Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) (53500 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Onosb1990:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-P4dbx-dNw

I was wrong- US clergyman, Creflo Dollar, denounces his position on tithing, asks his followers to destroy every book and tape he has ever written and preached on tithing because it's not biblical.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cflj6bmgGj1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sam Adeyemi once did this in open church sha.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
litigator:
Sam Adeyemi once did this in open church sha.
What that means is your Sam Adeyemi is also a false prophet and a false teacher like this man and every other one of your pastors and mogs who sell you lies in the name of God. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Eriokanmi: 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
He should return all he had received in tithes since he started his ministry. It's that simple. From time, my tithes and more...go to the less privileged, widows and mission work.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by SeriouslySense(m): 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
Give if you want to give and you can also give directly to someone in need. smiley smiley

Nigerian pastors have turned it to business opportunities, if they want money to live lavishly, they should work for their money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by ManOfSon: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
bennybuhari:
Tithing is not by force

When one pastor says if you don't tithe, you're inviting a devourer into your house (which he knows to be a lie); that's pressure by deception arising from fear & sometimes guilt!

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Originalsly: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
This man was all about money.... but a true Christian should not at all be surprised by this. The man had a revelation.... and got no shame in publicly condemning his earlier belief on tithing. Wasn't Saul a big persecutor of Christians?.... and turned a new leaf? So why be surprised that this one has reversed on one topic... tithes? Let's see where he goes from here... if he continues to live his lavish lifestyle.... or refund the money by programmes to help the poor.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by IrepChrist: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You sin against when you claim to pay your tithe and offering in His name. undecided

Read my sentences very well they are clear.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Aidejay(m): 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
First Benny Hinn
Now Creflo Dollar.

Imagine how many false doctrines these people have preached not just about tithing, that have gone on to ruin lives.

I can only imagine how christians and their leaders will deplatform these MOG's in order to preserve the sanctimonious doctrine of tithing.

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by donhils: 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
Wow, just wow!!
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Ken4Christ: 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nothing wrong about the doctrine of Tithing. It's just the presentation. You can Tithe in love and not in fear.

Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory was asked by our Lord Jesus to go back to a church he had pastored years back and teach them how to give their tithes. If there is one minister you can hardly fault his teaching, he is Kenneth Hagin. A man who Jesus had appeared to eight times in the course of his ministry and taught him face to face.

I will come up with a book on the subject soon and open the eyes of Christians to even know that Tithing is the least financial commitment we ought to be involved with.

We should give far more than our tithes.

Tithing is just 10% but our Lord Jesus even wants us to give 100% and depend solely on God to meet our needs.

So, as a New Testament saints, you can commit 20%, 30%....90% and even 100% of your income to the advancement of God's kingdom and help the poor.

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Godwritten: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
He's blessed for coming out to owe to his misinformation which has been a conduit pipe for most pastors to amass wealth from members.

Many pastors claimed that tithe is biblical but has refused to follow the laid down rules of observance.

They corrupted it to suit themselves. The Word of God can never see corruption.

Tithe, in the context of what we see today is ''another gospel''! As such, it's a scam.

Nigerian pastors should imbrace the truth...for the LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF EVIL.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by poweredcom(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
I don't even believe in all dose tithing for once
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by posemeke: 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
Onosb1990:
Video

I was wrong- US clergyman, Creflo Dollar, denounces his position on tithing, asks his followers to destroy every book and tape he has ever written and preached on tithing because it's not biblical.

No Tithing for Christians. At no time were first-century Christians commanded to pay tithes. The primary purpose of the tithing arrangement under the Law had been to support Israel’s temple and priesthood; consequently the obligation to pay tithes would cease when that Mosaic Law covenant came to an end as fulfilled, through Christ’s death on the torture stake. (Eph 2:15; Col 2:13, 14) It is true that Levitical priests continued serving at the temple in Jerusalem until it was destroyed in 70 C.E., but Christians from and after 33 C.E. became part of a new spiritual priesthood that was not supported by tithes.​—Ro 6:14; Heb 7:12; 1Pe 2:9.

As Christians, they were encouraged to give support to the Christian ministry both by their own ministerial activity and by material contributions. Instead of giving fixed, specified amounts to defray congregational expenses, they were to contribute “according to what a person has,” giving “as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2Co 8:12; 9:7) They were encouraged to follow the principle: “Let the older men who preside in a fine way be reckoned worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard in speaking and teaching. For the scripture says: ‘You must not muzzle a bull when it threshes out the grain’; also: ‘The workman is worthy of his wages.’” (1Ti 5:17, 18) However, the apostle Paul set an example in seeking to avoid bringing an undue financial burden on the congregation.​—Ac 18:3; 1Th 2:9.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Bigchristo22(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
Onosb1990:
Video

