Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules (56151 Views)

David Ukpo Asks Court To Stop Biodata Release To Ekweremadu / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Photos Of David Ukpo Nwamini, The 15-Year-Old Boy Ekweremadu Took To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Emoc: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
The western-axis of evil (woe) is collapsing fast.
Holland and several EU puppet states are reeling, UK's government has collapsed & their clown prime minister has resigned. cheesy

STAY TUNED!!!

1stGenAmerican:

Sir, the boy is not trying to win a case. The burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the boy, and the prosecution isn’t relying on the testimony of a young non-citizen. The prosecution is relying on the evidence that they clearly have gathered. Selling a kidney is illegal and the UK courts no that no young man who has no money to afford the lifelong medical care a kidney donor requires would ever offer to donate a kidney to a non-relative out of kindness.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by DWickedLandLord: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
an0daGuy:

Didn’t you read the expose the kid made before to the uk press? He was tricked into coming to the UK for a job offering and then he was told to go for a medical examination before resuming at the phantom job where it was already planned for his kidney to be stolen.

Why are you lying and supporting organ harvesters? angry

Rubbish mixed with nonsense
Expose` my ass
In my world, a story teller is a story teller period. You don't pick n choose which story to believe. Either believe all or believe non
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Agadinaagwuofe: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

There is no information on the ruling by those “journalists and representatives”, just a general statement that anyone could’ve made. The credible sources say that the doctor became suspicious of the boy’s age yet they said nothing about the boy making the claim.
When is the bail hearing because what credible sources are reporting is that the judge has ordered them to remain in custody until August.

The court session was followed live with timelines by Nigerians and was publicized with photo evidences. Nigeria high commission present, senate chairman committee on foreign affairs and Nwajiuba who is Nigerian minister present, search for the news, From their arrivals, judges arrival, defendants counsel; Garvin Irwin presented his arguments all these were captured live even the ruling. Read more about the news, the UK attorney approves for the case to be moved to central criminal court in London hence the lawyers will now file bail application to the court before the next adjournment date on 4th august.

Stop quoting "unknown" credible source you can't verify, the boy lied he was 15 and it was made known in the court today by both counsels, the prosecuting counsel was insisting he was 15 and a minor and the defendant counsel insisted it was a lie, so if you are saying it was the doctor that got suspicious why is Garvin Irwin insisting the boy lied about his age. You should avail yourself all the facts about the case before you take position so that you won't look like "bad belle"
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

Not according to British law. It is a crime to offer monetary incentives to organ donors. How else should we say this for you to understand?

The money is not illegal until it's proven it was for the purchase of the organ either by receipts, email, texts or recorded conversations. Selling organs is illegal if you can prove it was a trade. If he consented to "donating" his organ, the financial incentive isn't enough to outrightly prove it was a trade because most donors (even family members) get financial aids for the follow-up medical care. As far as the court is concerned, it's all about what can be proven.

And if it was actually a trade, the seller is also liable, so they'd both end up in jail. I'd like to see how he'd navigate that.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

If the boy is lied about his age and about his consent, he's trying to win a case. If he's accusing the senator of misleading him, the burden of proof also lies on him. If he consented to "donating" his kidney, the financial incentives wouldn't be enough to outrightly prove it was a trade. A ruling was done today based on gathered evidence (contrary to the notion that he was a minor). The best we can do is to wait for the next ruling instead of jumping into conclusions.

You didn't provide the card indicating he's 41.

The passport confiscated by the UK courts state that he is 41 and the senator’s lawyer has refused to address that and call it a lie. I don’t have to provide proof because it’s obvious the UK government already has it.

The boy isn’t trying to win a case because he hasn’t filed charges, the government has. The government is accusing the senator and his wife of committing crimes and misleading him, not the boy. What the government did allege in court today is that the senator and his wife were holding the boy captive (the Modern Slavery charge) and he escaped.

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

The money is not illegal until it's proven it was for the purchase of the organ either by receipts, email, texts or recorded conversations. Selling organs is illegal if you can prove it was a trade. If he consented to "donating" his organ, the financial incentive isn't enough to outrightly prove it was a trade because most donors (even family members) get financial aids for the follow-up medical care. As far as the court is concerned, it's all about what can be proven.

And if it was actually a trade, the seller is also liable, so they'd both end up in jail. I'd like to see how he'd navigate that.

