Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) (53523 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Aidejay:
First Benny Hinn
Now Creflo Dollar.
Imagine how many false doctrines these people have preached not just about tithing, that have gone on to ruin lives.
I can only imagine how christians and their leaders will deplatform these MOG's in order to preserve the sanctimonious doctrine of tithing.
Imagine the number of souls these men sent to their graves with those lies in the name of God, souls that will never see the gates of Heaven at the end as a result. undecided

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Amalekki: 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
staga:
My position on tithing was told to me by God Himself after years of being a Christian without paying tithes and asking questions in prayer about it. I am now a faithful tither and no human being, no pastor or anyone can dissuade me about it.
grin God told you himself?

3 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Halo22: 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Even though he must have amassed a lot of dollars via tithing, he is not far from the truth. Tithing is biblical but not a mandatory church contribution as pose by our local pastors. I have said once and again that my tithing goes to the poor in form of charity.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
Amalekki:

I don't know if it's a sin but I know it's not for Christians and is used for manipulation by many pastors. However, it could be a sin if the tithe giver is consciously or subconsciously using it as a tool for God's favour e.g. paying tithe to get something in return while pretending to be doing it for righteousness sake. That is deceit.
It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned that you cannot serve two Masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided

It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned against attempting to put new wine in Old wine Skin. undecided

It is sin because God warned against attempts to usw His Name in practicing that which He never decreed in His Law to begin with. It is akin to adding laws to God's Eternal Law...

Tithing is a sin to all those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Amalekki: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned that you cannot serve two Masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided

It is a sin because Jesus Christ warned against attempting to put new wine in Old wine Skin. undecided

It is sin because God warned against attempts to usw His Name in practicing that which He never decreed in His Law to begin with. It is akin to adding laws to God's Eternal Law...

Tithing is a sin to all those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided
I see your point.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Realhommie(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nosayer:

What God desires the most is the heart and not tithe or no tithe. When the heart is totally sold to God, a man can be giving 50% of his income voluntarily.

Tithes aim to reduce the need in God's house but a sold-out person won't wait for tithing before meeting the needs of God's house.

Very concise, nice input. A true believer should be sold out to God completely, be willing and ready to give everything as the spirit leads, not limiting God to just 10% and think you're actually doing the needful. And such giving isn't limited to church needs only.

3 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nosayer:
What God desires the most is the heart and not tithe or no tithe. When the heart is totally sold to God, a man can be giving 50% of his income voluntarily.

Tithes aim to reduce the need in God's house but a sold-out person won't wait for tithing before meeting the needs of God's house.
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. :-
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Realhommie:
Very concise, nice input. A true believer should be sold out to God completely, be willing and ready to give everything as the spirit leads, not limiting God to just 10% and think you're actually doing the needful. And such giving isn't limited to church needs only.
Tithing for those who believe in Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. :-
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by sassiemyk: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2022
longetivity:
Nigerian pastors should denounce their positions on tithing too tongue
Oyedepo Will Rather Die Than Renounce Tithing
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by OGwales(m): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2022
Imagine grin grin grin

He should also return people's money back to them. Ole
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by oyeb15: 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tithing is fraud

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by IrepChrist: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And read mine clearly. You commit sin against God every time you engage in your tithing and offering rituals. This fact has been God's Truth since over 2000 years now. undecided
Are you saying giving towards the furtherance of the gospel of Christ is now a sin?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Charly68: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Those who hear the voice of God personally won't be confused by the voice of a man .. they know the principles of God to understand his kingdom system and workings. If I don't pay my tithe , I don't get comfortable within me. The Lord spoke to me through what my parents went through in the village.. even they worked hard and get plenty cacao plantation, they had nothing to show for it because they don't tithe and in essence never regonize God as the source of their blessings. No wonder , they saw the money but had nothing to show for it. I began to honour God and things began to change for the better. Know God for yourself not because of one theological jargons
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Everlastingson: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tithe is Scriptural and it's God's will that you pay tithe, take it or leave it. Many of you intruding in this matter here, commenting about what you don't even know, are not even born again. Some of you say it's Old Testament Law. Be informed that when Abraham started paying tithe the Law had not been given. Tithe was in effect BEFORE the Law. If you're born again here and reading these comments I say to you do not let them deceive you. THE TITHE YOU PAY GOES TO GOD, NOT TO MEN. Don't listen to Creflo Dollar coz he has been deceived.