Nigeria pastors won’t be happy to hear this grin angry
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kinzo0917(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
fourboys:
Nigeria pastors see ur mate embarassed
. This man is anti- Christ. Tithing is scriptural and it is back up in the Bible. I will always pay my tithe and I feel happy , joyful and blessed doing it. Just only 10% for God o… Is that too much?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by gotex: 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
I love that line, RELIGION IS SUSTAINED By TWO FACTORS: GUILT AND FEAR

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Realhommie(m): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
4tunebest:
For me, personally, the reason why I pay tithe is not because the Bible commands it or not. I pay tithe just to show God that I am grateful for provision and would willingly give a part of it to show my gratitude. I know how poverty dealt with me in the past and how God intervened to make me swim in the abundance I have now. So for someone like me, tithing is an act of gratitude to God and no propaganda can make me stop paying tithe.

My conviction is beyond what is written in the scriptures or what pastors preach

There is so much controversy about payment of tithes because some pastors chose to preach tithe by instilling fear and telling congregants "the Bible commands it". They failed to approach and teach tithing from a place of deep love for God and willingness to give. Nobody should be compelled to pay tithe. Rather, pastors should focus on genuinely winning the hearts of congregants to have genuine love for God and they wont have to compel, force, preach, harass or guilt-trip them into paying tithes.

Payment of tithe should come from a place of deep love for God and not because a pastor said the Bible commands it.

I wish others that have a contrary view to tithing, all the best
Nahhhhh. While i respect your opinion and many could argue is very valid, it is limiting the blessings of God in your life as you claim.

Giving to God to express your gratitude for His blessings or grace over your life should never be limited to 10%, so you're acting same thing as in the old testament which is still being emphasised by pastors especially of the Pentecostal denomination. Christ emphasised on giving, the disciples too hence our love for God shouldn't be limited to 10%, that's what people don't get.

Give as much as you're led and as much as you have, it shouldn't be in any guise called "Tithing"..

Ok, let's assume that tithing is right. How many Christians would you say are sincere about the 10% they give? Do people really give 10% of their earnings? Only a very limited few i would say. That in itself defeats whatever purpose you would have in your heart thinking you're appreciating God with your 10% when in reality it's not even up to 2% for most.

Just don't call it tithe, give to the church for church growth which is actually welfare, and give alms to the needy around you as much as you can. God doesn't need your 10% for any reason, "The earth is His and the fullness of it thereof, PS 24:1"...

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
Read my sentences very well they are clear.
And read mine clearly. You commit sin against God every time you engage in your tithing and offering rituals. This fact has been God's Truth since over 2000 years now. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by crixlight2(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
IamWonderful:
Something drastic has happened in his life
Se he will return all the money he don garner from the preaching and selling of those books , you will see him write another books countering the old books . Smart man , investors vibe grin
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Realhommie(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
ChuksHills:

I wonder the kind of bible he is using that he said tithing is not biblical. All believers should read the Bible for themselves.
It's in the Bible, the question is if it's a Christian practice??. From Jesus to the least of the apostles, please mention which of them paid tithe as recorded in scripture..
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Christistruth00: 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
People will take him Seriously when he returns all the money

Zaccheaus promised Jesus that he would return 4 times what he had collected from anybody dishonestly

Jesus then replied that Salvation had entered Zaccheaus house that day
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by JoshuaSG: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
This can not go well with Nigerian pastors.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Empiree: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2022
grin

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by staga: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
My position on tithing was told to me by God Himself after years of being a Christian without paying tithes and asking questions in prayer about it. I am now a faithful tither and no human being, no pastor or anyone can dissuade me about it.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by candidbabe(f): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
Thanks be to the Almighty .
People's eyes are already opening
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
Na so Benny Hinn denounce prosperity gospel, but he is still telling people to sow 1k $ seed to catch a miracle
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
IamWonderful:
Something drastic has happened in his life
Rubbish! It probably dawned on him that he cannot keep skirting the law with his excesses expecting to get away with it each time. lipsrsealed
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
staga:
My position on tithing was told to me by God Himself after years of being a Christian without paying tithes and asking questions in prayer about it. I am now a faithful tither and no human being, no pastor or anyone can dissuade me about it.
Tithing for those who believe in Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

Whatever you claim told you that was definitely not God. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by InvertedHammer: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
/

How about refunds?

/
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Cmeo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hmmm, possibly after arguing and calling those who argue against paying tithe despite biblical references that they read bible without spirit to interpret it to them. Their word " the bible is interpreted by spirit"
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Amalekki: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Tithing for those who believe in Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. :-
I don't know if it's a sin but I know it's not for Christians and is used for manipulation by many pastors. However, it could be a sin if the tithe giver is consciously or subconsciously using it as a tool for God's favour e.g. paying tithe to get something in return while pretending to be doing it for righteousness sake. That is deceit.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Realhommie(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
Mleeperbother:

How about giving to the needy instead?
Exactly my point.. My counter to her was actually based on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.