I guesss the criminal senator can explain to the court the reason a stranger decided to “donate” his kidney to a girl he has never met before grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

I guesss the criminal senator can explain to the court the reason a stranger decided to “donate” his kidney to a girl he has never met before grin grin grin

If it was a trade, both the seller and buyer are guilty. So I guess the boy can wriggle his way out of that one.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Agadinaagwuofe:

The court session was followed live with timelines by Nigerians and was publicized with photo evidences. Nigeria high commission present, senate chairman committee on foreign affairs and Nwajiuba who is Nigerian minister present, search for the news, From their arrivals, judges arrival, defendants counsel; Garvin Irwin presented his arguments all these were captured live even the ruling. Read more about the news, the UK attorney approves for the case to be moved to central criminal court in London hence the lawyers will now file bail application to the court before the next adjournment date on 4th august.

Stop quoting "unknown" credible source you can't verify, the boy lied he was 15 and it was made known in the court today by both counsels, the prosecuting counsel was insisting he was 15 and a minor and the defendant counsel insisted it was a lie, so if you are saying it was the doctor that got suspicious why is Garvin Irwin insisting the boy lied about his age. You should avail yourself all the facts about the case before you take position so that you won't look like "bad belle"

I am not inclined to believe any stories originating from Nigerian sources, especially Nigerian government officials who used the citizens’ money to travel to London but failed to accomplish anything. Where is the prestige and influence they were said to have?
It’s apparent that the UK courts don’t believe those sources either.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Ayed44: 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
an0daGuy:

Didn’t you read the expose the kid made before to the uk press? He was tricked into coming to the UK for a job offering and then he was told to go for a medical examination before resuming at the phantom job where it was already planned for his kidney to be stolen.

Why are you lying and supporting organ harvesters? angry
Everything the boy told the UK press is a lie. Remember the same boy said he was 15.

Sen. Ekweremadu did not hide anything as regards the mission of the boy's trip to the UK. Ekweremadu personally wrote a supporting letter to the British embassy to facilitate the boy's visa. He stated it clearly in the said letter that the boy was going for organ donation in the UK and the bill was on him(Ekweremadu). He didn't make it a secret.

If Ekweremadu was going to illegally harvest the boy's organ in the UK, he could have just smuggled the boy into the UK through a third party without showing his own name.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

If it was a trade, both the seller and buyer are guilty. So I guess the boy can wriggle his way out of that one.

What are you saying ? Which court will jail a poor boy who was trafficked by the immediate past Deputy senate president of an African country?

Isn’t it obvious that this poor was trafficked to be taken advantaged off?

Well, I’m more interested in how the criminal senator will convince the court that the poor boy voluntarily agreed to donate his kidney to a lady he doesn’t know, have never met and has no relationship with. God is good brethren.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by ILuvKIDS: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
Let's all be honest.
This boy was deceived and brought here.
Who will jump on a plane to have his kidney harvested?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ayed44:
Everything the boy told the UK press is a lie. Remember the same boy said he was 15.

Sen. Ekweremadu did not hide anything as regards the mission of the boy's trip to the UK. Ekweremadu personally wrote a supporting letter to the British embassy to facilitate the boy's visa. [b]He stated it clearly in the said letter that the boy was going for organ donation[/b]in the UK and the bill was on him(Ekweremadu). He didn't make it a secret.

If Ekweremadu was going to illegally harvest the boy's organ in the UK, he could have just smuggled the boy into the UK through a third party without showing his own name.

This isn’t true. He only mentioned that the guy was traveling for medical reasons. Medical could be anything. He never said anything about donating organs.

The criminal senator was desperate and needed the organ fast. Using third parties may have delayed the process but using his office as deputy senate president will guarantee visa approval.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
I challenge anyone to explain how any of the offenses described below are contingent on the victim being a minor instead of an adult. Emphasis on number 2 under Human Trafficking.

Ike Ekweremadu, 60, and Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu, 55, were both charged with conspiracy to arrange travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting and modern slavery, police said.
Source: https://www.cnn.com

UK’s Modern Slavery Act
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/30/contents/enacted

Someone in slavery might:

-appear to be under the control of someone else and reluctant to interact with others
-not have personal identification on them
-have few personal belongings, wear the same clothes every day or wear unsuitable clothes for work
-not be able to move around freely
-be reluctant to talk to strangers or the authorities
-appear frightened, withdrawn, or show signs of physical or psychological abuse
-dropped off and collected always in the same way

Exploitation under the MSA of 2015
-Removal of organs etc

(4)The person is encouraged, required or expected to do anything—
(a)which involves the commission, by him or her or another person, of an offence under section 32 or 33 of the Human Tissue Act 2004 (prohibition of commercial dealings in organs and restrictions on use of live donors) as it has effect in England and Wales, or
(b)which would involve the commission of such an offence, by him or her or another person, if it were done in England and Wales.

2-Human trafficking

(1)A person commits an offence if the person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person (“V”) with a view to V being exploited.

