Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) (53488 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fredmatic(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
Honoredeblazac:
I dislike this kind of man. So after making money through tithing, he is now coming out to against it without even alerting other pastors that he was going to do this. There should be honor amongst thieves.people like this should just avoid me because I no dey do anything with people wey like to dey confess

Yeah you are right in a way for collecting it all this year's. I am happy for him, for the boldness and courage to come out to say this, and even say he has talk to some of his pastors friend and some may not like him again. What do you have to say concerning Nigeria own? Which of them will come out and say this after preaching about it for years? They use fear and guilt to cage many. Some believe don't bother to study the scripture on their own to understand only take what pastor or GO says and is enough for them. I am happy has know the truth
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by dogmart(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The doctrine of Tithing is not based on the Law of Moses. It started hundreds of years before the law was given.

Abraham gave all his tithes to Melchizedek who is a type of Christ. Genesis 14:18 - 20.

His grandson, Jacob also vowed to give all his tithe. Genesis 28:22

And we are told to walk in the footsteps of Abraham who is our father of faith - Romans 4:12.

Dear Christian ,if the footstep of Abraham was enough Christ wouldn't have come. Christ's death wouldn't have been nessesary.

I hope you are not forgetting the footstep of Abraham includes slaughtering of Rams, stone alters and offering burnings.

I do hope you practice those too, so that you can be assured of walking in the footstep of Abraham.

5 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by lookingfly: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Daddy Freeze will be happy ooo
it's not about freeze being happy, the truth is, if tithing was a big deal, our Lord Jesus would have tithed and would have asked us to tithe. I've never tithed and i don't think I'll ever do. God doesn't need my money to bless me because he owns the money, blessings and me.

5 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Ken4Christ:

I am as brainwashed as Jesus was. The system of the world has been washed off my brain. I live my life by faith in the teachings of my Lord Jesus and his Apostles.

Keep wallowing in your delusions. I wish I was your pastor, I will knack ur wife and daughters and also collect your monies as seed just to teach u a thing or two.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fredmatic(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2022
4tunebest:
For me, personally, the reason why I pay tithe is not because the Bible commands it or not. I pay tithe just to show God that I am grateful for provision and would willingly give a part of it to show my gratitude. I know how poverty dealt with me in the past and how God intervened to make me swim in the abundance I have now. So for someone like me, tithing is an act of gratitude to God and no propaganda can make me stop paying tithe.

My conviction is beyond what is written in the scriptures or what pastors preach

There is so much controversy about payment of tithes because some pastors chose to preach tithe by instilling fear and telling congregants "the Bible commands it". They failed to approach and teach tithing from a place of deep love for God and willingness to give. Nobody should be compelled to pay tithe. Rather, pastors should focus on genuinely winning the hearts of congregants to have genuine love for God and they wont have to compel, force, preach, harass or guilt-trip them into paying tithes.

Payment of tithe should come from a place of deep love for God and not because a pastor said the Bible commands it.

I wish others that have a contrary view to tithing, all the best

Ideally, if you study the Bible very well, the Christians are not suppose to pay. But if any one still choose to continue in it let he or she do so because of love in his/her heart for God just like what you stated. It is ok that way, you may pay contualy or sometimes because you are not under the law, is up to you. The worry and concern is the way some of our pastors are preaching it and making a treat and composary to people which the know or yet to know that Christ is the end of the law. Just because of money they won't tell you the full truth about this subject.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Funflipper: 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
Pastor Gino Jennings don dey reset their criminal brains.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by fredola77(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
I have listened to the message.
You can pay your tithe it's not unscriptural. But all the punishment for non payers are laws in the old testament. Mal: 3:7-10.
In the new testament, you are no more under those laws if you default.

All giving are voluntary and should be done according to how God has blessed you.

I still pay tithe and I will continue but I am not under the old testament law but under grace.

