Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me (15168 Views)

11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out / Olajide Rilwan Lekan Graduates From Russian Medical School With As / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by michlins(m): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Chartey:

You guys are funny.

Even a fresh doctor out of school doing internship earns a bit more than 200k.

So he should go abroad without qualifications? To do what jobs? Na so e easy for the abroad.

When he can just focus and finish his medicine, go abroad much more easily, start working immediately and make serious money.

Some of you should desist from giving advice on matters you don't know much about.

Even for naija here, e get doctors wey dey make millions per month with international organisations.

He should never lose that MBBS.
give your own advice please sir and leave me alone
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by texazzpete(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
Chartey:

You guys are funny.

So he should go abroad without qualifications? To do what jobs? Na so e easy for the abroad.

When he can just focus and finish his medicine, go abroad much more easily, start working immediately and make serious money.

Some of you should desist from giving advice on matters you don't know much about.

Even for naija here, e get doctors wey dey make millions per month with international organisations.

Don’t mind them.

Imagine people advising him to give up on his medical education to chase freelance money. No be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
All the medical students in my area don use this strike take enter Yahoo full time.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by eaglechild: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
I am not sure any medical student will be asking for such advice.
The stress behind securing admission into med school alone is enough to answer the question.
Then again if indeed you are a medical student, what year are you in? Maybe 1st or 2nd because anyone who has sat any of the major exams in med school is extremely unlikely to be asking this question.
Unless things have changed so much.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Ixodes(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
OP don't give up, you can do it. You were born for such a time s this.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by jydmak(m): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,
I am in dire need of your honest advice. I am a fan of Nairaland but created this because of identity.
I am a medical student studying medicine in one of the public universities in Nigeria. When the ASUU strike newly started, I started looking for things to do and clients to work for. Fortunately, I got two clients who pay me about 200K per month since April. It varies; last month, I earned 199K, this month will be 220K+ if I work harder.
I have saved most of the money to write professional exams.
However, my school still conducts lectures through Zoom and we have not had rest since the strike started. We do have classes from 8am till 5pm except on some days. I am about three months back and our test is coming up soon.
Please do you advise I quite my 200k/per month and focus on my studies seeing that i have lots of materials to read and prepare for my test?
P.S: I have tried balancing but the freelance work is highly demanding. What do i do please?

connect me with the freelancing job abeg
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Glowqueen3(f): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Please boss,just teach me this freelancing thing l will be giving you cut ontop everything l make from it.ejowo edakun
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by babadee1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,
I am in dire need of your honest advice. I am a fan of Nairaland but created this because of identity.
I am a medical student studying medicine in one of the public universities in Nigeria. When the ASUU strike newly started, I started looking for things to do and clients to work for. Fortunately, I got two clients who pay me about 200K per month since April. It varies; last month, I earned 199K, this month will be 220K+ if I work harder.
However, my school still conducts lectures through Zoom and we have not had rest since the strike started. We do have classes from 8am till 5pm except on some days. I am about three months back and our test is coming up soon.
Please do you advise I quite my 200k/per month and focus on my studies seeing that i have lots of materials to read and prepare for my test?
P.S: I have tried balancing but the freelance work is highly demanding. What do i do please?

Take a break from the freelance jobs and focus on your upcoming exams. If you fail out of medical school freelance jobs won't help you then.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by rickleye: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

Education dude .. Get someone to do the freelance work and pay the person a fraction of what you are being paid.. call it finders fee. But education man.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by donnie56: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
rickleye:

Education dude .. Get someone to do the freelance work and pay the person a fraction of what you are being paid.. call it finders fee. But education man.
Thanks a lot. Just that money is very important to me. I worked hard to come this level.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by KristaPretty(f): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
Chartey:

You guys are funny.

Please confidently and sincerely show me a fresh doctor out of school earning 200k WITHOUT connections and I would give you a very big handshake for speaking on what you claim to know

Yes! He can save up and go out of the country to still study this same medicine

Is it after studying in that country your called Nigeria then he begins to earn peanut?

I know medical doctors who earn 80k, 100 or 120k

You are saying 200k

He is not a doctor and he is making more than or equal to a doctor

Please let him do what pleases him

This is my own opinion

You are also entitled to yours and you definitely have low insight

Don't think you know it all

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Salarys: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
KristaPretty:

please confidently and sincerely show me a fresh doctor out of school earning 200k WITHOUT connections and I would give you a very big handshake for speaking on what you claim to know

Is it after studying in that country your called Nigeria then he begins to earn peanut?