(2)It is irrelevant whether V consents to the travel (whether V is an adult or a child).

(3)A person may in particular arrange or facilitate V’s travel by recruiting V, transporting or transferring V, harbouring or receiving V, or transferring or exchanging control over V.

(4)A person arranges or facilitates V’s travel with a view to V being exploited only if—

(a)the person intends to exploit V (in any part of the world) during or after the travel, or

(b)the person knows or ought to know that another person is likely to exploit V (in any part of the world) during or after the travel.

(5)“Travel” means—

(a)arriving in, or entering, any country,

(b)departing from any country,

(c)travelling within any country.

(6)A person who is a UK national commits an offence under this section regardless of—

(a)where the arranging or facilitating takes place, or

(b)where the travel takes place.

(7)A person who is not a UK national commits an offence under this section if—

(a)any part of the arranging or facilitating takes place in the United Kingdom, or

(b)the travel consists of arrival in or entry into, departure from, or travel within, the United Kingdom
.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Agadinaagwuofe: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I am not inclined to believe any stories originating from Nigerian sources, especially Nigerian government officials who used the citizens’ money to travel to London but failed to accomplish anything. Where is the prestige and influence they were said to have?
It’s apparent that the UK courts don’t believe those sources either.

No one is asking you to believe stories from Nigerian sources but before you take a position on a public case you avail yourself all the facts, you could have also sent someone or make your own independent investigation if you want, but coming out to disprove the Nigerian sources at least you should have your own source. No sensible person will like to align with Nigerian govt officials given their antecedents but again cases like this calls for objectivity, no matter how emotional you try to be. I don't know Ekweremadu or the boy but at least I am unbiased. Again the UK court ruled he is not a minor so what are you saying? It was ruled based on the Nigerian documents presented so why saying the courts don't believe the sources.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The passport confiscated by the UK courts state that he is 41 and the senator’s lawyer has refused to address that and call it a lie. I don’t have to provide proof because it’s obvious the UK government already has it.

The boy isn’t trying to win a case because he has not filed charges, the government has. The government is accusing the senator and his wife of committing crimes and misleading him, not the boy. What the government did allege in court today is that the senator and his wife were holding the boy captive (the Modern Slavery charge) and he escaped.

If you the UK government confiscated it, hoe did you see it or know about it? Are you the Prime Minister?

You're saying the kidney was purchased and not donated, fine. You're saying the boy is not the legal accuser, I agree he's not (but anyone calling another a liar has the burden of proof, legally or not). OK, let's roll with all these for a moment. Do you realize it still makes the boy a criminal? Or you think only the buyer is liable? You need to understand I'm not defending the senator. I don't care about him. It's about getting to the truth of the matter. Whether he's a good man or not has no bearing on that.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Fuckingmallam45(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
Beremx:
The court adjourned till August 4 is a welcome development. They should keep adjourning the case till 2023.
Meanwhile, I hope his daughter gets another donor. She shouldn’t suffer for his parents stupidity
Her
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

If you the UK government confiscated it, hoe did you see it or know about it? Are you the Prime Minister?

You're saying the kidney was purchased and not donated, fine. You're saying the boy is not the legal accuser, I agree he's not (but anyone calling another a liar has the burden of proof, legally or not). OK, let's roll with all these for a moment. Do you realize it still makes the boy a criminal? Or you think only the buyer is liable? You need to understand I'm not defending the senator. I don't care about him. It's about getting to the truth of the matter. Whether he's a good man or not has no bearing on that.

Simple, the UK Government gave a statement to UK news sources about the passport saying that he is 41 and the defense lawyers have not tried to address or debunk that statement. Under UK law, the boy would be considered vulnerable due to his financial status which is where they exploitation charges stem from.

2 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

What are you saying ? Which court will jail a poor boy who was trafficked by the immediate past Deputy senate president of an African country?

Isn’t it obvious that this poor was trafficked to be taken advantaged off?

Well, I’m more interested in how the criminal senator will convince the court that the poor boy voluntarily agreed to donate his kidney to a lady he doesn’t know, have never met and has no relationship with. God is good brethren.

If the boy is not a boy but a man who was paid to give away his kidney, then he's guilty. So if the senator can't prove it was a donation, the boy will also be indicted especially now that it's been proven he's not a boy.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by DWickedLandLord: 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Majesty33:
I thought some gullible Nigerians said when they establish that he is not a minor, they will release the EKWEREMADUS. Nonesense and ingredient. They will rot in jail.

Well you're not God
You can only rant online

If there's no supporting evidence, they'll be acquitted or charges dropped.