And tithe is not your ticket to heaven.
https://www.nairaland.com/7208619/tithing-does-not-guarantee-make

Pls kinda share the link to the full video please �. I love to watch. Thanks bunch!
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fredmatic(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
ChuksHills:

I wonder the kind of bible he is using that he said tithing is not biblical. All believers should read the Bible for themselves.

What him met was that christian should not continue in the tithe payment . That is what it means not biblical. that does not mean the subject of tithe not written in the Bible
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by IrepChrist: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
fredola77:

Pls kinda share the link to the full video please �. I love to watch. Thanks bunch!

https://fb.watch/e0ufuDpQge/
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fearyourcreator: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

That your churches even teach and accept them means their foundations are built on lies and not God's Truth. lipsrsealed
You were there when Jesus was on earth...
Anyone its not working for should leave it... No one is forced
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

You were there when Jesus was on earth...
Anyone its not working for should leave it... No one is forced
Did Jesus Christ say only those who were then when He was on earth can know His Truth? undecided

Again, Tithing and offering is sin against God. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fearyourcreator: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ say only those who were then when He was on earth can know His Truth? undecided

Again, Tithing and offering is sin against God. undecided
Which one be my own am not a pastor...
Or a GO...
My own is people should face their own life ... All these is just sinner pointing to another sinner...
Since when dem don dey collect all this money sef... Been long na... Anyone can choose to bliv whatever...
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Which one be my own am not a pastor...
Or a GO...
My own is people should face their own life ... All these is just sinner pointing to another sinner...
Since when dem don dey collect all this money sef... Been long na... Anyone can choose to bliv whatever...
If you came to face your own life then what business do you have with God who instead said you must serve others as if a slave in worship of Him? undecided

Go no call you dey follow pastors or listen to GOs. He instead said if you love Him, you will do all that He commands you to do. Basically obedience, not sin - disobedience of God's commandment - is the only way you can Honor Him. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Iyanuamoke: 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

This is just one of the lies this man has been teaching using God's name that he is letting go of for reasons known to him. There are still the many other lies which he continues to cling to that has yet to be resolved. undecided
You're not a Christian and you know nothing about Bible
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fearyourcreator: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you came to face your own life then what business do you have with God who instead said you must serve others as if a slave in worship of Him? undecided

Go no call you dey follow pastors or listen to GOs. He instead said if you love Him, you will do all that He commands you to do. Basically obedience, not sin - disobedience of God's commandment - is the only way you can Honor Him. undecided
Bros I dont see anything wrong in offerings and tithing ... If it's not forced ....
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Bros I dont see anything wrong in offerings and tithing ... If it's not forced ....
You may not see it but that does not change the fact that God's decree renders it a sin for anyone outside of God's Old Covenant and Constitution to the Nation of Israel to pretend to Tithe or give offering in God's name.. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fearyourcreator: 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You may not see it but that does not change the fact that God's decree renders it a sin for anyone outside of God's Old Covenant and Constitution to the Nation of Israel to pretend to Tithe or give offering in God's name.. undecided
Where was this said in the Holy book
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Iyanuamoke:
You're not a Christian and you know nothing about Bible
Regardless, your Tithing and offering is sin against God. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Where was this said in the Holy book
Where was what stated? undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by caye(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT HE HAD A ROUGH AWAKENING; AN EXPERIENCE THAT JOLTED HIM: THAT HE HAD BEEN LIVING A LIE, AND HE WAS GOING TO START PAYING FOR IT.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by mohims(m): 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
workchopNG:
Galatians 3:10

New International Version

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."
What is this one saying?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by shine12: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
4tunebest:
For me, personally, the reason why I pay tithe is not because the Bible commands it or not. I pay tithe just to show God that I am grateful for provision and would willingly give a part of it to show my gratitude. I know how poverty dealt with me in the past and how God intervened to make me swim in the abundance I have now. So for someone like me, tithing is an act of gratitude to God and no propaganda can make me stop paying tithe.