You are saying 200k

This is my own opinion

Lol, ma'm, my school's Teaching hospital pay their houseofficers a little below 240k.

This is not heresy, you can take it to the bank. Some of our seniors who were recently inducted, were retained as houseofficers. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Celsony: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

Can I send you a DM? Letc discuss
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Wwwq: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
No
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Wpp1: 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
Yeah
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by latmukd: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
Like people have said, outsourcing the job is your best bet for now. Money is important, Med school is equally important. Besides you can't bank on something that's not really stable.

Wish you good luck.

PS: Don't leave Med school for freelancing ooo.

1 Like

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Celsony: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

Can I send you a DM? Lets discuss
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Pootle: 9:11am On Jul 07, 2022
you schooling to earn...if you earning already no point for the schooling except its a passion and dream to be a doctor or you are almost done with schooling.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

What time of work is it if i may ask? Does it involve any professionalism?

Importantly, what level are you?
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by donnie56: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
BalogunIdowu:

What time of work is it if i may ask? Does it involve any professionalism?

Importantly, what level are you?
It does not have time. It just requires me writing blog posts and articles. Problem is that it consumes my entire thought that I lost enthusiasm for my books. I just need to work hard to start reading again. I am in clinical year.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by skybodmas: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
Bro Las Las it boils down to getting paid.

After your medical school you will still work to get paid.
You are already on this one to get paid too.

Consider the pros and cons based on what you want and make your decision.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by donnie56: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pootle:
you schooling to earn...if you earning already no point for the schooling except its a passion and dream to be a doctor or you are almost done with schooling.
I am almost done with schooling. But ASUU strike keeps prolonging the years of graduation. And one also have to consider the years to spend in internship and NYSC.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by donnie56: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
skybodmas:
Bro Las Las it boils down to getting paid.

After your medical school you will still work to get paid.
You are already on this one to get paid too.

Consider the pros and cons based on what you want and make your decision.
In a normal school, I should be on strike. But we have been having classes since February. It just ended last month and now we are to prepare for our test. My problem is how to revive a dead reading culture and balance it with my jobs.
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Pootle: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
donnie56:

I am almost done with schooling. But ASUU strike keeps prolonging the years of graduation. And one also have to consider the years to spend in internship and NYSC.

this dicey...bro just follow your heart
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Obc1234(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
Please sir, I need job, I'm also medical student like you, you fit link me.?
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Chartey(m): 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
KristaPretty:

Please confidently and sincerely show me a fresh doctor out of school earning 200k WITHOUT connections and I would give you a very big handshake for speaking on what you claim to know

You are saying 200k

This is my own opinion

House officers all over the country earn above 200k immediately after school before NYSC.

Even back in my time, it was close to 200k.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by KristaPretty(f): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Chartey:

House officers all over the country earn above 200k immediately after school before NYSC.

Even back in my time, it was close to 200k.

Lmao, all over the country you say?
I'd just pass as I wouldn't have to argue

Regards
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
donnie56:

It does not have time. It just requires me writing blog posts and articles. Problem is that it consumes my entire thought that I lost enthusiasm for my books. I just need to work hard to start reading again. I am in clinical year.

I understand how writing for blogs can be from my personal one.
If you're in your penultimate or final year, I'd advise you'd give it the possible efforts to have the MB;MS then you can decide whatever after...
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Mammangaddafi(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2022
KristaPretty:

Lmao, all over the country you say?
I'd just pass as I wouldn't have to argue

Regards
That's the truth, you don't have to argue. It's a flat rate now and all house officers receive the same amount
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Leogreat5: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Someone should put me through more on this freelancing skill . I know the basis already .I have the App and that of upwork in my phone. .
Help me bro.

Thank you. I am hoping to quit the job with my clients and focus on med school. I have saved half m which I hope to save more to write the USMLE after grad. I think I will have to pause freelancing for now, because the skill does not leave me.[/quote]
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by Nicoddemus(m): 6:24am On Aug 12, 2022
donnie56:
Hello everyone,

Good morning bro. I've been trying to reach you
Re: Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me by donnie56: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
Nicoddemus:

Good morning bro. I've been trying to reach you
Hello chief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Jamb Form Is Out Now / NECO Records Another Mass Failure / What Is The Cause Of The Flood In Nigeria This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.