True children of God have no problem paying tithe, after all everything you have belongs to God.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What that means is your Sam Adeyemi is also a false prophet and a false teacher like this man and every other one of your pastors and mogs who sell you lies in the name of God. undecided

I won’t join issues with you. I wasn’t there when God called him and I am not there when he hears from God. What I know for sure is that his teachings has blessed my life tremendously. Solomon, a man like my self, gave a thousand offering. Oga Solomon nor get two heads.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
litigator:
1. I won’t join issues with you. I wasn’t there when God called him and I am not there when he hears from God.

2. What I know for sure is that his teachings has blessed my life tremendously. Solomon, a man like my self, gave a thousand offering. Oga Solomon nor get two heads.
You are insinuating God is the reason this man lied for many decades to so many souls who are now dead and gone and destined for Hell as a result of the lies this man fed them? undecided

2. Ofcourse his lies have blessed your life tremendously. Do you know that even those men who worked with Hitler to carry out the atrocities that he did against millions of lies also believe they were blessed by Hitler in some ways?, undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by TotalRunter: 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
[quote author=Wisejohnson47 post=114410835]Whatever you are doing that is working for you please keep pushing and doing it, nobody should confused you [/quote

Who told you that you know what is working for you? There are very few black people that what exactly is working for them, very very few
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by GeneralPula: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
derecho:
No...Christianity began from Jesus Christ

There wasn’t Christianity when Jesus was alive..
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fearyourcreator: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
kponkedenge:
This man has been living a very lavished lifestyle as a pastor... In fact, most so called pastors of today just do it for the monetary benefits, not because of any calling.
Church no dey force people pay tithe na...
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Church no dey force people pay tithe na...
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

That your churches even teach and accept them means their foundations are built on lies and not God's Truth. lipsrsealed
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by porka: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Deborah98:
Lol this tithing of a thing has been a disputable topic over ages. People will just wake up and say their own version of what they feel is really right to do.

Tithing is controversial, so to say, because it has not been comprehensively presented by many churches. They seem to be hiding the truth on tithes and offering because they fear that there won't be funds to run the church, at best.

But it should not be that controversial. Giving is expressly explained in the Bible in simple and easy to understand language.

Luke 11:42
Woe to you Pharisees! You pay tithes of mint, rue, and every herb, but you disregard justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former.

Jesus encouraged the payment of tithes. However, He didn't think that it is more important than Justice and Love of God. In other words, it should not be in isolation. It should not be seen as a bribe to get God's blessing. In this passage, one can actually be under a curse if tithing is not given in conjuction with Justice and Love of God.

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

In this passage, Christians are encouraged to give according to what they purpose in their minds. This is the key. Some times, what a person settles in his or her mind is more important than any percentage.

Pegging giving at 10% already erodes the notion of free will, it indicates compulsion. However, one can actually purpose in his or her heart to give 100% or 1% or any percentage for that matter.

Mark 12:41 - 44
Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.
But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.
Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.
They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on

As noted by Jesus in the above passage, this woman's giving to the temple treasury was not based on tithe. She made sure she gave all she had as determined in her heart. Not by compulsion, no one rained any curses on her. She did it from her own free will.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Giving is also rewarding. It is not in vain. Therefore, Christians are encouraged to give as much as they can, having at the back of their minds that they shall be compensated for their sacrifice.

2 Corinthians 9:5-6
So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given.
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

These are some of the guides on giving in Christianity.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Fearyourcreator: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
I have listened to the message.
You can pay your tithe it's not unscriptural. But all the punishment for non payers are laws in the old testament. Mal: 3:7-10.
In the new testament, you are no more under those laws if you default.