My conviction is beyond what is written in the scriptures or what pastors preach

There is so much controversy about payment of tithes because some pastors chose to preach tithe by instilling fear and telling congregants "the Bible commands it". They failed to approach and teach tithing from a place of deep love for God and willingness to give. Nobody should be compelled to pay tithe. Rather, pastors should focus on genuinely winning the hearts of congregants to have genuine love for God and they wont have to compel, force, preach, harass or guilt-trip them into paying tithes.

Payment of tithe should come from a place of deep love for God and not because a pastor said the Bible commands it.

I wish others that have a contrary view to tithing, all the best

I think a lot of people will give money to God for the love and appreciation but the gospel of non tithe payers being armed robber is false.
A lot give tithe based on fear that they will not prosper and are sinners. Giving in the new covenant is not from a place of force or threat. It should come from a place of willingness and God is not a trade by batter God.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by mohims(m): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hahahaha. That frog eyes Bishop in Canaan land called Oyedepo who who loves money more than his soul will not like this at all. Oyedepo is Hushpuppi Snr. The man na big-time scammer
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by sageb: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Thank God! We do not practice tithing among the Saints and I have never paid tithe all my life in the church Christ paid for with His blood. I pray others come to this truth too very soon.

No new testament church should ever collect tithe.

Nice one by this influencial member of the clergy. I am particularly happy that he is black. He should write his own 99 thesis too like Martin Luther.

There are still other errors like the concept of denominationalism with one senior head and branches, use of musical instruments in worship, sprinkling of water for baptism instead of full immersion, creating titles like Reverend, General Overseer, Archbishop etc,
confusing the post of an evangelist with a Pastor, appointing those who have not met the qualities of an Elder/Pastor as a Pastor and having a single pastor leading a congregration instead of having 2 or more among many other errors still in place.

Ti iro ba lo ni ogun odun, otito a ba ni ona.

Meanwhile,if you want free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use, please check my signature. Cheers.

Are you a member of LDS.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by mohims(m): 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

The frog eyes Bishop in Canaan Land will always you tell you that it's compulsory as a Christian. Honestly, I fear for this Preacher's life because the likes of Oyedepo will not like this at all. The may send hit men after this Preacher because of this revelation. God please protect this Preacher from all evil
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Mayeldah(m): 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
Let those who want to pay, pay

Let those who don't want to pay, keep their money

I used to pay tithes but now I don't and I have not lacked.

i give to the things of the kingdom, I sow seeds but I don't tithe anymore

I am a child of God and I am not robbing him in anyway.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Oluwapresley(m): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Honoredeblazac:
I dislike this kind of man. So after making money through tithing, he is now coming out to against it without even alerting other pastors that he was going to do this. There should be honor amongst thieves.people like this should just avoid me because I no dey do anything with people wey like to dey confess

Oga, would you rather he doesn't speak the truth?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Oluwapresley(m): 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
DDigisol:
No matter how long you fight the truth, it will still prevail. Last last Abel Damina is vindicated.

It gladdens my heart that Abel Damina is known. Cheers, man.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
workchopNG:
Galatians 3:10

New International Version

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."
Interesting claims. So can you please explain what it means to rely on the works of the Law there in that verse?, undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Mayeldah:
Let those who want to pay, pay
Let those who don't want to pay, keep their money
I used to pay tithes but now I don't and I have not lacked.
i give to the things of the kingdom, I sow seeds but I don't tithe anymore
I am a child of God and I am not robbing him in anyway.
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear undecided

A child of God is one who does not sin against God - John 8 vs 31 - 35. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Oluwapresley:
Oga, would you rather he doesn't speak the truth?
Dropping one lie while holding on to 99 other lies which he continues to deceive people with using the name of God does not make him any less a false teachers and false prophet. undecided

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by FarmTech(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
I still believe in tithing. But seriously, churches shud sit up and start telling people the truth about sin. Look at how immodesty, dirty songs and dirty jokes are common among church goers and yet, pastors will keep mute on these matters. If things like these continues, I will pay most of my tithe to fellow saints that are winning souls for Christ. My church will only get 10% of my tithe and not 100% of it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

"Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.