It's not by "wishing"

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Ayed44: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nozino:

This isn’t true. He only mentioned that the guy was traveling for medical reasons. Medical could be anything. He never said anything about donating organs.

The criminal senator was desperate and needed the organ fast. Using third parties may have delayed the process but using his office as deputy senate president will guarantee visa approval.
He stated it clearly in the letter that the boy was going to donate an organ to his daughter. He didn't make it secret. Read the letter here.

With your choice of words, I know u don't like him, but let the truth be the truth.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Simple, the UK Government gave a statement to UK news sources about the passport saying that he is 41 and the defense lawyers have not tried to address or debunk that statement. Under UK law, the boy would be considered vulnerable due to his financial status which is where they exploitation charges stem from.

You're just wasting my time. Was the news broadcast in your dream? Give us a link and let's all appreciate the story nah.

The financial status of the guy isn't worse than that of millions of Nigerians. So if he sold his kidney, he could face a jail term. This whole idea of debating what the court would sat doesn't make sense because we don't have a say in that. Like said, the best you can do is wait and hear the final judgment.

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

If the boy is not a boy but a man who was paid to give away his kidney, then he's guilty. So if the senator can't prove it was a donation, the boy will also be indicted especially now that it's been proven he's not a boy.

People in sane countries don’t hate poor people like people in Nigeria do, instead they do everything in their power to protect the poor. He’s considered a vulnerable individual that was being exploited by the senator and his wife.
The Nigerian delegation that showed up in the UK further demonstrates how those with power in Nigeria thrive on intimidation and coercion. Please don’t think that the UK officials didn’t see that for what it is.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

You're just wasting my time. Was the news broadcast in your dream? Give us a link and let's all appreciate the story nah.

The financial status of the guy isn't worse than that of millions of Nigerians. So if he sold his kidney, he could face a jail term. This whole idea of debating what the court would sat doesn't make sense because we don't have a say in that. Like said, the best you can do is wait and hear the final judgment.

Go to the BBC and read the original story or do a search here because I’ve already posted it many times. Trust me, he isn’t facing jail. The people facing jail are already sitting in jail cells in London. Goodbye Sir.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

People in sane countries don’t hate the poor as those in Nigeria do but instead do everything in their power to protect the poor. He’s considered a vulnerable individual that was being exploited by the senator and his wife.
The Nigerian delegation that showed up in the UK further demonstrates how those with power in Nigeria thrive on intimidation and coercion. Please don’t think that the UK officials didn’t see that for what it is.

The judge does not rely on emotions but facts. They are many Nigerians like him who have not sold thier kidneys. If he decided to sell his, it was a choice. That's after he's proven it was a trade. The case could go in many ways. Regardless of how much you dislike the senator, the outcome may not favour you. So wait and see how it goes instead coming up with unverifiable stories that don't count.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by etrange: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Go to the BBC and read the original story or do a search here because I’ve already posted it many times. Trust me, he isn’t facing jail. The people facing jail are already sitting in jail cells in London. Goodbye Sir.

You have nothing, madam. Bye
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ayed44:
He stated it clearly in the letter that the boy was going to donate an organ to his daughter. He didn't make it secret. Read the letter here.

With your choice of words, I know u don't like him, but let the truth be the truth.

wink This document proves that the senator used his bank statement as proof of funds for the boy’s visa and his money for medical expenses. This proves that he acted as the guarantor/used his money and ‘influence’ as weight to push everything through, further establishing a pattern. His lawyer(s) were really stupid to publicly release this. I’d never do this to any of my clients.

3 Likes

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Nozino: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ayed44:

Thanks. I have seen this before but I’m not sure how I missed it.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by IamAsiri: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
Persephone1:
It's pathetic how the guy changed his mind and still cause all these trouble.

He could have opt out nicely.

Doesn't change anything. That lie about age might have been his way of getting the attention of the police.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by LienwaltAbel(m): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
. How will you understand a high class argument , just one question you can not even answer, you are busy posting rubbish Google site that doesn't relate with the report, to help give you direction, what is organ donor, just answer that since you are good in Google , you can browse it, simply ask, what is organ donor
High class argument shocked. I didn't know that arguments could be "high class". Mainly who on Earth doesn't know who an organ donor is? Yes of course the boy might have agreed to donate his organs, but why? That's the million dollar question.
Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by IamAsiri: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
etrange:

Not if he isn't aware of this "trade".

1 Like

Re: David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules by Yankee101: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
If it's proven he's not a minor why should they remain in custody without bail?

A key part of the reason for the arrest has been overturned. This will not happen to a European or US senator

See where bauhari has taken nigeria to

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Richest Local Governments In Nigeria / Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists / Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.