All giving are voluntary and should be done according to how God has blessed you.

I still pay tithe and I will continue but I am not under the old testament law but under grace.

And tithe is not your ticket to heaven.
https://www.nairaland.com/7208619/tithing-does-not-guarantee-make
Times we are ... People just wanted to claim woke...
Tithe is not forced... If anyone can't pay ... They shouldn't why people make noise of this thing annoys me...
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Geesaintagape: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Now you are saved
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2022
The question you as a Christian should ask is..
Did Jesus collect tithe?
Who are those that paid the tithe?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Handsum64: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Gullible Christians will believe anything
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Godwritten:
He's blessed for coming out to owe to his misinformation which has been a conduit pipe for most pastors to amass wealth from members.
Many pastors claimed that tithe is biblical but has refused to follow the laid down rules of observance.
They corrupted it to suit themselves. The Word of God can never see corruption.
Tithe, in the context of what we see today is ''another gospel''! As such, it's a scam.
Nigerian pastors should imbrace the truth...for the LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF EVIL.

if this man is blessed, as you claim, what about the 1000s of souls who listened to his lies and will never enter in Heaven as a result. Are they also blessed? undecided

What about the many other lies that are still this man's doctrines and traditions, lies he continues to feed his followers with, to this day, using the name of God? Does God also bless Him for those? undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
Geesaintagape:
Now you are saved
How can he be saved when he still teaches many other lies using God's name? undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Iyanuamoke: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Anybody can preach law, it takes the Holy Spirit to preach Grace.
Grace doesn't give you license to sin,no.
When you know Grace, you will tithe without fear or curse.
Pastor Creflo Dollar is not telling you not to pay tithe, he said his teaching concerning tithe is what he wants to correct.
All this evil comments about Pastors and the Bible is bad, just because some pastors are living lavishly and compelling members to pay their tithe doesn't make it to be wrong.
If you do not have revelation concerning tithe then don't give, actually you'll be giving wrongly and it won't bless you, you are giving for the fear of being cursed.
Please don't let the law preachers rob you of your blessings.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Stanbaba30: 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Something is most definitely WRONG..! Creflo? Make this remarks? Oh my God..! Certainly we are in the end times, No doubts at all. More grace ahead I ask Sweet Jesus. This is personally saddening. Whaaaat..? ☹️��
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Nothing wrong about the doctrine of Tithing. It's just the presentation. You can Tithe in love and not in fear.

Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory was asked by our Lord Jesus to go back to a church he had pastored years back and teach them how to give their tithes. If there is one minister you can hardly fault his teaching, he is Kenneth Hagin. A man who Jesus had appeared to eight times in the course of his ministry and taught him face to face.

I will come up with a book on the subject soon and open the eyes of Christians to even know that Tithing is the least financial commitment we ought to be involved with.

We should give far more than our tithes.

Tithing is just 10% but our Lord Jesus even wants us to give 100% and depend solely on God to meet our needs.

So, as a New Testament saints, you can commit 20%, 30%....90% and even 100% of your income to the advancement of God's kingdom and help the poor.

Imagine what an adult can believe..the brainwashing is too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
Iyanuamoke:
Anybody can preach law, it takes the Holy Spirit to preach Grace.
Grace doesn't give you license to sin,no.
When you know Grace, you will tithe without fear or curse.
Pastor Creflo Dollar is not telling you not to pay tithe, he said his teaching concerning tithe is what he wants to correct.
All this evil comments about Pastors and the Bible is bad, just because some pastors are living lavishly and compelling members to pay their tithe doesn't make it to be wrong.
If you do not have revelation concerning tithe then don't give, actually you'll be giving wrongly and it won't bless you, you are giving for the fear of being cursed.
Please don't let the law preachers rob you of your blessings.
Tithing and offering, for those who believe in Jesus Christ are sins against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

This is just one of the lies this man has been teaching using God's name that he is letting go of for reasons known to him. There are still the many other lies which he continues to cling to that has yet to be resolved. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / A Rapist, Cultist And Robber Confesses At TB Joshua's Church (photos) / Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.