) is the belief that infrastructure is paramount above all else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

First Niger Bridge, Onitsha On Fire / Adesina: The Last Wailing Wailer Dies! Nigeria’s Wailing Wailers Stop Grumbling / Ex-Gov Yari Lands In London Hospital After Losing Senate Presidency To Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.